AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-02, 12:11   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Why would Law save Dolfamingo? He's been trying to kill him this whole arc. Not to mention, he's currently cuffed to the chair.

Doffy will survive thanks to his devil fruit.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:17   Link #42
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why would Law save Dolfamingo? He's been trying to kill him this whole arc. Not to mention, he's currently cuffed to the chair.

Doffy will survive thanks to his devil fruit.
Maybe he has friends or family that are held as slaves by Doffy's family and he wants to use doffy as a bargaining chip.

but most likely it is Doffy's own DF that saves him.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:27   Link #43
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Maybe he has friends or family that are held as slaves by Doffy's family and he wants to use doffy as a bargaining chip.

but most likely it is Doffy's own DF that saves him.
Maybe he used his controlling abilities to make Law use Shambles on him?
Old 2014-04-02, 12:30   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Maybe he used his controlling abilities to make Law use Shambles on him?
if he has that much time, he would have gotten out of the way.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:30   Link #45
coded321
He Who Games

how would doffy's DF save him? how can a power that makes strings allow the user survive decapitation? Anyone have any ideas or theories?
Old 2014-04-02, 12:35   Link #46
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
how would doffy's DF save him? how can a power that makes strings allow the user survive decapitation? Anyone have any ideas or theories?
As was already speculated by others, maybe his body is a "puppet" by itself...
Old 2014-04-02, 12:51   Link #47
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Or just use it like the bara-bara fruit but instead of pieces, turn into threads - in which sense, he just un-knitted his neck...or something.
Old 2014-04-02, 12:58   Link #48
II Maestro

Doflamingo probably has someone from his crew who has a weird ability to transform into someone else, Seeing how Sugar, Diamante, Seņor Pink have weird Devil Fruit abilities.

I had to confirm it the first time I read it to make sure that its not Kinemon who was disguise as Doflamingo in the past chapter~! (LoL!)
Old 2014-04-02, 13:13   Link #49
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
This ಠ_ಠ

Doflamingo probably used Law to chop his body up into pieces before Law left the crew, and now he is controlling the parts with strings.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:27   Link #50
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Oda should reveal the details of Doflamingo's devil fruit already, it's been too drawn out.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:37   Link #51
unameit

lots of baffling issues:.

1. why did curos cut his leg instead of the chain? surely with his power he's capable of cutting the chain!?!

2. Not a fruit user so how on earth curos could still be able to move that fast and long distance with just 1 leg?

3. Doflamingo got his head cut off!?! was that on purpose? or just caught off guard? obviously he was distracted by sugar news but still ridiculous when he's supposed to have haki and curos wasn't really silence in his movements as he probably used his sword as make up leg.. Really curious to see how oda restore beheaded dofla, hopefully not something stupid.. anyway, it kind of puts sanji to shame..
Old 2014-04-02, 13:44   Link #52
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
lots of baffling issues:.

1. why did curos cut his leg instead of the chain? surely with his power he's capable of cutting the chain!?!

2. Not a fruit user so how on earth curos could still be able to move that fast and long distance with just 1 leg?
1. The material is tougher than diamond
2. Rayleigh and Shanks are normal humans and yet are one the strongest in the series. So, cheer willpower and training.
Old 2014-04-02, 13:49   Link #53
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chidorimen View Post
Doflamingo's life fibers will keep him alive.
thought the same but if it really happens i will really be disappointed with sensei.
Old 2014-04-02, 14:49   Link #54
itachi29al

If you look at the page Dofla notices he is going be attack and notice who is attacker is. I find it hard to belive that he would not move out of the way if he had time to recognize both he is being attacked and who is attacker is. My guess he formed a plan in that moment and realized it would be easier to pull off if everybody thought he was dead. That would be a cool alternative story arc structure to what were used to if the main villain was dethroned 1/2 through and the next half is the villain attempting to take back what is his. Or hell he may just try to destroy derossa period, to cover his sins. Anyway, dofla power level has been demonstrated too high to be taken out like this unless you want to argue Kyros is like Yonkou, strength, as from what we have seen that about what level would be necessary to one shot dofla, if even. Keep in mind Dofla is always the manipulator, his power highlight his personality in that sense. Im sure he has a back up plan, but perhaps going of the radar will be useful for a bit, especially considering what just went down.
Old 2014-04-02, 15:44   Link #55
marvelB

I'm still really iffy on the idea of Law being the one to save Doflamingo from Kyros' wrath. As I said earlier, I don't think Law had the time to pull off the same fake sea stone trick he used at Punk Hazard, and even if he were being manipulated, can Dofla really manipulate people to the point that he can even abuse their DF powers? I dunno..... that seems kinda convoluted to me.

But no matter what method is used, I think it's still fair to say that Dofla will survive this. This is basically the equivalent of Eneru getting "killed" by Wiper's Reject dial, after all (and we all know how THAT turned out!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I can't recall a single time in One Piece ever where a villain and his faction was so thoroughly screwed to the balls before Luffy & co even fights the big bad.

I mean, regardless of what happens, Dofla and his men are completely and utterly screwed.

Yep, poor Doffy's already in a tub full of hot water as it is. And unfortunately, I doubt any number of connections (including his world noble background) is gonna save him this time!
Old 2014-04-02, 15:50   Link #56
imza

Dofy has to be alive, there is no way they Oda would kill him off so easily but I suspect there will be some break between when they show him dead and when he resurfaces.

I was also excited to see Sabo showing off his power, he seems insanely strong. I'm still curious to see how he will fit into this battle, he seems stronger than Luffy and so it wouldn't make much sense for him to fight someone weaker than Dofy.
Old 2014-04-02, 16:48   Link #57
Rainbowman

Very epic indeed.
Old 2014-04-02, 17:12   Link #58
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So how exactly did Sugar pass out?
Old 2014-04-02, 17:20   Link #59
Crystal Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Because Doflamingo is still more valuable right now alive. Remember the real target is Kaido, not Doffy. The main reason he was originally targeted was because he was Kaido's Smile supplier and ally.

Law wants him incapacitated but not out. He still has info Law needs, and will initially serve as the focus of Kaido's rage.
That is only true for Luffy and his crew. Law has made it quite clear that Doflamigo is his real target.
Old 2014-04-02, 17:31   Link #60
Homura7

10 years of work down the drain because of one deranged, nightmare fuel inducing grin. The irony in this is big.
Closed Thread