Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-16, 16:10   Link #541
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
That was already mentioned in the anime. So monogamy is presented as the norm? If you have the actual line I'm curious, as this is obviously skipped content.Actual fucking warrior cultures like Sparta were fairly egalitarian, and cared about quality over quantity when it came to their offspring, to the point of allowing quite a bit of promiscuity from women and infanticide when babies didn't make the cut. In the real world there's actual alternatives like having women mate with men from other cities or countries as well. Just pumping out harem babies for the sake of population doesn't make any real sense, especially under the conditions you're using to justify it. Usually its more religious movements pushing for quantity over quality of offspring, and IMO polygamy is tied more to religion than wealth or anything else.

Grand scheme... I'm sorry man but I see absolutely no merit in your case. We're not going to agree, and I'm not really trying to get modded again so... have a nice day.
Dude, learn the difference between “”realistic” and “believable”. I didn’t say it was realistic. I said it was logical enough for me to suspend to that point. That’s all.

Also, your real world examples require the availability of other places without the same problem. Very realistic in the real world. Not always in fantasy worlds.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2022-02-16 at 16:26.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-16, 21:34   Link #542
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

This thread needs a break. Locking it until the next episode airs.

EDIT:

Thread reopened.

Let's not fixate on a minor element of the anime and endlessly debate it.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2022-02-19 at 11:25.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 12:59   Link #543
Frontier

Well, at least Genia left a note admitting she'd stolen the dragon bones. Gotta admire Ludwin and Genia bickering already like childhood friends and a prospective couple all in one .

Wow, Genia used the bones to make a Mecha Dragon! Not that it can really do much, even with Souma controlling it through Living Poltergeist. It still looks cool though .

Maid Carla! I can't say I expected this direction for her to serve out her sentence, but I can't help but think she'd prefer imprisonment or execution to being a maid and having to wear a skirt that shows off her legs (not that I mind). Or to be whipped so hard by Serina and being expected to clean up the sheets of her king and best friends' eventual lovemaking .

Well, to the surprise of virtually no one, the people of Amidonia aren't satisfied with Julius' rule and the conditions they're living in and eventually rise up to overthrow him, forcing Julius to run away with his tail between his legs to the Empire and leaving Amidonia without a ruler. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy .

Amidonia is now up for grabs, and the kingdom the people want to take them is, unsurprisingly, Elfrieden. There's a lot of hassle from taking all of Amidonia wholesale, but it might pay off in the long-run, and it's better to take them all than jus take Van and leave the rest. And thus, Elfrieden Annexes Amidonia .

It's nice to see Colbert finally get the respect and position he deserves after Gaius ignored him .

Ah, the old "lady hiding under the rugs" routine. Points to Roroa for trying to surprise Souma, but he's seen this story before. Not that it didn't surprise him that they actually went with it, but probably for the best that Roroa kept her clothes on .

I love how all three of Souma's girls drew their blades. Souma's got a very protective Harem .

Did Roroa organize the uprisings so that Julius would get ousted and Elfrieden would take back Amidonia? Is her plan to marry Souma her way of regaining control of her kingdom back in its proper hands? She's definitely a proud and intelligent young lady, and definitely not someone Souma wants to underestimate. But maybe that would make her a good wife ?
Old 2022-02-19, 14:00   Link #544
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, at least this bride is much more understandable. No debating over whether she liked him for his cooking, his looks, or anything else. We already had established in previous bits that she's smart and savvy, and respects what Souma managed to do in Elfrieden and regrets that her family instead wrecked Amidonia. So, now that she's gotten Amidonia under Elfrieden's flag (and I'm 99.99% sure she was the one responsible for the coordinated rebellions and ultimate request for annex), just like Liscia, setting him up as the husband of the sole heir is a fast way to reduce any remaining resistance and smooth the transfer of power. Love may come (and yeah, I'm sure it will), but for now, it's just politics.

Still, to think she pulled a Cleopatra...
Old 2022-02-19, 16:10   Link #545
yuiichi9

This is the worst episode of the season. They contradict themselves by sending reinforcements to amidonia. Since this could be seen as an military actions against amidonia. The empire should have invade Elfrieden if they want to uphold the treaty. Not doing so would be seen as they don't care about the treaty(facepalm). The empire threaten Elfrieden if they didn't return van when they took possession of van and here the empire doesn't do anything(facepalm). Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is a masterpiece even with all the flaws that it have compare to this below garbage.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 16:26   Link #546
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
This is the worst episode of the season. They contradict themselves by sending reinforcements to amidonia. Since this could be seen as an military actions against amidonia. The empire should have invade Elfrieden if they want to uphold the treaty. Not doing so would be seen as they don't care about the treaty(facepalm). The empire threaten Elfrieden if they didn't return van when they took possession of van and here the empire doesn't do anything(facepalm). Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is a masterpiece even with all the flaws that it have compare to this below garbage.
It's more complicated than that. If he didn't send reinforcements and accept their pleas it would've had an impact on them due to the reasons they gave to justify their actions previously. He couldn't exactly do nothing and call into question the claims he made about his past purpose, thus threatening the agreement made before. And in this case, their actions are different because they're not invading to claim territory, they're offering aid to a rebelling populace. The presence of an insurrection and a request for aid and annex creates a complicated situation that's not so clear-cut under the rules of the treaty.
Spoiler:
Old 2022-02-19, 16:31   Link #547
yuiichi9

The empire is hypocrite. They didn't invade Elfrieden in this situation. Empire is good to threaten innocent lives uselessly but not good to defend the treaty. We need someone or something to destroy this planet. Then a god to create a new planet in its place with a good main character helping leading the story.
Old 2022-02-19, 16:41   Link #548
Tenzen12

Why should Empire invade Elfrieden? And how they aren't able defend treaty even though they already did?
Old 2022-02-19, 16:47   Link #549
yuiichi9

They contradict themselves by sending reinforcements to amidonia. Since this could be seen as an military actions against amidonia. The empire should have invade Elfrieden if they want to uphold the treaty. Someone in another forum said that is because of a loophole the empire couldn't do anything. Anything can be explain with a loophole as long it use to protect souma image as an "inteligent" leader. Bad writing. The empire is hypocrite. They didn't invade Elfrieden in this situation. Empire is good to threaten innocent lives uselessly but not good to defend the treaty. We need someone or something to destroy this planet. Then a god to create a new planet in its place with a good main character helping leading the story. This is bad writing. Plain and simple. The author can create as many excuses protect souma and in the process going against previous establish fact he create(the treaty). Convenient ass pull. Author clearly doesn't know how to create a coherent story.
Old 2022-02-19, 16:50   Link #550
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
They contradict themselves by sending reinforcements to amidonia.
I was actually confused that they didn't call the Euphoria sisters at all. They're more interesting than pretty much the entire harem so far so it would have been nice to see them regardless.

Otherwise... it was kind of obvious Roroa was going to be in the harem but for all the buildup she's gotten this entire episode was pretty anticlimactic.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 17:26   Link #551
yuiichi9

If this story were to be a parody making fun of the genre I could have let go but since that isn't the case, this story has fail.
Old 2022-02-19, 17:32   Link #552
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I was actually confused that they didn't call the Euphoria sisters at all.
"Mankind Declaration Treaty" - Clause 2
Every citizen within each kingdom shall have equal rights and the kingdoms shall respect their individual freedoms.

This is the reason why stuff happen.
The reason Empire can't do anything here in this situation, is because, it was the People/Citizen of Amidonia who asked for help from Elfrieden (they didn't ask for help from the Empire).

It was under Souma that the people of Amidonia were "Free". And, it was the Empire who brought Julius back into power.

As for why Souma didn't call for the Euphoria Sisters.
Well, if you read the lines carefully, you would understand that the whole uprising stuff was actually instigated by Souma & Co. (though it was mainly only around Van & its surrounding areas). The uprising that happens in the other area of Amidonia, happened because of Roroa.

More explanation in the next episode.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-19, 17:38   Link #553
yuiichi9

That is just an excuse for bad writing. If the empire would have invade Elfrieden it would have tarnish the image of souma. The author desperately wants to avoid this.
Old 2022-02-19, 17:44   Link #554
Huh...?

Quote:
That is just an excuse for bad writing. If the empire would have invade Elfrieden it would have tarnish the image of souma. The author desperately wants to avoid this.
You keep saying that, but never properly answer, as to why should the Empire invade Elfrieden.

They have no reason to do so.
- It was Amidonia which took advantage of the Loophole of the Treaty and attacked Elfrieden.
- Elfrieden in returned counterattacked and captured Amidonia's Capital Van and its surrounding areas.
- Because Amidonia had signed the Treaty, they went and demanded the Empire to help retrieve Van, which they do after proper discussion.

That's all.
Why is there any need for the Empire in all this to attack Elfrieden?

Also, if Empire had invaded Elfrieden, how would have that tarnished Souma's image?

And, how is it bad writing, if the Author decides to give advantage to its MC?
Isn't that like common in almost every Series out there, be it an Anime or a TV Drama?

Old 2022-02-19, 17:47   Link #555
yuiichi9

Elfrieden sending reinforcements to amidonia could be seen as an military actions against amidonia. As someone said allies protect themselves. If Elfrieden would have start a military action to take over amidonia then empire would have invade Elfrieden. This hypocrisy and contradiction is what I don't like.
Old 2022-02-19, 17:52   Link #556
Huh...?

Quote:
Elfrieden sending reinforcements to amidonia could be seen as an military actions against amidonia. As someone said allies protect themselves. If Elfrieden would have start a military action to take over amidonia then empire would have invade Elfrieden. This hypocrisy and contradiction is what I don't like.
Yeah, true.
But only if it had been against the conditions of the "Mankind Declaration Treaty".

Here, it was the People/Citizen of Amidonia who had asked for help & back-up. So, the "military actions" condition doesn't work.

And like "Clause 2" of the Treaty says,
Every citizen within each kingdom shall have equal rights and the kingdoms shall respect their individual freedoms.

People/Citizen of a nation requesting for back-up form another nation can't be considered as military action (it would be considered as reinforcement), especially after those said People/Citizen had staged a coup/rebellion and kicked out the ruling power.

The moment People/Citizen of Amidonia kicked Julius out, they already were considered not part of the Treaty (since it was the ruling power that had signed the Treaty, not the People/Citizen of Amidonia)

Its like how Obama had signed that "Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation" but Trump who took over after him backed out from the Treaty.
Aka., change in power would also change how agreements and treaties are handled.
If the new ruling power continues to continue it, everything would move on as it is.
But if they decide not to, then everything done before would be undone.

Old 2022-02-19, 18:01   Link #557
yuiichi9

I am glad you understood my point and I don't like what happen here and think that is bad writing and a bad and cheap way to improve the image of souma by helping the citizens of amidonia that wants to revolt. A natural outcome would have been the citizens of amidonia don't ask for help from any country and unite themselves to stage a massive rebellion across the entire amidonia country.
Old 2022-02-19, 18:05   Link #558
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Actually, it's not. The author based this aspect of the story on real life events, on treaties that actually existed where interpretations of various clauses indeed made it so one could justify OR condemn military action on either side of a conflict.

You are correct, Elfrieden sending in troops to aid an uprising attempting to overthrow the government and/or establish its own land (or transfer to another kingdom) is changing the borders through military action. But the treaty also demands that the citizens have the right to their own actions and be respected in those actions, so if the citizens themselves want to revolt and personally request aid from a foreign government to support them, then they have a right to do so and expect aid. Helping them is at once in defiance of the treaty and upholding it, as is refusing aid.
Old 2022-02-19, 18:05   Link #559
Huh...?

Quote:
A natural outcome would have been the citizens of amidonia don't ask for help from any country and unite themselves to stage a massive rebellion across the entire amidonia country.
They did that, but people of Amidonia also knew that their country won't survive even if they managed to take over the ruling. As Amidonia had been suffering drought and low harvest for many years (and since there nation was a rocky type one, they had very low farming areas as well), and lacking financial strength (because Gaius & Julius had focused all funds into military).

Plus, everything that had happened, was actually orchestrated by Souma & Hakuya on one side and Roroa on the other.

Souma & Hakuya wanted to just take over the area around Van, after the people of the City revolted (they had been doing various behind-the-scene work for that). They didn't really plan to take over the whole Principality.

As for what Roroa wanted, you would know it next episode.

Old 2022-02-19, 18:07   Link #560
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Its like how Obama had signed that "Paris Agreement on climate change mitigation" but Trump who took over after him backed out from the Treaty.
That's not even a remotely relevant comparison... Souma sent troops into a literal civil war.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote