AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-09-09, 06:08   Link #57621
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

No, but I love Tekkaman Blade. And it is the very last thing I'd even consider crossing IS with. Period.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 06:19   Link #57622
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Now that I think about it, have anyone tried making a IS x Tekkaman crossover yet? Maybe IS are artificially made Radams that only give Tekkaman-like powers to the female gender, and it doesn't require a crytal activation.
The Orimura household could've possesed a special DNA strand that allows them to activate an IS suit regardless of gender because the White Knight was an ACTUAL Radam bug that Tabane tricked Chifuyu into using, and that's why Chifuyu quit using IS after rescuing Ichika because she 's afraid that the Radam bug can take over after 30 minutes!
maybe we ony know the tip of the iceberg of the reason why P.T kidnapped ichika
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 06:20   Link #57623
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Too dark? Or poor compatability? Or the fact that the sillyness of IS would overshadow the seriousness of Blade? C'mon, wavy.

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 06:40   Link #57624
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Wave: Can any IS pilot be qualified for any of the Crosses or Medal of Honor in the case he show valor against Phantom Tasks? The criteria says that the opposing force must be an enemy of the United States or her allies, but must Phantom Tasks be formally announced as "Enemy of the States"?

And what about Mondo Grosso? France may award Legion of Honour, but what about America?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 16:13   Link #57625
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Wave: Can any IS pilot be qualified for any of the Crosses or Medal of Honor in the case he show valor against Phantom Tasks? The criteria says that the opposing force must be an enemy of the United States or her allies, but must Phantom Tasks be formally announced as "Enemy of the States"?

And what about Mondo Grosso? France may award Legion of Honour, but what about America?
we don't even know what p.t's origins or their goals;all we know that they're currently stealing powerful IS units, clashing against the sarashiki family, & r the ones that kidnapped ichika when he was a kid, hell maybe eventually they'll view him as a nuisance & try to eliminate him

the point is, we can't call p.t "Enemy of the States" without knowing a little more about them 1st

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-09-09 at 19:31.
Old 2015-09-09, 21:00   Link #57626
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
A whole chunk of him would blow off when using physical packet. Normally he'd fry to a horrific extent.

Anyone here using a mechanical keyboard?
Bad burns, got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Yes, but take our advice with a grain of salt. Some of the stuff we work with is fanon at best.

- Blue Tears "Starlight" rifle is mentioned as a "Laser" gun but the descriptions in the Light Novel and the TV series are more in line with a Particle Beam weapon (Ichika mentions a sonic boom, which could happen when charged particles rip through the air, but would not happen with a laser beam--though this may vary). The effects when hit by a laser weapon as opposed to a charged particle weapon are different.

If we go by "LASER" description, the glancing blow would be a serious burn and possibly even cook off the upper layers of skin. Do a Google search on Laser burns (warning some are cringeworthy), and you'll see what a minor medical laser can do to skin. Blue Tears rifle is much larger so you'll probably see scorch marks and if badly hit Ichika may no longer be able to use the muscles in that area (as a laser would essentially cook the muscles like a BBQ burns steak).

If Blue Tears uses a Neutral (non-charged) particle cannon, then the effect could be interesting. Read up on this guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoli_Bugorski
- Essentially the only man known to have had a particle beam punch through his skull and survive. Now imagine the effect of a particle beam three times the size and..well Ichika will not be wel..

If the Rifle is a Charged Particle cannon, I don't think Ichika would survive. Even a glancing blow would be like getting struck by a lightning bolt and fry him because even if the particles themselves do not hit ichika the electrical charge will fry him silly.

- she has the missiles and the laser-armed Bits but no word on whether the Starlight can fire a different type of beam (or any specifics on the type of beam it is at all)
LASER: Too heavy damage to consider for now, I need Ichika to be able to take a hit and survive while being physically active afterwards.

Neutral charge: Not this either.

Charged: People has survived lightning bolts before though, but I think it's safe to say it's unlikely he'll walk away from that.

So that leaves me with the idea of Ichika deploying his IS too late and ending up with wound serious enough to cause him pain years later but light enough that his physical capabilities aren't affected too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
Somehow he manage to beat her, & only won cause she has the rules on her side
I was talking about Ichika taking a hit from Blue Tears while he's undeployed.
Glacium Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 01:33   Link #57627
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacium Frost View Post
Bad burns, got it.

LASER: Too heavy damage to consider for now, I need Ichika to be able to take a hit and survive while being physically active afterwards.

Neutral charge: Not this either.

Charged: People has survived lightning bolts before though, but I think it's safe to say it's unlikely he'll walk away from that.

So that leaves me with the idea of Ichika deploying his IS too late and ending up with wound serious enough to cause him pain years later but light enough that his physical capabilities aren't affected too much.

I was talking about Ichika taking a hit from Blue Tears while he's undeployed.
U forgot ichika survived WAY WORSE than that
Old 2015-09-10, 04:47   Link #57628
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Too dark? Or poor compatability? Or the fact that the sillyness of IS would overshadow the seriousness of Blade? C'mon, wavy.
- I've previously stated that I usually write fanfics for stories that I think had potential but fall flat (IS. Definitely IS). If I am completely satisfied with the story, I will not write a fic because I am happy with it.

Tekkaman Blade is one of those series I love and will not write fics for. I was happy with the TV run of the show and don't really feel the need to mess around with it. I may reference cues and elements of the series in fics I will write, but I will not write a Tekkaman Blade fic as there is absolutley nothing I can add that can make the series better IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer
Wave: Can any IS pilot be qualified for any of the Crosses or Medal of Honor in the case he show valor against Phantom Tasks?
- Nope. And you would have to define 'valor', as there have been many US Servicemen who went above and beyond what was required of their station but recieved their honors decades later (Discriminated against for being black, Japanese, Hispanic or even Jewish). Don't put much stock in them, as governments only award medals to look good, not to truly value any work that's done.

A Medal of Honor is a military honor only for a US serviceman that goes above and beyond the call of duty. So Natasha Fairs and Iris Calling can qualify, but not necessarily an US Representative Cadet (not military) or a non-US IS pilot.

A civilian or a non-US citizen can be awarded either the Congressional Gold Medal or the Presidential Medal of Freedom, so an IS Cadet Rep can be awarded these but NOT the Medal of honor.
Old 2015-09-10, 08:10   Link #57629
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Nope. And you would have to define 'valor', as there have been many US Servicemen who went above and beyond what was required of their station but recieved their honors decades later (Discriminated against for being black, Japanese, Hispanic or even Jewish). Don't put much stock in them, as governments only award medals to look good, not to truly value any work that's done.

A Medal of Honor is a military honor only for a US serviceman that goes above and beyond the call of duty. So Natasha Fairs and Iris Calling can qualify, but not necessarily an US Representative Cadet (not military) or a non-US IS pilot.

A civilian or a non-US citizen can be awarded either the Congressional Gold Medal or the Presidential Medal of Freedom, so an IS Cadet Rep can be awarded these but NOT the Medal of honor.
Just what I needed.

But the question still remain: Is the any government brave enough to reveal the existance of Phantom Tasks?
Old 2015-09-10, 08:30   Link #57630
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Just what I needed.

But the question still remain: Is the any government brave enough to reveal the existance of Phantom Tasks?
No, and I think they revealed why already. It causes a massive security leak, can cause panic due to people stealing equivalent forms of nukes from under the government's noses.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 08:39   Link #57631
SRW-Otaku

Have anyone noticed the Linebarrel-ish feel that comes from the Byakushiki?

Old 2015-09-10, 09:04   Link #57632
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

New flash: IPad in IS is called IPid

(Sugar and Honey ch. 9)
Old 2015-09-11, 06:30   Link #57633
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
No, and I think they revealed why already. It causes a massive security leak, can cause panic due to people stealing equivalent forms of nukes from under the government's noses.
- EG just like real-life governments: A bunch of idiots pretending to be in control when they can't even---(screams as he's Fultoned off the boards)

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-09-11 at 07:46.
Old 2015-09-11, 10:30   Link #57634
SRW-Otaku

Ahhhh MGS 5, I love thee so.

Old 2015-09-12, 06:40   Link #57635
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Catching up with the lastest Cinderella Girls reminds me that I haven't fleshed out the SHOOTiNG ST@R WHAM arc yet.
Old 2015-09-12, 07:19   Link #57636
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Catching up with the lastest Cinderella Girls reminds me that I haven't fleshed out the SHOOTiNG ST@R WHAM arc yet.
Just add the letter U after that WHAM and you'll get more flesh than you can ever ask for.
PS: Has anyone else gotten diabetes from the image of Charlotte singing Renai Circulation yet?

Old 2015-09-12, 21:07   Link #57637
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Just add the letter U after that WHAM and you'll get more flesh than you can ever ask for.
PS: Has anyone else gotten diabetes from the image of Charlotte singing Renai Circulation yet?
How does looking at that pic give someone diabetes?
Old 2015-09-12, 21:13   Link #57638
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
How does looking at that pic give someone diabetes?
You don't get the Seiyuu joke, did you Spoony? Such casual, much wut.

Old 2015-09-13, 00:01   Link #57639
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Sadly I can't seem to fit enough wham to wham but at the same time not go overboard because of the grimdark crapsack chuuni demon lord I sealed away a long time ago.

This comes after Houkis arc as well as the other idols who actually have important arcs so it makes it even harder to have any semblance of impact for Karon that isn't OOC.
Old 2015-09-13, 07:04   Link #57640
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
grimdark crapsack chuuni demon lord
- You think you have problems? I was trying to get away from my real life problems recently and installed X-Com enemy Within (on sale on Steam finally)

...I am just going to have nightmares about not having enough cover ot movement points go into overwatch when a horde of Chryssalids comes storming through planning to violate your wafius by turning them into zombies you must kill in three turns before they burst out in a bloody goop with a fully-grown chryssalid leaping out to raep you the very same turn oh my god I now imagined Dan and Ichika in X-Com gear cowering around a corner...GENIUS I CAN WRITE THAT GRIMDARK STORY NOW ANDwahahahahahahahaaa

(Gets Fultoned off the forums again)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest