Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-03-17, 10:26   Link #41
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I find it awkward that Kishi is making Hanzou out to be a not so bad guy. He did go along with kidnapping Konan just to get Yahiko to kill himself.
Good or bad... that's difficult to say, take Itachi, Danzou, Sandaime, etc... It's a central point to Kishi, what is good for you or your ideals isn't it for another characters.

It's like Pain said: your peace is our disgrace.

And remember... it's highly possible that Madara was behind that "to awake" Nagato's full powers.
Old 2011-03-17, 11:07   Link #42
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The flashback was interesting but I do feel there's a bit of moral dissonace in making Hanzou a decent guy when the last time we heard about him, he was protrayed as a horrible bastard.

And Choji...for a highly trained ninja, I mean come on...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 11:17   Link #43
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The flashback was interesting but I do feel there's a bit of moral dissonace in making Hanzou a decent guy when the last time we heard about him, he was protrayed as a horrible bastard.
You said it... portrayed... during a lifetime you can change from good to bad, from bad to good, moreover, you can be in a cycle of them, somedays you are good, somedays you are bad.

Leaders of organizations or villages, will look only for their interests, so, if Hanzou should kill childrens to achieve his goals, he will do it, same goes for Sandaime (who was always portrayed as a good old man, but in the end he allowed Uchiha massacre).

In Hanzou's case, probably he had good intentions for their village (same as Danzou), but as Onoki, in some point he threw away his beliefs because the position he had. Itachi said something like that to Naruto, even Gaara said that to Naruto.

I don't have problems with that... this is manga, not Disney's works.
Old 2011-03-17, 11:21   Link #44
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Saying that Hanzou should still be regarded as a hero even after what he's done is a bit much though...
Old 2011-03-17, 11:31   Link #45
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
The only truly bad guy in the manga was Hidan. Kishi has gone out of his way to paint everyone else in shades of grey. No matter what he wrote about them before. I am glad the whole boring fight with Hanzou is over. Umm, what is Chiyo and Kimimaro doing? Is Mifune going to stop them?

The thing that sickens me about Choji is that he'll get to act like a complete joke and still get to be the hero. He has been acting like a coward the whole war. He'll probably come out unscathed and Ino promising to date this fat bastard. I don't hate fictional characters, but damn do I want to see him die.

Does anyone on Team 10 know an epic wind jutsu to counter dust strom? What element beat wind again?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 11:36   Link #46
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Does anyone on Team 10 know an epic wind jutsu to counter dust strom? What element beat wind again?
Fire beats wind in this world.
Old 2011-03-17, 11:47   Link #47
Fran~
floating away...

Here it comes Tenten with the Banana Fan...
Old 2011-03-17, 11:53   Link #48
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Another boring chapter, I don't care enough about Mifune to care about his fight with Hanzou, and the fact he lost in 1 chapter made me lose all interest in Hanzou so the flashback was boring to me.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 12:28   Link #49
Cael
Lurker Mode

I rather liked Hanzou's fight, I've always been curious about his back story.

As for the question was he good or bad, I like Itachi's answer, "We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths."
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 12:37   Link #50
Kallen4life

yeah, Kishi loves his shades of grey
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 12:46   Link #51
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Here it comes Tenten with the Banana Fan...
Actually, I could see Temari here. She wasn't shown with Shikamaru and Choji when they arrived, but it could have been kept as a surprise. They were together the early part of the war.

But more likely Shikamaru and Ino get hit with it. Choji's fat insulates him. Choji sees Shikamaru hurt. You know how much he is in love with him. And then he snaps.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 13:01   Link #52
Fran~
floating away...

yeah Temari... i almost forgot her... but i don't know if she would leave Gaara alone, i mean, Gaara is facing Kage level enemies. Granted, Onoki is there, but probably he will only fight the 2nd tsuchikage.
Old 2011-03-17, 14:02   Link #53
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
lul @ Chouji. Such a noob.
Old 2011-03-17, 15:12   Link #54
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I find it awkward that Kishi is making Hanzou out to be a not so bad guy. He did go along with kidnapping Konan just to get Yahiko to kill himself.
That's why i like manga stories over some usual hollywood crap stories (of course there are exceptions, for example Darth Vader's story), because the world is not black and white (good and evil) and also people can change in both directions. A good example of that was when Naruto tells to Sasuke that if things went a bit different then Naruto would be the bad guy and Sasuke the good guy (when Naruto does chidori and Sasuke does rasengan).

