AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-20, 09:36   Link #41
Anlushac11

Cool

I agree that if there is another season this as a closer was fine. A little disappointed because I was expecting a continuation of the "relationship" between Sosuke and Chidori.

But it was fun.

I havent seen FMP yet but it does look like Chidori can handle herself in a fight too.

My only regret was that the goddess Tessa was not there so we could see her clothes disentigrate

It was cute how Chidori thought that Sosuke was trying to have sex with her before they died. And you notice she did strip too.

Heres hoping for another season of Full Metal Panic
Old 2003-11-20, 10:03   Link #42
seissa

i must say.. hayashimizu-senpai was sooooo sweet and nice... haha~~
Old 2003-11-20, 13:36   Link #43
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

there wasn't going to be a romantic ending, if there was it would have been in fmp1
Old 2003-11-20, 22:11   Link #44
Admiral Greer
Inactive Member

Send a message via AIM to Admiral Greer
Thumbs up

Was it just me, or did the music they had playing while the credits rolled sound a lot like the music from SD Gundam Counterattack?

Great way to end the series, but it needed to be longer.
Old 2003-11-20, 22:17   Link #45
Setonai

The ending *chuckles* was funny
I didn;t expect the ending to be so lame
I Really hope they do make Season Three
the first season ending is how i would picture in other animes
Old 2003-11-21, 00:51   Link #46
XooX

Funniest anime episode ever, The first half was pure genius. As for romantic closure thats what OVA are for, they got a hit here they will milk it for all its worth so if not a third season an OVA.
Old 2003-11-21, 01:05   Link #47
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechazawa-kun
Would anyone agree with me that the series would have ended better if Ep 14 was the last instead of 15?

I mean, I lowered my expectations for a satisfying ending for Fumoffu but I still ended up being disappointed.

Well at least it wasn't like my FMP! season one ending reaction:

"What the hell was that?!!? *gets up from chair and slams fist on table. I've been *&#$ing cheated!! Why must they do this to me? *sob "
hmm they did come out better than FMP 1, well there are other nice episodes in that show ... its not like the ending must be a great 1 to end it .. i still have fond memories on the first appearance of bonta kun ...
Old 2003-11-21, 01:45   Link #48
FlyByNite

It's the Get Smart Nude Bomb Ending!

Sweet...
Old 2003-11-21, 02:15   Link #49
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

...ok the ending episode was just plain weird. The only parts that I really enjoyed were Chidori slapping Sagara like a piece of meat and the clinic scene. I felt real sorry Sagara though because he is so going to die. Amazingly, Chidori remained quite calm while everyone else wanted to beat Sagara to a bloody pulp. The luckiest person has to be the homeroom teacher who fainted because she didn't have to deal with the stress and frustration everyone else was experiencing. She was sleeping quite comfortably too. After watching the ending, I really don't want a FMP 3.
Old 2003-11-21, 09:09   Link #50
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
WOAH their teacher is HOT!!!

the ending was real funny, didn't expect it, although episode 14 would've made a better ending.
Old 2003-11-21, 09:30   Link #51
Mad Cat
You only live once!

Send a message via ICQ to Mad Cat
Ownadge as always
Old 2003-11-21, 10:29   Link #52
cf18
Mecha Pilot

The only complain I have is I expect the guys would want to thank Sagara. Some may be pissed by disintegrating plastic in their cameras and photo collection, but most should be busy looking...
Old 2003-11-21, 15:34   Link #53
phaeton
don't mind me

thought the Full Monty-virus had another pun - FM virus - full metal! haha..
LOL every episode but this one had a wonderful twist to the show.

didn't think that chidori and sagara would have gotten together coz if they did, there wouldn't be a story for season 3. but their relationship did develop further when ... hmmm.

Spoiler:

wonderful last ep for season2. it's painful to wait for the next season...whenever that may be.
Old 2003-11-21, 16:11   Link #54
Gansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechazawa-kun
Would anyone agree with me that the series would have ended better if Ep 14 was the last instead of 15?

I mean, I lowered my expectations for a satisfying ending for Fumoffu but I still ended up being disappointed.

Well at least it wasn't like my FMP! season one ending reaction:

"What the hell was that?!!? *gets up from chair and slams fist on table. I've been *&#$ing cheated!! Why must they do this to me? *sob "
Sounds like you need to watch Maison Ikkoku, where you will NOT feel cheated at the end!
Old 2003-11-21, 16:18   Link #55
Photonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
There are 3 mangas.

Fmp! Fmp?F and FMP!2

So FMP?F isn't just "side stories" that the original FMP leftout...because clearly it's taking place AFTER the 1st series.
There are? I thought there are just the graphic novels and the mangas(which are based on the novels) . Whats the deal?
Old 2003-11-21, 19:15   Link #56
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
What a great ending, so anti-climatict, starts off as a greek tradgedy and ends in total nudity :P What I don't get is why Sagara told chidori to take of her clothes before he phoned his armsdealer. Maybe he read something in the manual. And why his clothes under the NBC suit weren't destroyed.
Old 2003-11-21, 20:27   Link #57
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

I thought it was a decent enough ending. I still think that eventually Sagara will have to leave Chidori to go back to the submarine one day anyway, so its better the anime ends here before making us watch that. Sagara is still an on-duty military officer after all, so he can't just settle down happily-ever-after with Chidori.

I was a little suprised about how they ended up having the virus disintegrate clothes. Especially after he went through the trouble of shooting out the lock to the infirmary.

All in all, great comedy anime , probably one of the best I've ever seen in its genre.
Old 2003-11-21, 21:38   Link #58
Knuckles

I thought that episode 15 was good , but it lacked closure.
Still, the series did not have big plot so it does not matter much.
Old 2003-11-21, 21:52   Link #59
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonman
There are? I thought there are just the graphic novels and the mangas(which are based on the novels) . Whats the deal?
Alas, you are right they are novels...isn't a graphic novel manga though? But yes they are novels...I'm pretty sure the ones with just words...

But now I can't remember how many >< I think it's 3, but someone else told me it's just one >< gahhhhhhhh

[edit] bahh it's lots http://www.studiotaku.com/Articles/Features/FMP/FMP.htm [/edit]
Old 2003-11-21, 23:05   Link #60
Starfall
Overmind

Send a message via MSN to Starfall
Damn it! This episode was such a dissapointment for me. I had hoped for some love love between them at last. But noooooo, these people don't seemto know how to end a series properly..... *sob*
Yes yes, I agree with you all here, but still.......
Closed Thread