Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-24, 12:58   Link #5381
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
For the blue parts, Are you saying that the one connected to the forearm STAYS connected in Rifle Mode?? And if so what's with the 'rotate further 45 degrees' part?? Are you just talking about he bottom blue part??
Yeah, I'm talking about the bottom blue part. The description is essentially same/similar with the blue part of the GN Sword II. I'm only saying that from 180 it may rotate 45 degress clockwise further, just to make it the same as the GN Sword II Rifle.

But I'm saying its just an optional possibility in this theory. Its totally unrelated to function and the rifle should theoretically be able to operate.

Just like the GN Sword II Rifle should be able to function even if the blue part doesn't rotate until 225 degrees; it just does that for style. Hell the GN Sword II Rifle can even function with the blade in Sword Mode actually, 00 Raiser used it once like that versus Arche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Any chance the "Sword Bits combine with the GN Sword IV to create a larger Buster Sword theory" could still happen?
Who knows although knowing the GN Sword series, its more likely it has a beam saber mode if the main sword needs a larger blade.

Not to mention that since no traditional beam saber has been included within the seven swords, I can imagine a beam saber mode existing for the main sword at least. Hard to imagine a close range mobile suit with 0 beam sabers. [well except Cherudim SAGA that is]

Anything is possible but a Buster Sword Mode looks unlikely at the moment.
Old 2010-06-24, 14:53   Link #5382
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Yeah, I'm talking about the bottom blue part. The description is essentially same/similar with the blue part of the GN Sword II. I'm only saying that from 180 it may rotate 45 degress clockwise further, just to make it the same as the GN Sword II Rifle.

But I'm saying its just an optional possibility in this theory. Its totally unrelated to function and the rifle should theoretically be able to operate.
Thanks for explaining it.

Quote:
Hell the GN Sword II Rifle can even function with the blade in Sword Mode actually, 00 Raiser used it once like that versus Arche.
Yeah!! I was wondering that myself. It would have been soo much easier for fighting and toy models if it just stayed vertical. O well, I can't wait myself to see the 'mystery' Rifle Mode gonna be. Secretly I wanted it to shoot beams from the blades
Old 2010-06-24, 15:47   Link #5383
GundamFan

They have information up on the Gundam 00 offical website about the Brave and GN-XIV, the Brave there was something about AEU being involved in the development that parts a bit garbaled and they do confirm that there are 2 drives on Graham's suit and 1 on the standard model. The GN-XIV is based off of a combination of technology they got from the innovators and the ahead, it says it's performance equals a gundam, it's there main mass production suit and comes with a wide variety of equipment. One other thing of interest on the GN-XIV they showed both the grey and green versions and had a short line of text above each I think it was name but it would niether copy or work with google translator so I don't know what it said. I included the orginal form of the text below in case anyone wanted to take a crack at translating it.

GN-XIV
地球連邦の制式採用機。イノベイターを名乗るイノベイドから得た技術を積極的に採用したことで、大幅な性能 アップを果たしている。また、アロウズのスキャンダルによって後継機が製造されなかったアヘッド系の技術も 組み込まれており、肩の推進器などにその特徴が見られる。その性能は高く、ガンダムに匹敵する。現在、主力 機として量産が進められている。汎用機であり、ミッションに合わせ各種装備変更が可能。

Brave
マスラオから発展した地球連邦の制式採用機。現在は実証試験の段階にある。元ユニオンとAEUの技術者が中 心となって完成させた機体。両陣営で採用されていた機体の特徴である可変機構を踏襲しており、多彩な運用が 可能である。一般機は、擬似太陽炉を一基搭載するが、グラハムの機体は、擬似太陽炉を二基搭載 する。
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 17:36   Link #5384
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

The AEU and Union joint developed the Brave. The article is almost equal to that was revealed in the magazines I think. From what I'm getting:

-One important mentioned in the Brave profile that has not been mentioned in this topic is that its actually sourced from the Masurao. Which is sort of significant I guess, since one's first guess would be Susanowo first [not to mention the model number being closer to Susanowo] as the source but apparently its not the case.

-Something about a transformable mechanism that both the AEU/Union shared is being adopted and that the MS's functions is diverse.

-Its in its's testing stages. [really? I sooo did not predict this from the name!!]

I'll leave the real work to the experts I guess.

Interestingly, the Masurao's web profile I remember once said that it was the prototype for the development of next generation suits; yet there is no mention of this in Susanowo's profile as far as I can recall. So the Braves being based on Masurao is actually a continuation of what the Masurao profile said.

My guess is that the Masurao was a general prototype for the development, with Graham's specs of course but the Susanowo would be further customize the suit in Graham's favor and his battles; probably much further than the Masurao did.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-06-24 at 17:55.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:07   Link #5385
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
Which Kuroda comic???
The one from Newtype with the coin analogy.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:08   Link #5386
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
The one from Newtype with the coin analogy.
Isn't that Yun Kouga's manga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
Thanks for explaining it.

Yeah!! I was wondering that myself. It would have been soo much easier for fighting and toy models if it just stayed vertical. O well, I can't wait myself to see the 'mystery' Rifle Mode gonna be. Secretly I wanted it to shoot beams from the blades
You mean like this?:

Spoiler for Are You Feeling Lucky Punk?:

Regarding the GN Sword II's Rifle Mode, the reason from my observation on why the blade is in a horizontal position is because most of the time its used for normal rifle shots, it fires from only one barrel. This method presumably better as allows for the particles to be compressed and released more effectively in lower powered smaller beams. Much more higher power beams with larger sizes are probably better coming out of 2 nozzles due to the relative size of the beam and the rifle/nozzle.

Not to mention its more natural to a normal rifle as far as hand position goes [lol, however relevant that is.....>_>]. Since the projectile is fired on a parallel and slightly higher height level than the hand handle.

It may even be different in larger beams to depending on the actual shape of the beam [due to the barrels position being different], but I have done little personal observation in regards to this. 00 has only fired the beams in vertical position once in S214 against Arche. [I cannot remember how the second Trans-Am Raiser position in S218 was, but if its vertical than its 2 times in the series]

You can still pose it in vertical position and not feel bad about it because its been done in the series; I do it occasionally with the Rifle. I just wish the beam saber mode can be posed vertically but it can't because of the edge will face the wrong way. [if it was an actual event, it would reduce the effectiveness of the beam sword because the beams are not strategic adjusted for cutting, not to mention its just plain wrong]. I guess the beam sword being in the wrong angle bothers me more than the solid sword looking in the rifle mode while doing a melee, so I usually just pose the Sword II Beam saber normally.

-----------------------------------------

Updated Story on the Official Site

24世紀初頭、突如として姿を現した私設武装組織「ソレスタルビーイング」。彼らはガンダムによる戦争根絶 を掲げ武力介入を開始、一時は組織壊滅の危機を迎えながらも、争いの絶えなかった世界を急変さ せた。
地球連邦政府の成立。その後の独立治安維持部隊アロウズの専横による戦争状態を経て、武力に頼らない社会を 選択するに至った人類だったが、西暦2314 年、再び危機が訪れる。130年前に廃船となっていた生体反応の無い木星探査船が地球圏に接近してきた。そ れは、人類の存亡をかけた戦いの始まりを告げる船だった・・・
戦いの中、人類の水先案内人たる革新者(イノベイター)へと進化したソレスタルビーイングのガンダムマイス ター、刹那・F・セイエイ。彼は、新たな危機の中で、自らの進化の本当の意味と直面する。果たして、イオリ ア計画の最終段階とは。そして、「来るべき対話」とは一体何なのか――

Did It just say that the ship that went to Jupiter 130 years ago CAME BACK!!!!!!!!????

Wish someone could translate this for real........

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-06-24 at 19:14.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 22:18   Link #5387
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
You mean like this?:

Yup, my logic was that the green blade would work as a conductor. Thought it would be a logic improvement for Ian's tech. Mixing the GN Sword II Beam shots/Saber form with GN Sword III "Raiser Sword" abilities.

As for the beam rifle thing, I only factor in GN Sword II Beam Saber Mode as the reason y it was necessary to turn the blade. Although, the points you brought up the function is quite valid.

Hmmm, Inventors of GN Drives?? + Innovation + 130 Years = Really pissed off bunch of Astronauts

Last edited by rocawarde; 2010-06-24 at 22:35.
rocawarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 22:59   Link #5388
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
I guess this is from Gundam 00: Anastashia

Spoiler for special clip for event performance by VAs:
hmm those scene 4 pics could there bit of hint on set-feldt?

oh KLAC-ing please have 00 movie get set-feldt.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 23:42   Link #5389
furato
Chronic Googler

Quote:
Updated Story on the Official Site

24世紀初頭、突如として姿を現した私設武装組織「ソレスタルビーイング」。彼らはガンダムによる戦争根絶 を掲げ武力介入を開始、一時は組織壊滅の危機を迎えながらも、争いの絶えなかった世界を急変さ せた。
地球連邦政府の成立。その後の独立治安維持部隊アロウズの専横による戦争状態を経て、武力に頼らない社会を 選択するに至った人類だったが、西暦2314 年、再び危機が訪れる。130年前に廃船となっていた生体反応の無い木星探査船が地球圏に接近してきた。そ れは、人類の存亡をかけた戦いの始まりを告げる船だった・・・
戦いの中、人類の水先案内人たる革新者(イノベイター)へと進化したソレスタルビーイングのガンダムマイス ター、刹那・F・セイエイ。彼は、新たな危機の中で、自らの進化の本当の意味と直面する。果たして、イオリ ア計画の最終段階とは。そして、「来るべき対話」とは一体何なのか――

Did It just say that the ship that went to Jupiter 130 years ago CAME BACK!!!!!!!!????

Wish someone could translate this for real........
It does say something about the unmanned Jupiter ship approaching Earth O.o The hook line is What really is the final phase of Aeolia Plan? What is "the dialogues to come"?

The answer we've all been waiting for...
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 23:49   Link #5390
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Interesting, because the Jupiter ship that launched in 120 years ago wad seen in tetters in S1. This ship looks nothing like that one if it's indeed that mysterious Death Star thing. I wonder if this relates somehow to the blue GN Particles being fired upon everyone in the trailer?

Hell, we still have the mystery of the purple Haro left to solve.
Old 2010-06-24, 23:55   Link #5391
furato
Chronic Googler

We'll probably learn who picked up purple Haro after Throne Drei was wrecked.

Wait...

PURPLE Haro
PURPLE GN Particles
Old 2010-06-25, 00:04   Link #5392
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Isn't that Yun Kouga's manga?

Whoops. xD Sorry, name fail.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 00:15   Link #5393
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
We'll probably learn who picked up purple Haro after Throne Drei was wrecked.

Wait...

PURPLE Haro
PURPLE GN Particles
We have our villain!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 03:50   Link #5394
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Who else could have been smart enough to outsmart the last scientist that murdered everyone and carefully deleted every data before ejecting the hardisks to Jupiter and blowing up the ship.

Purple Haro: This is my Plan now!!!

The latest revelations are interesting to say the least especially since right before Eifman said "Aeolia true goal is not the eradication of war, but......", he said "the manned expedition to Jupiter 120 years ago!!!"

Ah, how that scene comes back to haunts us. We still have not figured that one out fully, and now that ship returns.......[well, a ship that went to Jupiter 130 years ago did, probably separate ship than the one that got blew up]

I wonder if this relates to the purple GN Particles somehow. Its probably them.
Old 2010-06-25, 03:53   Link #5395
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Ok, about those clip shows during with OP/ED titles on it play while artists perform on stage from Trailblazer special DVD, Imagine that we can use those for our own stage shows (Like singing our own song with some Rock Band Instruments.).
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 04:12   Link #5396
furato
Chronic Googler

Just as reference, THE unmanned Jupiter explorer that we saw wrecked in S1 ep 17 was launched in 2188. Source is 00I, it was mentioned in the TV news that Lars & Pity are watching together. Movie is 2314, so that's 126 years ago. Either they're using "130" as an approximation (I think is more likely) or there's another ship.
Old 2010-06-25, 13:37   Link #5397
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6
"The lifeless Jupiter probe ship that became a scrapped vessel 130 years ago has approached the range of the earth."
That's what mike is saying. It sounds like the same ship.
Old 2010-06-25, 14:34   Link #5398
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
「130年前に廃船となっていた生体反応の無い木星探査船が地球圏に接近してきた。」

"The hulk of the defunct/exanimate Jupiter research vessel from a hundred and thirty years ago has drawn closer to the Earth Sphere.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 16:47   Link #5399
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, it sure got pretty fucking big during that time. I dont remember it looking like a small planet. Some...army must have rebuilt it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 17:47   Link #5400
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

To be fair, we do not know whether THAT planet ship thing is the ship in question in the article. Seems the text is pretty clear about the ship that's returning to be the same ship as the one that left 130 years ago [which we're all familiar with, thanks to 00I and S1.17], so its probably not that sphere one in the poster. Which leaves that sphere thing to be still a mystery at the moment.

Another possibility is that Celestial Being actually salvaged the ship and is bringing it back. They just happen to be there at Jupiter to build a GN Drive afterall. The new Jupiter team that started the project may be using it to return to Earth.

Tags
gundam 00 movie