This Hanzou guy had good intentions in the beginning, but as time passed he gave up his way, and it is very similar to Nagato, since we know that Nagato was a "good guy" before Yahiko was killed. But Nagato returned to his good way just before he died, while Hanzou didn't as we have seen in his flashback. Nagato was like Darth Vader, he returned to the good side just before he died, except he was not able to kill Madara in the end

As i said earlier Kishi will use this great war to give a kind of "happy ending" to each individual who was earlier in the story and died or just disappeared from the story. He began with Sasori and Kankuro, and went on with others, it was clear that side characters are getting a nice closure to their stories. But i didn't expect that even Hanzou will get his "happy end"
And also it was nice that his stupid mask was finally explained

Also i don't understand why people complain about Choji's actions, since it was already explained by Asuma, there was a flashback where Asuma told to Ino to take care of Shika and Choji and where it was told by Asuma what kind of personality is Choji. There are such obvious hints in the manga and yet some people just disregard them.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 15:46   Link #55
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Actually, I could see Temari here.
Now you got my hopes up. Please Kishi, get her away from Gaara. Seeing her blow away Asuma's attack would be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Also i don't understand why people complain about Choji's actions, since it was already explained by Asuma, there was a flashback where Asuma told to Ino to take care of Shika and Choji and where it was told by Asuma what kind of personality is Choji. There are such obvious hints in the manga and yet some people just disregard them.
To be fair though, even Asuma who said those things, was upset with Choji. It's one thing to be emotional and another to let it overtake you get and your teammates hurt. Choji could have cost his teammates their lives(although it won't)

We know Choji is kind and sweet. He is the nicest of the Konoha gang. But nice doesn't cut it in a war. Either he toughens up or is responsible for his friends deaths. Choji would lose it if Shikamaru got hurt.

No Jump next week, so two weeks of build for Asuma's uber wind dust storm jutsu. It should be big considering Kishi is hyping it with a cliffhanger. This should be Asuma's best and strongest attack.
Old 2011-03-17, 16:13   Link #56
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
To be fair though, even Asuma who said those things, was upset with Choji. It's one thing to be emotional and another to let it overtake you get and your teammates hurt. Choji could have cost his teammates their lives(although it won't)

We know Choji is kind and sweet. He is the nicest of the Konoha gang. But nice doesn't cut it in a war. Either he toughens up or is responsible for his friends deaths. Choji would lose it if Shikamaru got hurt.

No Jump next week, so two weeks of build for Asuma's uber wind dust storm jutsu. It should be big considering Kishi is hyping it with a cliffhanger. This should be Asuma's best and strongest attack.
You just gave a logical explanation of why Choji should not be like that, but emotions are not driven by logic. And that kind of behaviour is in Choji's personality, and he is only 16 right now. Therefore what happened is more realistic then what Choji should have done if he were 100% logical thinking. In such extreme situations people often can't think logically, of course Choji will grow up to be a good ninja but right now he's only 16 and he is not thinking in a logical way.

Let's take a real life example: right now about 50 workers are trying hard to stabilize the Fukushima nuclear reactor, these guys are the real world real heroes. They know exactly that they are sacrificing their life for others. What if one of them was your father and you could decide if he stays there and prevents the death of many people but dies or he just escapes. It's an impossible situation where i might be deciding that i just don't care about other people so he should escape and don't care about a nuclear meltdown. We are lucky that we don't have to make such decisions in our safe little life, but it also means that i cannot say what decision would i take because i can't possibly know, i would know only if i had to face such a situation. It's like Sakura making a decision that she will kill Sasuke, but when she's faced with the real situation she just fails badly.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 16:34   Link #57
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think we're meant to consider the fact that he's only 16 because that itself leads to more issues...
Old 2011-03-17, 17:01   Link #58
Fran~
floating away...

This is fiction, age is irrelevant when you see a Kage about that age (if not the same).
Old 2011-03-17, 17:56   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

I wonder if Jiraiya will be amongst the zombie hoard.
Old 2011-03-17, 19:39   Link #60
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
I wonder if Jiraiya will be amongst the zombie hoard.
Kabuto said he didn't have the DNA for him. He asked Madara for the weapons that Pain used to stab Jiraiya in the throat so he could use him too. Madara refused.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion