AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-10, 13:07   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait, if the father is half-youkai, doesn't that make you quarter-youkai? and not half-youkai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But damn, what kind of bully kidnap the whole family of the bullied? That part of the writing really feels straight from the 90s

Truly beautiful, no?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 14:10   Link #42
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well, they probably just didn't keep in touch, though I really wonder why.
it just a guess but i think the dream butterfly which we seen in the preview is connected to the losing memory that happend to setsuna and meybe others
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-10, 18:02   Link #43
Alchemist007
*Author

Straight up yakuza wannabes, hopefully just written out now because talk about decades old tropes.
Old 2020-10-10, 19:50   Link #44
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Now this was an actual new story rather than the adaptation of Takahashi's oneshot. Beniyasha seems to most fun character but it's a shame she barely part of the story. The animation is good but the fight coreography is quite lazy despite the studio's reputation. They just clash weapons like Rinne (which was a comedy). However, I'm scared of the timetravelling stuff after seeing what Clamp did to Syaoran and Sakura years ago.
Old 2020-10-10, 20:49   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The animation is good but the fight coreography is quite lazy despite the studio's reputation. They just clash weapons like Rinne (which was a comedy).
The original show was also like that after it passed season 1 (after ED 1 changed). That is one of my many criticism of Inuyasha: boring fights. Despite it being Sunrise production, the fights don't have the energy & creativity of post-90s Gundam TV shows' fights, even compared to lesser Gundam like AGE:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Or the early-2000s Gundam SEED:
YouTube

So yeah, I don't really have high hopes for the fights in Yashahime to reach Gundam anytime soon.
Old 2020-10-10, 20:53   Link #46
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

While did think that Kaede and Grandpa Higurashi would still be alive
Old 2020-10-11, 03:20   Link #47
elior

Quote:
The original show was also like that after it passed season 1 (after ED 1 changed). That is one of my many criticism of Inuyasha: boring fights. Despite it being Sunrise production, the fights don't have the energy & creativity of post-90s Gundam TV shows' fights, even compared to lesser Gundam like AGE:
YouTube

Or the early-2000s Gundam SEED:
YouTube

So yeah, I don't really have high hopes for the fights in Yashahime to reach Gundam anytime soon.
about why all of them don't remember each outher i think it has something to do with the dream butterfly
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 13:41   Link #48
alex_drian

Quote:

The fights in Inuyasha after certain point where limited to sword-beam spam, as unlike other action series of anime the power-ups of Inuyasha and even Sesshoumaru where basically dependent of the swords. They have good exchanges of action sometimes and hey, at least the sword powers where cool.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 15:56   Link #49
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
YouTube

Oh, they start with the centi-lady like the original. Neat. But damn, what kind of bully kidnap the whole family of the bullied? That part of the writing really feels straight from the 90s . And the dialogues feel a bit to exposition-y.

I gotta say, the OP & ED don't really live up to the original show but the protags are not infuriating so far. So that makes up for it.
Newtype magazine says centipede monster is a descendant of the one defeated in the old series.

The bullies kidnapped the family following their delinquent leader.
Old 2020-10-13, 06:19   Link #50
EroKing

The ED

YouTube

Official video.

YouTube
Old 2020-10-17, 07:07   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Oh look, another pretty enjoyable episode. Kinda half expected that Towa's main weapon to be a beam saber (I swear that's not a Gundam reference ). But Thankfully, the fight is not a boring one as Setsuna shows more skills & tools even compared to her demon hunter predecessor, Sango. Plus, she doesn't need to swing around an unwieldy giant freakin' boomerang which was an eyesore in the original show.

So....Sesshoumaru raised the girls Spartan-style huh? Why am I not surprised? And Setsuna can't sleep & dream anymore?
"Hey Jigglypuff, come here for a sec! We got an audience for you!"
Old 2020-10-17, 12:07   Link #52
Tenzen12

Quite surprised Moroha being pretty much most levelheaded and wise of three, especially given her parents were anything but. I am fairly sure she's gonna be my favourite character of show.
Old 2020-10-17, 12:37   Link #53
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Anyone else notice that beam blade Towa can form looks like the Tessaiga?
Old 2020-10-17, 14:29   Link #54
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 17:20   Link #55
Alchemist007
*Author

The circumstances usually are random. It's neat that this show seems to be trying something a bit different with three female leads but they're all a bit different. Also cool to see the other characters like Souta as adults having moved on with their lives.

Spoiler for ep 4 preview:
Old 2020-10-17, 17:54   Link #56
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sesshomaru reminds me of Piccolo this episode.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 21:01   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Souta seeming pretty chill letting 2 more girls just crashing at his place
Old 2020-10-17, 21:18   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Souta seeming pretty chill letting 2 more girls just crashing at his place
Well, technically-speaking, Moroha is his niece and Setsuna is his niece(-in-law?) who is also the sister of his adopted daughter, Towa, who is technically also his niece(-in-law?). So they're family .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Quite surprised Moroha being pretty much most levelheaded and wise of three, especially given her parents were anything but. I am fairly sure she's gonna be my favourite character of show.
To be fair, Kagome can be pretty insightful when she's not in stupid tsundere mode.
Old 2020-10-18, 10:07   Link #59
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice episode. I'm having some confusions here. When Kagome went back in time to live with Inuyasha, did it mean that she had to say goodbye to her family forever or something? That part of the original series confused me considering it felt weird as she for some reason spent her life as a teenager forever in the modern world as the timetravel stuff was sealed. Here her daughter traveled to the future like nothing.

Also, I'm kinda confused how long does this series take place after Inuyasha considering that while Kaede is still alive, the main characters look like teens (remember Inu is around 50 despite also looking like one).
Old 2020-10-18, 10:50   Link #60
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Nice episode. I'm having some confusions here. When Kagome went back in time to live with Inuyasha, did it mean that she had to say goodbye to her family forever or something? That part of the original series confused me considering it felt weird as she for some reason spent her life as a teenager forever in the modern world as the timetravel stuff was sealed. Here her daughter traveled to the future like nothing.

Also, I'm kinda confused how long does this series take place after Inuyasha considering that while Kaede is still alive, the main characters look like teens (remember Inu is around 50 despite also looking like one).
They are 14. Since they weren't born till after the epilogue chapter that was episode 1 which seems to have taken place I would gage 5 years after Inuyasha so minimum 19 years later.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote