Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-11-02, 18:19   Link #501
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So the girl with red hair is the GM ?
GM? She's not the guildmaster, that's the old man. Erza's just the strongest woman in the guild, no more and no less.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 19:51   Link #502
CoolKidsClub

Damm the eps moves so fast...next week is gona be good cuz Erza is awesome..but i have 2 say she looks better in manga
CoolKidsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 21:15   Link #503
chickdigger802

anyone else hating the cutscene 'special moves'? Somehow reminds me of pokemon stadium -.-" Do they seriously have no budget for this show, yet they could get famous voice actors?
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 21:27   Link #504
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
anyone else hating the cutscene 'special moves'? Somehow reminds me of pokemon stadium -.-" Do they seriously have no budget for this show, yet they could get famous voice actors?
Most anime voice actors would kill to get roles in the long-running shounen anime like this, naruto, one piece, etc...

Those are the best gigs there are. Decent money and a consistent paycheck for years, sometimes. Most anime is 13-26 episodes, and then that's it. Shows like these with the potential to go on for a long time you get the best talent knocking on your doors.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:46   Link #505
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, that was good filler. "There's things you don't want to smell." The hick chicken in overalls - "Meat!" The fortuneteller. All of it pretty funny stuff, although much to my amazement I find myself enjoying Happy most of all so far. I'd have bet dimes to donuts that would never happen when the anime started.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 22:57   Link #506
chickdigger802

hmmm... but if the animation for a 'super long' series starts out this mediocre, what legs does it have? Naruto and bleach both started out with great animation for the time (loved bleach before soul society). Even now they occasionally have a decently animated eps. If this can't even get the 'canon' part animated right...
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:14   Link #507
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I have to agree with you here. The way they are handling Natsu's attacks especially just doesn't look right to me. Couldn't they skip the background dragon and just light his hands on fire?
Old 2009-11-03, 00:16   Link #508
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yeah, that was good filler. "There's things you don't want to smell." The hick chicken in overalls - "Meat!" The fortuneteller. All of it pretty funny stuff, although much to my amazement I find myself enjoying Happy most of all so far. I'd have bet dimes to donuts that would never happen when the anime started.
I loved Happy being all happy about Cancer, while that joke was amusing in the manga, is 10x better in its animated form

Can't wait for next ep tho, Erza-swwwaaaaan!!!

sidenote, really liking the ED now, wasn't quite sure about it before but now its pretyy catchy
Old 2009-11-03, 01:12   Link #509
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
hmmm... but if the animation for a 'super long' series starts out this mediocre, what legs does it have? Naruto and bleach both started out with great animation for the time (loved bleach before soul society). Even now they occasionally have a decently animated eps. If this can't even get the 'canon' part animated right...
There are 2 ways to look at it. One is the budget for this show is low, combine with the popularity of the source materials, they don't have a luxury to go with high quality beginning and let it be sucky later. Second is they are saving the budget for later, after all the "introducing arcs", because they are kinda weak in their own, and things are only getting better after that.

I'll be optimism and hope for the latter.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-11-03 at 07:50. Reason: I'm failed at QC my post :(.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 01:35   Link #510
MechR

But even the opening has budget animation (see: all the looping segments after the "Oh yeah! Oh yeah!" part). It's an embarrassment.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 02:18   Link #511
Procris

Oh boy. They are still doing the lame backgrounds for spells in fight scenes, i was really hoping this would stop after the first episode but looks like they are going to continue it through out the whole anime. Do we really need to see a dragon every time Natsu uses iron fist of the dragon or a random background when someone uses a spell?

Not a bad episode overall (episode 4), even though everything happened very fast. Sound was top notch, at least and Erza looks spot on to me.
Procris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 04:42   Link #512
Ravelt

They part episode that has not in manga was nice.

The anime haven’t decrease violence too much as Rave Master Zekua cut his arm with knife. Rave in anime Shuda just break his arm with explosive dark bring (actually he cut with sword).

Why Erza wear the 2nd design of Heart Kreuz armor? Where is the old? Is it because they like the new better?
Why they always re-design item like keys and scissors
Hiro Mashima sword, weapons, and outfits design was good I think they should not need change it too.
Ravelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 05:12   Link #513
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Oh boy. They are still doing the lame backgrounds for spells in fight scenes, i was really hoping this would stop after the first episode but looks like they are going to continue it through out the whole anime. Do we really need to see a dragon every time Natsu uses iron fist of the dragon or a random background when someone uses a spell?
I assume that they added it exactly because it's long, so it's perfect to fill those long 24 minutes...when the anime enters the big arcs, they won't have a chance to use it since the battles are fast. I'll also agree with Duo on the budget part, they're probably saving the good parts for later (as is the case with shippuuden, where some episodes are very poor and others are great, animation-wise).
What I enjoyed most in the episode was the gag in the filler scenes, it's good to see that it's resourceful and not just a repetition of previous jokes.
Quote:
Which is slightly odd since they're still hiding his magic for whatever reason.
That was for two reasons: firstly, to show that he is no weakling, and secondly, because
Spoiler:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:18   Link #514
Eclipze

I don't think Lullaby was mentioned this early, right?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:31   Link #515
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
There are 2 ways to look at it. One is the budget for this show is low, combine with the popularity of the source materials, they don't have a luxury to go with high quality beginning and let it be sucky later. Second is they are saving the budget for later, after all the "introducing arcs", because they are kinda weak in their own, and things are only getting after that.

I'll be optimism and hope for the latter.
Yeah I'll be optimistic and hope for the latter as well... and yeah the introduction arcs are pretty weak, thank god they flew threw the manga to get to Erza ASAP.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 07:52   Link #516
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Watched 4th ep, and if there is anything FT anime should get the most praises about, it would be the OST. I really like the music at the flashback scene and when the book's magic is unlocked.

The filler is not bad either.
Old 2009-11-03, 07:56   Link #517
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
I don't think Lullaby was mentioned this early, right?
True, but it's not like anyone understands at this point, so it's ok
Old 2009-11-03, 08:01   Link #518
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
True, but it's not like anyone understands at this point, so it's ok
Tell you the truth, I don't even remember when it was mentioned.
Old 2009-11-03, 08:33   Link #519
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All the better, one thing FT does well is surprising the viewers/readers...at least at first~
Old 2009-11-03, 10:51   Link #520
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
GM? She's not the guildmaster, that's the old man. Erza's just the strongest woman in the guild, no more and no less.
Oh my bad , yeah you're right .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen