Notices

Old 2004-03-15, 05:51   Link #41
Tsuki_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
It's not a belief. It's reality.

///_^

And I shall ask a question to answer your question,

When did Vancouver people start beliving the canucks were part of the Original 6?

Heh heh heh. The cup doesn't belong anywhere except in the hands of one of those teams. Oh wait. Toronto is one of those teams! Muahaha! Besides, Go Canucks Go sounds lame. Go Leafs Go is where it's at.

At least "Go Canucks Go!" is grammatically correct.

Unlike a certain "Leafs" team. ^_~
Tsuki_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 10:18   Link #42
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

With a 4-1 victory over the Coyotes at home, we are now 6 points ahead of the Canucks in the northwest division.

Code:
Northwest division

Colorado   93
Vancouver  87
Calgary    82
Edmonton   74
Minnesota  68

Northeast division

Boston     91
Ottawa     90
Toronto    88
Montreal   85
Buffalo    71
Old 2004-03-15, 10:46   Link #43
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki_Phoenix
At least "Go Canucks Go!" is grammatically correct.

Unlike a certain "Leafs" team. ^_~
Yeah well, at least Leafs sounds like a word.

OKAY. MOVING ON...

Today the leafs are playing Buffalo, my cousin's favourite team. Now, I'm gonna bet 5 whole dollars that the Leafs will get it together by this point and win.

Edit by Dranz: I thought today was still Sunday. ///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 13:01   Link #44
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Lord Stanley's Cup is coming to Philadelphia this year.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 13:13   Link #45
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I'm a Mighty Ducks Fan. GO DUCKS GO! Although they're not doing well this season (they were awesome last season). I think it's because they traded away one of their best players: Paul Kariya...damn. I'm a secondary Canucks fan also. And damn it, they lost one of their players also. Sigh Bertuzzi, why didn't you think before you act? I heard Don Cherry say in Coach's Corner: "If you got a beef with someone, you do it Face-to-Face. That's Canadian Way. You don't sucker punch...etc". Something like that, and I fully agree with him. Nevertheless, I'm still a fan of Bertuzzi, because he's too damn good lookin'.

However, if the bets are down, I'd put my chips on Tampa Bay Lightning in the Eastern Conference, and maybe the Colorado Avalanche in the West. Of course, I'd still be cheering for Canucks.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 13:15   Link #46
wnkryo
HainShodan

You here about that guy who guy got a broken neck becuase some ass sucker punched him?
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 13:54   Link #47
Hoshi_Phoenix

*cough* dont call bertuzzi an ass << >> <<

Dranz, "Canucks" is a word, it means Canadians just like "yankees" means americans
Hoshi_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 14:34   Link #48
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Phoenix

Dranz, "Canucks" is a word, it means Canadians just like "yankees" means americans
Sorry about that. I'm not really into NHL so I guess I shouldn't of called "bertuzzi" an ass. Although I thought it was still very messed up what he did.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 14:45   Link #49
Hoshi_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Although I thought it was still very messed up what he did.
true, it was very bad what he did, and he payed dearly for it
suspended for the rest of the season without pay, fined half a million dollars... the club also had to pay a hefty fine
Old 2004-03-15, 15:49   Link #50
Tsuki_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Phoenix

Muahaha. ^_~

---------

Yeah...I accept that Bertuzzi can be called an ass for what he did...which IMO was very silly indeed.

But at least he was sorry....Poor Canucks.

Lost their best player and still had to pay a fine on top of that....

Oh well. At least next season they can make up for it by winning the cup. ^_~

Shame I don't bet....because otherwise I'd bet on some of those games....^^
Tsuki_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 17:40   Link #51
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Only 3 games tonight (Monday) :

• Toronto Maple Leafs (38-22-9-3) at Buffalo Sabres (31-31-6-3) <- crucial game for the Leafs.

• New Jersey Devils (36-22-11-2) at New York Rangers (25-34-7-6).

• Carolina Hurricanes (24-30-13-4) at Atlanta Thrashers (28-34-7-3).
Old 2004-03-15, 17:50   Link #52
Thelastguardian

Sigh I missed the introductory posts of this thread.

Anyway how could Bertuzzi do something like that :| Canucks was one of the more powerful team in the west division. How could he messed up like that.

<-Canucks fan

To be honest though, Canucks has no chance of winning now, they would be lucky if they even got into the playoff. Their moral is as low as they can possiblely be as of now. Someone would need to pull a miracle to get them back into shape.

As for Toronto Leaf, all i can say for their chance of winning the cup is...zero with or without Canucks
Old 2004-03-15, 18:22   Link #53
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
I know it's a word. To me it just sounds like a word someone made up 5 minutes ago.

Also, I bet on two of the most boring teams to watch in the NHL to win their games, The Devils and the Hurricanes.

p.s. Lame Dranen. You might as well have just used your regular username. It's so obviously you.

Old 2004-03-15, 22:37   Link #54
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Sigh I missed the introductory posts of this thread.

Anyway how could Bertuzzi do something like that :| Canucks was one of the more powerful team in the west division. How could he messed up like that.

<-Canucks fan

To be honest though, Canucks has no chance of winning now, they would be lucky if they even got into the playoff. Their moral is as low as they can possiblely be as of now. Someone would need to pull a miracle to get them back into shape.

As for Toronto Leaf, all i can say for their chance of winning the cup is...zero with or without Canucks
Canucks never had a chance this season, with or without Bertuzzi. Why? Because they have Cloutier in net. The guy's not a playoff goalie. Just look at last year. He had a save percentage under .900, which will definitely not win you many games.

They should have seriously traded for a better goalie. I think they should have tried getting Kolzig from the Caps. Sure he's not at his best anymore, but he has gone to the cup finals.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 12:05   Link #55
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Monday's scores:
  • Maple Leafs 6 - 5 Sabres (OT) <- miraculous comeback for the Leafs being lead 5-2 by the Sabres after two periods.
  • Devils 3 - 1 Rangers
  • Hurricanes 0 - 1 Thrashers (OT)
Old 2004-03-17, 00:33   Link #56
Iron Monkey

Sweet, my Flames just beat the Red Wings 4-1. Go Flames go!!!
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 21:35   Link #57
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
Hopefully, with the win that puts the Flames into the playoffs. The Flames seem to have a lot of tallent. Could be an interesting playoff with the Flames. It was only a matter of time before the Wings lost a game. Better to loose against a team that needs the wins.

Go Wings.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 22:32   Link #58
Hoshi_Phoenix

Quote:
p.s. Lame Dranen. You might as well have just used your regular username. It's so obviously you.

what, im not allowed to change my username sometimes? O_o

she made me come!!! *points at tsuki*

ah well, even if the canucks don't have as much chance im still cheering for them ^__^ fans arent supposed to jump off the bandwagon when their team starts running into trouble
Old 2004-03-17, 23:41   Link #59
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
Monday's scores:
  • Maple Leafs 6 - 5 Sabres (OT) <- miraculous comeback for the Leafs being lead 5-2 by the Sabres after two periods.
  • Devils 3 - 1 Rangers
  • Hurricanes 0 - 1 Thrashers (OT)
Hah hah Sway...I mean Elvenpath, but you forgot to mention Mogilny's 1000 career point, the only other russian to do that is Sergei Federov.

p.s. Dranen, it gets a lot suspicious when I notice 3 members of tnk come here and change their usernames. Obviously wanted to mess with my head a bit. It was hard to figure out Rulz, PJ was really easy to find (I knew it was her when she posted as Shiori because that's the name she uses when e-mailing me), and you were obvious with Dranzer and the fact you don't post in anime.
Old 2004-03-18, 00:54   Link #60
Hoshi_Phoenix

Quote:
p.s. Dranen, it gets a lot suspicious when I notice 3 members of tnk come here and change their usernames. Obviously wanted to mess with my head a bit. It was hard to figure out Rulz, PJ was really easy to find (I knew it was her when she posted as Shiori because that's the name she uses when e-mailing me), and you were obvious with Dranzer and the fact you don't post in anime.
mess with your head? ahh... thats funny
its not like some kind of detective game :P and am I not allowed to come to other forums or something? (if you are looking to solve something, you only "found" me, rulz, and pj... )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canucks 2 - Predators 2... awww

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup