AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2020-10-12, 19:39   Link #4621
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
As of 1st October, Getchu stopped accepting foreign credit card so we no longer can buy from them now...
Wait, why?
Do they accept Paypal or are we really stuck?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 21:48   Link #4622
n0m@n
C-Z

We are stuck unfortunately....
They only accept Japan issued credit card.
There are other payments but only possible payment method for those living in Japan or have a bank account in Japan.
I ordered from them on 20th Sept and it worked. But when I tried ordering it yesterday it didn't work and saw that they made the statement on 28th Sept that they no longer would accept foreign credit card....
They didnt explain the reason for this change.
Old 2020-10-12, 23:51   Link #4623
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
We are stuck unfortunately....
They only accept Japan issued credit card.
There are other payments but only possible payment method for those living in Japan or have a bank account in Japan.
I ordered from them on 20th Sept and it worked. But when I tried ordering it yesterday it didn't work and saw that they made the statement on 28th Sept that they no longer would accept foreign credit card....
They didnt explain the reason for this change.
Meh, I generally buy from Sofmap/Amazon/Tora etc anyway
Old 2020-10-14, 00:42   Link #4624
n0m@n
C-Z

I wanted TO buy the 4K Gundam movie trilogy from Getchu since it came with a special box when you order from them. I went to Getchu since Amiami said they sold out yesterday but when I checked it today they were up again so I was able to preorder it from Amiami. Thank god...

But still, I have been buying things from Getchu few times a year for a long time so its sad that I can no longer purchase from them... They were good since you can preorder things that were 6 weeks apart from each other in one shipment.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2020-10-14 at 01:02.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-14, 08:49   Link #4625
dragon1412

Ugh, At least they could give us the reason, the only thing I could think of right now that impact this is Covid
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 06:03   Link #4626
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW, does anyone experience the situation with some VNs on Win 10 laptops, especially older games, where you cannot enter fullscreen? They just expand then instantly shrink back to windowed mode when you try.

Going back to have a replay of きっと、澄みわたる朝色よりもand while it works fine on my Win 7 PC, I get this issue on my Win 10 one
Old 2020-10-15, 06:57   Link #4627
Rinvelt
駄目人間

I have it, so tested, and fullscreen works for me. MSI laptop with Win10.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 12:31   Link #4628
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
I have it, so tested, and fullscreen works for me. MSI laptop with Win10.
Huh, interesting...Might be my DirectX is too advanced.....what's yours? Mine is version 12
Old 2020-10-15, 14:02   Link #4629
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Same, version 12 too.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 23:33   Link #4630
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Same, version 12 too.
Hrmm.....Might have to test around a bit. I hope it's not the GPU since it's a workstation GPU instead of the usual Nvidia gaming ones but it would be quite dumb for such an old eroge of all things to be affected by GPU.

EDIT: Strangely.....It works now. Restarted the laptop after tweaking some defaults in the GPU control panel to not optimize the game, might really be that.
Old 2020-10-22, 02:43   Link #4631
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
As of 1st October, Getchu stopped accepting foreign credit card so we no longer can buy from them now...
By the way, as of yesterday, this is fixed again. They now have 3D Secure enabled. So I take it that the problem was people using stolen credit card and they didn't have sufficient anti-fraud controls in place.
Old 2020-10-22, 06:52   Link #4632
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, as of yesterday, this is fixed again. They now have 3D Secure enabled. So I take it that the problem was people using stolen credit card and they didn't have sufficient anti-fraud controls in place.
Oh seriously!?
Thank god....
I thought it was permanent thing...
Thank you for the news.
Old 2020-10-22, 13:55   Link #4633
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Phew.......

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2020-11-29, 20:42   Link #4634
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Alicesoft's Dona Dona's art looks so much like Etrian Odyssey, but just with really bright colors. I even saw people actually think it was drawn by Himukai.
But it seems to be an interesting game. I haven't really played that many Alicesoft games, but the mix of gameplay and novel-parts is fairly unique.

Old 2021-04-05, 11:02   Link #4635
AP24

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...novels/.171439

I remember Akaneiro and Hoshizora. Always wanted to play them after watching the anime. I miss the days when anime adaptation of VN were common cause the anime made me motivated to play VN but nowadays I don’t feel like playing.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 23:53   Link #4636
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...novels/.171439

I remember Akaneiro and Hoshizora. Always wanted to play them after watching the anime. I miss the days when anime adaptation of VN were common cause the anime made me motivated to play VN but nowadays I don’t feel like playing.
It happens as you get older. I know the feeling.

It is true that feng hasn't really stood out since a long time. Akaneiro was their only prominent (if not only?) anime adaption too. Quite a shame.

Old 2021-04-08, 17:26   Link #4637
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It happens as you get older. I know the feeling.

It is true that feng hasn't really stood out since a long time. Akaneiro was their only prominent (if not only?) anime adaption too. Quite a shame.
Hoshizora also had an anime, but yeah -- it didn't make much of a splash at the time.

feng these days is basically "dead" -- no new projects since 2019 or recent announcements that I can see. Maybe the licensing deal is in the hopes of bringing in a bit more money or momentum to fund a new project.

I really think a lot of the people who used to work in VNs ended up moving on either to LNs or mobage instead, since that's really where the market/audience went as well. Obviously there are still some big brands that will survive by the strength of their core staff and loyal fans, but there's just not room for as many small players anymore.

And yeah, like you guys, I find it's hard to find the motivation to play through full VNs these days. The lack of anime adaptations does play into that for sure. There's just too much media and not enough time to do everything. And if you fall into the mobage or other "live service" game trap, you end up focusing on keeping up with your dailies in those so you don't fall behind, and so don't have as much time to spend with long games that don't have any "deadline."
Old 2021-04-08, 21:31   Link #4638
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Hoshizora also had an anime, but yeah -- it didn't make much of a splash at the time.

And yeah, like you guys, I find it's hard to find the motivation to play through full VNs these days. The lack of anime adaptations does play into that for sure. There's just too much media and not enough time to do everything. And if you fall into the mobage or other "live service" game trap, you end up focusing on keeping up with your dailies in those so you don't fall behind, and so don't have as much time to spend with long games that don't have any "deadline."
Ohh, yeah, now I remember. I liked the OP. I think one thing that helps about eroge OPs is that they generally don't use the VAs (unless they are a professional singer) or some weird band group that was chosen for whatever political reasons.

Although I guess it depends on the type, doing dailies is actually kinda matching with eroge. Since you can just hit the auto button on the eroge and braindead do whatever daily you need. I'm personally doing Nukitashi right now, since I heard about its popularity and I think its concept is pretty interesting. Finished two routes, got two left. But Monster Hunter came out, and that is one game you can't really multi-task, so it is at a halt.

Old 2021-04-08, 22:31   Link #4639
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I was lamenting the lack of VN adaptations recently (aside from juggernauts like Heaven's Feel) but LN are dirt cheap to make and so abundant now there's even manga adaptations that seem drowned out. I don't think its fair to view that as a reflection of the market for VN as a whole.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 23:16   Link #4640
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

feng these days is basically "dead" -- no new projects since 2019 or recent announcements that I can see. Maybe the licensing deal is in the hopes of bringing in a bit more money or momentum to fund a new project.

I really think a lot of the people who used to work in VNs ended up moving on either to LNs or mobage instead, since that's really where the market/audience went as well. Obviously there are still some big brands that will survive by the strength of their core staff and loyal fans, but there's just not room for as many small players anymore.

Mobage and anime production actually. All the top writers went there. Look at Nitroplus, not what it was 10+ years ago at the peak of the Muramasa/ Demonbane days

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel