AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-12, 11:52   Link #41
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

So the next chapter is " Heaven ", huh ? Anyone hope for Zeorymer of the Heaven to appear in it ? I would love to have more super robots in Z3-2. It's the final part of the trilogy so it's should be epic like Alpha 3. Alpha 3 have enough super robots that I had to bench Great Mazinger .
Old 2014-01-12, 14:49   Link #42
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
So the next chapter is " Heaven ", huh ? Anyone hope for Zeorymer of the Heaven to appear in it ? I would love to have more super robots in Z3-2. It's the final part of the trilogy so it's should be epic like Alpha 3. Alpha 3 have enough super robots that I had to bench Great Mazinger .
more like Heaven prison 天獄
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 14:50   Link #43
Destined_Fate

I would love for it to appear in Z3.2 for the big finale against Ba-al. Would great if we got GGG and Mazinkaiser SKL(alongside Shin Mazinger Z) too.

Both Aquarions should meet and do a double mugen punch.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 10:49   Link #44
Destined_Fate

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...4/01/srt79.jpg

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...4/01/srt78.jpg

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...4/01/srt77.jpg

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...4/01/srt76.jpg

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...4/01/srt75.jpg

Hmm... Interesting development. Flashback scenario or will he be running around?

Maybe Blade and Shin Great Mazinger will appear in this or Z3.2?
Old 2014-01-22, 12:39   Link #45
Kirayuki

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201401/23046773.html

Images
Map
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Tag Battle System

2 new systems

Tag Tension and Tag Command :Fighting as a Team will allow you to earn Tag Tension which can be used for Tag Command (Continuous Move, Bonus PP, Bonus Chip, SP Recover). Tag Tension can be filled by achieving either of these two conditions (1. Main unit and Sub unit total kill count is a multiply of 2 or more. 2. Either Main pilot for the Main unit or Sub Unit level up). Achieving either condition will get you one Tag Tension, and Tag Command will be available if you have 2 Tag Tensions

Tactical Combo : When you defeat an enemy unit, the Combo Gauge will gain point. Continuously destroying the enemies will add more into Combo Gauge (with the maximum being 5), if you fail to destroy the enemy unit the Combo Gauge will go down. The higher your Combo Gauge, the higher the bonus you can get. Bonuses are increased final damage and Z Chip you can obtain from defeating enemies. This system applies to all of your allied units in battle
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 13:17   Link #46
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post

Images
Map
Erm, that map layout is the directly-above 2D layout that they use in the handheld SRWs to save on memory and data space with the handhelds' more limited capacity, as opposed to the 3D multi-angle map layout used in every console SRW game since the Playstation......
Likewise, the character/mech sprites are the head-only type also used on the handhelds to save memory and data space, as opposed to the full-model 3D models used on consoles.

That had better not be a final-version map screenshot. This is supposed to be an HD level game for the PS3, not an old handheld or even just the PSV.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2014-01-22 at 13:34.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 13:32   Link #47
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post

Images
Map

Images
Tag Battle System

2 new systems

Tag Tension and Tag Command :Fighting as a Team will allow you to earn Tag Tension which can be used for Tag Command (Continuous Move, Bonus PP, Bonus Chip, SP Recover). Tag Tension can be filled by achieving either of these two conditions (1. Main unit and Sub unit total kill count is a multiply of 2 or more. 2. Either Main pilot for the Main unit or Sub Unit level up). Achieving either condition will get you one Tag Tension, and Tag Command will be available if you have 2 Tag Tensions

Tactical Combo : When you defeat an enemy unit, the Combo Gauge will gain point. Continuously destroying the enemies will add more into Combo Gauge (with the maximum being 5), if you fail to destroy the enemy unit the Combo Gauge will go down. The higher your Combo Gauge, the higher the bonus you can get. Bonuses are increased final damage and Z Chip you can obtain from defeating enemies. This system applies to all of your allied units in battle
GG more ways to break the game.
Z series for going for easiest SRW system record again.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 13:44   Link #48
Kirayuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That had better not be a final-version map screenshot. This is supposed to be an HD level game for the PS3, not an old handheld or even just the PSV.
It's not surprising for me, really. Back during the first trailer, it was clear they were only improving from the engine that was used for the Z2. I kinda expected the map would follow the same. At least, we are getting Twin/Partner system back.

But I have to agree this kind of treatment is not worth as PS3 game (when even Z1 on PS2 did the standard console map with its semi 3D). I will probably be getting the Vita version instead.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 14:14   Link #49
KBTKaiser

for Tengoku, I'd expect they use the transportation/transfer kanji and write it as 転獄.

if part 1 is time, part 2 is space
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 14:39   Link #50
Destined_Fate

Yes, we're getting Squads again!

Pictures make me most happy!

The fact we're getting Squads/Pairs is a valid enough excuse on why this isn't on the PSP considering how pushed back they were already with Z2.1/2.

Huh? Kallen and C.C. are there... So they'll be joining earlier than Zero and Suzaku yet again? Fine with that, though Kallen is going to be even more stupidly broken since she'll be starting with her final mecha.

-

Makes sense if Part 2 is Space considering that's where they'll fight Ba-al and his/her/it's army.

-

They better have a lot of secret mecha and stuff this time around. That was one of my huge dislikes about the awesome Z2 Saga. That and the game was pretty easy if you knew somewhat what you were doing.
Old 2014-01-22, 16:35   Link #51
Gundamx

Quote:
Erm, that map layout is the directly-above 2D layout that they use in the handheld SRWs to save on memory and data space with the handhelds' more limited capacity, as opposed to the 3D multi-angle map layout used in every console SRW game since the Playstation......
Likewise, the character/mech sprites are the head-only type also used on the handhelds to save memory and data space, as opposed to the full-model 3D models used on consoles.

you have to thank Vita for that
(limit = 4gb)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 17:39   Link #52
Destined_Fate

Vita is more than powerful enough to handle better mapping.

They chose to use a improved, though minor, Z2.2 map scheme as it saves them a ton of money to recycle as much as they can.

Look at Gurren Lagann standing next to that much more detailed and improved Space King Kittan model.
Old 2014-01-22, 19:15   Link #53
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I can't tell exactly, is that Angelo's Geara Zulu?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 19:47   Link #54
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

More info about partner system:

Quote:
-the tension gauge increases every three(?) units defeated by the team (every time the combined amount of units defeated by the team on the map surpasses a multiple of 2, literally)/every level gained
-after the gauge increases 2 times (by doing the above) you can use a tension command
-tension commands selectable are : 2*PP, 2*Z Chips, 15 SP regained, Continuous action

-tactical combos are when a team defeats a team ->another/the same team (continuous action) defeats a team
-every enemy defeated consecutively gets you a 5% increase in damage, money and Z Chips, up to 25%
Old 2014-01-22, 20:04   Link #55
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
More info about partner system:
I have a bad feeling that this new system will just make the game much easier. And the map lay-out really disappointed me. It doesn't look fit to be called a PS3 SRW game. I mean we have 3d map for PS2 title! Freaking old PS2! And this is the first episode of the final part of Z series, they should make it look as epic as possible.
Old 2014-01-22, 21:03   Link #56
Destined_Fate

We're getting Kallen early in the game with her best Guren.

I was fully expecting this game to be an even easier stomp than Z2.2 even before we got info on that.

They could but why spend that much money on that? Rather they just make better animations between the Mecha, fluid and quick loading(Which the far more simple map provides), and MOAR secrets! Mecha, Items, Upgrades, Mecha Add-Ons, and ect!

I need MOAR!!!!
Old 2014-01-22, 22:56   Link #57
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
I have a bad feeling that this new system will just make the game much easier. And the map lay-out really disappointed me. It doesn't look fit to be called a PS3 SRW game. I mean we have 3d map for PS2 title! Freaking old PS2! And this is the first episode of the final part of Z series, they should make it look as epic as possible.
No game can be easier than @3.

Also, this could be the reason, or they are just being cheapstake since SRW sales have been in decline. PS3 version could just be the afterthought.

Quote:
It's announcing that the Vita version of Z3 Time Prison, that was originally going to be download only, will now be getting a physical release, too. It'll be launched on April 10th like the other versions. It wasn't announced until now because they were working on data compression methods for the packaged copies to make sure nothing was cut in terms of content. It'll have everything, including the SRW HD Remake code for preorders.
I found it's silly that people are complaining about the map when we're getting HD sprites of the games.
Old 2014-01-22, 23:31   Link #58
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Fortunatelly I prefer 2D map over 3D map.

So which one is true about Tactical Combo? "When you defeat an enemy unit" OR "tactical combos are when a team defeats a team"?
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 01:43   Link #59
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
you have to thank Vita for that
(limit = 4gb)
I know. >.> *points to the last line of previous post*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Vita is more than powerful enough to handle better mapping.

They chose to use a improved, though minor, Z2.2 map scheme as it saves them a ton of money to recycle as much as they can.

Look at Gurren Lagann standing next to that much more detailed and improved Space King Kittan model.
That would work for the PSV.

But not as an excuse for the PS3. Put 2nd OG map screenshots of and Z3 next to each other. Cheap and shoddy. They should have just left it PSV exclusive if they were going to cheese out so much. Anybody with both a PS3 and PSV won't bother paying extra for a version that doesn't even have better maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
They could but why spend that much money on that? Rather they just make better animations between the Mecha, fluid and quick loading(Which the far more simple map provides), and MOAR secrets! Mecha, Items, Upgrades, Mecha Add-Ons, and ect!
Um, 2nd OG, with its vastly 3D maps and all the extra tweeks and tidbits, had very fluid and quick loading. And the battle animations aren't improved other than putting in more pixels to make it HD; it just uses a slightly enhanced version of the battle animation engine from Z2 1 and 2. PSP titles.

The only real reason they didn't have tons of secrets in Z2 1 and 2 was because of the limitations of the PSP. But now they're upgrading to HD systems, and instead of revamping they're just adapting game engines from the previous PSP games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I found it's silly that people are complaining about the map when we're getting HD sprites of the games.
You mean HD sprites of the heads? Combat animation-wise, as I pointed out already they're just porting the animation from the PSP games and putting them in HD.

All they're doing is porting their animation engines from the PSP games onto the PSV and PS3 in HD. PSV aside, it's a complete waste of time and money to put enhanced PSP-level graphics on the PS3. It's not like this is a remake of an old game.
Old 2014-01-23, 02:10   Link #60
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
You mean HD sprites of the heads? Combat animation-wise, as I pointed out already they're just porting the animation from the PSP games and putting them in HD.

All they're doing is porting their animation engines from the PSP games onto the PSV and PS3 in HD. PSV aside, it's a complete waste of time and money to put enhanced PSP-level graphics on the PS3. It's not like this is a remake of an old game.
You shouldn't ignore my point about SRW is in decline. I think they didn't intend for Z3 to be on PS3. It's just there because the Vita's userbase is low, and they don't want to keep the game on the PSP. Also, OGs 2nd was in planning longer than Z3. It was in at least 5 years for developing, and then the delay. This is not a full blown PS3 game, period.

And you can't just port an engine to HD. The sprites need to be redraw.

Tags
mecha