AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 18:58   Link #561
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
Extra two ep might focus on Miya or Hibiki, i guess.
My left eye is twitching as I imagine 25 minutes of "Nii-Ni!" I understand her attachment to her brother but her habit gives me horrible flashbacks of a certain Houjo Satoko.
Old 2010-07-12, 20:36   Link #562
kujoe
from head to heel

A sensei arc would so come from out of nowhere, that I'd welcome it.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:56   Link #563
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
A sensei arc would so come from out of nowhere, that I'd welcome it.
Heh, I'm up for that one. I love how there always manages to be a hot teacher there. Like Shuffle.

I was at a convention and they were giving away free mini posters for shuffle, the one with all of the heroines in lingerie...the one with the teacher was the most popular. I wish I could put it on my wall, but that'd incite an unwelcome conversation with my parents.
Old 2010-07-12, 20:59   Link #564
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This thought crossed my mind quite a few times. I would worship this anime forever if Haruka eventually dumped Junichi for Miya.
Have definitely thought about that a couple times. It would be pretty hilarious considering how many times Haruka has shown interest in Miya. Too bad they won't go that far .
Old 2010-07-12, 23:48   Link #565
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have definitely thought about that a couple times. It would be pretty hilarious considering how many times Haruka has shown interest in Miya. Too bad they won't go that far .
*ahem hrrgg cough cough doujin cough wheeze* ah I need my meds
(wait a minute, I think I got that wrong >__>)

Wait, there's a hot teacher in this series? (goes scouring)

/me has some strange liking to the teacher template girls
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 00:00   Link #566
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
My left eye is twitching as I imagine 25 minutes of "Nii-Ni!" I understand her attachment to her brother but her habit gives me horrible flashbacks of a certain Houjo Satoko.
start calling child service b4 its too late
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:26   Link #567
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

I seriously think Amagami is going to need its own thread in " Current Series " 30 pages over 2 episodes? It's VERY hard to find this page after i close the tab. Anyway, hopefully conversations spur up like this every episode. I enjoy reading them.
coolasj19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 03:34   Link #568
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Wait, there's a hot teacher in this series? (goes scouring)
You're telling me you've missed her for the first two episodes? I don't believe it.
Old 2010-07-13, 05:18   Link #569
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You're telling me you've missed her for the first two episodes? I don't believe it.
It's a joke she doesn't fit the teacher template (hair tied 'round back, glasses, mini skirt, et-.....) so I ended up using my brain to memorize twin tails name we got to hear in ep 02 (yeah, I wasn't in here earlier during all that game talk and the arc talk I apparently didn't see until after ep 02 aired)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 07:01   Link #570
lixuelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This thought crossed my mind quite a few times. I would worship this anime forever if Haruka eventually dumped Junichi for Miya.
Haha yeah, this anime could have been a legendary troll anime

I kept getting Haru yo Koi vibes until the end of the episode 2.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 08:28   Link #571
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
It's a joke she doesn't fit the teacher template (hair tied 'round back, glasses, mini skirt, et-.....) so I ended up using my brain to memorize twin tails name we got to hear in ep 02 (yeah, I wasn't in here earlier during all that game talk and the arc talk I apparently didn't see until after ep 02 aired)
Yeah, she doesn't have big cleavage, but she is certainly alluring.
Old 2010-07-13, 08:43   Link #572
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasj19 View Post
I seriously think Amagami is going to need its own thread in " Current Series " 30 pages over 2 episodes? It's VERY hard to find this page after i close the tab. Anyway, hopefully conversations spur up like this every episode. I enjoy reading them.
It's doubtful Amagami SS will get one. Generally, only the really popular series get them. If there was an anime that would get one this season, it'd be High School of the Dead.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 08:51   Link #573
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Take a look at the High School of the dead - two eps and has over 60 pages. If any of the shows from summer season will get a separate show it will be it. Amagami is not that popular compared to it.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 09:07   Link #574
Wrath88
Kissing...

Regarding which of the two deserves a subforum, I have to say Amagami. The character discussion thread for each girl, plus a Junichi one, since he'll (hopefully) act differently each arc sounds much more viable then the character discussions over in HotD. Well, TBH, the sig/av request and the image thread would boom for that.

mangatron, I believe there is one for 'that' pairing, of course, same place as the other one.
Old 2010-07-13, 09:28   Link #575
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

Comparing Amagami with HOTD seems unreal to me as HOTD comes from manga while Amagami comes from a game. Plus, more people can get access to HOTD manga online while it is real hard to get a copy for Amagami game which further contribute to how popular HOTD is than Amagami in discussion board right now.

I know that Amagami already have several manga out there but given that current arc aired is morishima Haruka in which her manga is nowhere to be found, there is no way for us here to compare/discuss the manga version with its anime counterpart.
Old 2010-07-13, 09:37   Link #576
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Amagami's popularity will stem from the current heroine. There will be highs and lows. But I think making a sub-forum will encourage more discussion so I am all for it.
Old 2010-07-13, 10:23   Link #577
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Your join date says you're new here. Talking about "getting a subforum" in the thread just makes it MORE unlikely to happen. ONLY 30 pages and a very large portion of the content of those pages are one-line posts. Many of those border on invoking the "pointless", "nonsense", or "me, too" prohibitions on posting in the Forum Rules (2.1 and 2.7).

Be sure and read the Forum Rules (as we can see over the last few pages, a number of people need refreshing on them - they are enforced).

Observation of Animesuki practices over the last 4 or 5 years implies the series will have to get a lot more traffic AND the quality/complexity of the posts will have to rise substantially before the administrators decide to spend the labor time to create a subforum for any series. There were a number of series last season that had more heavily trafficked threads that did not meet the criteria.
Old 2010-07-13, 10:31   Link #578
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
Comparing Amagami with HOTD seems unreal to me as HOTD comes from manga while Amagami comes from a game. Plus, more people can get access to HOTD manga online while it is real hard to get a copy for Amagami game which further contribute to how popular HOTD is than Amagami in discussion board right now.

I know that Amagami already have several manga out there but given that current arc aired is morishima Haruka in which her manga is nowhere to be found, there is no way for us here to compare/discuss the manga version with its anime counterpart.
So? It has Amagami manga too which is released before anime. Not finished? But so is HOTD as well... In fact Amagmi has several mangas and a game while HOTD has only one manga.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 10:42   Link #579
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok enough off topic discussion on whether or not this series deserves a sub-forum. This thread is to disucss the anime itself not comparing it to HOTD or other popular anime. If the mods feel this deserves a sub-forum one will be made. Talking about it in thread does not influence our decision either way. Please get back on topic.

Any further posts will be deleted.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 10:46   Link #580
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

"-What are you hiding? Let's see... it's a book on dieting.
-How did you know?
-You know we've been friends since childhood, right?"

Understanding to the point of near telepathy? Arc 5 can't come soon enough. T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen