AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 05:33   Link #521
Eryops

I think there was a vicious circle, with Hanyuu acting like a mother to Rika and teaching her things she wouldn't ordinarily know, which alienated her mother and drove Rika even more towards Hanyuu. Based on the TIPS, it seems that Rika's mother felt that her daughter's upbringing was out of her control, which caused her to lash out at her. Naturally, this in turn made Rika dislike her mother even more.

Rika's relationship with her father appears to have been normal; Hanyuu at one point comments that Rika's relationship with her mother was strained, but doesn't mention anything about Rika's relationship her father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Yep that's the one
Isn't that fan-made and thus non-canonical though?
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 10:14   Link #522
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I never said anything about it being canon.

But those Comics are approved by 07th Expansion
Old 2008-01-30, 14:17   Link #523
Voduar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
I think there was a vicious circle, with Hanyuu acting like a mother to Rika and teaching her things she wouldn't ordinarily know, which alienated her mother and drove Rika even more towards Hanyuu. Based on the TIPS, it seems that Rika's mother felt that her daughter's upbringing was out of her control, which caused her to lash out at her. Naturally, this in turn made Rika dislike her mother even more.
Quite true, also, I get the vague impression that Rika's mother simply was not that nice of a person to begin with. Most of the TIPS with her in them have her being bitchy to someone, regardless of the rest of the context. So, its not that Rika does not miss her, but thats probably all buried with a healthy level of resentment.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 10:02   Link #524
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
From Kai, it has been suggested from TIPS and bits and pieces from places that
1. Although it didn't show much of Rika having fond memories of her parents and her, there were no suggestions that Rika hated her parents either.
2. Rika's mother has expressed that she did not understood her daughter's feelings.
3. Rika has also expressed, "...It doesn't matter about my mother. That person and I did not get along".
4. Rika has tried to help her parents so they can avoid being the victim of the Oyashiro-sama's curse, but eventually gave up.

So judging from their relationship, and that Rika always had more pressing matters to attend to, I don't think Rika missed her mother.
I agree, Rika didn't care much about her parents
But at the end of Saikoroshi, Rika kind of repented for that "not missing, not caring about them" and promised she would visit the grave of her parents
Old 2008-02-04, 06:12   Link #525
shadowdragon167

What is going on in this picture?

Spoiler for chair?:
shadowdragon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 06:43   Link #526
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdragon167 View Post

Spoiler for chair?:
Maybe something related to saikoroshi (at leace for what I have read on a other tread),
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 11:39   Link #527
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:

Spoiler for chair?:
It's Rika beating Satoko on Saikoroshi-hen (Well, it looks like it)
Old 2008-02-04, 16:15   Link #528
shadowdragon167

Ah, I found another version of the pic and Satoko is in it. There's some text too, but I don't have any idea what it says.

Spoiler for rika beating up satoko?:

The Dice Killing chapter is the one "after Festival Accompanying" where nothing bad happens, right? So why on earth would Rika want to hurt Satoko? Is there anyone who has played this part who can tell me what's going on in this scene?
shadowdragon167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 16:19   Link #529
Eryops

Quote:
The Dice Killing chapter is the one "after Festival Accompanying" where nothing bad happens, right? So why on earth would Rika want to hurt Satoko? Is there anyone who has played this part who can tell me what's going on in this scene?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-04, 18:14   Link #530
tobiast88
No patience for fools

The text says something like this:

"Satoko, you're being a little bit annoying.
Since you have the same face as my dear friend, I'll overlook this, but... Enough. Your tinny little voice irritates me. After this, if you come within a meter of me, no excuses, I'm going to smack you. That's what I intend to do, so you're warned. ............You hear me?"
tobiast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 19:11   Link #531
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Ah, I found another version of the pic and Satoko is in it. There's some text too, but I don't have any idea what it says.

Spoiler for rika beating up satoko?:

Rika is very isolated in this world and Satoko is a pest (well, more than normal)

Rika is studying old books in the class to find a way to go back to her original world

Then Satoko steals the book, throws it to another classmate and they keep doing it making fun of Rika, then, Rika snaps and beats her
Old 2008-02-04, 19:18   Link #532
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Nothing bad happening in the Higurashi world is a bad thing. As the only reason Keiichi moved there was because he did something bad in his home town.

Also "that" satoko deserved to be knocked the fuck out
Old 2008-02-06, 16:38   Link #533
SiRence~
(・ 3 ・)

Thanks for the many interesting rensponses on rika's relationship with her parents. I think I've got a vague image of her relationship with her parents now. It's another little sad sidestory of Higurashi (in my opinion).

Damn ... Rika beating up Satoko! The Saikoroshi-hen Satoko has to be really annoying and different from the Satoko we know. Really, really different. Afterall, Satoko is her closest friend. I guess, this chapter is more interesting than I thought! I will look forward to it in season 3.
SiRence~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 22:43   Link #534
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRence~ View Post
Damn ... Rika beating up Satoko! The Saikoroshi-hen Satoko has to be really annoying and different from the Satoko we know. Really, really different. Afterall, Satoko is her closest friend. I guess, this chapter is more interesting than I thought! I will look forward to it in season 3.
Even the Satoko from the other chapter might be annoying some time, and even some best friend might have a fight.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 03:56   Link #535
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Even the Satoko from the other chapter might be annoying some time, and even some best friend might have a fight.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-07, 22:06   Link #536
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

I skipped Takano's flashblack cause obviously I hate her.

Can someone give me a brief sumarry about her?

Also what happened to the gang after so many years?
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 20:14   Link #537
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Just watch the Episodes
Old 2008-02-13, 02:43   Link #538
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Just a quick question:

What was the name of the drug that induced the Hinamizawa Syndrome's effects in a person? You know, the one in the syringe that was used on Tomitake in all those instances where he died.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 03:50   Link #539
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Wasn't it C-170?
Old 2008-02-13, 03:56   Link #540
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Wasn't it C-170?
H170. The C series are the drugs Irie developed to suppress the terminal stage of the syndrome (C103, C120) and the vaccine (C117) for the pathogen.