AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 07:33   Link #481
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Blewin: You mean Kuroyuri of the ambiguous gender? XD.

Finally watched episode 17! Episode 18 and 19 will be out later, hopefully.

Kid!Frau was soooooo cute! And so rebellious, XD. I liked his voice.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 10:02   Link #482
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I thought it's a flashback (thought pink haired guy is the pink haired guy with the braid, whatever his name is).
Yes, that occurred to me too - but it didn't quite add up that way, either.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 10:21   Link #483
coroloro

Whew... I tried to stick it out, after the first few episodes didn't grab me. I have known a few anime's that appeared dry, or just failing to get to an interesting point very quickly- but later turn out to be great. So I've held on... and on... and on. There have been some interesting peaks here and there, but all in all, it is meandering- at least Naruto and Bleach, anime's I both eventually "fell out" of after they fell into a meandering meaningless maze without end... they started OUT good, and gripping, and seeming to have a clear point. This one, however, has started OUT meandering with a vague point. You can almost tell it is going to go on and on, from the start- they plan it that way, apparently. Also, the overt homosexual overtones with almost every major character you get strongly attached to being male, with male-male connections... seem to pretty much alienate me as a heterosexual viewer. I am very open-minded and have enjoyed a huge variety of anime series, and I try out all the new ones each season as they come out- I am afraid that while I've stuck it out for this one, I'm going to have to give up and make time for giving some of the other's a longer chance.

So after nineteen episodes, having decided I still see no clear reason why I should be "gripped" and no clear immediate premise/conclusion, I officially have given up on this series. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 3... and the only reason I don't give it less, is because I HAVE seen just how awful anime can be out there, and there -are- worse ones around. I'm sure I will have some who adamently disagree with me, of course- but the thing about anime is that it is almost too big to be called a single "genre", with so many styles within it. But most people just don't give a single anime even a couple episodes of a change- I feel 19 chances, and still failing, is time to say "enough's enough". If the show ever turns out to be 'something'- well, they made a serious mistake early enough on that I'll not feel bad if I never find out.

-Coro

PS: I wanted to clarify, that I DO see the premise they are trying to create for the show, but it seems soooo drawn-out and elongated, and the way they are revealing just the "tip of the iceberg" after nineteen episodes... tells me that this anime is likely intended to put Naruto to shame (another 200-episode anime... and one that doesn't even grip me yet???!!!). There are anime's out there I'd LIKE to be 200 episodes one day- this is NOT one of them. It's like someone taking two hours to make a point they could easily have made in five minutes.

Last edited by coroloro; 2009-08-15 at 10:24. Reason: clarification
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 13:13   Link #484
LKK

@ coroloro: I applaud you for giving PH a serious try. No one can argue that by watching 19 episodes before quitting, you gave the series plenty of chances to please you. Not all shows are meant for all people though. That's just the way things go. I also applaud you for knowing when to stop. If a show fails to grab your attention after a reasonable tryout, I've always thought it made sense to direct your attention to something else that does.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 15:03   Link #485
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I thought it's a flashback (thought pink haired guy is the pink haired guy with the braid, whatever his name is).
Not a flashback in my view as I think the events were happening concurrently.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:05   Link #486
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
@ coroloro: I applaud you for giving PH a serious try. No one can argue that by watching 19 episodes before quitting, you gave the series plenty of chances to please you. Not all shows are meant for all people though. That's just the way things go. I also applaud you for knowing when to stop. If a show fails to grab your attention after a reasonable tryout, I've always thought it made sense to direct your attention to something else that does.
PH? Did someone post in the wrong thread?
I will admit that the anime seems slower paced than the manga and I will probably continue to just buy the manga and not the anime. But I usually like manga better than anime so that's not a real surprise here.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 16:49   Link #487
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
PH? Did someone post in the wrong thread?
Oops. Right thread, wrong abbreviation. I meant 07-Ghost, of course.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 17:50   Link #488
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee
@Blewin: Eh? The opening and ending singles have been out for a while =3.
really? I just automatically took him as a boy. All of the main characters here are guys anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coroloro View Post

So after nineteen episodes, having decided I still see no clear reason why I should be "gripped" and no clear immediate premise/conclusion, I officially have given up on this series.
Although I'm a 07-Ghost fan, I gotta agree with you. I can't be sure whether I'd have stuck with the anime if I haven't read the manga. Manga is 100x better. I think the freeze frame and slow pace suit manga better. In the anime, everything just drags. As you said, the anime's only touching "the tip of an iceberg". The story gets so so so so much better and I lament the fact that it won't be animated.....

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 19:48   Link #489
Arturia Pendragon

I had already downloaded all the episodes which were released hoping it would pick up sooner rather than later, thought it seems that the "later" will never come. Ended up deleting everything and dropping the show completely as some of you have.
I guess they are trying to stretch the story so not to quickly catch up with the manga however it only ended up making it boring and tedious to watch... honestly i never fastforward an episode... 07-ghost anime has been the first show i actually do fastforwarding.
I decided on taking up other anime instead. I sure hope that just as hellsing and FMA, some other studio takes interest in the manga (when it is completed/ nearly completed) so to make a better anime adaptation.
Arturia Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 07:57   Link #490
Jerseykid

Spoiler for episode 20:
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 15:46   Link #491
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Spoiler for Ayanami:
Old 2009-08-19, 16:14   Link #492
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Spoiler for episode 20:

I think it's getting a little interesting....I don't understand why some of you are dropping it.

Oh well, to each his own. Though I'm wondering if there'll be a second season seeing as there is no way they could squeeze the exam and the build-up to going on that journey all in 5/6 episodes.

However, i do entertain the thought that an interesting place to end the season would be right as Teito and Frau go off on that journey and then a second season can start with them on the journey. I want to see Capella animated so badly.
Old 2009-08-19, 21:35   Link #493
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Lol, I was wondering how many HakuraxTetio fans would be happy with this episode.
And in response to Germania:
Spoiler for eye:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 00:45   Link #494
projectsoul

must see more destruction soon and these episodes are taking a long time now to sub in my opinon
projectsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 03:47   Link #495
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post

However, i do entertain the thought that an interesting place to end the season would be right as Teito and Frau go off on that journey and then a second season can start with them on the journey. I want to see Capella animated so badly.
I concur! That'd be the best place to end the series without ruining it and leaving enough open for a second season.

Spoiler for the Eye:

Absolutely love the insert song in ep 20! and I also agree with everyone here that this is the best episode ever. Now I'm really looking forward to the exam. A crucial part of the story that is also very entertaining and emotional.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-08-20, 13:18   Link #496
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@blewin: Exactly! I really hope that's what they decide to do. I mean, they still have a ton of manga material they can animate. I guess this is their way of not catching up to the manga, lol.

And I liked the insert song too. It was really pretty....*__*
Old 2009-08-21, 04:03   Link #497
blewin

Quote:
@blewin: Exactly! I really hope that's what they decide to do. I mean, they still have a ton of manga material they can animate. I guess this is their way of not catching up to the manga, lol.

And I liked the insert song too. It was really pretty....*__*
yeah, I hope so. I can't see how they could wrap things up with only 6 episodes remaining... though they did reveal the villain being the guy in Teito's flashback (little Teito wearing a bloodstained robe). After so many episodes, I'd say episode 20 is the turning point of the story. I'm kind of sad that the anime will be ending so soon....

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-08-22, 19:43   Link #498
LeLetch
-of the 'Epic Tile Slam'

Location: Canada, it's summer, but the igloo is holding up well now that we have an airconditioner.
Quote:
[SPOILER="episode 20"]
I think it's getting a little interesting....I don't understand why some of you are dropping it.
The BL is getting less underhanded and more difficult to ignor. Or maybe it's teito's whining.

Personally i like the art :P

It just bother me when a big spaceship flies in tries the kidnap the main character and i phase out thinking oooo pretty pictures....

Still to early for ayanami's evil appearance i think *nod*
LeLetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 21:44   Link #499
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Le: The BL should have nothing to do with whether or not someone drops the series. I knew this was BL from the first chapter of the manga (underhanded hints or not). If people drop it because of the BL then clearly they weren't paying any attention to the actual story of the series >___>.

But I agree with you, the art is gorgeous. That happens to me sometimes, too. Especially when there are shots of Teito's eyes. He has such damn pretty eyes....
Old 2009-08-23, 00:18   Link #500
akire_and_atem

in my case, since I don't adore BL, I just imagine Teito's a girl... doing this works for me (to a certain point lol). But yeah some parts just make me go "kyaaaa" XD
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy