AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-01-22, 02:03   Link #41
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
One of the girls seem to have come from the hospital after recover from injury, so that fight that caused the injury must have been a hard one for them.
Given her and Kyrie's antics (and she's Kyrie just like the leader is Leona SCREW the idiotic sub names) I'd assume she got shot down mostly for her idiocy and recklessness.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 10:07   Link #42
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
According to someone on Reddit, that was done at the request of the licensor.

No, I don't know why anyone would want that.
Well, arguably no Japanese who has their hearing intact, would ever bother with subs on their anime. So the licensor could just simply be ignorant about how bad the subtitles looked, because it doesn't affect them personally at all.
Old 2019-01-27, 15:04   Link #43
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Episode 3.

Well that was interesting. Lots of different plane types involved and some tactics for both air combat and ground defenses.

Spoiler for Elite:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2019-01-27 at 16:29. Reason: Plane types.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 17:49   Link #44
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Side Note: Can the thread title be corrected to "Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai"? in case people are searching and miss it in a search engine because its misspelled?
Old 2019-01-28, 02:30   Link #45
4th Dimension

Aircombat bit was fun. What is less so is they are still sticking to the annoying bit where the MCs are the only ones that know how to shoot down the enemy, the rest of the friendlies seem to be bots there just to be shot down.

Which makes it REALLY BS for the friendly group chief to say how this brought back their confidence they can defend the town... DUDE, the only thing you managed to do is make the enemy use up their ammunition...

Also the bit with taking the Raiden up in the air and using up ALL of it's ammo without hitting SHIT. And Mayor was supposed to have been an expirienced pilot. How the F do you boom and zoom this badly...

Also, the way the enemy in the end stole the Raiden is... probably the stupidest thing I have seen in this show so far and that would include human sized seagull in an uniform... Basically the writer pet trope was in FULL effect.

Old 2019-01-28, 03:06   Link #46
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Losses were light this time for the friendly NPCs. Perhaps they did stuff off camera. But they were not only outnumbered, but very much out dated. Type 97s verses Type 1-Mark 3s? The girls at least were almost even in tech with the enemy. They had older models of the same planes (Type 1-Mark 1s).

Kill ratio was around 2:1, slightly more in favor with the heroes of course. (13:5 on screen +1 stolen fighter), though the enemy unit could have lost more off screen. They came with somewhere between 20 and 30 planes, but left with seven of their starting craft visible. (They didn't bring all 40 planes the guy claimed they have...that would be silly to leave their base undefended).
Old 2019-01-28, 05:52   Link #47
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

So this time it's....

11 vigilante + 6 Kotobuki + 1 Mayor + anti-aircraft batteries VS. 30+ pirates

Seems kind of bad this time with one of the squad actually being shot down. I wonder how they would get back the stolen plane on the next episode?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-28, 14:55   Link #48
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Side Note: Can the thread title be corrected to "Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai"? in case people are searching and miss it in a search engine because its misspelled?
Thread title changed.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-29, 21:25   Link #49
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Apparently the loop Kate pulls off is something the Germans used to do to British pilots during the war. Mainly because it was a maneuver their planes could handle but the British plane's engines could not operate inverted with a g-force like that.
Old 2019-01-30, 04:17   Link #50
4th Dimension

Yeah, early Spits didn't have fuel injection or something so they like a lot of early engines would cut out if exposed to negative Gs.

Old 2019-01-30, 12:20   Link #51
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, arguably no Japanese who has their hearing intact, would ever bother with subs on their anime. So the licensor could just simply be ignorant about how bad the subtitles looked, because it doesn't affect them personally at all.
Speaking of hearing, does the audio for this show seem lower or something....

Quote:
The enemy had a clear advantage at the start, but since it was the first group that took the brunt of it, the general dogfighting tend to take away the advantages that type of plane would have over the girl's planes. At that point its more down to their skill than to the planes. They are suppose to be really good (thus not just MC status, but also they have a fairy impressive kill list stated with just five of them). They did seem impressed by the enemies skills were better than what they are use to fighting, and where it rich man's fighters.
10/10 skill for sure though, not even bothering to fly top cover for wingman, gain height advantage or other basic stuff like that. Especially when their own aircraft are so outclassed by virtually everything else

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-01-30 at 12:32.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 08:31   Link #52
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Speaking of hearing, does the audio for this show seem lower or something....
The studio intentionally lower the volume for anything that isn't plane acoustics.
Old 2019-01-31, 11:52   Link #53
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The studio intentionally lower the volume for anything that isn't plane acoustics.
O______o

I can barely hear the voices without turning up my speakers
Old 2019-02-04, 01:19   Link #54
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's so when the planes fly by, you really notice the sound design. There are several moments in the show where they is only, or nearly only airplane noises in the dogfights. Even the music will stop for a bit.

Also, headphones are your friends with shows like this.

Episode 4 is out.

Just how strong is Zara? Is she a cyborg or something with that strength, experience, and ability to hold her liquor? To use an old Sailor Moon meme, Zara has 'talent'.

"New" airplane is a Mitsubushi Ki-57 transport. Also known as the MC-20-I in civilian use or the Army Type 100 Transport Model 1 (Allied Reporting name was "Topsy". Could be a Type II with better engines, but I don't know how to tell that externally at a glance.

The Magnificent KOTOBUKI added to Crunchyroll lineup.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2019-02-04 at 01:20. Reason: Triple post
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 06:34   Link #55
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 4:

That flying in the cliffs made me a little nervous. Zara is good at doing infiltration work, she could work as a spy or something similar to that. Anyway, did not expect the artist to be actually a girl - ok, I like her drawing of cute cat.

Did not expect the boss of the group to be a bit of a nice guy too. A happy end I guess, they got back the stolen plane + the boss and his few loyal men who remained won't be doing bad things anymore.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 09:40   Link #56
4th Dimension

I have to wonder where did she misspend her "youth" given what she knows

This is probably the first episode I didn't really have issues with. Well the canyon run was silly and they ran it waaay too quick and didn't really need to get into it to chase that guy, but eh. I'll give it to them

Another girl added to her "girl in every airport" I guess

Old 2019-02-04, 10:38   Link #57
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Magnificent KOTOBUKI added to Crunchyroll lineup.
The linked article also mentions that Sentai has licensed the show and is streaming on HIDIVE as well. Thread prefix updated with licensing and streaming info.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 10:45   Link #58
Dop
Mmmm....

It is nice to watch this with readable subs (and no allcaps NAMES) now it's on Crunchyroll. Always found Hidive's subs can get lost in the background all too much.

Zara drinking all the guys under the table was brilliant.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-04, 20:04   Link #59
Top Sergeant

This show keeps getting better. Vodka AND gin together? Crap no wonder she put all those guys under the table! She's going to need a liver transplant one of these days. Nice portrait of her too.

Looks like we go to a city next week.
Old 2019-02-05, 01:35   Link #60
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
This show keeps getting better. Vodka AND gin together? Crap no wonder she put all those guys under the table! She's going to need a liver transplant one of these days. Nice portrait of her too.

Looks like we go to a city next week.
Not to disparage her but the girls in those "have a drink with me here,sailor" establishments are usually given watered drinks. So that was mostly a test of her bladder.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote