AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-08-26, 09:18   Link #4641
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Wait, Midway event ends on Thursday? Well shit. Looks like I won't be able to get Ooyodo.
Latest run had Haguro got in a lucky crit and got Northern down to 22. AND MYOUKOU ONLY DID 4 DAMAGES TOTAL FOR A DOUBLE ATTACK. Ugh.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 09:54   Link #4642
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
That sounds familiar.

I think the only girls past level 40 I have left are Hiei, Kirishima, Yamashiro and Ise (and two subs). There are also not many past level 30. A DD and a CVL. Not sure whether there are more.
My fault is that I have been mainly pushing for shipgirls that have Kai Ni in 3-2-A, while using carriers and battleships to clean up the node. It meant that I have reached a point where Hiei and Kirishima were respectively in their 25 and 40ish, Kongou was in her mid 60s while Haruna was in Kai Ni form, and I never used Haruna. Meanwhile Akagi was in her late level 70s, Kaga approached l60, Souryuu was slowly approaching the mid-70s, and I pretty much pushed Shoukaku to her Kai level. CVL were just hilariously unbalanced leveling-wise, RJ was in her late 50s. The rest of my CVL? Only Zuihou and Hiyou approached level 30. Let's not get started on my CL and CA roster, the level unbalance was just as sad. As for DD, I was aware that I was going to use only three ever, Beaver, Poi and Shigure. Many other DDs were already in their Kai forms, but only Hamakaze was over level 30. On a funny note, Beaver was level 17 while I was taking on AL. Then came MI where I pushed her to Kai level, and went crazy with modernization (gotta use those Yamashiro and Fusou I got as drops). She is now level 41 as I take on E5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Wait, Midway event ends on Thursday? Well shit. Looks like I won't be able to get Ooyodo.
Latest run had Haguro got in a lucky crit and got Northern down to 22. AND MYOUKOU ONLY DID 4 DAMAGES TOTAL FOR A DOUBLE ATTACK. Ugh.
Hum, a little later:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Friday apparently. The tweets said the 29th, not the 28th, which surprised me.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 10:09   Link #4643
Nemesis

^
I am sort of gravitating towards that Kai Ni trend in a way,but raising that many kanmusu over several different classes proves to be a little difficult.Hope you aren't at HQ 80+ difficulty.

Btw,nice avatar,Sendai is cute.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 10:18   Link #4644
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
.Hope you aren't at HQ 80+ difficulty.

Btw,nice avatar,Sendai is cute.
I was late level 80s when the event started. I am now TTK level 93.
Old 2014-08-26, 11:46   Link #4645
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
My fault is that I have been mainly pushing for shipgirls that have Kai Ni in 3-2-A, while using carriers and battleships to clean up the node. It meant that I have reached a point where Hiei and Kirishima were respectively in their 25 and 40ish, Kongou was in her mid 60s while Haruna was in Kai Ni form, and I never used Haruna. Meanwhile Akagi was in her late level 70s, Kaga approached l60, Souryuu was slowly approaching the mid-70s, and I pretty much pushed Shoukaku to her Kai level. CVL were just hilariously unbalanced leveling-wise, RJ was in her late 50s. The rest of my CVL? Only Zuihou and Hiyou approached level 30. Let's not get started on my CL and CA roster, the level unbalance was just as sad. As for DD, I was aware that I was going to use only three ever, Beaver, Poi and Shigure. Many other DDs were already in their Kai forms, but only Hamakaze was over level 30. On a funny note, Beaver was level 17 while I was taking on AL. Then came MI where I pushed her to Kai level, and went crazy with modernization (gotta use those Yamashiro and Fusou I got as drops). She is now level 41 as I take on E5.
I pushed all my BBs and CVs to 40 (started the event at level 53, am 59 - close to 60 - now). CVLs were already approaching their way to 30 (or past 30 in some cases like for the two I used for AL) prior to the event. DDs, possessed 4 at 40, as I was preparing for 3-2 prior to the event. Big weakness was my lack of high leveled CAs, so I was spending much time in the beginning bringing my CAs to 25 (I think I only had Atago, Maya and Kako at Kai, now Mogami, Nachi are closing in on 40, while Aoba, Chokai and Takao are also Kai). Generally I'm more following the concept of horizontal leveling, even though this leads to fewer super high leveled ships.

But the event sure did some wonders to some ships. Isuzu was at level 2 when the event started. Pushed her to 27 when I took her to MI and now she's at 46. Kongou was at 52 or so, now she's at 69 (okay, she was on pretty much every leveling run as second-battle-round enabler). Kaga dropped for me during E3, now she's 36.
Old 2014-08-26, 11:49   Link #4646
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The moral here is: you wouldn't know if you didn't try it.

That said, E-3's S-Rank drops are truly utter bunk. I can understand carriers, but Nagara? Tone and Chikuma? What the heck?

Kind of tempted to just go back to E-4 tomorrow and just try to get Mikuma rather than waste my time at E-3 trying for Taigei...
Old 2014-08-26, 12:00   Link #4647
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Prior to starting E5 I have to say that I got lucky and struck a sweet spot with the event. My broad leveling earned me enough - both in number and level - girls to tackle both AL and MI, also in regard to my HQ level. Then the duration of the event of three weeks gave me enough time to improve on the weaknesses of my roster, like leveling Mogami, Maya, Nachi, Kaga and Isuzu to get them ready, or enabling shelling out ressources to craft Saiuns, combat aircraft and Sanshikidans.
Old 2014-08-26, 12:00   Link #4648
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

That afternoon have been kind to me. Like the stars were aligned to me. It took 8 runs, half got sent home and the others made it to the boss. ALL of those went through the northern route, those that reached the boss went trollsubs > yasen > yasen > boss. About those, well, it felt like my second fleet moonwalked between the torpedoes. The two next yasen? They barely scratched my kanmusus, at one instance, they went through the three nodes UNSCRATCHED! And all of my boss kills were plucked away from the jaws of defeat. At one time, it was Yuubari who did the final double tap kill. She IS the last in the second fleet order. My heart felt like missing a beat.

Drops were Kumano, Amatsukaze, Kongou and Suzuya. Like yay I just completed the entire Mogami class.

Add those four boss kills to the two from yesterday, it makes... Three kills left?
Old 2014-08-26, 12:27   Link #4649
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Sheba: Give or take. The last kill is a doozy though, as Yorktown-chan's Airpower score jumps up to the 240s, AND if your level is high enough she gets Wos with Hellcats.

SigUp: Even then you adapted your fleet to what the event required, rather than just, you know, whine about it (like the majority of posters at the wiki). Leveled up some ships, constructed equipment on the side, etc., and what's more, persevered despite the really really cheap stuff put by the devs in the AL portion (meaning the Wos and the trollsub that certainly DON'T play by your rules).
Old 2014-08-26, 14:48   Link #4650
KBTKaiser

E-3 cleared...and my bauxite is bottomed out. Goodbye Tokitsukaze, goodbye Unryuu...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 16:19   Link #4651
Kakurin
大佐

Damn, E5 is a bucket eater for me right now. Not counting the 9 damaged ships from the latest successful run I have used up 20 buckets for 5 or 6 sorties. Total right now, reached the boss 3 times, sank her twice, once only heavily damage. 54 buckets left, it's going to be very close.
Old 2014-08-26, 17:41   Link #4652
Nemesis

Quote:
*Shrug* While that may be the truth,but *sigh*.....lets just say not everyone can do so.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 18:36   Link #4653
Cyprene

I've had awful, awful drops from E-3. Beyond the Taigei, who actually justified the entire event on her own. And a Tanikaze, who I understand is extremely rare but who mostly makes me worry that somebody will look over my shoulder as I play.
I'm sad because I didn't get Akitsumaru or Akigumo, but they're not exactly that hard to find.

I'm down to 600 fuel and 14 buckets, so the event is pretty close to over for me. I've decided my next goal is going to be Bismarck, because I've got a German buddy who's getting into KanColle. He links me pictures of her all the time. I've got about a full week's worth of expeditions to get before I can even start on it...
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 18:37   Link #4654
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

That said, E-3's S-Rank drops are truly utter bunk. I can understand carriers, but Nagara? Tone and Chikuma? What the heck?

Kind of tempted to just go back to E-4 tomorrow and just try to get Mikuma rather than waste my time at E-3 trying for Taigei...
The good thing about E3 is that you can get to the boss node almost every time. If we need AA rating fodders, then hitting up E3 is the best choice out of all MI maps.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 01:49   Link #4655
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
E-3 cleared...and my bauxite is bottomed out. Goodbye Tokitsukaze, goodbye Unryuu...
How much bauxite do you have left?
E-4's bauxite consumption is lesser than E-3 so you might still be able to make it
Old 2014-08-27, 02:03   Link #4656
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
How much bauxite do you have left?
E-4's bauxite consumption is lesser than E-3 so you might still be able to make it
This. Don't give up, farm Bauxite like there's no tomorrow.

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2014-08-27, 02:51   Link #4657
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

It's official: I fucking hate that little bitch. I don't give a damn if the MP throw me in jail, Imma shove those Type 3 up her arse if I could. (YES, I'M STILL STUCK ON E-2. DAMN THAT LOLI)
Old 2014-08-27, 03:01   Link #4658
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
It's official: I fucking hate that little bitch. I don't give a damn if the MP throw me in jail, Imma shove those Type 3 up her arse if I could. (YES, I'M STILL STUCK ON E-2. DAMN THAT LOLI)
Two Type 3 Ammo? And boss support fleet with 2 BB, 2 DD, 2 CV/CVL each having a radar?

Are you using the 2 DD, 2 CA, 2 CVL?

How much hp did you get her down to?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2014-08-27 at 03:52.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 04:53   Link #4659
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Two Type 3 Ammo? And boss support fleet with 2 BB, 2 DD, 2 CV/CVL each having a radar?

Are you using the 2 DD, 2 CA, 2 CVL?

How much hp did you get her down to?
Only 1 Type 3. yes yo both comp though the NLT radar I got I placed it on Junyou.

Hp? at one point she only got 22 HP left.22
Old 2014-08-27, 05:23   Link #4660
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Only 1 Type 3. yes yo both comp though the NLT radar I got I placed it on Junyou.

Hp? at one point she only got 22 HP left.22
Get the number of Sanshikidan up to 2. Now.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls