AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-04-07, 12:04   Link #4701
DragonOsman
Dragon King

My inability to understand jokes must be working again because I didn't understand that. Could you explain it to me (although that would completely eliminate the point of it being a joke in the first place).
Old 2016-04-07, 12:13   Link #4702
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
My inability to understand jokes must be working again because I didn't understand that. Could you explain it to me (although that would completely eliminate the point of it being a joke in the first place).
"Older than 12"

You get the joke now?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 12:47   Link #4703
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I did get that it's that, but that's the reason why I don't get it. I said it should be a girl older than 12, so he said it could be 18+ which is the age for Hentai-reading-legal age people, right? That's part of the joke?

Anyway, we should get back to strictly talking about UQ Holder.
Old 2016-04-07, 13:42   Link #4704
cyberdemon

Quote:
From some of the things said in this series and from Asuna's reaction to when Negi told her who it is he loves (she said something like, "Oh, her? Yeah, you two totally fit each other!"), I think the one he loves is Eva. Who better to say something about them like what Asuna said than two immortals? They really do fit each other, wouldn't you say? The only problem is that Eva also loves Touta, and when she met Nagi and Negi, she was seeing Touta in them. To her, their first meeting was the one we saw in the Rift at Dana's place, meaning they actually met long before her first time meeting Nagi.
Except that Asuna also pointed out that it was someone she never thought of. This basically eliminates all the obvious ones. Eva would be one of those types who would be deemed obvious since Negi spends a lot of time with her. Negi and Eva have contrasting personalities and Asuna pointed out that the one Negi likes is actually very similar to him personality wise.
Old 2016-04-07, 14:29   Link #4705
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So who could it be, then? We should make a list of the most unexpected girls out of all of them from Negi's class and try discussing who it could've been. I hope the manga gives us answer, though.
Old 2016-04-07, 15:29   Link #4706
cyberdemon

Quote:
So who could it be, then? We should make a list of the most unexpected girls out of all of them from Negi's class and try discussing who it could've been. I hope the manga gives us answer, though.
Honestly Konoka does fit the bill. Her and Negi are the most alike personality wise. Focus isn't as focused on their relationship as it is focused on Konoka and Setsuna so it would be less obvious for Negi to like her over the other girls that fawn all over him. However she is part of an old family and there would be pressure on her to marry and have kids quickly. Konoka I always felt shouldn't get caught up in labels like Gay or Straight though. She's a true lover of all lol. So even if she married Negi she would still be highly affectionate with Setsuna nor would Negi be the type to be concerned about it or stop her (who knows, maybe they had some threesome fun with each other lol). Negi definitely married at some point. It's doubtful that he would randomly find out that he is sterile unless he was actively trying to have children at some point.
Old 2016-04-07, 15:53   Link #4707
Homura7

There's only one thing I know for certain: the day Akamatsu reveals who Negi married to, there will be riots.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 16:05   Link #4708
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
There's only one thing I know for certain: the day Akamatsu reveals who Negi married to, there will be riots.
probably not that bad. It isn't like the end to Naruto lol
Old 2016-04-07, 16:17   Link #4709
DragonOsman
Dragon King

NaruHina was a great ending on the romance front in the Naruto series, though. I don't care what anyone says.

Anyway, I guess Negi x Konoka is fine, too. It's just that the Touta's name shouldn't be used as proof.
Old 2016-04-07, 18:45   Link #4710
cyberdemon

Quote:
NaruHina was a great ending on the romance front in the Naruto series, though. I don't care what anyone says.

Anyway, I guess Negi x Konoka is fine, too. It's just that the Touta's name shouldn't be used as proof.
I agree, I enjoyed that ending. There was just a shitstorm of people complained about it lol. Though they complained that it had "Nothing to do with the pairing"... they weren't fooling anyone lol

There isn't very many other reason Touta could have the name though.
Old 2016-04-07, 18:53   Link #4711
DragonOsman
Dragon King

On Touta's name: I'm just saying that Negi is Touta's grandfather. And as such, just because Negi married someone of the Konoe family, it doesn't necessarily have to mean that his grandson will also get the Konoe name. If the people who created Touta and/or the ones who raised him just arbitrarily (or some other way, even) decided to give him that name, that's one thing.

On the ending in Naruto: even if Sakura had managed to move on from Sasuke and go with Naruto instead, I would've still been fine with it. But NaruHina is great, too, since Hinata had always loved Naruto. I feel happy for her. And besides, if Sakura had decided to go with Naruto instead of Sasuke, Sarada wouldn't have been born (I don't really mind that much either way, but I'm just saying).
Old 2016-04-08, 11:19   Link #4712
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Oddly it feels similar to Yamada and the Seven Wenches. I mean activating a power through kissing and such. Perhaps when he kisses someone, he copies a portion of their immortal nature. With Kirie it's time and with Yukihime, nothing happened because they already share their nature as immortal vampires that use ME. So yea that's just what i'm thinking over lunch on these eventful days.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 15:50   Link #4713
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
I don't know about that, considering how:

1. The bigger riots have already happened when Negima ended (i.e. the manga suggesting the Negi doesn't end up with either one of the three main candidates AKA Asuna, Nodoka, and Yue);

2. UQ Holder is very much set in a different timeline than the main Negima timeline;

3. Some Negima fans prefer not to consider parts of the story to be "canon" after a certain point (be it after the third-to-last chapter or the after the "Magic World" arc).
Old 2016-04-08, 17:48   Link #4714
DragonOsman
Dragon King

In the Negima manga, we already saw two alternate timelines. One being the main timeline and the other being the one Asuna originally woke up in where Negi's was already dead. I only see the part about being dead as not being canon because that was in an alternate timeline. I don't agree with the people who don't think of anything else as canon.

@Panda: I haven't read that series. But either way, I'm still not sure about the theory. It does seem plausible, but thinking more deeply about it might reveal holes (keyword: "might").
Old 2016-04-08, 17:49   Link #4715
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

It's a shame. I was always rooting for Nodoka... it seemed like she deserved it the most.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 18:33   Link #4716
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And of those girls, Asuna was the unlikeliest given her relationship with Negi. After all, she's Arika's sister. Arika was Negi's mother -> Asuna = Negi's aunt.

Speaking of that, though, I wonder if Touta knows? I don't think even knows how he really got the Magic Cancel ability. I also wonder if he knows that he's technically a descendant of the Mage of the Beginning, since the whole royal bloodline of the Magic World are descendants of the Mage of the Beginning.

In the Negima manga, we saw a statue of another ancestor of the royal bloodline, right? Who was that? Anyone remember? I think I'm forgetting something important.
Old 2016-04-09, 00:04   Link #4717
Superbia

Quote:
In the Negima manga, we saw a statue of another ancestor of the royal bloodline, right? Who was that? Anyone remember? I think I'm forgetting something important.
You're probably remembering Amateru. I think was supposedly the Lifemaker's daughter, origin of the royal family, and the one the pactio system got based on.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 01:05   Link #4718
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
In the Negima manga, we already saw two alternate timelines. One being the main timeline and the other being the one Asuna originally woke up in where Negi's was already dead. I only see the part about being dead as not being canon because that was in an alternate timeline. I don't agree with the people who don't think of anything else as canon.

@Panda: I haven't read that series. But either way, I'm still not sure about the theory. It does seem plausible, but thinking more deeply about it might reveal holes (keyword: "might").
That's not how canon works. If it's in Negima, it's canon. If it's in UQ Holder, it's canon. The various anime adaptations are not canon with the manga, although they do have their own canon(s). Different timelines are immaterial. Since the Negiverse is alternate timeline friendly, canon covers the entire multiverse of timelines in the mangas. Even wiped out timelines like the Mahora Festival "Chao Wins" timeline and Kirië's various "failed saves" are canon, insofar as they did exist, and they still have effects on the intact timelines.
Old 2016-04-09, 05:01   Link #4719
Twi

What I dislike is so few of the cast survived these 80 or so years. I mean, the mages in the class should still be around and kicking, right?
Old 2016-04-09, 05:08   Link #4720
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
What I dislike is so few of the cast survived these 80 or so years. I mean, the mages in the class should still be around and kicking, right?
then you would like 119, while they are not returning, but at least Ken is throwing us some bones to chew on.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love