AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 09:04   Link #46061
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I veto using the name elf. I am against the name elf. Lots of things really. No offense Stratos, just sayin' what I think
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 09:09   Link #46062
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

N.S.H.E (Next Stage of Human Evolution)?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 09:18   Link #46063
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I veto using the name elf. I am against the name elf. Lots of things really. No offense Stratos, just sayin' what I think
Fair enough. I would ask why but I'll leave that to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
N.S.H.E (Next Stage of Human Evolution)?
Nah, I need a term. A name. I thought about acronyms but it's just a pain to think about at times.
Old 2013-09-16, 09:19   Link #46064
demino_hellsin
That one guy

they don't evolve into being with pointy ears and not all of them will be inhumanly beautiful
Old 2013-09-16, 09:30   Link #46065
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
they don't evolve into being with pointy ears and not all of them will be inhumanly beautiful
Chifuyu is a freaking vampire, we just need to add some sparkles
Old 2013-09-16, 09:42   Link #46066
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Heh, of course they don't. Since it's only a term and prime connection between the term and the people it represents is the "supernatural" part. Oddly fitting so I hope it could stand out like the other Newtype variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
And she's a prime example of an Artificial Elf. No psychic powers but friggin strong as... anything the fandom decides to compare her to! Outside of an IS even.
Old 2013-09-16, 09:50   Link #46067
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, since Elves are often depicted as Luddites, the fact that I.S. become one of the catalyst is a little jarring.

I can understand why Demi is against it, your reasoning however can be used as inverse logic (using 'magical' technology to become one with nature)
Old 2013-09-16, 09:58   Link #46068
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Well, since Elves are often depicted as Luddites, the fact that I.S. become one of the catalyst is a little jarring.

I can understand why Demi is against it, your reasoning however can be used as inverse logic (using 'magical' technology to become one with nature)
Luddites as in people who are unwilling/opposes change? I can see the irony there with the IS. (Being one of the things that incited change )

I can see how odd this is going to be.
Old 2013-09-16, 09:58   Link #46069
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What was the nationality of the first evolved humans?
Old 2013-09-16, 10:02   Link #46070
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Multi-national. In Athena-verse, they would be the ones who went for those prolonged NASA-ish space missions.

One of them ends up as the antagonist of the story.
Old 2013-09-16, 10:10   Link #46071
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it would be more interesting to see each nationality have their own terminology for it. Kind of like some think they're hallucinating. for the english I thought maybe Seelie Sights or something
Old 2013-09-16, 10:14   Link #46072
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Hmm... I see your point. Might be confusing though since I'll need to come up with a few names for the same thing. And the first evolved humans aren't even going to be named specifically, just that the term is brought up and explained towards the end where some of the OCs are actually going to space.
Old 2013-09-16, 10:16   Link #46073
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it lends more empathy to this topic if you want to breach it. It also lends mystery as to the ability's nature. Just like with one piece, the people in the sky call the invisible power Mantra, the people on the ground call it Haki. But in the end they all get unified into one thing.
Old 2013-09-16, 10:24   Link #46074
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I understand, will see to it. You are right though, the Elf thing is a mystery and the term is coined by just one person/group. Guess I could use some of the other terms for this one.

And was it ever explicitly mentioned that White Knight actually went into OUTER space after its intervention? If so, then I could probably make hints that Chifuyu could have evolved as well.
Old 2013-09-16, 10:26   Link #46075
demino_hellsin
That one guy

thanks and I'm honored in you taking my opinion into account was pretty worried.

I believe going into space was something Zero coined for fanon. I think WHITE KNIGHT just up and disappeared.
Old 2013-09-16, 10:35   Link #46076
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My fanon holds up that White Knight is the only I.S. OPTIMIZED for space operation, all I.S. can operate in space. But using Uchigane in that condition aren't that much better than using Guntank compared to proper Mobile Suit.

There's also several other fanon, including Raphael Revive as the first I.S. to regain full air combat capability.

But again all of them are based on observation, without hard evidence.
Old 2013-09-16, 11:04   Link #46077
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Meh, we've always been playing the liberty game anyways. Fanon differs from one fic to another...

Spoiler for Coined Terms:
Old 2013-09-16, 11:08   Link #46078
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I approve that post!
Old 2013-09-16, 12:16   Link #46079
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Getting things out of my head again:

Nemo Hawkins(Nemo version 3):
A lazy slacker who can't be bother with the world and is a little selfish side (usually, OC in IS-verse use their machine to redeem image of Males, but this guy say "screw it").

But deep down, really nice person...who happen to love trolling.

When using his Drone, he act like a typical cartoon-y evil villain with world-domination as his goal.

==

Photon/Lumiris Collider:
The name is actually a misnomer since the machine itself doesn't collide photon, instead this machine generate special Lumiris particles, which upon contact with a photon, is capable of generate large amount of energy.

Through the use multiple Photon Collider solar sail, it is capable of Faster-than-Light speed of up to 1 Lightyear per hour (doesn't seems much until you do the math).

The effect of traveling at that speed is akin to teleportation because the machine is traveling so fast that it will take a while before human's sensory system is able to react.

When any machines used the Lumiris Collider, creates a trail of light (how intensive of the light depend on how much energy it used). The trail of light is actually a byproduct (after Photon Collided with Lumiris) called Lumiris Afterglow (L.A.G....) which has the property of hard light (but it is not actually solid matter, it is actually energy that generate a repelling force that creates an illusion of solid matter... as for the light itself, waste product when the energy decays).

Lumiris Afterglow can be manipulated/molded to create solid shield or be used for smash into things (however due to its property as "Energy", it still breakdown under Byakushiki's one-off ability....)

[Think Valvrave 's "Hard After Glow"]

=

Seems awesome and all, but most unfortunately, when the first time this machine is deployed, it was before the invention of IS and.... there is no Hyper Sensor, PIC or Energy barrier.

So when the space probe was launch, controlling the machine is impossible (In FTL speed, the signal can't reach the machine fast enough and even if it can, electronics will lags).

When it finally stopped, the result is nasty. The probe smashed into a meteor into tiny sand-size pieces.

NASA deemed the project as failure and scrapped everything. The Inventor(Not Nemo) find it a pity and instead auction the blueprint on Ebay to raise fund for his next project.

Depending on how it goes:

Amalgamation-verse: Gerald (still Naive) brought the blueprint, hoping to incorporate it into IS until he realized that there is no plan of sending IS to space ever. Every single nation is more concern about using IS as weapon which eventually drive him into despair.

Using partially decoded blueprint (mostly due to Inventor not having linear thought process), Gerald built a special intelligent drone called Nemesis (aka, backup plan C, in case Inami gone Rouge). Nemesis is seldom used on Paradixe mission (unless it is search and destroy missions) because this a maverick drone obsessed with fighting the strong and can be easily side-tracked from main objective.

However due to the blueprint being incomplete, Nemesis' speed isn't as fast as intended (speed nerf but still in Nightmare Hell-mode to IS pilots).

On the other hand, further decoding the blueprint, Jinrai found the problem of the machine traveling too fast and so when a new machine is built for Inami, he lowered the maximum speed (AKA Nerfed), creating a Gundam Star-gazer like machine: Metis.

Due to its speed and weird human-to-machine interface (using the brain as controller), the unit is difficult to control and since it was not really his style (a single variable equipment with weird interface, compared to multiple weapons that he is used to). Inami seldom use this machine and prefer his older machines instead.

Without Stratosphere's OC: Given to any Male IS pilots in the story with the same nerf effect.... but like Inami, left the machine to rot because it is awesome but difficult.
=

Edit:
Official Title for my OC Fic: Legacy of 0rion.
Old 2013-09-16, 16:21   Link #46080
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:

...just for 'giggles', I read an excerpt from the book that just happens to be titled with the same word that is a measurement of time just before dusk and/or dawn. Asides for the obvious aversion I have for the series, this definitely gives off a 'Mary Stu'-esque aura. ...anyway, to the point of my post:

Don't compare Chifuyu-sama to those blood-sucking fae!!!

.... That is all.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest