AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-09, 22:27   Link #461
zato_1one

Just watched this series, it's better than I thought. I like the atmosphere and music very much. Kind of like Higurashi + Hell Girl. I didn't watch it at first because I mistook it as yaoi.
Old 2010-08-10, 07:57   Link #462
Dop
Mmmm....

Masao: "Oh great", I thought. "First he was just annoying, now he's going to be undead and annoying!"

Up to that point I had been expecting him to be the only survivor of his family because nobody would want a whiny vampire!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 09:24   Link #463
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Masao: "Oh great", I thought. "First he was just annoying, now he's going to be undead and annoying!"

Up to that point I had been expecting him to be the only survivor of his family because nobody would want a whiny vampire!
Couldn't care less about what happens to Masao. More concerned for all the people in his family and Tohru's family that might fall victim to his revenge if he goes on an emo trip after becoming a vampire

I mean, it sucks to die to a vampire as it is (I assume)...but it's really really got to suck to die to a loser like Masao :/ How could anyone live that down??
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:08   Link #464
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New scan~

I'm really liking vampire Megumi's look.
Old 2010-08-10, 12:09   Link #465
Halko
Golden Witch Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
New scan~

I really like this scan~ Thank you for posting it^^
Halko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:17   Link #466
Bern-san

Quote:
New scan~

just looking how she bites toru my only thought is... STAY AWAY FROM HIM YOU B*TCH!
Old 2010-08-10, 23:58   Link #467
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
New scan~

Umm? Megumi get a breast transplant?
But who cares about that... that...!
Tooruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 02:19   Link #468
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

It's a shame that the magazine didn't give Sunako any love. I'm more interested in her meeting Natsuno.
Old 2010-08-11, 03:21   Link #469
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Tooruuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!
Stupid magazine scan. ;______;
Old 2010-08-11, 13:08   Link #470
Sekishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Too bad in her current state she'd probably end up killing anyone who gets close . Do wonder what kind of state her mind is in though. Sure the Yuuki obsession is still there, but the whole killing anyone who gets close to Yuuki is new.
Well she got an upgrade from plain annoying stalker to vampire yandere - quite the lethal combination I'd say.
Sekishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 08:39   Link #471
PzIVf3

I though vampire never reflect mirrors.
Spoiler for Megumi:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 09:39   Link #472
Kakkou
Tch.

They're free to present their own interpretation of vampires, so not all of them need to have no reflection, which frankly has always been a rather stupid trait that I'd rather not see in vampire stories. Thought it's not as bad as glittering.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 11:54   Link #473
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Megumi:
But these are corpse demons and not vampires. Maybe they're a vampire variant and not a "true" vampire. Vampires are called something else in Japanese.
Old 2010-08-12, 13:24   Link #474
Horse

That last scene sure is getting my hopes up for this being the last episode of the pandemic theory for the doctor. I don't want any more...
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 13:44   Link #475
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Spoiler for Megumi:
As someone else said, they're not really vampires... Just "vampire-like" zombies, to put it bluntly. Shiki literally means corpse demon, and they decide to call themselves that because... that's what they are. If they were truly vampires, they would call themselves kyuuketsuki or "banpaiazu".
Old 2010-08-12, 14:03   Link #476
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
As someone else said, they're not really vampires... Just "vampire-like" zombies.... Shiki literally means corpse demon, and they decide to call themselves that because... that's what they are. If they were truly vampires, they would call themselves kyuuketsuki or "banpaiazu".
Moreover, many versions of the vampire story allow vampires to be reflected in mirrors. Wikipedia covers the territory very well, with its main entry, and especially with a table of vampire traits covering various versions of the vampire. Anne Rice, Anita Blake, and Let the Right One In all have vampires that reflect in mirrors.

Ep6 is another excellent one, for me. Mainly just the way they present things. Great storyboarding and direction. And I keep seeing more in and appreciating more details of the OP animation.
Spoiler for ep6:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:06   Link #477
v1cious

Episode 6 was pretty meh. The whole episode was just everybody coming to realize what all of us already know.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:36   Link #478
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I've often wondered why don't they just rob a blood bank. It's easier. It leaves the population alive and easier for you to blend in.

They have to move on after they decimate the town. No one will be left to feed on. No business for the area. The town will fall to ruin.
Actually no, "robbing" a blood bank is arguably not easy at all. A vampire would actually have to figure out the identity of the staff working in that kind of ward (which is very unlikely unless the group has one of them that conveniently belong to that staff).

Furthermore, blood transfusions are really secure and tracked to no end. It is tracked much more intensively than most of medecines you can get in a hospital (at least 3-4 kinds of identitifaction, based with code bars etc are used for -each- blood pack). So if there is a sudden disappearance of even a single pack, you bet the staff will have a much tighter security.

Unless there are some shaddy business behind, there is virtually no way to smuggle a large quantity of blood packs around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
One vampire story I read explained that it's the adreneline in the blood from the victim's fear that is really what the vampires crave, not just the blood itself. I'm not saying that's the case here, by the way.
Except that Vampires usually hunt their preys when they are asleep or unseen (since commotion would give away their identity and their presence would spell doom for their food stock haven).

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Episode 6 was pretty meh. The whole episode was just everybody coming to realize what all of us already know.
The whole episode is actually one of the best setup for a great shift of action that main characters will follow soon enough. It is actually very rare for a fiction like this to have a progressive but detailed -and- consistent development that allow the protagonist to figure what's going on and act against that, whereas it is usually plot devices that dictate how vampires are spotted in modern setup.
Old 2010-08-12, 14:36   Link #479
Blaat

Spoiler:
Old 2010-08-12, 14:39   Link #480
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yet another incredible episode.
Spoiler for Episode 06:

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
Personally i don't see how that's bad at all, i mean the story has been building that up for a few weeks now, and the impact of them finding out makes it all the more outstanding.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-08-12 at 16:46.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire