AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-27, 17:03   Link #5041
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
Well to be fair how else are you gonna take on a berserk Mikoto other than using Touma.
I am sure there are better ways to show off her skills, than to fire everything she has against an invincible character, without it really being able to do anything.
It would be no different if she kept attacking Windowless Building instead of Touma.
That's why I hoped for Gensei, Exterior-Burst, Accelerator, or even Gunha joining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Besides, she wouldn't want them seeing her like that. More trust in Touma on that end. The character interaction will be what's most important here and Touma & Mikoto provide that good stuff.
And that's exactly the problem, at this rate they (her other friends besides Touma) are never going to be involved, because SHE DOES NOT WANT THEM TO BE INVOLVED.
Old 2013-08-27, 17:30   Link #5042
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post

Images
Punching time
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I kinda like the JACKET touma wearing instead of the daihaseisai UNIFORM he wearing underneath. Kinda have a fetish of Good Guys wearing Awesome Jackets and Cloaks

(Example: Dante, Nero, and Vergil)

PS: zaeraal, how long the chapter? 22pg?

Because if it is, man that a short chapter for a monthly manga, and i compare the work to the early days, it kinda of downgraded for quality (which i dont mind because current art style is good. But man is it really that difficult for more pages above 20?
Old 2013-08-27, 17:42   Link #5043
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
And that's exactly the problem, at this rate they (her other friends besides Touma) are never going to be involved, because SHE DOES NOT WANT THEM TO BE INVOLVED.
That's who she is though. You can't really change that so suddenly.

But I'm not going into the Touma & Mikoto debate again. I enjoy what they're doing here and glad he has made it so I'll stick with that.
Old 2013-08-27, 17:44   Link #5044
Kon the Magnificent

Spoiler for spoiler:

I don't know. I think we'll see something of worth this coming chapter. A berserk Mikoto Misaka is always a plus in my book
Old 2013-08-27, 18:59   Link #5045
mark1246

So read the chinese Raw......it was interesting chapter....then i recounted the pages i read because it felt like I blast through the chapter.

And what you know, i was soooo bloody close, it bloody 25pg only, jeez it only 5 extra page from a weekly manga and some of those pages are BLACK background! i I KNOW IT HARD DRAWING MANGA, but if you have 4 1/2 of Black background, i think you could of added extra pages then ending with Kuroko joining the Fight with Misaki.

It a personal nickpick for me, but like the chapter. NOW I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE MONTH for the next chapter or 2 month depending if the whole next chapter is just a focus fight with Kuroko & misaki Vs Mitori, which i don't mind so that we can focus with touma & Misaka in the following chapter
Old 2013-08-27, 19:10   Link #5046
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
I am sure there are better ways to show off her skills, than to fire everything she has against an invincible character, without it really being able to do anything.
It would be no different if she kept attacking Windowless Building instead of Touma.
That's why I hoped for Gensei, Exterior-Burst, Accelerator, or even Gunha joining.
Accelerator or Gunha joining would just be strange since they would literally be appearing out of nowhere with no prior involvement in the plot and I fail to see how her fighting Accelerator(and maybe Gunha) wouldn't end with her firing everything she has against an invincible character. Gensei I'm sure would have countermeasures so Mikoto wouldn't be able to attack him and I'm not sure what you mean by Exterior-Burst.
Old 2013-08-27, 19:34   Link #5047
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
Accelerator or Gunha joining would just be strange since they would literally be appearing out of nowhere with no prior involvement in the plot and I fail to see how her fighting Accelerator(and maybe Gunha) wouldn't end with her firing everything she has against an invincible character. Gensei I'm sure would have countermeasures so Mikoto wouldn't be able to attack him and I'm not sure what you mean by Exterior-Burst.
Lol Touma "invincible" Accelerator is the same and so is any other level 5. Gensei was never going to go to the front of the battle anyway. And yeah, Gunha hasn't been directly involved in these events, Accelerator is extremely awkward due to a number of circumstances. Only Touma fits.
Old 2013-08-27, 19:44   Link #5048
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
So pretty much nothing unexpected happened and the worst case scenario of Touma handling Mikoto came true.
I just hope he isn't going to take another year punching her in the face..
Why is it a bad thing to you? Do you have any idea that anyone other than Touma would make things even weirder?

But don't worry, I'm pretty sure that he won't think that she deserves a punch in the face.
Old 2013-08-27, 20:33   Link #5049
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

People seem to forget the plot > action scenes.
Old 2013-08-27, 21:58   Link #5050
Shinhwa
Banned

Well this sucks.

It really was 25 pages which was really disappointing .

And it seems Mitori got access to Mental Out too and is now controlling Mikoto with it, where she made her attack Aleister's Windowless building, which of course had no effect.

Also the fact Mikoto's full clear form isn't shown properly either =A=

It's all in bright tone =w=;

Although that may have been on purpose.
Old 2013-08-27, 22:17   Link #5051
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Well this sucks.

And it seems Mitori got access to Mental Out too and is now controlling Mikoto with it, where she made her attack Aleister's Windowless building, which of course had no effect.

I'm guessing next month is going to be spectacular. Anyway, last chapter came out after 2 months because of the 1 month hiatus, so they had more time to make it amazing.

Um... so... did I miss something or did Mitori just tell Mikoto that Aleister Crowley was the person behind all of the experiments and that was why she decided to attack the windowless building?(assuming I interpreted what I saw correctly...)

Also, did Misaki just use brain-washing to get Mikoto to find Touma or somehow talked to him telepathically??? How isn't that exactly supposed to be cool...

Just finished reading it... It was an amazing chapter!!! Why say otherwise? If you are expecting otherwise, then you are simply just being unfair. This was a great chapter. It made a lot more sense to me... than what Zaarael and Shinhwa said...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-08-27 at 22:33.
Old 2013-08-27, 22:31   Link #5052
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Well this sucks.

Are you still concerning of how many chapters it takes to adapt this arc into an anime season without a risk of 'butchering'? But since this arc is so promising, that the anime production staffs would try their best not to screw this up at the very least.

And BTW, if you take a look at the previous chapters, you can see that the pages per chapter aren't too consistent.
Old 2013-08-27, 22:40   Link #5053
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Well, this is the final chapter for Volume 9 (that's how Volumes work, right? lol) So all upcoming is for Volume 10 starting next month?
Old 2013-08-27, 23:06   Link #5054
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Well, this is the final chapter for Volume 9 (that's how Volumes work, right? lol) So all upcoming is for Volume 10 starting next month?
I guess that's how it works XD
Old 2013-08-27, 23:20   Link #5055
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Just finished reading it... It was an amazing chapter!!! Why say otherwise? If you are expecting otherwise, then you are simply just being unfair. This was a great chapter. It made a lot more sense to me... than what Zaarael and Shinhwa said...
IKR. Seriously can't deny that this is currently in the climax of the arc. It's too bad that you're able to read the RAW chapter, though.
Old 2013-08-28, 00:34   Link #5056
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

My roommate in college is from China and reads Chinese/speaks it fluently. So I just asked him to translate the Chinese chapter for me.

Here is a summary:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapter summary
1. Mikoto is thinking to herself: who am I?
2. (Mitori is now talking to Mikoto) Why is it that you do nothing when the Sisters are suffering inside the city? Because they are clones, even though you stopped the experiments, they will always be treated differently and less than humans beings are? Why are you ignoring everything that is happening in the city?
3. (feeling very guilty) Mikoto is remembering the traumatic experiments from Railgun S particularly the one where Mikoto had first met Accelerator...
4. Mitori tells Mikoto (under the influence of Exterior) that she should try to stop this injustice and Mikoto agrees. She asks Mitori how to do so. Mitori tells her that that building over there (the windowless building) is the command center of Academy City and that if she destroys it, she can stop all of Academy City's evil plans.
5. Mikoto understands Mitori and says yes. She unleashes a huge 100 meter lightning bolt (shower, whatever) on the windowless building.
6. The windowless building is unphased though Mitori is surprised by Mikoto's huge power that she had let out.
7. Gensei then tells Mitori that Mikoto right now is only at 2% of her full power; essentially, that she has more power and that it is constantly increasing. He might have mentioned something about electric teleportation like Zaarael said.
8. Gensei tells Mitori that young people are so impatient these days...
9. Security people from Antiskill who are a ways away are saying to each other that they just saw the largest lightning phenomenon/strike they have ever seen.
10. Misaki mind controls them and has the anti-skill leader say that they don't need to investigate things, but instead should try to remove any bystanders from the lightning damaged area from harm.
11. Misaki did this because she thinks that Anti-skill wouldn't be able to do that much...
12. We then see Touma who thinks to himself: I'll just check things out. If I don't have to get involved, I'll just run away
12. Misaki sees Touma and her heart becomes all aflutter because she goes (heart) ah ah ah ah ah ~. She thinks it'll be easy to change his mind to stay and help.
13. Misaki uses telepathy to talk to Touma and tells him not to touch his head or else she won't be able to talk to him anymore. She explains that she can use telepathy because it works differently from mental out and she says something else about Telepathy that it works because it is an entire focus on the mind (something like that I guess).
14. She talks to Touma and tells him the girl standing next to him with the wings is actually Mikoto.
15. Touma is like: really? (he was very surprised)
16. Misaki tells him that researchers messed with the misaka network (that's what she said though from what was said last chapter she might be wrong) to draw power out of it and give it to Mikoto in order to mess with her.
17. Touma says ok (he understood what she just said).
18. Misaki tells him that he needs to just touch Mikoto somewhere on her body to help her and that he should get ready for a fight.
19. Touma thinks to himself: "Fight?"
20. Touma asks Misaki who she is, but she doesn't respond, she's too tired by that point because of the stress of mental out.
21. Touma turns to look at Mikoto.
22. Misaki goes around and finds Kites on the roof and commands him not to harm her when she undoes his brainwashing so that he won't be brainwashed again. She undoes his brainwashing by Gensei.
23. Mitori's liquid metal "person thing" attacks Misaki and puts a silver arm around one of her legs. She says to Misaki that she needs to come with her for a moment.
24. Kites tries to shoot the "person thing" but it doesn't work. Misaki can't do anything.
25. At that moment, Kuroko teleports in and says: "I am with judgement, you are all under arrest in the meantime" (not sure about this last part) "so that I can figure out what is going on." Kuroko manages to somehow stop the silver "person thing" briefly.
Comments:

Mikoto is at 2% of her full power

Touma is fighting Mikoto next chapter!

Misaki knows A LOT about how her powers interact with Imagine Breaker... Hmmmmm.....

Misaki can use telepathy with Touma.

I forgot to mention Misaki said she can't brainwash Mikoto with her power. (oops) (she said this while talking to Touma).

Kuroko is now on the scene and thinks she can beat everyone there

Gensei seems to be openly attacking Aleister Crowley like a complete fool... I have no idea what he is doing at this point. I'm guessing Aleister is letting him live out of mercy or something...

Touma needs to only touch Mikoto somewhere on her body to negate what is happening. He DOESN'T have to punch her.

That's what I have for now...

Last edited by dniv; 2013-08-28 at 00:47.
Old 2013-08-28, 00:47   Link #5057
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

seems everyone desiring a punching scene is a No-no

too bad she didn't tell him who she is, though i tought that touma knows her voice
Old 2013-08-28, 00:49   Link #5058
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
seems everyone desiring a punching scene is a No-no

too bad she didn't tell him who she is, though i tought that touma knows her voice
She only said hi to him though briefly the day before... and I'm sure he was concentrating on her upper body more than her voice Also, it was telepathy so it might not have sounded the same. She was probably really cutesy when she talked to him the day before after all.

For those of you who comment now... try re-reading my summary. I tried to make it a lot more clear after editing.
Old 2013-08-28, 00:56   Link #5059
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Very interesting developments on the Misaki/Touma front. Just how much has she seen of Touma?

Touma only needs to touch her huh? That's going to be hard as hell to do. But very exciting to see. September so far now.

What is Gensei/Mitori trying to do though
Old 2013-08-28, 01:07   Link #5060
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Very interesting developments on the Misaki/Touma front. Just how much has she seen of Touma?

Touma only needs to touch her huh? That's going to be hard as hell to do. But very exciting to see. September so far now.

What is Gensei/Mitori trying to do though
It seems like they might be trying to attack... Aleister... though that seems really stupid. So I have absolutely no clue as to what is going on, on that front...
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen