AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-21, 12:08   Link #461
Irenesharda

Finally got to see the end and it was wonderful send-off.

Loved the 7-year time skip and seeing how the kids are now and the fact that they all became charming adults and that most of them hooked up with each other.

The explanation about the strange history was kind of fast and not that realistic. Even after that much chaos and war, humans are still humans and conflict would arise in some other way. Also, it would just impossible to make much of that happen. You can't just say "religion is outlawed" and everybody will obey you. 100 years is a good amount of time but still seems rushed. And even with the government policing people, I can't see everybody agreeing not to say anything, even by mistake. It would have all come out somehow.

Liked how the kids came home and achieved their dreams. I loved how Kanata asked Charce for Aries hand in marriage since biologically he's her father.
Ulgar proves that there are no redeeming qualities in the originals and it's kind of cute that he and Luca got together.
I also love how all the kids do look like their originals, but have changes and tweaks that make them look original on their own.

A great ending to a great series all in all.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 16:10   Link #462
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The explanation about the strange history was kind of fast and not that realistic. Even after that much chaos and war, humans are still humans and conflict would arise in some other way. Also, it would just impossible to make much of that happen. You can't just say "religion is outlawed" and everybody will obey you. 100 years is a good amount of time but still seems rushed. And even with the government policing people, I can't see everybody agreeing not to say anything, even by mistake. It would have all come out somehow.
It's not even 100 years. Pretty much overnight, all the adults decided on one very elaborate set of lies to tell the children. And, uh, resolved all the disagreements that caused WW3 in the first place.

(Where do the 10 years old fit in that picture? They're not adults, but they're old enough to know what year it is. Or what the planet they were born on is named.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 20:29   Link #463
Irenesharda

Looking back over the show now, I was surprised that they kind of revealed that Earth was the first planet the kids came to, as in the OP, it's the first planet that's shown, followed by the others the kids visit on their journey. A pretty cool spoiler stuck in plain sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not even 100 years. Pretty much overnight, all the adults decided on one very elaborate set of lies to tell the children. And, uh, resolved all the disagreements that caused WW3 in the first place.

(Where do the 10 years old fit in that picture? They're not adults, but they're old enough to know what year it is. Or what the planet they were born on is named.)
Yeah, I didn't even think about the kids and teens that would have participated in the migration. They said the war that destroyed a good chunk of humanity took only two months. While definitely long enough to cause that kind of devastation, I think it would take a whole lot longer for everyone to decide to give up their countries (those that remained anyway) their national and cultural identities, their religions and values, in the short 4 years it took to finally do the migration. Even with that much devistation. I can't see that happening.

Then to make everyone have a common language, to have 100% cooperation for this cover up? I can't see adults truly accomplishing this, and it would have been just impossible with kids. Some older teens maybe, but preteens and adolescents, it would have gotten out eventually.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-01, 08:40   Link #464
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Finally watched the finale. It was really good but I do have to admit that it went a lot more smoothly than I would have thought possible. And the whole "our ancestors kept it a huge secret" was definitely hard to imagine.

Still it was great seeing how the crew turned out. Glad that Kanata and Aries actually got together in the end too.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, spaceship, travel