AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2008-02-27, 21:39   Link #501
Omega615

Hey I just finished watching all 26 episodes of claymore today and I wanna ask if there will be a season 2 for claymore
Omega615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 22:44   Link #502
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega615 View Post
Hey I just finished watching all 26 episodes of claymore today and I wanna ask if there will be a season 2 for claymore
So tired of answering this question in so many threads. No, there will not be a season 2.

Okay, lets just say that no season 2 can be made from the manga. This is both because there isn't much more manga and episodes 24-26 had nothing to do with the manga. Those last few episodes changed so many things that it is nearly impossible to follow the manga.

While it is possible that they will try to write around the story differences created by episodes 24-26, they cannot do this until there is enough manga to make another season... in 7 years. (The manga only comes out at a rate of 1 chapter a month, so it will take that long.)

Or else they could make a completely original season 2 that has nothing to do with the manga at all, but who knows if that would be any good.

At any rate, the creators of Claymore have not said a word about ever making a season 2 and it isn't even rumored any more. I'd recommend that you read the manga if you want to know what happens next. That of course leads to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
What manga volume does the anime leave off at?
Actually that question is a bit complicated since there are some changes from manga to anime. We have a whole thread to explain the answer, but 95% of the information is in the second post here.

Short answer: Ignore episodes 24-26 since they don't occur in the manga at all. Then start reading the manga with volume 11. Be wary though that there were several differences in the manga which might confuse you if you don't read the long answer. Or else you could just read the manga from the beginning so that you don't get confused.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 23:39   Link #503
Omega615

wow.... you just killed my hopes there =[
Old 2008-02-28, 01:40   Link #504
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

To be on the optimistic side, the only way I see them even leading up to a season two is an OVA, totally made up, but somehow reconnects the story to the official manga, until the manga is done to make a new season of the anime. The OVA can be pure bullshit, but it allows for a second season to continue the latter half of the manga. If this doesn't happen, you can pretty much take for word what NoSannin said.

Staying focused to right now, there is not enough manga to make another season. And waiting for the manga to finish is probably another 2+ years. Yes i'm sad too.
Old 2008-02-28, 01:58   Link #505
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher7 View Post
Staying focused to right now, there is not enough manga to make another season. And waiting for the manga to finish is probably another 2+ years. Yes i'm sad too.
Excuse me, but 2 years isn't nearly enough. Looking at the speed with which Yagi-sensei writes, an accurate figure would be 5 years. (I'm sorry that I said 7 above, that was mistaken.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-28, 02:29   Link #506
Synria_

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Excuse me, but 2 years isn't nearly enough. Looking at the speed with which Yagi-sensei writes, an accurate figure would be 5 years. (I'm sorry that I said 7 above, that was mistaken.)
You know never know... he might get some inspiration or a sudden call from the god of rabona and he will be releasing chapters like never before!

HOPE!
Old 2008-02-28, 02:42   Link #507
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

He has released 1 chapter a month for the last 6 years and 9 months. It isn't impossible that he will change that schedule, but lots of unlikely things aren't impossible. I'm just saying that after he's kept to the schedule for nearly 7 years I'd be shocked if things changed now. Let's say that my figure of 5 more years is only 99% likely.

Old 2008-02-28, 02:55   Link #508
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, if they decide on a 12 or 13 eps season, it'd be half that. Especially if they retcon the episodes that shall not be named.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 01:12   Link #509
NibelungTaisa
freshly noob

Is Clare the only Claymore who was a former human infused with another Claymore's blood instead of a Yoma's blood?
NibelungTaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 01:24   Link #510
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think so NibelungTaisa. At least the only one we know of so far. Who knows what crazy things the organization will come up with.
Old 2008-02-29, 17:57   Link #511
ClaFanN1
Banned

Question: One thing i never understood, how come awakened creatures or even normal claymores be way more powerful than regular yoma (those little demons getting beaten all the time) if they got their flesh and nothing else...?
The question above leads to other question: can regular original yoma awake?
ClaFanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 18:10   Link #512
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

So far we haven't seen anything to indicate a Youma can awaken. There is a lot of speculation about what really happens with the hybridization process but really we have very few facts from the claymoreverse. Although it would be awesome if youma could somehow awaken. We do have some interesting tidbits of information left to tantalize us though; for instance youma can change their shape to just about anyone and steal humans memories like the Youma that posed as raki's brother. Awakened beings seem to only change shape to their original human form, not their claymore form.

And as for hybrid's being stronger, check this out for wiki's Ligers. Although it has little to do with what is going on in yagi's mind I still find it entertaining.

Although Claymores would only really be hybrids if youma used human hosts as part of their reproductive process; like in Aliens or something. But once again, speculation.
Old 2008-03-02, 12:16   Link #513
Omega615

oh yeah i have another question is Irene still alive or did Rafaela kill her
Old 2008-03-02, 13:19   Link #514
Synria_

^ Fix that post or you will get a warning.

Spoiler for Irene And Rafaela:
Old 2008-03-02, 16:44   Link #515
lsley
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
Question: One thing i never understood, how come awakened creatures or even normal claymores be way more powerful than regular yoma (those little demons getting beaten all the time) if they got their flesh and nothing else...?
The question above leads to other question: can regular original yoma awake?
question 1: It's said in the beginning when clare saves raki (no guarantee for the time it was said), that claymores are stronger than yoma because they can control the yoma power with their human minds.
Imagine ha cat with a rocket-launcher-leg, and than a human with a rocket-launcher-arm. a bigger brain can be useful sometimes
question 2: I don't think so because it was said something like "when they go to far the power is not controllable by the human mind" or something like that. since yoma never had a human mind i don't think that they could go over their limits.

Everyone who knows better is welcome to adjust me, it's a while ago since i read the manga.
Old 2008-03-08, 14:20   Link #516
Otomefan

Hey all! Came across this new anime called Claymore which looks really cool. Just out of curiousity, does anyone know when they plan to begin releasing the series in the US?
Otomefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 16:56   Link #517
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomefan View Post
Hey all! Came across this new anime called Claymore which looks really cool. Just out of curiousity, does anyone know when they plan to begin releasing the series in the US?
Well it came out a year ago. I guess it's still farely new to people, but I'm gonna say it will probably be out.... If it does come out it might be released late this year early next year. I'm wondering if they will make a season 2 but if there is one being made that might not air until like 2010.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 07:54   Link #518
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
From the Funimation official website:
Quote:
FUNimation Entertainment will release the first volume and starter set of the Claymore anime series in fall 2008.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:04   Link #519
Otomefan

All right. Well I just watched Claymore in one day, and I have to say, its an amazing anime. Absolutely stunning. The only thing that threw me for a loop was the flashback where Teresa suddenly appears. It made me think she was another agent along with Clare. My only thoughts are these. If there is a sequel, what will they choose to focus on this time? My thoughts may be that they choose to focus on Easley and the Dweller of the Deep in the South as the villains. There will be prolly be a new heroine with Clare making one or two appearances in the series. Also, there are parallels between this series and Trinity Blood make me think they were written or had some involvement by the same creators. Clare strikes me as much like Abel Nightroad, while Raki is very similar to Esther Blanchette.
Otomefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 19:29   Link #520
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
All right. Well I just watched Claymore in one day, and I have to say, its an amazing anime. Absolutely stunning. The only thing that threw me for a loop was the flashback where Teresa suddenly appears. It made me think she was another agent along with Clare. My only thoughts are these. If there is a sequel, what will they choose to focus on this time? My thoughts may be that they choose to focus on Easley and the Dweller of the Deep in the South as the villains. There will be prolly be a new heroine with Clare making one or two appearances in the series. Also, there are parallels between this series and Trinity Blood make me think they were written or had some involvement by the same creators. Clare strikes me as much like Abel Nightroad, while Raki is very similar to Esther Blanchette.
You should read the manga it goes farther than the anime, and the war in the north ends differently in the manga then it does in the anime.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
claymore, q & a