AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-01, 19:33   Link #5841
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Nice, do the Epyon new cuts show its dragon fang?
No it doesn't.

I just went through all 8 volumes that have been released before the Picture Novel, and none of them have the scene I'm refering to. It does show Epyon White's shield, and you can see that it's slightly altered from the original carried by Epyon.

Another thing to note is they have taken art from all the way up to the newest release when telling this story.

Does everyone remember how the first few volumes actually performed quite well? This Picture Drama seems to be Sunrise going specifically for that market. Like they went in with scissors (I say this because they even use pics of Adult Heero/Relena's Great Aunt for yet never state that isn't Relena/Heero) and took what likely caused all those fans to check it out before everything went completely insane and people dropped it.

Lastly, if they do indeed consider this as an important release, then this more then anything says that Snow White will NOT be a Wing, Proto Zero, or Zero duplicate. As I said it has a head jewel, in the vain of Wing Gundam TV and not the double V Fin/Sensor setup that the previous three make use of. Also it does not have a beard like Proto Zero/Zero TV. Granted most of this is already known, but the fact they went back and used the updated Buster Rifle and Snow White continue to has a Head Jewel instead of the double V/Sensor makes me hard pressed to believe that they will double back and give it Zero/EW head.

So when you combine that with it's Buster Rifle it becomes really weird that they stuck Proto Zero on the cover of book 8 when there is no way that could actually be Snow White.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2014-02-01 at 19:47.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 20:04   Link #5842
gordol
Banned

Can you post pics of snow white's head details and the new Epyon shield?

Warlock doesn't appear at all?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 20:30   Link #5843
FalsePrime

Quote:
Can you post pics of snow white's head details and the new Epyon shield?

Warlock doesn't appear at all?
It does, but it's for a very brief period of time. There is nothing we can really glean from the pictures, they are largely unaltered from what we've seen, and while all of them are fully colored they do a good job of keeping anything hidden.

As for pics, I can try to take a couple cell phone pics if everyone wants. Though there is really no point, the Snow White shots are out there. It's just easier to see the design they have going when its on the big screen and HD. I went back to look just encase, and two things of note for SW's head.

The Jewel isn't just in the vain of Wing's, the shape is pretty much identical, and while it can't be said for sure, it does look as though it could very well have a single V making the forehead almost exactly that of the TV Wing. Could be a call back in the same way Proto Zero is to TV Zero? As it is, in this story line Wing TV is the only Wing that doesn't exist in some form since this carries on after EW. As it stands, we might have the ultimate Wing suit come completely 180 and look similar to the original Wing instead of Proto Zero like many speculated.

Another thing is, we see the after math of Snow White firing the Rifle and the Virgo 4's. Some people where confused, it doesn't just shut them down, it fries them completely, to the point these things are falling apart at the seams. Again, this info is out there, but when put into the context of the PN, it at least seems to me we get much more of a feeling how Sunrise is going to keep things going forward.

A downside is the blast looks like the TBR charged shot. There is no different colors going on or any crazy beam. Just a giant golden/orange beam that rips out of the barrels.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2014-02-01 at 20:45.
Old 2014-02-01, 20:33   Link #5844
gordol
Banned

I'd like cell phone pics of head and the 2 new Epyon ones(focus on the shield)
Old 2014-02-01, 20:45   Link #5845
Halberd
ARX-6

I'd like to see Snow White, if it's possible
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 20:55   Link #5846
FalsePrime

Quote:
I'd like cell phone pics of head and the 2 new Epyon ones(focus on the shield)
Will do. I will edit them into this post.

This is the first of the two Shield images

This is the second, just a zoomed out version. Now, you will likely need to be very familiar to the Gunpla, and if you are you will notice that the shield has been slimed down and has lost multiple spiked egdes that hung off the sides. Usually I would chalk this up to just artist liberty, but a later Image of Epyon Original shows the shield to be pretty much unchanged, so this actually seems to be a design change instead just a lack of details for this particular shot.

I did indeed take down my Master Grade Epyon EW to compare this shot to, and anyone else that has one should be able to see the differences that I'm talking about. We knew that there would be a difference given the Trident seems to be housed in the shield, but I hadn't expected the style change to go alone with it.

This is a zomed in look at Snow White's head. As I mentioned this is a Jewel, there is no mistaking this and in no way can this be the traditional Zero Double V/Sensor. Also take a good look at the chin, while the fabric wraps around, it doesn't appear that it's a full beard, something that only Proto Zero and TV Zero have. These two things combined elimate the chance that this thing is a color swap of the unit like many speculated.

lastly it retains the White under eyes that Wing TV had and ditches the red of the EW version. Also as I mentioned the Eyes are no longer the trademark Wing Green but have been replaced by a Blue/Turquoise. Though this is a bit harder to tell because of the cell phone picture. Thing is it easily comes through, as other suits have the green and it's very clear and easily distinguishable from the color that Snow White has.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2014-02-01 at 21:40.
Old 2014-02-01, 21:39   Link #5847
gordol
Banned

Good work bro! thanks a lot!

Epyon's White Shield is VERY different indeed.

Anime when?
Old 2014-02-01, 21:51   Link #5848
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Chances are the drama is just dialogue cut from the novel itself. That's what they did with the drama CD that came with Gundam Ace ages ago.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 21:54   Link #5849
FalsePrime

Another thing to note for people that care.

Not all the art actually comes from the novel. As I said, they took Heero (Pol) and Katerina (I think it was her) dancing in space and overlayed it while talking about Heero/Relena, almost as if they are saying fuck the nonsense Sumizawa did with Heero/Heero Clone and Cross dressing doctor stuff.

I bring this up because several of the Epyon White shots aren't taken from novel, but the W Concergie pic we had. Not only this, but there is back to back shot with Epyon OG that is similar but as far as I know completely new, and shows off the Epyon in a pretty awesome pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Chances are the drama is just dialogue cut from the novel itself. That's what they did with the drama CD that came with Gundam Ace ages ago.
It completely is.

The thing is, it benefits from EXTENSIVE editing. I had once brought up that if they ever did anything with FT it would be heavily edited, and this seems to be the case.

Just for those that are interested the characters that show up.

Heero Yui
Chang Wufei (Actually it starts with him launching in Epyon White)
Father Maxwell (He is kinda the central character in which everything revolves.)
Kathy Po (Works with Duo, brings him tea while they work together relaying info to Pilots and giving information to the audience. Not the starter character, and not even attempted to act like the lead at the start)
Relena Peacecraft (Shows up with someone, obviously Noin, but she is not shown by face and just pores Relena tea)
Fenrir/ Duo Jr. (Works with Heero as previously seen, doesn't have alot of lines but the great thing is both he and Duo feel unique from one another.)
Trowa Phobos (Addressed as Phobos by Katy, and he is relaying information on Mobile Doll Location for Heero to use when using Buster Rifle/Seven Dwarves. Possible, but I didn't actually hear them address it ever as the Dwarves, at least not in English, it was repeatedly called Buster Rifle.)
Female Quatre (Seen on a Plane/Structure introduced right after Wufei finally Engages Zero System 2.0 to battle Epyon OG. Kathy is extremely relieved, and the VA do a good job having a little moment between the two of them.)

One thing I would like to say, the Heero/Relena thing when Relena asks him to kill her is done in a way that makes it come across much better then how it was presented in the novel, or at least the snipits we got. It isn't a crazy Relena like from the show trying to get him to kill her, but a Relena who is asking something hard from someone she respects and cares for. The plot point of Heero being able to kill her isn't great, will never be, but it certainly comes across as something she feels she needs to have happen instead of just her crazyness.

Same goes for Heero, the VA between them make it so it isn't something like his constant "I'll Kill Yous" but something much more somber and it's a really good moment between Heero and Relena.

This is probably my last post/edit. I don't think this will lead to an anime, I've never really believed we would get one. However this is very much presented as the first in what will be something, be it more Audio Dramas, Picture Novels, or something more I don't know. There will most certainly be a follow up, and if this keeps up, it will be guided by someone at Sunrise who picks things that can work, and be improved on while trimming all the horrible fat that Sumizawa has brought along for the ride.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2014-02-01 at 22:11.
Old 2014-02-01, 22:12   Link #5850
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
The thing is, it benefits from EXTENSIVE editing. I had once brought up that if they ever did anything with FT it would be heavily edited, and this seems to be the case.
But it's not really editing if you're just pulling out the dialogue... 0_o

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2014-02-01, 22:15   Link #5851
gordol
Banned

Yeah that was the best part of the novel, reading the Epyon VS Epyon fight got me hyped enough to see it animated.

The way Snow White is all bandaged up like a mummy tells me it was their plan from the beginning not to reveal it until a major story event(read anime). And now with Heero out of the picture for now in the latest chapters, I finally accepted we won't see either it or Warlock any soon...
Old 2014-02-01, 22:16   Link #5852
FalsePrime

Quote:
But it's not really editing if you're just pulling out the dialogue... 0_o
I'm not sure I agree.

Editing is as much a process of removing what doesn't work as it is changing what isn't working into something else.

Taking out the garbage has allow for much better story flow and pacing and that is as major part of the editing process as going in and changing individual words to work better. Maybe I'm wrong though. Still what they've done, be it editing, idea removal or what have you, has effectively made a better product by omitting what wasn't working and focusing on what could.
Old 2014-02-01, 22:20   Link #5853
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

If anything it's merely an excerpt from a written piece, if you want to be technical. But, until I can view/listen for myself I'm basically speculating.

I'm half excited for the Preventer 5 drama haha

Old 2014-02-01, 22:39   Link #5854
FalsePrime

Quote:
If anything it's merely an excerpt from a written piece, if you want to be technical. But, until I can view/listen for myself I'm basically speculating.

I'm half excited for the Preventer 5 drama haha
Well I hope to hear your thoughts on it Deacon. At least the VA added something that just reading it lacked, it brought a certain soul, something that Duo Sr. needed very much to make him feel like the Duo from before.
Old 2014-02-01, 22:57   Link #5855
gordol
Banned

FalsePrime that pic of a guy inside a cockpit with an Epyon System helmet is Heero or Wufei?
Old 2014-02-01, 23:10   Link #5856
FalsePrime

Wufei.

Heero when piloting is shown wearing the Preventer uniform. Wufei seems to have taken everything from Trieze, including the cockpit and suit design when building Epyon White.

Much like Duo, Wufei hasn't been fully revealed. However you can tell they've aged him by the way he speaks through out the event.

That is something I did forget to mention, the new graphic for the Zero System is pretty nice. I hope to see them bring it forward should they ever use FT in G Generation or SRW.
Old 2014-02-01, 23:11   Link #5857
Tendou Souji

So they are calling it 2.0 now? What else does it do besides the projections? Do they go into detail? Blue and purple are great colors for Snow White's head and makes it different from the other Wing suits. Gives me hope for a great design that isn't too much of a rehash. But the whole bait and switch they pulled with the volume covers is disgusting.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 23:15   Link #5858
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

ZERO System 2.0? Is there any hint that it's the same ZERO System 2.0 used by the Gundam Lucifer in Tiel's Impulse? That ZERO System 2.0 gave better and more detailed information at the cost of brainwashing the pilot into going down the visions it produces, unlike the show's ZERO System, which only urged them to go down those paths.
Old 2014-02-01, 23:16   Link #5859
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Wufei.

Heero when piloting is shown wearing the Preventer uniform. Wufei seems to have taken everything from Trieze, including the cockpit and suit design when building Epyon White.

Much like Duo, Wufei hasn't been fully revealed. However you can tell they've aged him by the way he speaks through out the event.

That is something I did forget to mention, the new graphic for the Zero System is pretty nice. I hope to see them bring it forward should they ever use FT in G Generation or SRW.
Could please post the Zero System new design? If I'm not asking too much
Old 2014-02-01, 23:20   Link #5860
FalsePrime

The covers are incredibly strange, I can't imagine why they did it this way.

The only thing that makes sense is that Zero Treize's brother is piloting is the one behind Heero, but that doesn't really work.

As for the 2.0, no they don't call it that. 2.5 was a Zero System variant that was used inside Seraphim Gundam while Lucifer Gundam had Zero System 2.0. I just call it 2.0 because the novel did say it was upgraded from how it was in the TV Show, wether it is using the OZ based tech used to create Zero 2.5 or 2.0 I have no idea.

It's just with the new way the system acts, calling it Zero System creates a problem because of all the variants and how different it is now compared to Wing Gundam Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
ZERO System 2.0? Is there any hint that it's the same ZERO System 2.0 used by the Gundam Lucifer in Tiel's Impulse? That ZERO System 2.0 gave better and more detailed information at the cost of brainwashing the pilot into going down the visions it produces, unlike the show's ZERO System, which only urged them to go down those paths.
Nah, as I mentioned there is nothing to say one way or another if this is an evolved form of Zero 2.0 or 2.5. It's just so advanced that simply calling it Zero System doesn't work because of the huge amount of differences between TV and Frozen. If anything it seems as though Sumizawa has taken the idea of a Zero 2.0 presented in Tiel's Impulse because of the Zero in FT having a similar increase in abilities. Whether or not he makes the connection between Teil's Impulse and current System could go either way.

Quote:
Could please post the Zero System new design? If I'm not asking too much
Sure, but I will do that tomorrow if that's okay. I've already watched it four times and I rather not put my wife through it a fifth. I'll grab a screen of it tomorrow while she is at work.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing