AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 20.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-17, 20:19   Link #41
princeofcups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
You guys still think Charlotte or Tatenashi is the 'best' girl?
Never did. Charlotte is second best, but Moe Laura is catching up fast. Kanzashi has a lot of potential. However, the issue was decided in episode 1 series 1.
Old 2013-11-17, 20:25   Link #42
princeofcups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
So yeah , Chifuyu-nee should take back the suit and tells him that he is a loser for unable to improve himself .
I have a theory (not in the LN!) that Tabane wants Ichika there to pair with Houki, to make her imouto stronger. We haven't seen the white-rabbit-Alice girl this season yet, but remember who the real manipulator is.
Old 2013-11-17, 20:27   Link #43
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Dude, princeofcups, next time avoid triple posting. The mod will skin you.

That aside, it was canon at least Akatsubaki made that way so Houki will be the best combat partner for Ichika, not vice versa, it's all the same thought.

And for the bullshit like Chifuyu taking the machine back from him, for what reason? I think people tend to forget that he's a complete noob with increasingly selfish and useless mentor figures. Remember Chifuyu flat out forced him to adopt her combat style by not accepting his "If' and "but".
Old 2013-11-17, 20:32   Link #44
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Dude, princeofcups, next time avoid triple posting. The mod will skin you.

That aside, it was canon at least Akatsubaki made that way so Houki will be the best combat partner for Ichika, not vice versa, it's all the same thought.

And for the bullshit like Chifuyu taking the machine back from him, for what reason? I think people tend to forget that he's a complete noob with increasingly selfish and useless mentor figures. Remember Chifuyu flat out forced him to adopt her combat style by not accepting his "If' and "but".
Don't forget Houki's stupid lectures COMPLETE with sound effects, and Cecilia's blatant explanations of shooting at different angles.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-17, 20:39   Link #45
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Tch, could be worse! If you want to improve everyone, let them join a bloody pre-Mondo Grosso tournament.

It's all a matter of appropriate psyche. Christ, you gave teenage girls - the people that should have been shooping, goosiping and tons of other non-combat activities - a Weapon-of-Mass-Destruction no less. If I was the United Nations's leader, I would have locked ISA right at the moment it was proposed, then submitted as much as possible Cores under the adminstration of UN. The borderline between a Sport Tool and a Weapon must be clear, just like the cliff of Death and Alive.
Old 2013-11-18, 15:56   Link #46
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Tch, could be worse! If you want to improve everyone, let them join a bloody pre-Mondo Grosso tournament.

It's all a matter of appropriate psyche. Christ, you gave teenage girls - the people that should have been shooping, goosiping and tons of other non-combat activities - a Weapon-of-Mass-Destruction no less. If I was the United Nations's leader, I would have locked ISA right at the moment it was proposed, then submitted as much as possible Cores under the adminstration of UN. The borderline between a Sport Tool and a Weapon must be clear, just like the cliff of Death and Alive.
Not if when a man can't control the IS .

You see , Tabane already demonstrated the IS 's power , with such awesome technology , some countries will bound to developing their own IS using the core that made my Tabane .

Of course , to some countries and some girls , they are like " we will use the IS for world peace and sport. " , but there will be someone like Squall who clearly will use the IS for world domination without anyone knowing about it .
Old 2013-11-19, 08:27   Link #47
Eratas123

I know it's supposed to be humorous, but it's pretty damn pathetic that Houki's principles boil down to 'If it helps with Ichika I'll throw my principles out the window'.
Old 2013-11-19, 10:05   Link #48
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I know it's supposed to be humorous, but it's pretty damn pathetic that Houki's principles boil down to 'If it helps with Ichika I'll throw my principles out the window'.

Well, it might be she is flexible with her principles, or she's too self-conscious to do modeling, or she doesn't want the limelight after being hounded for being Tabane's sister, or she's just aloof and find the whole thing troublesome.

Japanese often find it difficult to do an outright rejection.
Old 2013-11-19, 10:33   Link #49
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Traditional Japanese even moreso

admittedly, being a stubborn hardass tsundere doesn't help at all.
Old 2013-11-19, 11:58   Link #50
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Riiiight because there's no way Rin or Laura would ever do the same thing as Houki in this situation right?

She's a girl in love trying to impress the guy she loves. How dare she do something to impress Ichika. Why the only way to get his love is to beat the cr*p out of him right?

Seriously, some folks complain when she hits Ichika for "no reason". Yet she's pathetic when she does something nice in an attempt to impress him.

A million dollars says if it where Char, Rin, or Cecilia in that situation you'd be saying how cute she looked and how big an idiot Ichika was for not noticing her.
Old 2013-11-19, 14:10   Link #51
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Riiiight because there's no way Rin or Laura would ever do the same thing as Houki in this situation right?

She's a girl in love trying to impress the guy she loves. How dare she do something to impress Ichika. Why the only way to get his love is to beat the cr*p out of him right?

Seriously, some folks complain when she hits Ichika for "no reason". Yet she's pathetic when she does something nice in an attempt to impress him.

A million dollars says if it where Char, Rin, or Cecilia in that situation you'd be saying how cute she looked and how big an idiot Ichika was for not noticing her.
I wouldn't. I'd still say Houki stinks for having loose principles which was why Ichika was a bit confused, because I assume Houki was very principle guided person, only to see her throw it out as soon as possible.

Ichika is not an idiot, the girls are to blame for EVERYTHING. Denseness or not, you would assume that gaining affection by attacking him is a failing grade in Gaining Affection 101, unless you are attempting the opposite logic. Oh now it makes sense! The girls are trying to make Ichika dislike them, how could I not have figured it out sooner?!

Old 2013-11-19, 14:29   Link #52
S.Freedom

Ok I may have exaggerated a little. It just bugs me that folks seem to complain about the girls hitting him, then turn around and gush when they're all dere-dere.

As for it being all the girls fault. Perhaps it is, though his denseness can be annoying. They seem to do everything short of stripping buck naked and screaming "Ichika please have sex with me" and he's all but oblivious to it. Yet his sister walks by in a bikini or maid outfit and he's all but drooling while having a boner. Can you imagine how frustrating that must be for them?
Old 2013-11-19, 15:31   Link #53
blitz1/2

Quote:
Ok I may have exaggerated a little. It just bugs me that folks seem to complain about the girls hitting him, then turn around and gush when they're all dere-dere.

As for it being all the girls fault. Perhaps it is, though his denseness can be annoying. They seem to do everything short of stripping buck naked and screaming "Ichika please have sex with me" and he's all but oblivious to it. Yet his sister walks by in a bikini or maid outfit and he's all but drooling while having a boner. Can you imagine how frustrating that must be for them?
I don't gush...I pretty say that the girls have a bipolar disorder. And, if you compare the ratio of attacking him vs. servicing him, the attack ratio is MUCH higher so you can't blame Ichika because the girls are too violent. And with his current life, he needs a guy (like Dan) to talk with, which was why he didn't mind when Charles came in.

As for Chifuyu, well you have a pretty hot onee-san, the girls don't measure up to her (skill wise, appearance wise and well, personality wise....well we need more Chifuyu at home to decide that).

Old 2013-11-19, 17:14   Link #54
S.Freedom

Maybe, but perhaps the hitting him is just there frustration at seemingly having no chance with a guy with a sister complex...

Even so, they do lean toward violence more than needed. I want to say it's a symptom of the whole woman are superior shtick the author set up. He shows it by having the girls beat the crud out of the only guy available. Which just happens to be Ichika.

And I'm not sure having another guy around would help. Not unless said guy was older and could give him advice on woman and such.
Old 2013-11-19, 17:46   Link #55
blitz1/2

Quote:
Maybe, but perhaps the hitting him is just there frustration at seemingly having no chance with a guy with a sister complex...

Even so, they do lean toward violence more than needed. I want to say it's a symptom of the whole woman are superior shtick the author set up. He shows it by having the girls beat the crud out of the only guy available. Which just happens to be Ichika.

And I'm not sure having another guy around would help. Not unless said guy was older and could give him advice on woman and such.
Who needs hoes when you have bros? And besides, who go for other women when you have a hot onee-san (and an imouto, but is aiming to kill u). Go with what you have rather than you would add.

Old 2013-11-19, 19:44   Link #56
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

Yes, because shoving a shinai at someone's cheek while threatening him is nice

No really, it does sounds nice.
Old 2013-11-19, 19:47   Link #57
S.Freedom

You mean besides the whole incest thing?

Personally I favor Cecilia among the harem. The tsundere's Rin and Houki just aren't doing it for me. Which is odd since I normally like tsundere's. Char is just meh and Laura aside from her occasional moe moments is forgettable. Tatenshi just seems over sexed/to much of a tease to have any real chance.
Old 2013-11-19, 19:58   Link #58
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I favor Cecilia myself

Though Kanzashi is better as a character
Old 2013-11-19, 21:01   Link #59
blitz1/2

Quote:
I favor Cecilia myself

Though Kanzashi is better as a character
Kanzashi AND Tatenashi in volume 7 are better characters than most of the harem.

Old 2013-11-19, 21:07   Link #60
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

But we will never know what could happen with them next. Not until Izurt back to action.
Closed Thread