AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-02, 23:40   Link #4701
Avvesione

It does seem hard to defend against Aruka's fragment, her controlling molecular motions. I'm guessing the best way to fight against her is to overload her with offensive ranged attacks. Forth Wave, Psychokinesis come to mind almost immediately as the most effective, but I doubt Blade would have either of those by the time they fight again. The next best idea would be to combine Power and Speed and just throw things at her but I doubt that'd make a very effective fighting method, especially since she'd be likely to evaporate most objects.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 01:05   Link #4702
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Since I'm not sure on what precisely Bionic Compressor does (can you tell I need to read the scanlations? :P), here's an idea on how to beat Aruka, though I'm wondering if Bionic compressor does this: simply create a vacuum around her. Of course, not only would this mean lack of molecules, it would probably also spell her death pretty fast as well

and the gentle hand... well, I'm trying to rack my brains for what I know about the left hand, but all that's coming up so far is that it's the hand that's mostly closely connected to the heart

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 03:12   Link #4703
Avvesione

Bionic Compressor is Rin's fragment which changes air pressure. With her fragment, I think it'd be very difficult to create a vacuum since she mainly uses her fragment to increase pressure and not decrease it.

And when I was thinking about left/right hand, I wasn't thinking of something like that but that might make sense. I was just noticing details that may be significant.
Old 2010-07-03, 03:53   Link #4704
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

After burning through scanlations through the St Rose Arc (damn, that was awesome! Cruz could easily be a General out on a battlefield) and learning about Bionic Compressor... yeah, that only seems to increase air pressure, not actually take any away... I guess in order to beat a molecular level fragment you need another molecular level one

also, looking through the scanlations... it seems that the left hand, except in a few spots, is always the one that's out before something is stopped, whether or not the person sticking it out actually stopped said something

Old 2010-07-03, 06:48   Link #4705
Sekirei07

I just realized something this morning about what Saten said about Arclight's Eden Seed attack.

If they knew that it was a none lethal attack against Needless, than Aruka knows, so in her mind it was like this:

If Cruz is dead > he was just a human and had no worth

If Cruz is alive > than he has become a Needless and has potential on same level as me because siblings

That better explains her reaction when she saw Cruz and the reason she actually let him go. To get him to grow in power.

But back to Arclight, why the HELL did he use an attack that can't kill Needless when all his opponents WERE Needless? I mean if Cruz does in fact kill him it will all be because of Arclight himself lol...

I also wonder, maybe it was the Eden Seed release that also gave Blade Kandata String's back. Since the attack creates Needless and awakens the brain, it may have re-awaken his old powers.
Old 2010-07-03, 07:09   Link #4706
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
what i wonder about regarding Aruka is her Zealous conviction from the anime vs her...i dunno what conviction in the manga.

It might explain a lot either way.

You see if shes as Zealous as in the anime she might do it all for God. So she might try to convince her brother to fight for the good cause as in (2nd/God).

If not she might try to convince her brother of becoming a ruling due, her reason for being with Simeon is power in that case.

Another option might be that she actualy does care for Cruz. She couldnt kill him back then, and now that she recognizes her brother isnt as useless as she thought she might sideways give him some help where she can without being caught.

But back to the religious/zealous cause, she did get stopped by something she somehow recognized. Also in the manga we see her pray to God and explain Cruz about the 2nd even if it was briefly. I still dont realy get why she would drop her brother like a rock when she took care of him for so long (even prior to the resistance dont forget that).

Now to where it is now, its more or less confirmed he must be Needless or at least gained Doppelganger? but then Eve gave it away to Cruz? Yet she fought after healing/patching up Cruz. So she still had Doppelganger.

Now the eden seed, it kills w/e the virus gets to, so regular humans die easy. Needless stand a chance. (thinking of Gido being wasted atm). Cruz survived. Mio saw 2 gentle hands w/e she means by that. Aruka was stopped during her attack on him. This all isnt contributed to Doppelganger. So something else did that.
So what if some unknown Needless power is used by Cruz without him being aware. So as long as others protect him it wont show, or whenever someone he thinks wont attack him (his sister) he lets his natural guard down. He lost his arm there. The second time he did know she would kill him. So his natural protection kicked in and he stopped her. Also during the blast again he saved himself due to this power. Mio might have seen it.

Then there are 2 instances in wich a regular human wont stand a chance, and the blast Saten and the old geezer talk about.

first Cruz hangs from Mios panties and in his other (busted arm) he holds Eve, she weighs more then he does (shes bigger) and he manages to pull her up... how that works?

second his fall to St. Rose he leaves a huge crater and doesnt even have a scratch... and that cliff looks massive.

third saten and the old fart talk about the blast and virus how it destroys everything thats just human.

So Cruz is Needless but his power? Or powers?
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 07:40   Link #4707
Sekirei07

Also we need to take into consideration Cruz "fusing" with Blade's memories

I believe Cruz explained because of his own weakness was the cause of Aruka giving up on him. She was tired of always sacrificing herself for him. Thats why Cruz does not blame her for her betrayal because he thinks its his own fault
Old 2010-07-03, 09:53   Link #4708
Homura7

So the Apple of Eden (not Seed) is really the toxin that created needless. Apple, also known as "Eden cells".

The Doppelganger transforms the cells and heals any wound. But when Eve healed Cruz she did more than just that, she repaired his damaged cells, wich were probably replaced by her Eden cells.

So this would mean that now Cruz's dna is the same as Eve's.

Whatever is, we all agree on something: Cruz is no longer human but needless.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 13:14   Link #4709
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

My personal version of that- even though we don't know much about siblings, considering that Aruka and Cruz are the only true siblings we've come across (as clones don't count, in the case of the Adams), I believe that because Aruka was already a Needless that Cruz carried the potential to be a Needless... it wasn't until Doppelganger was used on him that the potential started waking up

and two hands? Mio only mentioned one hand, which it that glowing hand we see a couple times

Old 2010-07-03, 13:58   Link #4710
Sekirei07

Getting back to Eve, I wonder now about her condition

Eden Seed is a toxin that is deadly to normal human's. But Eve is not a normal human. But maybe her body is that of a normal person and her brain is only Needless...

But than.... hmmm this is perplexing....
Old 2010-07-03, 14:11   Link #4711
Avvesione

^
I guess we'll find out more on Eve's melting condition in the next few chapters. One thing that I'm confused is about Doppelganger itself. If Doppelganger isn't a fragment but rather an attribute of Eden Cells, then shouldn't all Needless (if all Needless do have Eden Cells) then have Doppelganger? There's got to be some secret on why only two people have Doppelganger that makes it special and unique.
Old 2010-07-03, 15:16   Link #4712
Homura7

In the latest raw we found Eve melted and only her brains was left. Why the brains only? Perhaps because at that time Eve's body was human?

Something tells me the reason she was affected by the virus is probably because she gave most of her Eden cells to Cruz.

There's no other explanation, because Blade, Set and Solva and probably Teruyama too came unaffected, and same goes for Mio, Setsuna and Kuchinashi who where there too.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-03 at 15:34.
Old 2010-07-03, 16:18   Link #4713
Sekirei07

Well the Brain is composed mostly of fat so maybe fat doesnt melt? >.>

It seems that her nerve system also did not melt as well
Old 2010-07-03, 16:46   Link #4714
Homura7

This would be put in the following way:

Human with the Eden Apple aka Eden cells-> Needless

Lacking the apple -> Human

So if the Eden Seed release kills normal humans instantly, wouldn't that mean that Eve almost lost her needless condition? And I say almost because it took an entire week before her body began to melt.

And on top of that, Saten knew this would happen, because it was him who allowed Eve to heal Cruz.

The more I think, the more sure I'm that Eve's current condition was because she almost gave Cruz her life.

I dunno, but I don't find another explanation to why only she was affected by the virus.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-03 at 17:16.
Old 2010-07-03, 21:37   Link #4715
Sekirei07

its also quiet possible that Saten is lying his ass off. Considering Eve has suffered this condition before without the Eden Seed release...
Old 2010-07-04, 02:37   Link #4716
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Did Cruz also get hit by "Eden's Seed"?

His molecular structure may be changing if so....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 03:25   Link #4717
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Getting back to Eve, I wonder now about her condition

Eden Seed is a toxin that is deadly to normal human's. But Eve is not a normal human. But maybe her body is that of a normal person and her brain is only Needless...

But than.... hmmm this is perplexing....
That's what I thought too at first, but then I was wondering how she could shapeshift her body and not other things. So maybe only the things her nervous system is in contact with can be changed......but she can also shapeshift clothes or even a little crucifix. So would that mean the clothes and accesories are still part of her body? If not she should be able to transform whatever she can find lying on the ground but we haven't seen her do that. This means it shouldn't matter for blade to have his body made out of a hundreds of other parts as long as it's connected to his nerves. Unless the inorganic parts of Blade(not connected to the nerve system)are messing up his ability to use doppelganger. And we already know his skeleton is reinforced with inorganic matter(can't remember the name of the stuff).

BUUUTTT, hair and fingernails aren't connected to nerve endings and Eve has never had trouble shapeshifting those.

For a real answer we'll have to wait a few chapters, but my money is on the brain is needless and body is human theory or something like that.

Oh and something else which isn't really important but just something which I noticed. Eve is always wearing a piece of cloth over her lover body connected by two big white rings. The latest raws show Blade with a big white ring connected to cloth on his chest. I wonder if we'll see Eve later on using Blades clothes to fashion herself a new outfit.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 07:32   Link #4718
Homura7

But Saten was there to check Eve's condition and the next day he came with the antidote, as if he already knew what was going to happen. He and Ishiyama must know something about her molecular structure that others don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Did Cruz also get hit by "Eden's Seed"?

His molecular structure may be changing if so....
No, Cruz surviving the Eden Seed release is proof he's not human anymore, because the virus is said to kill normal humans instantly, yet Cruz survived, and he later survived other situations that woud be fatal for a normal human.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-04 at 07:46.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:51   Link #4719
Avvesione

I wonder why Saten wanted Uten's blood and Kurumi's body. I doubt it's for his own devices or for Triple Six since he asked Setsuna to take Kurumi's body from Third Shelter. So that leaves Simeon wanting the blood and the body. The only thing I can think why he'd save those two's samples would be to use those materials for cloning. Or maybe if Kurumi's body had Eden Cells still in her? We still have yet to see the full purpose of the Needless Hunt.
Old 2010-07-04, 19:37   Link #4720
Sekirei07

Well Saten didnt say instant kill normal humans, but it seems that humans dont have the capability to handle the mutation properties that the virus has.

Hmm if Cruz IS changing on a cellular level. Than the possibility of him turning female cant be ruled out lol

Tags
action, comedy, seinen