AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-13, 21:42   Link #481
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Think of it this way, what if Inuyasha ended with Inuyasha and Kikiyo getting married and Kagome going back home forever? That was shown but would probably be considered a 'bad ending'. (And PS, yes I know this is impossible but just consider it)
This was the ending I'd been hoping for all along, you know...

And I was surprised so many people were shocked by the ending. Nishino and Manaka have been practically going out for several volumes, it's not like he's going to suddenly turn around and go with Aya. THAT would have been the bad ending.
Old 2007-10-16, 22:19   Link #482
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznbanana View Post
Well.. just finished reading it and honestly, i hope there is some kind of continuation to this because it just felt like it didn't end properly with the loose ends on some of the characters. I sorta felt dissapointed at the timeskip before Tsukasa left because the author could've used that time to solidify the relationship between Manaka and Tsukasa without any interference. I was pretty dissapointed at how Manaka chose Nishino jsut because of a dumb misunderstanding. I mean, he didn't CHOOSE CHOOSE, he just eliminated the choice because of a misunderstanding. I'm honestly a Nishino fan because her personality was fun and she can cook Anyways, the ending just came way to suddenly and it lacked the build up a good ending should have. But this was an interesting nonetheless since he didn't take the most obvious female lead but the one who took advantage of her opportunites even though im not endorsing her choice lol.
hehe..told ya you'd like it!
Old 2007-11-12, 02:14   Link #483
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahdida View Post
yeah, thats one of the reason that pisses me off about the ending, she only made the ending to appeal to the audience, which basically the mangaka just whored out her story script for popularity. it was a good story too I also very agree with Mykas, i dont think the Nishi supporters will really care if it was Aya since thats how its suppose to go anyway.
I will mind.....
And maybe the writer wanted to make the reader thought it's Manaka and Aya, so she made it like that..... But from the beginning she wanted it to be Manaka and Tsukasa....

Why did almost everyone consider it as a bad ending?? I wouldn't read it anymore if it's not Manaka and Tsukasa.....
Besides, I just read the chapter where there's Tsukasa in it (cause I'm one of Nishino Tsukasa's fan), and the other chapters where there's no Tsukasa, I didnt really read it.....

Why is it Manaka and Tsukasa?
Maybe it's fate like what Manaka thought after Tsukasa's confession....
Old 2007-11-13, 18:47   Link #484
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Besides, I just read the chapter where there's Tsukasa in it (cause I'm one of Nishino Tsukasa's fan), and the other chapters where there's no Tsukasa, I didnt really read it.....

Why is it Manaka and Tsukasa?
Maybe it's fate like what Manaka thought after Tsukasa's confession....
You didn't read any of the non Nishino chapters? Wow that would ruin the first 5 or so...hehe

It was bad because it was rushed. Rushed endings don't make proper sense and the mangaka admitted she picked Nishino because of a 'poll'.

that's why it sucks.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2007-11-13, 20:53   Link #485
aikming

The author did not admit that she picked it because of a poll but most reader believes so.

If you read V19, the last volume, Kawashia had said that it was intended to be aya & manaka ending if the series stop at the junior high. But once they entered the middle high, kawashita has decided that the ending would be tsukasa & manaka.

whether you believes what she said is another matter, but kawashita did not admit that she picked tsukasa because of the poll ran by shueisha.
Old 2007-11-13, 22:44   Link #486
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
eh the history of junior high end in vol 2 or 3
Old 2007-11-17, 09:09   Link #487
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Well.... If it's Manaka and Toujou then this manga will be an easy predictable manga.....
So that's one of the reason why the author didnt choose Manaka with Toujou....
Old 2007-11-18, 02:49   Link #488
ironbomb

lol, i havent posted in this forum in a LONG time =P. Didnt think my first post in like 2 years would be about my favorite manga again lol.

Well I just finished rereading this manga ~5days ago. Gotta say im quiet surprised how hard this manga hit me even after reading it so many times. Neways back to the discussion you guys are talking about ^^.

If the ending WAS Aya x Manaka, I guarentee you ~50% of you Ichigo100% fans wouldnt have felt 1/2 as much as you feel when you first read the manga.
Reasons for my thinking is because that the ending was so unpredictable(well to some, including me) that it left us with a taste that we wont forget from this manga. Another is that because it didnt end up with "the female lead" so to speak. Not all stories are lovely-dovely like that. I think the mangaka was trying to present to the audience that the timing of your decisions matter just as much as the decisions you make. I mean look at it, Manaka could have told Toujou how he felt but was to timid to do so. Aya was shy to the core and couldn't even express her feelings unless its in her novel. Nishino on the other hand took matters into her hands and shown affection through more than just words/sex apeal. Satsuki was the 1 most compatible with him since he talk with her about anything but I dont think Manaka actually "love(d)" her. He might have LIKED but never actually loved her. He just didn't have the courage to truly break the bond they held together. She was more of a BFF *Satsuki*(lol had to use this, see it so often on tv commericals ^^) than a couple. Yui..well not really a strong relationship like the other 3. Kazue aka Toujou's wild side xD would have been a great mate for Manaka. But his heart was already full with enough problems/girls that it was too late for him to even consider another lol.

My thoughts of the manga and what coulda been done better...
1) I felt that the manga ended too abruptly like a few others. Nishino wasn't really properly concluded since we dont know of her accomplishments in france. All we know is that she returned and met up with Manaka.
2) There are a few more side characters that I felt needed a conclusion. Amachi, I felt played an important role in the manga and deserved a proper conclusion as well. Yui..wtf is up with that? She was disappeared lol? Where is her ending!?!? The only side character that had a proper ending was Sotomoru Misuzu which I felt she deserved ^^. Kozue also lacked an ending lol. She probably ended up with Migishiima(the guy with the scarr'd forehead) though =P.
3) The timeskips at the end of the manga which is related to the ending would be another complaint I have. The timeframe that went by was too much.

About who I can think of right now xD. Im sure most of these complaints/comments have already been made. But thats what I analyzed after rereading it. But for the record, this is my favorite manga of all. I read this manga more than any other and probably recall it more than another other. Thats probably one of the reason why I feel the need to express about it more.
Old 2007-11-20, 01:55   Link #489
ironbomb

btw, i wanted to know if anyone have read the two light novels of ichigo100%?
Old 2007-11-21, 00:46   Link #490
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
btw, i wanted to know if anyone have read the two light novels of ichigo100%?
I have never heard of this before... explain!
Old 2007-11-21, 00:55   Link #491
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
I have never heard of this before... explain!
I only found out about them recently myself. Im not sure what the two light novels include or about.

http://thestrawberries.khimhoe.net/pages/the-author.php

^ my only source...towards the middle of the page.. There are two novels that include(if my eyes arent wrong) the characters of ichigo100% and one of them even called : Ichigo 100% - My Sweet Memory of Ichigo.

Last edited by ironbomb; 2007-11-21 at 15:54.
Old 2007-11-21, 15:39   Link #492
EvaForever

Did Viz edit their version?
Old 2007-11-21, 15:54   Link #493
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaForever View Post
Did Viz edit their version?
Im not sure...I only read the scanlated version =X.
Old 2007-11-21, 23:25   Link #494
Eak
One angry cloud.

Although Ichigo 100% is over with a conclusive story.. I wonder if the mangaka has plans for another story with the same plot..

I guess something like that "sort" of determines on how successful this series is.
Old 2007-11-22, 00:04   Link #495
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Although Ichigo 100% is over with a conclusive story.. I wonder if the mangaka has plans for another story with the same plot..

I guess something like that "sort" of determines on how successful this series is.
Hatsukoi limited...
Old 2007-11-22, 00:23   Link #496
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Hatsukoi limited...
reading it and its a bit complex..too many relationships..first loves lol. And I wouldnt say in the same plot..but all the characters look IDENTICAL but its understandable considering its the same mangaka
Old 2007-11-22, 01:56   Link #497
Eak
One angry cloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Hatsukoi limited...
Ha. I didn't really enjoy that... than again I read that after Ichigo and had alot of pre-conceived notions about it's direction. Sadly, I was right. Haha
Old 2007-11-22, 10:36   Link #498
Fran~
floating away...

But HL is just started, 8 chapters until now... in fact, just now there is some development, previously was an introduction to the history.

But is kind of funny see "Aya"(Yamamoto) so cool and uber-sexy...
Old 2007-11-22, 15:13   Link #499
EvaForever

Thanks ironbomb.
Old 2007-11-23, 13:28   Link #500
ironbomb

So..anyone got any news of the novels?
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen