AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-09-29, 18:47   Link #41
Ending

Just finished watching this movie (Dawn of the Dead) right after 24 Weeks Later, both of them being zombie movies even though the latter is about living people becoming berserk. Kinda enjoyed of both of them, but it seems like it wasn't the zombies who were the slow and dumb ones...

Quote:
what would you do in such a situation?
If I had been one of the people fortified in the mall, in the Dawn of the Dead, I would had made pretty damn sure that every hole and possible intrusion point was blocked. Then I would divide the mall to sections in case they would get through somehow: this way only one section would be lost instead of whole level. This would be complemented with pre-practised escape routes.

Then I would kick out the infected (4), old (2), and smart-mouthed (1) people. I wouldn't rush after the stupid ones either, who decide to leave the base on their own and totally unannounced for a silly dog. I would also ensure that the supplies last as long as possible and that everything necessary was being protected (...e.g: generator...). Taking ladders to the roof would be a good idea too if some people wanted to come in.

Speaking of necessities, I would also bridge the gap between the mall and the gun-shop right after securing the mall to get the guns, ammo, and the sniper instead of playing chess. Perhaps by telling the sniper to get things ready at the door and then getting the truck before too many zombies arrive. With the ammo and food in the mall, eight people could hold out for a year -a real luxury in a otherwise annihilated city. During that year it would be easy to thin out the numbers from the roof, with the spare ammo, and come up with a practised plan for escape.

Of course, most of this wouldn't happen, since the other fellows would place me to the same cell with the guards... But it would be pretty fricking sure that I wouldn't follow them to the boat after they lost half of their men and most of the mall for nothing. It would had been just plain stupid going with it after the guard listed all the blatant faults and while the second floor of the mall was secure. Let the natural selection do the work...

2am, by the way, and not afraid the slightest. Anyway, I hereby proclaim this topic alive again. You know: in the biting way.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 19:03   Link #42
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Let them bite me.

Hey being a zombie is cool to.
Trogdor Jube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 07:50   Link #43
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

go to Japan and collect some good girls, Busujima Saeko (High School of the Dead), Natsume Maya (Tenjo Tenge), Tsukamoto Yakumo(HSR) and then begin to start the civilization from Zero oops almost forget. get some brunnette from europe. oh why only 4. because my religion prohibit to own a wife more then 4.
Old 2007-09-30, 20:18   Link #44
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
If zombies were to take over, I'd like to have some vectors (those invisible arms from Elfin Lied) and just dismember every zombie I run into...I'd be untouchable
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 21:22   Link #45
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
go to Japan and collect some good girls, Busujima Saeko (High School of the Dead), Natsume Maya (Tenjo Tenge), Tsukamoto Yakumo(HSR) and then begin to start the civilization from Zero oops almost forget. get some brunnette from europe. oh why only 4. because my religion prohibit to own a wife more then 4.
i am athesit so i don't have a limit

1. steal bus and guns.
2. gather as many cute girls as possible
3. fine a good place to run to (close to frsh water)
4. try to repopulate the world.
Old 2007-09-30, 23:02   Link #46
Kyomi
What do I know?

I'd just use the T-Virus to make my own army then square off against the other zombies.
And if anything goes wrong, I'll just write it off with a few Tyrants.
Old 2007-10-09, 18:15   Link #47
lenneal

I would so fight them to te death with a flame thorwer in my hand and a bottle of whisky in the other
lenneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 21:57   Link #48
Pell14

i got no balls, i will probably drink some poison and sucide
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 18:47   Link #49
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
If you're that concerned about zombies, then you shouldn't read Walking Dead or Marvel Zombies... Robert Kirkman is the zombie master of the comics!

...and the sad part is, I can't keep events of both titles out of my head!

I would recommend them!!!!!!...

Is a very realistic view of how humans could cope with this type of horror, this is a very good read and have a lot of depth regarding human psychology under specific situation…in fact, 28 weeks later has similar elements of Walking Dead.

And, I think reading this book, people could have a real taste how would you behave in an extreme situation.
Old 2007-10-19, 00:33   Link #50
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I would go the route of Shaun of the Dead.

It's zombie time...

Last edited by Takeru; 2007-10-19 at 17:52.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 16:10   Link #51
Hotaru Suzume
Ten oorlog!
*Artist

I can only hope I have more rage than fear inside me. I'm not sure exactly what I'd do, in such a situation I would work on impulse rather than planning. Though chances are I'd just be caught off-guard on the computer.
Hotaru Suzume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 17:58   Link #52
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oh! Oh! I know--- I'd pretend I was a zombie too. I'd stumble around like a drunk guys and mumble, "Brains.... BRAAAAAAAINS!"
Old 2007-10-21, 00:59   Link #53
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Oh wow... 3 pages of Zombie nonsense How did it come to this?...

Anyway, I can't say much of those who'd be scared of the whole situation. Seriously, though the topic of Zombies is really just ficticious, imagining hordes of undead, injured, mutilated and horrendous people coming after you is just something a normal person wouldn't react nicely to. Personally, it's not like I don't have weapons at home - I have Katanas that could be sharpened in no time and the ability to use them to a basic level, knives and all the other common utensils you could arm yourself with if in need. But the problem is to actually get a chance to use them. In a situation like that, you have either two choices: Flight or Fight. Fleeing is probably meaningless because, even if you can lose the group pursuing you, there'll be a next one in no time. Fighting would be a better choice until you get completely exhausted and couldn't even walk or run anymore. I guess a more realistic answer to the "What would you do" question would be suicide, though I'm not normally that weak and probably wouldn't do it anyway.

But then, you could always simply go nuts and have a hero from [insertanimehere] incarnate upon you and give you the strength and ability necessary to fight for as long as it's necessary. I guess that in the event of choosing to stand my ground and fight, I would probably try to reach the closest possible Military installation, which is likely to be filled with supplies and weaponry already. Adding traps and sensors to the surroundings and setting up a battle and multiple escape plans. Like in 28 Days Later, the surviving army personnel set up claymore mines all around their stronghold. Not only it would be an effective defense, but also a nice way of letting you know they are there. And, obviously, trying to find a way out, if there is one. A global outbreak would be fairly unlikely, and you can always move to a deserted island somewhere and hope the virus would lose its power or whatever and they stopped attacking.

But again, I never understood why movies with Zombies/Berserk humans don't have'em eating and attacking their own kind. I mean, come on, if they feed on human flesh then wouldn't there be a lot of it in other zombies? Probably not fresh, but even I am not that picky when it comes to the freshness on my chocolate-chip cookies, so why should a zombie be?

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 02:54   Link #54
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

You are either a Girl or not American...Because we all know that is the Male American Dream Right there.
Old 2007-10-22, 09:11   Link #55
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
answer: conquer the world. with my evil genius-like skill and intelee... intelie... int-- smartness, i shall create my zombie army and enslave the remains of human society. then i'll make holidays named after myself!!! *evil laugh, points to the sig*
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 12:35   Link #56
Hotaru Suzume
Ten oorlog!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
answer: conquer the world. with my evil genius-like skill and intelee... intelie... int-- smartness,
The word you appear to be after is spelt "intelligence".
Hotaru Suzume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 13:46   Link #57
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Anyone play Half Life 2?
Their answer to zombies was a giant upward-facing rotor that spun. You could duck under it, and any zombies that approached it would just get beheaded by the spinning blades.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 16:21   Link #58
ToxicNarcotic
Fun Drunk

Send a message via AIM to ToxicNarcotic
In the unlikely scenario that zombies took over the world, your best bet would probably be getting some buddies together and then proceed to barricade yourself in the nearest Super WalMart. It has everything you need, food, beer, water, guns and ammunition, entertainment, etc.
ToxicNarcotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 16:42   Link #59
Thrasher187
Spellcaster
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Thrasher187
A Wal-Mart stronghold would be a bitter-sweet idea because stores like that would be the fist places looters will go to for supplies. If their group is organized enough, your stronghold will be taken over. But that can also be a good thing. As long as you don't fight the looters and try to be diplomatic, maybe you could move to a better stronghold with this organized group.
Thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 21:19   Link #60
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoud View Post
The word you appear to be after is spelt "intelligence".
dude, obviously.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote