AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 2 4.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 22.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 32.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 22.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-23, 03:14   Link #41
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFHAXBBQ View Post
Hmm? I love the new slutty Siesta.
i luv her too... and thank god that louise has a competiton i hope that saito will reject siesta in critical time...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-08-23, 06:22   Link #42
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Oh wow. Siesta in a sailor uniform. Makes me feel kinda bad for Saito, actually. He really wants stuff from home, and wants to see home, but it was his own decision to stay. >_>

And yeah, I have to agree, the slutty Siesta is irksome. She's trying too much. >_<

I don't think this episode really advanced the plot, though, that much. Yeah, we went to war, and then voila, it's a week later and we've won a battle. O.o Oookay... Kinda fast there. Then move right into something that may or may not be related to the overall picture.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-23, 07:09   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Then again, he didn't stay because he decided he preferred the magic world after all. He stayed because he thought Louise needed him to save her life. And he was right, too.

I feel quite sympathetic to his homesickness.
Old 2007-08-23, 09:47   Link #44
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Then again, he didn't stay because he decided he preferred the magic world after all. He stayed because he thought Louise needed him to save her life. And he was right, too.
True, but he had the opportunity nonetheless.

Old 2007-08-23, 10:54   Link #45
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i think he didnt left,because he didnt want to leave louise behind... i loves her.. he admited that in a very perverted way
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2007-08-23, 11:06   Link #46
Echoes

He didn't leave because he wanted to save Lousie, that much is a given. He probably would have left if she hadn't been in so much trouble, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her, after all, his entire family and all of his friends are in the other world, it's a lot to let go off just to be with a girl who whips you every night.
Old 2007-08-23, 12:20   Link #47
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
But whom you love as well... Remember that one as well... Louise is annoying (in anime it increased few times) yet Saito still likes her above Siesta or Henrietta no matter how much they could be better than that tsundere girl.
Old 2007-08-23, 14:26   Link #48
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Am I the only one that thinks saito and siesta look like brother and sister when they stand together...Makes it kinda creepy really...

Poor louise needs a new shtick though...The whole blowing up stuff was ok in the first season, but lets get alittle more original punishments going hun? The whipping is always a classic though...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-23, 14:57   Link #49
DonSuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Am I the only one that thinks saito and siesta look like brother and sister when they stand together...Makes it kinda creepy really...
I think thats kinda the point... They are both of Japanese origin.
Old 2007-08-23, 15:08   Link #50
asdffdsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
He didn't leave because he wanted to save Lousie, that much is a given. He probably would have left if she hadn't been in so much trouble, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love her, after all, his entire family and all of his friends are in the other world, it's a lot to let go off just to be with a girl who whips you every night.
I don't think he would have returned to Japan. I think he would have changed his mind at the very last minute once he realized what returning to Japan would truly mean, and I almost think he was just being stubborn--testing her to see if she really wanted him to go. Just look at the dream he had in the beginning of the first episode: (After realizing Louise didn't return with him) "A Japan without Louise...Even if I came back, it's meaningless!" (Proceeds to scream "Louise!" while crying his eyes out ... lol ).

And, yes, a really desperate Siesta is starting to get annoying. It's kind of an aweful thing resorting to exploiting his perverted weaknesses just because she knows she cannot compete with Louise when it comes to love. Given that her efforts are obviously futile, I think she's just trying to draw Saito and Louise away from each other.

But all Louise really needs to do is wear that neko/cat costume hinted at in the mid-scene of Episode 7, and all of his lustful thoughts of any other woman will instantaneously disappear . Actually, I sort of hope this happens, as it would make for some very hilarious circumstances .
Old 2007-08-23, 15:50   Link #51
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFHAXBBQ View Post
Hmm? I love the new slutty Siesta.
I'm not liking it. It seems too much of a sudden transition. In Season 1, she's all shy and stutters when she tries to express how she feels about Saito, but now she's all bold and slutty. Too awkward. Besides I'm rooting for Henrietta (I haven't read the novel).
Old 2007-08-23, 16:27   Link #52
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Neutralizer, actually season II siesta is closer to novels Siesta than Season I Siesta. But only on a certain point. Season II really overdid with her slutiness, yet you have to know that Season I overdid with her shiness as well... In novels Seista isnt excatly shy girl, she has manners yet she also has a certain edge to her.

Season I screwed up her portrait (mostly because of that Seasta centred filler episode that wanst originally in the novels) portraying her differently from novels. Now season II actually is closer to real Siesta but overdoes it.

asdffdsa, seeing Louise in her cat costume would be interesting, but concidering how these guys cut out (or simplify) Louises scenes this might not happen.

and yeah you hit the point that Japan without Louise is meaningless for Saito, as we have seen in his dream. Too bad that their relationship in anime has been dumbed down and is not moving anywhere really.
Old 2007-08-23, 16:35   Link #53
OMGWTFHAXBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuma77 View Post
i luv her too... and thank god that louise has a competiton i hope that saito will reject siesta in critical time...
Louise already has competition.

Henrietta and Siesta.

Old 2007-08-23, 16:40   Link #54
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Neutralizer, actually season II siesta is closer to novels Siesta than Season I Siesta. But only on a certain point. Season II really overdid with her slutiness, yet you have to know that Season I overdid with her shiness as well... In novels Seista isnt excatly shy girl, she has manners yet she also has a certain edge to her.

Season I screwed up her portrait (mostly because of that Seasta centred filler episode that wanst originally in the novels) portraying her differently from novels. Now season II actually is closer to real Siesta but overdoes it.

asdffdsa, seeing Louise in her cat costume would be interesting, but concidering how these guys cut out (or simplify) Louises scenes this might not happen.

and yeah you hit the point that Japan without Louise is meaningless for Saito, as we have seen in his dream. Too bad that their relationship in anime has been dumbed down and is not moving anywhere really.
Ah I didn't know that since I don't read the novels. I can see why people complain about how ZnT is a horrible adaptation of the novels, especially in this case, since the transition between Siesta in Season I and Season II was too abrupt.

Something definitely needs to happen between Louise and Saito. Episode 4 was good progress imo, but at the end of the episode, it was reset. Every episode with Louise whipping Saito and treating him like a dog seems to be getting old. They better get to the war soon.
Old 2007-08-23, 18:34   Link #55
asdffdsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralizer View Post
Something definitely needs to happen between Louise and Saito. Episode 4 was good progress imo, but at the end of the episode, it was reset. Every episode with Louise whipping Saito and treating him like a dog seems to be getting old. They better get to the war soon.
I have this bad image of nothing happening until the end of episode 11, or only in episode 12. That, or something happening in episode 8, but being reset once again.
Old 2007-08-23, 21:27   Link #56
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

I'm really disappointed about the lack of magical depth to this show. It started out with a great premuse, but now magic is just crap, plus the humor is getting old really fast. I was a little hopeful since they seemed to be getting serious about saito and louise, but now its just gone back to what it was first season, they dont even have any actual drama between siesta and louise.
Old 2007-08-24, 13:22   Link #57
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm really disappointed at the lack of Tabitha and Kirche!

altho I really like Siesta in sailor uniform

but then I would really really love Agnes and Henrietta in a sailor uniform
Old 2007-08-24, 17:35   Link #58
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'm really disappointed at the lack of Tabitha and Kirche!
Yes, this is terribly frustrating.

Old 2007-08-24, 19:49   Link #59
hamstar
just passing by

i just marathoned through season 1 and now caught up to finishing ep7.

I agree that the series is starting to take a turn. In season 2 they started introducing female guards like agnes, that pretty boy, etc and they are 'trying' to develope them by giving a quick 30 second intro into their past. Thing is....most of us dont care about agnes or her revenge sub plot. It's lame and distracts us from what we are really watching the series for - louise beating her boyfriend like a dog.

When I watched lucky star and was introduced to this tsundere thing i was completely unaware of what they were talking about. After watching this series i can see why it's such a popular female architype.

First episode of Season 2 where louise beats down saitou because of his attraction to other girls.......that's as deep i want this anime to be, not really about some female knight and her revenge plot, it's hella boring.

Having said that, this is TYPICAL of japanese manga/anime. A love story about 2 people that cant admit their love for each other. Ranma 1/2 is a classic example of this, although I think this series is putting out results in that department much better. The introduction of new characters is also typical in anime like this. They need distractors from the love plot so you dont get sick of it. The only problem is the distractor plots and characters are totally lame.

by the way when is ep08 raw coming out ?
Old 2007-08-24, 20:18   Link #60
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
by the way when is ep08 raw coming out ?
ZnT is shown on Sundays (or was it Monday morning, I forget), but the sub is usually out by Monday afternoon.
Closed Thread