AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-08-13, 00:09   Link #54381
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I have a bad feeling about that
Old 2014-08-13, 00:14   Link #54382
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Actually, even in "clean war" (WWII,...), child soldier is not that of a matter - The French, Chinese,... All have children in their resistance force.

Say, is Combat Hypnosis real? Researching on the net, but no use.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 01:44   Link #54383
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really

When child soldier is employed. something had gone horribly wrong.

For example, Hitler's youth is nothing but desperate attempt to stall defeat.
Old 2014-08-13, 06:21   Link #54384
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Just wait till he starts watching Game of Thrones...

Anyways, have you guys imagined how would the canon story look like if Urobutcher is the writer?
I dare say it would be about brilliantly colorful idols flying IS, punning the letters IS, in a grim dark world making a difference often at the cost of themselves.

Only to have everything undone by someone choosing their own happiness.

Hides the original Vandam I manuscript.
Old 2014-08-13, 07:05   Link #54385
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what is the most natural reaction to having half your weapons compliment annihilated before your very eyes? It's fear right? Terror and confusion so raw you have no idea what to do. As if you're trying to face down a tiger with its claws and fangs with nothing but boney hand and fleshy fingers.

That's why when the world saw the White Knight destroy all 2700 ICBMs, they did something that overwrote common sense. An agreement to bombard it with everything they had. Warheads numbering into the tens of thousands rained upon Japan, place that had unknowingly housed a weapon far surpassing any country had ever seen.

On the day Shinonono Tabane announced the truth of the White Knight, the reality of what the IS was capable of, Japan had already been marked for death. All the world's power was thrust forth into turning Japan into an annexed country or a barren crater. Either way, it prioritized the destruction of the superweapon and any possible units in construction.

Naturally, only 1 unit could deploy at that time. White Knight engaged the world powers. However it could not fully protect Japan. The country of the rising sun sent out its whole army, a last resort when all channels for diplomacy had been shut off by pure instinct. Shinonono Tabane's declaraction of involvment damning her family and the entire country.

10 years pass

the White Knight was recorded to have eventually succumbed after singlehandedly dismantling half of America's navy, 2/3rds of Russia's forces and a quarter of every other country's forces. In exchange, Japan had lost 80% of its military forces and a quarter of the country's infrastructure. Cities once populous were now half way to being a wasteland.

once more, Japan was a country locked in isolation, waging a cold war alone against the whole of the world.

With only enough armaments to support a single fleet, the country's final hope lay in what caused the war. They had to adapt use of the IS of prof. Tabane who had gone missing. In her place, the Shinonono family were placed under arrest for the crime of nurturing a war criminal, a sentence to more appease the people than any law.

Right now, there are 467 IS in Japan's possession. With the economy in shambles and no foreign support, the country has to find a way to develop these weapons before the world amasses strength again to wipe them off the face of the earth.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 07:28   Link #54386
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
what is the most natural reaction to having half your weapons compliment annihilated before your very eyes? It's fear right? Terror and confusion so raw you have no idea what to do. As if you're trying to face down a tiger with its claws and fangs with nothing but boney hand and fleshy fingers.

That's why when the world saw the White Knight destroy all 2700 ICBMs, they did something that overwrote common sense. An agreement to bombard it with everything they had. Warheads numbering into the tens of thousands rained upon Japan, place that had unknowingly housed a weapon far surpassing any country had ever seen.

On the day Shinonono Tabane announced the truth of the White Knight, the reality of what the IS was capable of, Japan had already been marked for death. All the world's power was thrust forth into turning Japan into an annexed country or a barren crater. Either way, it prioritized the destruction of the superweapon and any possible units in construction.

Naturally, only 1 unit could deploy at that time. White Knight engaged the world powers. However it could not fully protect Japan. The country of the rising sun sent out its whole army, a last resort when all channels for diplomacy had been shut off by pure instinct. Shinonono Tabane's declaraction of involvment damning her family and the entire country.

10 years pass

the White Knight was recorded to have eventually succumbed after singlehandedly dismantling half of America's navy, 2/3rds of Russia's forces and a quarter of every other country's forces. In exchange, Japan had lost 80% of its military forces and a quarter of the country's infrastructure. Cities once populous were now half way to being a wasteland.

once more, Japan was a country locked in isolation, waging a cold war alone against the whole of the world.

With only enough armaments to support a single fleet, the country's final hope lay in what caused the war. They had to adapt use of the IS of prof. Tabane who had gone missing. In her place, the Shinonono family were placed under arrest for the crime of nurturing a war criminal, a sentence to more appease the people than any law.

Right now, there are 467 IS in Japan's possession. With the economy in shambles and no foreign support, the country has to find a way to develop these weapons before the world amasses strength again to wipe them off the face of the earth.
I hate to say it, but this world is just as bat-shit insane as Izusu's dumbed down creation I had to rewrite the rules of the world to justify.

But I hate to say it more that my brain knows how this world came to be, and is now constructing the why, what, who and wheres.

Then it grows bored because my brain realizes that it created just another war anime.

EDIT:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...olitics/.76059

Idea...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2014-08-13 at 07:48.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 08:07   Link #54387
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well it would focus more on the highschoolers forced into taking combat applicable military training as mandated by the government. Ofcourse preferring to be prepared instead of being paranoid, the government doesn't force all schools to convert to military academies. The dedicated military academies are already filled to capacity. The story focuses on those attending normal highschools but have to go to the local Militia Center where they get in few hours of training a day after school. Like mixing that one manhwa that I never read and the community center idea from Baby Steps. Then put in the whole emphasis on down time between battles and how it culminates in battle from Area 88
Old 2014-08-13, 08:18   Link #54388
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's sorta plausible, Japan is a net importer that can't maintain it's own industry without material input from the outside.

Expect starvation, economical collapse, and totalitarian state on par in strictness and idiocy with North Korea.

By that point Japan has no choice but to launch another military invasion to secure resource-rich area, especially Taiwan, Korea, or Vietnam. Possibly China, depending on it's state of affair.

Also, expect the characters to have VERY different mindset, possibly murderous and vengeful, and very immoral. We're talking about the likes of Ichika reenacting Nanking massacre here.
Old 2014-08-13, 08:18   Link #54389
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Screw it, I`ll rather use 'x' to indicate a year. I talked to Silver-Throne about deciding the year. He said that why not use 'x ' for the year. When I heard that, I nearly hit myself with frying pan ><
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 08:42   Link #54390
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was hoping to keep some people sane. Many of the people would fall to depravity and anarchy to stay alive, but those that live in controlled sectors live like normal people. IS cores would mostly be used for powering the country. with a quarter and maybe more gone or falling out with the government, they somehow stabilize to barely keep alive. They don't have the resources to rebuild and they certainly don't have much to spare on scientific progress. They have the IS cores, bu not the technology to create the matching frames.

Basically it's whatever the world military can throw versus mostly Uchiganes.
Old 2014-08-13, 08:45   Link #54391
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You can't expect mos Japanese to stay sane and friendly when the world blatantly genocide them and turn their country into wasteland out of FEAR

Right wingers will use this as opportunity to fuel their warmonger masturbatory fantasies to prove that "Japan had gone weak and complacent", and had nothing left to lose, the rest of surviving Japanese will agree.

They tried to leave the world at peace, it didn't work.
Old 2014-08-13, 08:45   Link #54392
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Pah! Have you guys forgot how China is acting on the South and East Chinese Sea? War is just one spark away. Plus, there is still the problem of South Curin islands with Russia.
Old 2014-08-13, 09:20   Link #54393
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hmmm then what if there is far deeper hatred for foreigners but Japan has yet to amass a force to mount an effective offense? despair and hatred tempered by inability. The best they can do isnot die out and fortify their position first.

No matter how you look at it, an anti-air battery and a few platoons of tanks might still be a match for something half as strong as an Uchigane.
Old 2014-08-13, 09:52   Link #54394
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, and that implies the pilot is typical idiot recruit seeking for glory, cockily attacking from the air instead of using the terrain to sneak behind the defense line and kill everything in the area.

(You have to remember I.S. can hover, and some model could even ground-skate)

The only way to tactically kill an I.S. with competent pilot is hiding sufficient amount of explosive and hope it doesn't detect the trap.

Also, while Japanese cannot spare manpower to occupy the area, doesn't mean they can not wreck a major city or industrial complex in few minutes before running away.
Old 2014-08-13, 09:57   Link #54395
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but they won't achieve anything in that. remember they can't build high powered frames. I'd say even the Raphaels and Uchiganes will be better in specs. Higher government can't afford to send out or allow petty attacks out of sheer spite. That's what public persecution of the Shinononos is for.
Old 2014-08-13, 10:05   Link #54396
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The more I think of it, the more Infinitus Potentia comes closer to be an original story. The notion of IS itself is incompatible with all we have known about warfare - 3rd and 4th generation practically create their own bubble to live in.

It's hard to incorporate something that powerful into a semi-cyberpunk story.
Old 2014-08-13, 10:12   Link #54397
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I know I'm trying to formulate a dystopic world with none dystopic inhabitants but in a way I think IS canon is dystopic. Are teenagers really like that? What kind of future would they lead to?
Old 2014-08-13, 12:50   Link #54398
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
I know I'm trying to formulate a dystopic world with none dystopic inhabitants but in a way I think IS canon is dystopic. Are teenagers really like that? What kind of future would they lead to?
Like Future earth of X-men?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-13, 17:31   Link #54399
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
In the grim darkness of Infinite Stratos, there is only war...

Also, farces everywhere.

*shoots his other self*

STOP RANDOMLY POPPING OUT IM TRYING TO WRITE AN INTERNATIONAL CRISIS HIGHSCHOOL ROMEDY HERE
Old 2014-08-14, 01:17   Link #54400
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The shattered moon shone it's pale light down upon the inhabitants of the city. Vale - 2nd largest in the Southern Kingdom next to the capital and a hotbed for activities of all types. The perfect Hunting Ground for a Master Huntress. Tonight, her prey was not the creatures of the Abyss, ancient and formidable though they may be. No, she had much bigger, much more intelligent prey to hunt - Humans.

Despite the legends and lore passed down from generation to generation, some amongst mankind would seek to use the Abyss to further their own ends. The Abyss could not be trusted. From the darkness, light came and with that light, clarity and knowledge. With that knowledge, mankind had built themselves a place in the world. Unfortunately, the Abyss wished to claim all that man had wrought back into it's cold, unfeeling embrace. At least, that's what the legends say...

She smirked. If the common people only knew...

A pulse of energy drew her attention. At her side, the sword hummed as if sensing her inner thoughts.

"Don't you worry, 'partner'," she petted the sheath, drawing a stronger hum from the weapon before if fell silent. She then gave the scene below her undivided attention. The thirty or so men were still busy loading up several trucks full of covered containers of various shapes and sizes. She narrowed her eyes as she held her hand up, a gesture that her 'partner' read immediately and deployed a small holographic display near her hand. Everything within her line-of-sight was scanned and labelled according to the satellite imagery data. The containers, however, turned up nothing since the covering seemed to disrupt Kurezakura's scan.

"Hmph, just like him to be so cautions," she murmured to herself. With that, she dropped her arm, which disengaged the scanning mode. "Looks like I'll have to get a closer look. Kurezakura - engage. Thermal optic camo mode." The black suit responded with a near-silent hum as it cloaked itself in the darkness. Leaping off the roof of the building, the Master Huntress went to work...

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest