AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-10, 01:23   Link #521
Meow
So Who Is On Top ?

And so lil sister Natsuki Ikuhara will have to live with Nia-chan forever... as her girlfriend ?

Niiiiiiiiii..Niiii..niiiiiiiiiiiiiniiiiiiiiiii niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ?
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 03:52   Link #522
Kayoubi
Togame's Sword

I just watched ep12 and it was great! nothing too special about the whole series but still it is worth watching.

I must say that miu's voice acting was the best. The up-talk accent she used is one of the most annoying things in western society but it worked so wonderfully to make her interesting and show her character.
Kayoubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 04:21   Link #523
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Ah, the ojou-sama tone? Yeah, with some characters it can be annoying, especially with the laugh as well, but I like how Miu does it, and she doesn't talk like that all the time thank goodness.
Old 2004-10-10, 11:54   Link #524
Totallybastos

hmmm, what i dont get on this series is, why does suki and encyclopedia both say its 13 eps, but enfo, and the subbers say its 12... which one is it?? >< XD
Totallybastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:00   Link #525
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totallybastos
hmmm, what i dont get on this series is, why does suki and encyclopedia both say its 13 eps, but enfo, and the subbers say its 12... which one is it?? >< XD
Technically it is a 13 episode series, since it started with episode 0. Therfore 0-12 is 13 episodes. However i dont think any group subbed eoisode 0. Also there is supposed to be an extra epiode on the DVD's, between 9 and 10. Whether its true or not we wont know till its released.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:01   Link #526
Ending

Pretty amusing serie, if just scratching the surface when it comes to plot and character development. Because of this, I think -too- that the ending was "whatever." It really did not conclude anything or bring any major news. I would had been interested to know how the relationships between the protagonist and the two DearS developed. Ah, well; you can't have everything -not even the most important...
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 12:20   Link #527
Warpzit

So this is it?

Can anyone tell me if there is more in the manga, more volumes and such =/ or if the manga ends here aswell? If it continues and still are being maked can anyone then tell me if we can expect a season 2 of the anime... (had problems about investigating this myself since I don't read Japanese )
Warpzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:03   Link #528
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpzit
Can anyone tell me if there is more in the manga, more volumes and such =/ or if the manga ends here aswell? If it continues and still are being maked can anyone then tell me if we can expect a season 2 of the anime... (had problems about investigating this myself since I don't read Japanese )
Well, it seems there are 6 volumes of the manga. From what I read from the descriptions it also seems like the show only went to the ending of maybe the second or third volume, I could be wrong though since I haven't seen them myself.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:39   Link #529
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
hmmm...

just finishing watching it...

it was ok, but i didnt really like the ending....

but the same time, i dont think a "I-guess-i-really-do-love-you" ending would be better....like it is in most of these animes, like Chobits and Love Hina...

hmm...but now for a small chance, time to start with Bleach ^_^
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 13:46   Link #530
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i hope there's a second season, because of these unanswered questions:
1) who the hell is Fina and why did she have a voice actress cast if she didn't even have ONE line?
2) why was/is Fina asleep?
3) What EXACTLY made Ren SO dangerous to other DearS?
4) Why are they "Frozen Eternally" and not simply destroyed?
5) plus there's a lot of possible subplots with other DearS finding their masters (nii-girl found hers, Ren found hers, but what about the others?)
6) 150 DearS and we only see Miu, Xaki, Lavi, nii-girl, Khi, and "Cheena" (Ren wasn't part of the original 150 found on the spaceship, and Fina may not have been counted either)

SECOND SEASON PLEASE!
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 14:09   Link #531
Ending

Wink

Quote:
but the same time, i dont think a "I-guess-i-really-do-love-you" ending would be better....like it is in most of these animes, like Chobits and Love Hina...
No, no! It should go like:

"I guess I really love you BOTH -could you be my slaves?"
"150 cho... er... DearS and I get only 2? Man, I bet they all need a new master. What do you two think if we found a harem for me?"

You can always wish for another 'Buttopi CPU' -ending.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 14:33   Link #532
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
1) who the hell is Fina and why did she have a voice actress cast if she didn't even have ONE line?
5) plus there's a lot of possible subplots with other DearS finding their masters (nii-girl found hers, Ren found hers, but what about the others?)
6) 150 DearS and we only see Miu, Xaki, Lavi, nii-girl, Khi, and "Cheena" (Ren wasn't part of the original 150 found on the spaceship, and Fina may not have been counted either)

SECOND SEASON PLEASE!
I never thought I'd say this, but read the manga.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 14:43   Link #533
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

hm somehow it seems the anime ended prematurely...

what actually was suppose to happen in the manga?
Old 2004-10-10, 14:44   Link #534
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven

SECOND SEASON PLEASE!
From what i picked up in the show Fina is the over all leader of the DearS on that ship, she's refered to on several occasions as 'the supervisor' including by Ruvi.

Ren was dangerous because she hadn't undergone the training that Miu had, thus she was more open to emotions, and more susceptible to them. All DearS are linked through a bond similar to the gift, so they can feel what the others feel. Love is a forbbiden concept for a slave, so they're trained (im guessing) to bury those feelings, but Ren not having the training fell in love, but since she doesnt understand the concept she doesnt understand the feeling. At the end of episode 12 you see Ren trip and Takeya save her, and Mui turns round and says she felt a 'tingle', im guess she felt a flutter of love between Ren and Takeya. As did Ruzi, hence her crying, and im guessing thats also why Fina woke up with a smile on her face.

They probably dont like killing *shrugs*, killing people is easy, making them sleep for eternity has a more ominouse and nasty feel to it, thus making it a very nasty punishment.

While i agree that a second season would be great, there isnt going to be one, nor any OVA's. Try the manga if you want to see what happens next, i'd like to see the manga, but i dont read japanese so i wont bother :P
Old 2004-10-10, 16:20   Link #535
otakujohn

Finished watching this last night...great series. I'd love to see more.
otakujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 16:38   Link #536
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
No licensed manga, and no scanlations??

The sadness...

I....actually want to know what happens...

and i want to know how you make melon bread...>_> <_<

btw, Girls BRAVO...worth to watch??
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 17:02   Link #537
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Fina might have had a seiyuu because she actually spoke in an unaired episode. Who knows.

I agree that DearS felt incomplete, but at least the whole thing overall was better than most of it's contemporaries.

Now... to get the manga... somehow.
Old 2004-10-10, 17:17   Link #538
Avaj
?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophos
btw, Girls BRAVO...worth to watch??
Yes, yes it is. If you don't mind excessive censorship. Regardless it has good characters and all that nice stuff.

It's more light hearted then DearS but they also did say they are doing a second season of Girls BRAVO so they might be treating it as a continuation of the first, so plotwise it does not have to progress as fast.
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 17:23   Link #539
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaj
Yes, yes it is. If you don't mind excessive censorship. Regardless it has good characters and all that nice stuff.

It's more light hearted then DearS but they also did say they are doing a second season of Girls BRAVO so they might be treating it as a continuation of the first, so plotwise it does not have to progress as fast.
The group that did the subs for the first season are also going to do the DVD releases, so those have no censorship. The story was great, a part from the last few episodes which seemed nothing but pure fanservice and filler to end the season, i was disapointed, but still love the show, and still love Miharu :P
Old 2004-10-10, 17:25   Link #540
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
At the end of episode 12 you see Ren trip and Takeya save her, and Mui turns round and says she felt a 'tingle', im guess she felt a flutter of love between Ren and Takeya.
Hm I thought that was a 'tingle' of jealousy from Neneko... I guess I'll have another look when I rewatch the series.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen