AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 20:40   Link #5361
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
....What have I done? What have I wrought?
A challenge; that's what you wrought. . .

Seriously, what's with the sudden interest in Mugino all of a sudden? One second everyone is shipping for Touma/Mikoto in the index section of FF.net. Now everyone and their mother is shipping Touma/Mugino or at least adding her into his already massive harem list.

What the hell have I wrought?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 21:20   Link #5362
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
A challenge; that's what you wrought. . .

Seriously, what's with the sudden interest in Mugino all of a sudden? One second everyone is shipping for Touma/Mikoto in the index section of FF.net. Now everyone and their mother is shipping Touma/Mugino or at least adding her into his already massive harem list.

What the hell have I wrought?
I should be asking that, too.

I was the one who suggested the 'Mugino is an M' idea in the first place....

Also, I just found pics of genderbent Fiamma of the Right and I find myself tempted to write something to do with her and Touma...
Old 2013-10-01, 21:38   Link #5363
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

And this gender bent Fiamma pic is located.....where?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-01, 21:45   Link #5364
omega253

Quote:
And this gender bent Fiamma pic is located.....where?
I found them while marathoning through the entire Image Thread. Almost done, too.

I also found genderbent Acqua of the Back.....

Here are the images:

Spoiler for Genderbent Fiamma of the Right:

Truth be told, I kind of expect Fem!Fiamma to still wear slacks.

And here's the Fem!Acqua...

Spoiler for Genderbent Acqua of the Back:

Is it wrong that I was expecting Fem!Acqua's 'assets' to be bigger, considering her male counterpart's hilariously ripped physique?
Old 2013-10-01, 22:00   Link #5365
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Meh, I personally like the second picture of the FemFiamma than the first. Mainly because I prefer long-haired girl's over short-haired ones.

As for FemAcqua, well, I'd say you're not wrong since that's how I would perceive it myself.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-01, 22:19   Link #5366
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quick question: Would there be any reason for Stiyl or Kanzaki to stay at St. George's Cathedral late at night?
Old 2013-10-01, 22:29   Link #5367
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I'm sure there would be plenty of reasons for them to be there late at night. It all depends on what their doing really. It is the headquarters of the Church of Necessary Evil and the Anglican Church; which both Stiyl and Kanzaki are apart of.

I'm sure you could find some specific reason for them to be there late at night; be it for doing a late night report on a recent event being taken care of or some other matter that would require them to personally report back there.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-01, 22:38   Link #5368
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I'm sure there would be plenty of reasons for them to be there late at night. It all depends on what their doing really. It is the headquarters of the Church of Necessary Evil and the Anglican Church; which both Stiyl and Kanzaki are apart of.

I'm sure you could find some specific reason for them to be there late at night; be it for doing a late night report on a recent event being taken care of or some other matter that would require them to personally report back there.
Point taken...although I'm still not up to that part where they get involved in my fic but I feel I do need to have some reason since it would be 1 am or so in Britain when they make their appearance in my Birdy fic.
Old 2013-10-01, 22:42   Link #5369
omega253

I just realized... Is it alright to put images like the ones I put above in a different thread like this? While I was looking through this thread, I've seen some others, so I just presumed.

So, I just read through Railgun 63 and...

Now I want to make a fic where Sogiita Gunha and Kamijou Touma are childhood friends who go through wild adventures together....

But then again, there's always looking forward to the next update of Unlucky Star.
Old 2013-10-01, 22:43   Link #5370
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I kinda view it the same way I view any other major organization. If someone finishes an assignment and reports from a distance, the person in charge will call them back and have them give a verbal report in person; then assign them their next task once the report is over.

Depending on the severity of the assignment, the boss could just simply interrupt their report and jump straight into the real reason they called them back. It's all a matter of how you want to do things or how vital their next task is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
So, I just read through Railgun 63 and...
and this is the part where you link me where the updated chapter is. STOP HIDING THESE THINGS FROM ME, ME WANT READ NOW!

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-01, 22:49   Link #5371
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I kinda view it the same way I view any other major organization. If someone finishes an assignment and reports from a distance, the person in charge will call them back and have them give a verbal report in person; then assign them their next task once the report is over.

Depending on the severity of the assignment, the boss could just simply interrupt their report and jump straight into the real reason they called them back. It's all a matter of how you want to do things or how vital their next task is.
I see. The thing is...they aren't really going to play so big a role in my fic since their only appearance will be due to Birdy going all berserk in St. George's Cathedral and since Stiyl is her target.

Refresher: Birdy Fic Parts 1-3

Quote:
and this is the part where you link me where the updated chapter is. STOP HIDING THESE THINGS FROM ME, ME WANT READ NOW!
Google is your best friend here. No..seriously, that's how I found it.
Old 2013-10-01, 22:58   Link #5372
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
I see. The thing is...they aren't really going to play so big a role in my fic since their only appearance will be due to Birdy going all berserk in St. George's Cathedral and since Stiyl is her target.
In that case, well, same rules apply but you don't really need to elaborate too much in regards to why either of those two are present there. Their assignments typically are important enough since they are ranked relatively high in the church. If boss calls, they typically would have been summoned for a good reason since they wouldn't be sent to do something trivial like fetching something from somewhere or overseeing something. The latter, though, could be classified as important depending on the thing; but you get what I mean.

Anyway, don't pay that whole cluster of words too much mind; it's just me rambling.

Quote:
Google is your best friend here. No..seriously, that's how I found it.
I'm doing that; and I'm getting nothing but blanks here. Seriously, Google doesn't like me too much.

EDIT: Scratch that; I found it!

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-01, 23:05   Link #5373
omega253

Quote:
STOP HIDING THESE THINGS FROM ME, ME WANT READ NOW!
.... Eh?

I'm hiding things? The only things I'm hiding are the fic plot for To Ascend and several other half-thought-out ideas.

If you tell me what exactly I'm hiding, then I'll be more than happy to help you find them.
Old 2013-10-01, 23:08   Link #5374
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Kamachi, you glorious bastard!

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-10-02, 00:08   Link #5375
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

So instead of finishing the next Endymion chapter, I posted a new story called 'Parallelogram'. I should really finish that Endymion chapter though...

Last edited by rubix22; 2013-10-02 at 00:23.
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 05:11   Link #5376
demino_hellsin
That one guy

is it weird to have arcs for a story you don't plan to write, all fleshed out in your mind?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 05:24   Link #5377
Draco Spirit

Naa, I typically find I got more idea's in my head then I can ever hope to write!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 05:45   Link #5378
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What does power ever achieve? He didn't want power, he never chose to have it. But power chose him to seek it. Power came to him even if he didn't seek it. Power is protection, power is a weapon, power is authority, but why did he feel like power stripped him of all of these? He never wanted power, but he was set on its path and all he could do was walk it.

Higher, greater, surpassing everything from an overwhelming place. A power more than he already possessed. He was seeking an unknown summit that didn't exist and yet clearly appeared before his eyes. Even if at times he could not imagine the next form he took, he felt it was always around the corner. It was the instinct of all living things: move forward. Advance. Hope. Faith.

Hope...

He wonders how such a thing could apply to him. He hopes with such fervor that it borders on zealousness. He is nothing but a mass of despair, he brings nothing but destruction. With him, all things are on a one-way road to ruin. And yet he hopes.

And this faith...

He is a being that relies on the sure, on the exact. He believes in the exact values that are used to drive his equations that govern his powers. And yet he keeps to these baseless beliefs. He believes in constants, laws of absolute that fill in the blanks left out by the unexplainable. But when the unknown confronts him in all its formlessness, why does he reach out and grasp at its ethereal form?

Theory

Hypothesis

Assumptions

Iterations

Scientific terms and yet, they are practiced on basis of faith. Faith because you have never seen what they predict. Faith is the basis because you are reliant on unproven ideas. Faith because you cannot prove them and yet you take them as fact anyway. She taught him this. Working without basis that the next attempt is a success.

