AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-04-01, 20:19   Link #441
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

How naive of you - trying to counter narrative with facts.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 21:45   Link #442
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Why am I getting a feeling we got a resident wumao here?

----

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/124454...covid-19-watch

An article from the Philippine Daily Inquirer that shows the virus affects the various classes, especially those from the urban poor/lower class.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 22:53   Link #443
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Why am I getting a feeling we got a resident wumao here?
Those of us who have the opportunity to cross-reference US media claims vs Chinese media can very well tell who is the real aggressive propagandist (having spent two weeks listening to media while in China and comparing even before CoVID-19 appeared made very clear just how pervasive propaganda in the US media really is).
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 23:01   Link #444
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
The infection in China pales in comparison to the West
Is this funny for you?
A lot people dies and suffers from this virus, France is down, Italy is down, US is down the whole world is down.

Sorry but i can't see what is funny from this comparison there is nothing to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
How naive of you - trying to counter narrative with facts.
Facts?
It's altered facts by CCP, the people of Hubei knows this fact that is why they going Rampage now against another lock down.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 23:21   Link #445
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Jan. 20 “I know more about viruses than anyone”
Jan. 21 “We have it totally under control"
Feb. 2 “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China”
Feb. 10 “Looks like by April" "when it gets a little warmer it miraculously goes away”
Feb. 24 “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the US. Stock Market starting to look very good to me”
Feb 25 “We're very close to a vaccine”
Feb 26 “When you have 15 and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero"
Feb 26 “We're going very substantially down not up”
Feb 26 “This is a flu This is like a flu”
Feb 26 “Whatever happens, we’re totally prepared”
Feb 28 “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of uh elements"
Feb 28 “The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus.” “This is their new hoax"
March 2 "You take a solid flu vaccine you don’t think that would have an impact or much of an impact on corona?”
March 2 "So when you lose 27,000 people a year, "I didn't know that"
March 4 “I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number. Now this is just my hunch"
March 4 “The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing"
March 4 “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by you know, sitting around and even going to work some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5 “The United States has as of now only 129 cases and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible”
March 5 "Gallup just gave us the highest rating ever for the way we are handling the CoronaVirus situation"
March 6 "I didn’t know people died from the flu 36,000 people died”
March 6 “Anybody that wants a test can get a test.”
March 6 “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down”
March 6 “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down”
March 6 "We have very low numbers compared to major countries throughout the world. Our numbers are lower than just about anybody"
March 6 "I hear the numbers are getting much better in Italy"
March 6 “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault”
March 9 “This blindsided the world. And I think we've handled it very very well”
March 11 “I met with the leaders of health insurance industry, who have agreed to waive all co-payments for coronavirus treatments”
March 11 “And taking early intense action we have seen dramatically fewer cases of the virus in the United States than are now present in Europe”
March 11 "These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo but various other things as we get approval"
March 11 "But we're having to fix a problem that four weeks ago nobody ever thought would be a problem"
March 12 "You know I just got back from India and I didn't shake any hands there"
March 12 "If you go to the right agency if you go to the right area you get the test"
March 12 "Sure But we have them very heavily tested. If an American is coming back or anybody is coming back, we're testing. We have a tremendous testing set up where people coming in have to be tested"
March 12 "If you go back and look at the swine flu and what happened with the swine flu you'll see how many people died and how actually nothing was done for such a long period of time, as people were dying all over the place"
March 13 “I want to thank Google. Google is helping to develop a website. "Google has 1700 engineers working on this right now to determine whether a test is warranted and to facilitate testing at a nearby convenient location.”
March 15 "This is a very contagious this is a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something that we have tremendous control of"
March 15 "The head of Google, who's a great gentleman, just called us and he apologized"
March 15 "I saved Social Security and Medicare. I will not be cutting, but they will"
March 16 “We have a problem that a month ago nobody ever thought about”
March 16 “I would rate it a 10." out of 10 “I think we have done a great job”
March 17 “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic”
March 19 "We're going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately"
March 21 "We have very good liquids for doing this sanitizing the masks and that that's something they're starting to do more and more"
March 23 "We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself”
March 23 “We can’t turn [the economy] off and think it’s going to be wonderful. There will be tremendous repercussions"
March 25 "We are testing more than any other country"
March 27 "We had nothing in the stockpile system"
March 30 "If you look at those individual statements they're all true stay calm, it will go away. You know it is going away"
March 31 "We started with certain parts of Italy, and then all of Italy, Then we saw Spain. Then I said, stop Europe, let's stop Europe."
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 23:50   Link #446
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
Facts?
It's altered facts by CCP, the people of Hubei knows this fact that is why they going Rampage now against another lock down.
However why you take his comment out of context and insert CCP in it. When he was talking about Taiwan's and S.Korea's data.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 00:16   Link #447
Key Board
Carbon

Yellow fever won't give you more ventilators or face masks.

If the US can keep fire arms production within its own borders, why can't they do the same for medical supply production.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 01:21   Link #448
Diet
Calorie Mate

Only 57 died in Japan. Basically the number of dead people are 1/200 of ordinary flu, though a certain famous 70 years old comedian (he was heavy smoker) died by corona.
Some analysts say that countries that doing BCG vaccination as a duty can lightened damage of corona. Compare Portgal and Spain. My concern is north America, Italy, Spain, France.
Diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 01:38   Link #449
coded321
He Who Games

"Mitch McConnell states that Impeachment delayed Trumps Covid-19 response. Here is the data to dispute his claims."
https://www.reddit.com/r/Keep_Track/...hment_delayed/

The only thing that screwed trump's response was trump.

Last edited by coded321; 2020-04-02 at 01:55.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 04:00   Link #450
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yeah sure sure, everything is the evil Chinese's fault
Whatever, you are free to believe anything you want to believe.
The fact remains is: It's not Chinese people who are dropping like flies at the moment.
Eh, even you cannot 100% say with a straight face China's casualty numbers are not under counted (after all, even you accepted earlier that 26K fatality count in Wuhan from funeral urn counting is reasonable and that's still much more than official count) or that they didn't horribly botch their initial response (and the ongoing communications AFTER-response by engaging the US in an ever more ridiculous narrative war)

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2020-04-02 at 04:10.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 05:05   Link #451
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Do we really have to kiss the ground Xi walked on? Really? No, everyone in the world behaved like fucking assclowns, be it China, USA, EU and the rest of the world.

The pandemic showed in plain sight whatever was shown in movies and video games could happen DID happen!

Guys at Muv Luv Alternative criticized that individual nations CANT be so dumb to put their OWN interests above the survival of the species as a whole. Wrong! Some nations I wont name here really did put their own interests above the greater good.

Or

LOL people cant hide zombie bite and risk the survival of the group! Wrong! Infectees did say FUCK to the quarantine and come infect EVERYONE because maybe THEY believed they could make it alive.

Or

LOL people do read the news and wont do something stupid like shopping while zombies are feasting on everyone in despite of governments warnings? LOL NO look at the stupid fucks who went to festivals, vacations and religious meetings.

Humanity is stupid is my take on the whole pandemic.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 10:41   Link #452
Key Board
Carbon

I've been checking US right wing chatter

There are a few prominent ideas that have gained traction

1) US is overreacting to Covid19. It's a conspiracy against Trump to crash the economy and make him lose the election

2) hydroxychloroquine is a wonder drug that cures Covid19. Leftist and globalist are suppressing this truth because they don't want the disease to be cured.

3) Fauci is a sleeper agent of the Democrats/Globalist/Big Pharma and he is trying to undermine Trump

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 11:18   Link #453
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Humanity is stupid is my take on the whole pandemic.
My take would be that nationalism will always forgive ineptitude and corruption (unless they see it in another country).

Another thing I have learned, as imperfect as any statistic might be, the more totalitarian a country is, the more likely death tolls are under reported, democracies with a free press are quite unlikely to do so (unless again, they are talking about foreign countries where they have no means of getting closer to the facts).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 13:21   Link #454
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
The fact remains is: It's not Chinese people who are dropping like flies at the moment.
Really? You're proud that there are currently more people dying in other countries than China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Those of us who have the opportunity to cross-reference US media claims vs Chinese media can very well tell who is the real aggressive propagandist (having spent two weeks listening to media while in China and comparing even before CoVID-19 appeared made very clear just how pervasive propaganda in the US media really is).
Yes because the Chinese media is known for its objectivity and honesty.

If I wouldn't see it black on white right here in this thread I couldn't believe people are having a pissing contest about who is doing worse/more evil while the pandemic is causing deaths all over the world.

Last edited by monir; 2020-04-02 at 13:49. Reason: Truer words in purple and bold
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 13:46   Link #455
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Before this thread becomes a place for political/nationalistic shit-fest, I'm just going to ask everyone to take a deep breath, step back and then stick to the topic at hand. Post here only if you have anything related to the topic without delving into toxic circular opinion about nationality, politics, racism and all the other good stuff that riles people up to no end. The thread is about the spread of the virus which is equally affecting millions of people all around the world regardless of who we are.

I'll start deleting posts from here on if I'm not making myself clear.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 14:44   Link #456
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Oh man, I do not know if I should laugh or cry, in the city where I live (which has important beer breweries) the governor (as part of his covid-19 press conference) said yesterday that since beer production is not an essential activity, therefore production (and distribution) will stop tomorrow. Forget panic buying of toilet paper, there was a real frenzy to buy as much alcohol as possible, one viral video described the scenes as the end of the world even! They might not be so far off, since many people might have gotten infected as they crowded supermarkets to get the booze. I expect sooner rather than latter to see bars and similar open illegally to sell "imported" beverages, seems like we will get a taste of the prohibition
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 15:53   Link #457
ramlaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Before this thread becomes a place for political/nationalistic shit-fest, I'm just going to ask everyone to take a deep breath, step back and then stick to the topic at hand. Post here only if you have anything related to the topic without delving into toxic circular opinion about nationality, politics, racism and all the other good stuff that riles people up to no end. The thread is about the spread of the virus which is equally affecting millions of people all around the world regardless of who we are.

I'll start deleting posts from here on if I'm not making myself clear.
I will refrain from political posts here. Let us hold ourselves to the same standards we implore of others.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 18:50   Link #458
Toukairin
Banned

What the hell?

"Shoot them dead": Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte orders police and military to kill citizens who defy coronavirus lockdown (CBS)

@MeoTwister & @Yu Ominae, can you tell me what is really going on in the Philippines? Tell me they are not going there.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 19:05   Link #459
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I don't find that order surprising, with his war on drugs. Will the cop and military apply the order? let's hope than it won't go that far.
Old 2020-04-02, 19:20   Link #460
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
What the hell?

"Shoot them dead": Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte orders police and military to kill citizens who defy coronavirus lockdown (CBS)

@MeoTwister & @Yu Ominae, can you tell me what is really going on in the Philippines? Tell me they are not going there.
Technically he meant shoot to kill extreme leftists and "dirty commies" who violates quarantine by congregating and protesting in the streets, but we know how he never really clearly says what he means, which is most of the time.

Edit - Also can someone fucking tell me why Dr. Fauci is getting death threats of all things?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote