Singlehandedly Turning the Tide:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 12:58   Link #4882
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Took advantage of the UK sale to get the AT-8... Boy does it start with a sucky gun for its tier. I'm going to have to sit on this for a while and get some free exp to get its better guns before I even try this thing out, sheesh.
Oh yes, the AT-8, I also got it from this week's sale. I'm still 10k away from getting the 77mm, and while I love how this thing can tank hits, I don't like how most enemies I face can tank MY hits too

The 75mm is also a freaking waste of exp, 4,000xp for a gun that's actually worse than the 6 pounder, and you have no choice in the matter because you need to in order to get the 77mm.

It's a good thing I know how awesome the AT-8 is once it's packing the 17 pounder, thus making this grind bearable.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:06   Link #4883
willx
Nyaaan~~

Okay guys, maybe clan wars isn't as tough as we all thought:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index...._fromsearch__1

ENJOY put 1 chip on vs. NAG throwing down 15 chips. 1 tank from ENJOY showed up. 3 from NAG showed up.

Images
Result:
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-09, 13:18   Link #4884
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

And he is using my favorite heavy. I am proud of him.

But a KV-5... ... W T F?

If we must work with limited resources, I suppose Tier 8s could be considered part of our CW arsenal.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:28   Link #4885
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

I wish I had the Type 59. i'm also sad to say i'm hating this credit grind for the Maus. I need the IS.... and Tiger II, i'm not gonna say my initials.... when are they gonna do the jap line, i need to finish my Oorarai collection.
Old 2013-04-09, 13:30   Link #4886
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I wish I had the Type 59. i'm also sad to say i'm hating this credit grind for the Maus. I need the IS.... and Tiger II, i'm not gonna say my initials.... when are they gonna do the jap line, i need to finish my Oorarai collection.
Japanese line in late 2013 / mid 2014
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:39   Link #4887
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I am interested in what they will do with the Type 61.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:40   Link #4888
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I see. Anyways Wil, i've grown to love the T71, although its not best to go out first to scout, if you want a better survival chance, I would say wait 3 mins into the game before actually going out, that way you know where the main forces are at, and you can take the route with less tanks to flank and kill arty if there is any (left), then use the spd to drive around in donuts or go in out of the cover from building to building like spiderman.

idk about the chaffee as a scout, but the T71 is epic with its autoloader.
Old 2013-04-09, 13:47   Link #4889
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I see. Anyways Wil, i've grown to love the T71, although its not best to go out first to scout, if you want a better survival chance, I would say wait 3 mins into the game before actually going out, that way you know where the main forces are at, and you can take the route with less tanks to flank and kill arty if there is any (left), then use the spd to drive around in donuts or go in out of the cover from building to building like spiderman.

idk about the chaffee as a scout, but the T71 is epic with its autoloader.
I love the T71, it actually has outrageous camo values in addition to the clip .. but trying to fire on the move with that thing..

I've been on quite a losing streak on it but I still think I'm around still around ~60% on it over >100 games. I was over 70% for the longest time .. it's an amazing vehicle.
Old 2013-04-09, 13:56   Link #4890
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I love the T71, it actually has outrageous camo values in addition to the clip .. but trying to fire on the move with that thing..

I've been on quite a losing streak on it but I still think I'm around still around ~60% on it over >100 games. I was over 70% for the longest time .. it's an amazing vehicle.
well i didn't go camo for the perks, but i do have clutch braking, prolly got sit aware or recon and something else on it. someone said to get 6th sense on it, but being a scout it will get annoying if it goes off all the time. ah yeah dead eye on the gunner, commander has sit aware, i'll get recon next, and clutch braking.

for the gunner's next per will be armorer, just in case gun gets broken. idk i can fire on the move wit it and still dmg my targets. but then i'm using the auto-aim feature that WoT has. so i'm basically driving around and clicking instead of breaking my arm to aim while driving and clicking.
Old 2013-04-09, 14:25   Link #4891
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

I'm probably going to work toward the T71 at some stage, I had my win rate up to 70% after about 200 odd games but after the 8.4 update it dropped down to 66% then I eventually sold it since it wasn't anywhere near as fun in tier V games.

=[

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 14:29   Link #4892
Pen3

If people think Lowe is to be played as Sniper only you have mistaken. That BT plat are 1800-2000 eff players.

Images
Images
Images

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-09 at 15:08.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 14:37   Link #4893
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm probably going to work toward the T71 at some stage
T71 is on my to-do list as well, along with British medium line and maybe French heavy line.

Any ETA when you'll have your internet restored?
Old 2013-04-09, 14:39   Link #4894
willx
Nyaaan~~

@Pen3 -- Interesting, I'd like to see the rest of the battle results and see which map it's on. If they're 1800-200 eff players they should be making absolute mincemeat out of everyone with the IS-6s. Unless you were tossing gold ammo at them, you shouldn't be able to pen them reliability from the front unless you were closer than 400m. In a close range brawl, they're much more maneuverable.

That said, Lowe's work surprisingly well in a facehug scenario cause many tanks aren't tall enough to aim their gun at it's copula. The problem is that unless you have a slope or some way to pick up speed any decent player will either 1) do significant damage to you, 2) in addition to #1 also take out your engine or 3) your large tracks will absorb the hit but still result in you being tracked in the open.

Basically the Lowe is a terrible terrible terrible brawler. Bad acceleration for peekaboo as well. Decent hulldown but melts due to arty splash. It's a tank that some of the best players on the server have rage sold due to it's lack of impact on game outcome due to it's inability to flex. That said, a good Lowe helped me achieve victory a few days ago, but that's because I was in an E-75 and everyone was shooting me while he did damage. The giant profile, low camo, low speed and low DPM means that another tank would have been able to do the same job though ..
Old 2013-04-09, 14:47   Link #4895
Pen3

Quote:
@Pen3 -- Interesting, I'd like to see the rest of the battle results and see which map it's on. If they're 1800-200 eff players they should be making absolute mincemeat out of everyone with the IS-6s. Unless you were tossing gold ammo at them, you shouldn't be able to pen them reliability from the front unless you were closer than 400m. In a close range brawl, they're much more maneuverable.

That said, Lowe's work surprisingly well in a facehug scenario cause many tanks aren't tall enough to aim their gun at it's copula. The problem is that unless you have a slope or some way to pick up speed any decent player will either 1) do significant damage to you, 2) in addition to #1 also take out your engine or 3) your large tracks will absorb the hit but still result in you being tracked in the open.

Basically the Lowe is a terrible terrible terrible brawler. Bad acceleration for peekaboo as well. Decent hulldown but melts due to arty splash. It's a tank that some of the best players on the server have rage sold due to it's lack of impact on game outcome due to it's inability to flex. That said, a good Lowe helped me achieve victory a few days ago, but that's because I was in an E-75 and everyone was shooting me while he did damage. The giant profile, low camo, low speed and low DPM means that another tank would have been able to do the same job though ..
ill upload the replay. No gold ammo used even though i do stock some on the Lowe. Just know where to shoot like that Tiger 2, JTig88, and Super.

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-04-09 at 15:02. Reason: Replay added
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 15:01   Link #4896
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I think the rant against the Lowe was from the introduction of the T34 (Better DPM, bouncinium Armor, acceptable acceleration). And the fact that the Lowe has a high prob of catching fire and because of it's VERY big weakspot in the front (Just shoot at the middle of the triangle and you will force a Lowe to back off). In my old KV back in 7.2 I killed lowes more than once aiming to the triangle armor in the front.

Also the huge tracks are an advantage on their own. More than once a lowe as absorbed a pretty sure killshot because he turned his tracks to me.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 15:03   Link #4897
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Hm, just so people don't get the wrong idea, I don't hate the Lowe. I own it as well and it's good for farming credits.. I just don't expect to get >55-60% win rates on it. I've had some very good games on it and some horribad ones as well, but it's just so pigeon holed into a specific niche..

Re: T71 - How timely! Here's someone that's unicum at T71! http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index...._fromsearch__1
Old 2013-04-09, 15:35   Link #4898
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
T71 is on my to-do list as well, along with British medium line and maybe French heavy line.

Any ETA when you'll have your internet restored?
I'm up to the Comet on the brit medium line but I haven't got enough creds to buy it yet, also hoping to progress further up the brit TD line as I only got as far as the AT-1 before my internet croaked.

Net wise hopefully Friday when they come and lay a fiber optic cable in my street =3

Do you still have a the 3601H ? would be a good tank to plat with I think.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 15:52   Link #4899
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm up to the Comet on the brit medium line but I haven't got enough creds to buy it yet, also hoping to progress further up the brit TD line as I only got as far as the AT-1 before my internet croaked.

Net wise hopefully Friday when they come and lay a fiber optic cable in my street =3

Do you still have a the 3601H ? would be a good tank to plat with I think.
Friday eh? Just in time for the hopefully awesome weekend bonuses. And I no longer have the 3601H, I'll have to use the KV-1S instead which is an awesome tank with a really long reload time.
Old 2013-04-09, 16:00   Link #4900
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Friday eh? Just in time for the hopefully awesome weekend bonuses. And I no longer have the 3601H, I'll have to use the KV-1S instead which is an awesome tank with a really long reload time.
not really, if compare it to the KV 2's 152, its nothing.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks