AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 08:55   Link #521
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Aww, I hate watching a new episode late. I've been missing all these good conversations

Well, lets see what I can muster with what I have left in me

Let me write these now so that I can come back to this information for future reference. In a game of chess, the demons are classified as a certain piece. These are what they are known as:

Rias - King - Her powers appear to be to banish fallen foes and to create new demons that can work for her.

Yuuto - Knight - His weapon is a knights sword and his specialty his speed. Issei has only just become a demon so i'm assuming his eyes are still of a human standards which is why he couldn't see Yuuto when he was moving.

Koneko - Rook - She can defend against any attack that is thrown at her. I'm assuming however that this is only effective when she is aware that the attack is being made. If an ambush or surprise attack is made on her, i'm guessing her ability doesn't activate straight away. Lets face it, she would be impossible to at least damage if she could avoid every attack

Akeno - Queen - She has powers that can fire magic blasts. And the best thing about her is that she appears to get off from it Oh Akeno, you are becoming quite a favourite of mine you devilish little devil.

Issei - Pawn - Well, this isn't surprising, he only just became a demon But i'm guessing with his Sacred Gear, he would make a good soldier that should strike first.

The Stray Devil that they faced was seducing at first...until it suddeny turned into that monster I'm glad she wont be making a return Such a waste of good material, if you know what I mean

As for Asia, she was left with that mistreating angel. Apparently a Fallen Angel was appearing as well which is why Rias didn't kill the angel that hurt Issei. It would have been interesting to see the three clash, but I guess that will have to wait until a future episode. I'm eagerly awaiting to see how Issei will react to leaving Asia behind in the next episode.

In the meantime, i'm going to try and use mathmatics and other forms of teachings to persuade myself on which girl I should be concentrating on and which girl I should declare as mine...it's such a hard choice! And i'm not just talking about the breasts, honest
Old 2012-01-21, 09:22   Link #522
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

yet we're 3eps in got wonder who will funi will cast on it give i know some of us wondering or curious to hear dub version & funi va on it.

yea anyone idea or predict who want for dub version of it?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 09:51   Link #523
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And Asia *rape* scene wasn't sexually arousing, I was more interested in her hand being impaled while she didn't give a damn about it...
I wondered about that myself, until I realized he merely stabbed the wall through her sleeves.

I realize the whole show features a lot of fanservice (not that I'm complaining), but I think the whole threeway war between Heaven, the devils and fallen angels sounds like an interesting premise that has a lot of potential. After this episode however, it seems to be more of the devils being forced to war against two factions instead. I wish the show starts exploring this part of its overall plot more, but I don't think the pace so far has been bad at all.

As far as this episode is concerned, Akeno is the star of the show for me. Shizuka Itou + that personality = a whole lot of win in my book.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 09:58   Link #524
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow the lasers were just ridiculous. That priest certainly has a few screws loose. Hope Asia is safe.
Old 2012-01-21, 10:26   Link #525
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

Oh I get it now. They censored it yellow so that we won't see the R-18 milk but instead be blinded by a yellowed censor beam
It was just spoiled, hence the colour, density, and effects
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 10:32   Link #526
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hmm, it does give off quite the romance comedy feel, huh? I think more so than the anime has so far. But, at least the manga carried out that part of ep 03 a lot better
Depends some things were better in anime Imo while some thing were better in manga.
For example, anime issei was trying to fight priest and then thought about escaping, manga issei just sits there like a bitch, but on the other hand the crucifixion of that dude to the wall and a stab/guro to the chest were better in the manga.
To be frank I was like "mangaka WTF? You no show nipples, but you show a dude with his *internals organs* out ..., double standard huh ...".
Same goes for design of roughe devil, in anime she looked better, like a devil who would lure people with appeal and then eat them, in manga she looked like a random villain of the week, but on the other hand manga had a guro where the devil threw a half eaten body at issei to begin fight.

So to sum it up.
Manga is more romance comedy with guro and less ecchi.
While anime is completly echi with no guro, and some romance.

Dunno about novel as I need to find some time to read the translated chapters.

Ohhh and when you look at the ending its a matter of time before asia join the team, after all she is the bishop piece, its so easy to deduce its not even funny ^^. All that is left is will Issei become the queen or not.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:00   Link #527
larethian

OMG, most facepalming stuff must be that stray demon LMAO.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 12:05   Link #528
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

There is one issue that would probably not be explored by the show proper, but probably worth exploring anyway.

How are Isse's parents going to react to losing their only son?

This is relevant because Rias-oneechan said as much "He is reborn as my little brother", on top of literally having his race-and-soul changed, Isse is technically not their son anymore. And rubbing salt in the wounds would be the fact that hs kids, now lacking their blood, will NOT be their grandchildren either.

Rias-oneechan seems nice-enough a person to eventually feel guilty about using the retard-mind-wipe to hypnotize Isse's folks into obedience some-day. So it would be sad to see how two mid 40 years olds would react to having the double whammy of losing their ONLY child AND living to see their bloodline die.....
Old 2012-01-21, 12:55   Link #529
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
There is one issue that would probably not be explored by the show proper, but probably worth exploring anyway.

This is relevant because Rias-oneechan said as much "He is reborn as my little brother", on top of literally having his race-and-soul changed, Isse is technically not their son anymore. And rubbing salt in the wounds would be the fact that hs kids, now lacking their blood, will NOT be their grandchildren either.

Rias-oneechan seems nice-enough a person to eventually feel guilty about using the retard-mind-wipe to hypnotize Isse's folks into obedience some-day. So it would be sad to see how two mid 40 years olds would react to having the double whammy of losing their ONLY child AND living to see their bloodline die.....
I was thinking about that. Perhaps they will turn into devils as well even it's very unlikely.
Old 2012-01-21, 13:25   Link #530
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
So to sum it up.
Manga is more romance comedy with guro and less ecchi.
While anime is completly echi with no guro, and some romance.
lol, thankfully there is no guro in the anime... what I've seen so far is already "violent" enough
Old 2012-01-21, 14:01   Link #531
ookamigirl

Asia was interesting. Think she doesn't see everything so black & white.
Guess it's pretty hard for him to cope with all the new devil dos and don'ts.
The fight part was really nice.
Issei really got his ass kicked by that priest. Guess he's not a very good soldier.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 14:14   Link #532
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Oh Akeno why are you so deliciously sadistic, you can hit me with that lighting any day as long as you do it with gusto and lots of jiggly
Old 2012-01-21, 14:40   Link #533
Tom Bombadil

The insert art for Koneko-chan is pretty good. I didn't like the Akeno's in the previous episode.
Old 2012-01-21, 14:58   Link #534
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Asia was interesting. Think she doesn't see everything so black & white.
Guess it's pretty hard for him to cope with all the new devil dos and don'ts.
The fight part was really nice.
Issei really got his ass kicked by that priest. Guess he's not a very good soldier.
Oh Cmon. Issei didn't know there was going to be a priest in the first place. Also, you are forgetting the fact that the priest has a light blade and a long range exorcism gun. Of course after you got shot by a light bullet, you wouldn't be able to move.

He is a good soldier. He even saved the King from the hand of the Stray Devil previously. If he knew something bad would happen he would be amazing. I guess he is not experienced in fights that's all.
Old 2012-01-21, 15:25   Link #535
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post
Oh Cmon. Issei didn't know there was going to be a priest in the first place. Also, you are forgetting the fact that the priest has a light blade and a long range exorcism gun. Of course after you got shot by a light bullet, you wouldn't be able to move.
He could have avoided it all, if he went with his gut feeling that something wasn't right when he opened the door. Rias warned him that being near a holy place would give him such a feeling, yet he ignored it, because he didn't want to let her down again.

Quote:
He is a good soldier. He even saved the King from the hand of the Stray Devil previously. If he knew something bad would happen he would be amazing. I guess he is not experienced in fights that's all.
I think she'll at least forgive him for not listening to her – again. Maybe she'll actually teach him how to fight properly from now on, because she must realize by now that he can't keep himself out of trouble, and they can't just go and save his butt every time he does.
Old 2012-01-21, 15:29   Link #536
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
He could have avoided it all, if he went with his gut feeling that something wasn't right when he opened the door. Rias warned him that being near a holy place would give him such a feeling, yet he ignored it, because he didn't want to let her down again.
But that wasn't the church. He also wanted to make the president happy for once by making a contract.
Old 2012-01-21, 16:49   Link #537
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

He's not exactly her little brother per se, but in their clan-based, devil 'family' Issei is the 'little brother' in the house of Gremory. He's the new member of the group, of which Rias showers with her own brand of affection. So while he's now a demon living in the human world, he still maintains his human relations with others as if nothing has changed, at least for now. Kinship ties aren't always based on blood, and I don't think Issei is the type to shrug away his familial relationship with his parents just like that.

When Asia will join them (and I do believe she eventually will), she too will be welcomed as a new member of the group.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 16:56   Link #538
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koominator View Post

That wasn't in the novel. Seriously, that scene just made Rias look incompetent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post

I think she'll at least forgive him for not listening to her – again. Maybe she'll actually teach him how to fight properly from now on, because she must realize by now that he can't keep himself out of trouble, and they can't just go and save his butt every time he does.
It wasn't a holy place. It was a summoner's home, that was invaded by exorcists. It's not like he can be expected to know that his "bad feeling" meant anything. He'll be useless to her if he turns into a coward who spends all his time under his bed, terrified he might meet an enemy.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 16:59   Link #539
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That wasn't in the novel. Seriously, that scene just made Rias look incompetent.
I do agree that that made Rias a bit incompetent like you said. They also DID quite change lots of things compared to the anime and the manga. But at least be thankful for them making the anime
Old 2012-01-21, 17:39   Link #540
lightsenshi
Author

Titty lasers....*snickers*

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen