AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Shuffle! Memories Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 3.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 10.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 23.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 23.73%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 10.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 8.47%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 6.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-11, 18:55   Link #41
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I guess I'll bite the bullet and watch it, even if it does suck. I'm beginning to feel left out.
Old 2007-01-11, 19:44   Link #42
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
At the end of the day it was just a recap - though i pretty much enjoyed it. I haven't rewatched the series in a while, so it felt good to remember all those amazing memories. Hearing the music within the series - instead of by its self was pretty epic, the music for this series is what i love most about it, so i'm a very happy person to know its here to stay yet again.
Strange I enjoyed it too, although I didn't that much first season when I watched it. I approved ending though. Now it reminded how much my tolerance for those kind jokes and harem things has grown that I could even laugh a bit when I was before just . Maybe I could enjoy more about first season if I just start it again

First I got feeling that this might be second season feeling because of recap thing, but then I thought if its just first season from everyones POV. So I don't think this has much value. I might take it to listen through time to time.

Last edited by Anacone; 2007-01-11 at 20:10.
Old 2007-01-12, 00:02   Link #43
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Yes, the off-model artwork was jarring throughout this overview episode. When the series originally aired, you could tell that the character art was undergoing minor and moderate shifts back and forth as different teams worked on the episodes (not counting the final episode - that was a collapse, not a shift).
You know, it's funny. Originally I thought Shuffle was actually pretty well animated (for an ero-game conversion). It wasn't AIR by any means, but it seemed above average. After watching the recap, wow, was I wrong. I think I must have been affected by DCSS and Lamune's truly horrendous animation. Shuffle's was just as awful. I mean, most ero-game conversion animation is poor, but just like the characters changed personalities from arc to arc, they also changed designs apparently at the same time. Benibara-sensei had two different bust sizes in the same scene. Nerine's ears, bust, and facial shape changed at least twice. Character heights change from scene to scene, just weird.

All of that being said, seeing Kareha still brought a smile to my face. I just hope Asa's mini-arc is heavily sprinkled with "My my my"s, but after getting shafted with the Shuffle House! mini games, I'm not expecting much.
Old 2007-01-12, 02:55   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What is utterly amazing is the idea the director that that sort of chopped hash effect of splicing the animations together was *okay*(??????). I had kind of the same recollection as rooboy and it was a bit disturbing to see some of the clips from episodes I liked looking so offbase, sometimes from second to second.

... maybe we've been Kyo-anized... but I think not. See, shows like Lamune and Petopetosan had limited animation.... but it was fairly consistent throughout the series (or at least on-model mostly).

The real test will be the edit-splicing vs new stuff in the mini-arc for each girl ... this could explode on them ... in a bad way. I thought the amount of airtime Kareha's little sister was impressive... almost more than Kareha for screen time (some impressive spit-takes from Asa in that sequence where Kareha reveals her inner motives ).
Old 2007-01-12, 16:18   Link #45
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Since I only watched the introduction for Kaede I think this episode is worth a perfect 10.

Other than that I got to say that the new OP was a letdown, since they decided to use the same ED they should have used the same OP with the same animation.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2007-01-13, 04:39   Link #46
Pakxenon
popcorn

New OP: Needs more listenings.
Rin-kun: Thankfully not Kyonified nor Yuuichified. Though it kept me entertained throughout all 22 minutes.
Recap: Boring.
Kaede: GO!!!

I anticipate another episode 19. 6/10 if only for the slightly funny commentary on all the characters.
Old 2007-01-13, 17:43   Link #47
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

meh recap, not very exciting >< 6/10 nothing to discuss (:
Old 2007-01-13, 20:45   Link #48
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Not much to talk about here. I gave it a 1. I liked the first series, but Memories is not starting on the right foot.
Old 2007-01-13, 20:47   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

To many people are under the impression that Shuffle! Memories would be a complete new series.
Old 2007-01-13, 21:16   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ true...i blame mislead information but for a full recap on the first ep...that is overkilling it a bit for old timers egarly waiting to watch this...hence the criticisms ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-13, 22:05   Link #51
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
To many people are under the impression that Shuffle! Memories would be a complete new series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ true...i blame mislead information
I just simply don't know where the misleading information came from, though. They've always said that this would be a director's cut of the original show that would stay focused on the same 5 girls, with a new OP and some new scenes. Somehow this got turned into who knows what people thought it'd be. Even some of the people who've been here all this time, and thus have heard that bit of news many times, are now acting like they've been living under a rock and are surprised that the show is a recap. It's really quite baffling to me...
Old 2007-01-14, 04:34   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oddly, the first ep is like "we're going recap before we do the recaps".
I guess I was assuming they had cleaned up some of the animation quirks in the DVDs (I'm also assuming they're using the DVDs as source.....).
Well... we'lll get a flavor in the next few days for what each mini-arc is going to be like in terms of presentation and editing.
Old 2007-01-14, 06:47   Link #53
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

question which may need a spoiler tag:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-14, 06:48   Link #54
Bloodseeker

*heard that this show was nothing but a recap for the first series*

Oh man, something tells me that this series is going to get shat on from start to finish, and for months if not years to come afterwards.
Old 2007-01-14, 07:08   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I just simply don't know where the misleading information came from, though. They've always said that this would be a director's cut of the original show that would stay focused on the same 5 girls, with a new OP and some new scenes. Somehow this got turned into who knows what people thought it'd be. Even some of the people who've been here all this time, and thus have heard that bit of news many times, are now acting like they've been living under a rock and are surprised that the show is a recap. It's really quite baffling to me...
well i guess there wasnt enough "in your face" comment saying that there isnt going to be anything new in terms of plot line ~ i still remember seeing post asking what its gonna be about near the airing of memories...but i personally would have preferred a sequal or alternate route plot ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-14, 08:13   Link #56
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

The fansub's available to download now. Just google for it. Since torrents hate my guts and I hate them back, I was betting I'd have to wait a while BUT I FOUND A DIRECT DOWNLOAD!!!!! At least something good's happened to me after my pen drive broke and vista went emo and killed itself along with all the anime on the same hard drive. Back to XP on my laptop. **sighs**
Old 2007-01-14, 12:13   Link #57
Jaden

One can seriously wonder what I'm doing on these boards, don't know that myself...
I only watched the first few episodes of Shuffle! then quit...I didn't like it all that much, but this was also because I had many other quality anime to watch at the time and was only home at weekends to watch it all. If it aired now I might be bored enough to watch it all the way.
Hey, maybe I should watch this episode just for education...and then I could give a rating from the perspective of someone mostly oblivious the the events of the first season.

Okay, what should I say...this recap explained backgrounds and personalities of important characters in great length. There's a lot of characters and they are well introduced. The scenes that were apparently being flashbacked, well, some were funny, some were useless, necessary pervertedness wasn't kept at the minimium which is good. There should be no confusion as for what this show is about. In the next episode though I'd like to see something more than just narration, at least foreshadowing of [what is there yet to show that is so great the show must be remade].
The success and necessity of this episode depends a lot on what is to come. But I think it served it's purpose well enough for a 7/10.

Last edited by Jaden; 2007-01-14 at 13:33. Reason: watched it
Old 2007-01-14, 15:17   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I just simply don't know where the misleading information came from, though.
Well, a lot of people just heard the news of a new Shuffle! series, and just thought straight away a new series - yay! Even the title of the series Memories gives away what they show plans to do.
Old 2007-01-14, 15:59   Link #59
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Um, is anyone else having problems with the links on the Anime Suki main page? I click on the links to Memories and I get a 404 error.
Old 2007-01-14, 16:22   Link #60
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well it worked for me the other time.

Well, the misleading information might come from the fact that I don't believe there's anyone amongst the sane to comprehend that they're actually running the SAME season again, with reused footage and some vague promises of extra scenes (or episodes) they could have included in the DVD releases in the first place. Not only that, but it's half the episodes now, so it even is a QUICK rerun with reused footage, not a full remastered one. What do they seek to do? Remind us of it? Sell more DVDs of the same footage to people incomprehensible enough to actually buy them?

The only LOGICAL reason I see is that they thought they messed it up last time, but I doubt that's the case, or they'd have released a decent Soul Link adaption first, since Shuffle can almost stand on its feet.