She was odd, she was not scared of him. She never even took notice of him. She was supposed to be a Kihara, but she wasn't like any Kihara he knew. She was insane, he could tell. But she was so far from what Kihara were that even Kiharas shunned her. Perhaps it was because her field of study was in itself contradictory to a Kihara.

Theoretical studies.

That was her field. Amata Kihara taught him his equations, but equations had their limits. What she gave him was the infinite. An idea that was preposterous. Perhaps the higher ups thought so as well. That's why he wasn't surprised when they presented him with the level 6 shift.

This project was to have him kill 20,000 clones in order to achieve a state known as level 6, SYSTEM, invincible. All terms that meant one thing. He would attain peace.

But that peace would be nothing but stagnance. That was her reply when he told her about it. She didn't mind him going to pursue the project, but unlike the other scientists, she was not excited at the prospects of the experiment at all. And why should she be?

A false theory, a false basis, false assumptions. There was nothing of what she sought to study within that project. She called it a boring waste of research funds. All while saying that, she was reading reports of the past great tragedies of engineering such as the Hindlenburg and the Titanic.

How was it so different from her research? He wanted to ask her. Why was the idea of level 6 not enticing to her at all?

Because it exists.

She told him that thought outright. To Kiharas, the idea of level 6 is in no way preposterous and has already been simulated hundreds of thousands of times. To the rest of the world, the thought may have been novel, but to her it was no longer a theory but a reality. Just as constants and laws that only applied with a fixed margin of error, the idea of level 6 existed in that state as well. It was not the theory she sought.

That way of thinking was ludicrous, but he humored it. He decided to stay with her than go to that project which would promise him something definite.

It was only supposed to be a week, but that week grew into a month, then it grew into a year and finally it ended in 3. The time he spent taught by her, his power did not grow at all. But her teachings were fascinating all the same.

A different set of rules

A new manner of doing things

What if there was such a thing as the world seen by humans, the body of knowledge called science that dictated humanity's common sense, what if all that were wrong? What if all that merely coincided with the true rules of the universe? Such inanity was what she imbibed in him. It did little to grow his powers, rather it just grew his curiosity born out of boredom. Sure he developed new ways to apply his power but they were no greater than before. On this one way road of power, why is it that ruin did not befall her?

It eventually did though...

That person was shot. Rather, the attack was fired at him by a sniper rifle. He merely deflected it and sneered at the futility of it all. He knew it was from those of the level 6 project, pushing him to join them. But to think that the deflected bullet would up hitting his instructor.

She laughed, she laughed because this was perfect. It was a perfect way for her to die. He did not understand, and so she concludes that he must have never understood her true study.

The reason why Kiharas shun her was not merely because of her study of theory, it was the study of errors. She sought to give form to the formless, definition to the meaningless. Theories are merely the first step. To see the possibility and then seek the infinitisimal improbabilities that border on impossible.

Those one calls mistakes, accidents, errors. People of faith also called them miracles. The impossibility that occurs beyond human imagination.

He knew it didn't suit him. The idea of fate and miracles. He was a man of the exact, the absolute and the proven. That was why he could never quite understand what his odd teacher imparted to him. But he understood now. Though he never cared, though he never thought about it. The exactness and the absolute truth in his arms was not something he could accept.

Hope

Faith

Miracle

If this world is god's system, if this reality is his will. Then he would take control of it all. He swore on the black wings on his back, granted by those miracles given to him for the past 3 years.

------------------------------------------------------------
The third in my series of monster snippets. Oddly enough, though this is about accelerator I never once .entioned the word monster. Quality may be lacking.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 07:18   Link #5379
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
So instead of finishing the next Endymion chapter, I posted a new story called 'Parallelogram'. I should really finish that Endymion chapter though...
I'm not even sure what's going on, but get ready for a lawsuit for bringing in parallel universes

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 10:22   Link #5380
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I finally got the chance to write more for my Birdy fic...and ended up shoehorning Hothinus in...somehow.
Birdy Fic Parts 1-3

Spoiler for Birdy Fic Part 4:

Spoiler for Birdy Fic Part 5:

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction