AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-01-08, 16:03   Link #41
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Well honestly I was thinking of not watching this if it was the same as the manga, But seeing as it has deviated Im a little bit more interested as to what will happen now.

Good episode nonetheless
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 16:07   Link #42
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I completely forgot that Aogiri and the Doves were in a pitched battle at the end of the last episode. Do the members of Aogiri see him as a king or something now that he killed Ayato?
Dude, ayato is there in the last scene
If u are referring to yakumo, then i guess not, hes not that big deal compared to the other bosses
Old 2015-01-08, 16:29   Link #43
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Dude, ayato is there in the last scene
If u are referring to yakumo, then i guess not, hes not that big deal compared to the other bosses
Whoops my bad. I meant the crazy guy that kept making him count when he was torturing him.
Old 2015-01-08, 16:31   Link #44
hamazura
whatever

can i ship kaneki and eto?
Old 2015-01-08, 16:36   Link #45
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Just to mention this, LG-Max was actually right in the technical terms--this "Ishida Sui's original draft" actually is Ishida's about a couple hundred of pages worth of name (i.e: the rough draft of a manga).

There was no indication that Ishida thought this is important or not, just that, according to the anime staffs and casts, he himself encouraged the anime staffs to animate this instead of adapting the manga's development. (Iirc this was mentioned in the October event and one of the radio episodes)

Who knows what will happen in the anime. Will it end in the same foundation as the manga, just with a different perspective and scenes? Or will it lead to something completely different in the core main plot? That's up to his mind at that point of time.

And I'll say this: having the draft adapted does not mean the original draft scene is 100% copied to the anime--it goes through anime staffs' judgement. All of us have no idea what is in the draft (other than a couple few shown in a PV), so it's best not to immediately think that everything shown or not shown in the anime is the original draft's. Remember that the anime had adapted some of the scenes differently from the manga since s1.

The anime's different story is the draft's though, for sure.
finally someone who understands me.

Many people take very seriously the "story made by the author," but they forget that whoever controls the anime is not the author, is a group of professionals who often change what the author wrote, the first season of Tokyo Ghoul had very addition.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 16:41   Link #46
com_gwp

A brand new start with White Kaneki, yet this first episode ended up feeling like the footnote to season 1's ending rather than the opener to the new season.

Still generally enjoyable in the way the more average episodes of Tokyo Ghoul were, and it'll be interesting to watch this from a new perspective now that I've binge-read the entirety of the comics during the 3 months break. Even with the benefit of hindsight, I still feel the anime got unfairly criticized during its run (and sadly this will only continue with the "original" storyline).
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 17:17   Link #47
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
finally someone who understands me.

Many people take very seriously the "story made by the author," but they forget that whoever controls the anime is not the author, is a group of professionals who often change what the author wrote, the first season of Tokyo Ghoul had very addition.
It's an adaption, things that may work in a manga form may not work in an anime, and some things can be conveyed better with changes. Few anime are a one to one screen panel of the manga. So yes, there's going to be changes especially when you have to condense everything into a small episode count.

Also in reference to what Natsuki Hyuga mentioned, that also goes the other way, because we don't know what his original draft looked like we have nothing to compare it to and can't exactly go around completely blaming the production company either, as we have no idea what they took out, left, or modified.
Old 2015-01-08, 18:41   Link #48
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
can i ship kaneki and eto?
Many people were actually
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 19:09   Link #49
com_gwp

So there's speculation that the subtitle has the double meaning of "Route Aogiri", although I'm sure it'll end up referring to something in the storyline as well. And did anyone manage to spot this titbit that was snuck in?

Spoiler for Is a pretty major spoiler, but hey, Pierrot deliberately put it there, so fair game:
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 19:16   Link #50
MCAL

The manga readers' reaction were about as predictable as one could have guessed.

Meanwhile, I continue to vastly enjoy this. It's really silly to start the lambasting about the divergence from the manga when we don't even now how the anime plans to go about it.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 19:18   Link #51
steam fish

holy crap he joined aogiri, i was expecting it to be like the manga but i feel like this is going to be really interesting for me xD
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 19:18   Link #52
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
The manga readers' reaction were about as predictable as one could have guessed.

Meanwhile, I continue to vastly enjoy this. It's really silly to start the lambasting about the divergence from the manga when we don't even now how the anime plans to go about it.
Overreaction from first episode. It always happens
Old 2015-01-08, 19:19   Link #53
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
So there's speculation that the subtitle has the double meaning of "Route Aogiri", although I'm sure it'll end up referring to something in the storyline as well. And did anyone manage to spot this titbit that was snuck in?

Spoiler for Is a pretty major spoiler, but hey, Pierrot deliberately put it there, so fair game:
Spoiler for about your spoiler:
Old 2015-01-08, 19:35   Link #54
cleo

My memory of S1 is somewhat hazy, so I was a bit confused being dumped in the middle of the action, right from the start. It would indeed have worked better as the S1 finale, but that ending is a great set-up for S2. I want to know more about Aogiri, and Kaneki joining them - for whatever reason - is a good way to do that.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 20:38   Link #55
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
My memory of S1 is somewhat hazy, so I was a bit confused being dumped in the middle of the action, right from the start. It would indeed have worked better as the S1 finale, but that ending is a great set-up for S2. I want to know more about Aogiri, and Kaneki joining them - for whatever reason - is a good way to do that.
He fell in love with Eto

huehuehue
Old 2015-01-08, 21:00   Link #56
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Look like this is going to be an alternative route from the original. I do know it's gonna be different, but how well can it go is the question. Besides, I don't think the OP theme song is bad, just that it don't fit the premises. ED song, though, is as good as the previous season.

PS: Looks like people are so into the crack pairing these days.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 21:25   Link #57
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post

PS: Looks like people are so into the crack pairing these days.
You say that like people just recently got into crack pairings
Old 2015-01-08, 21:27   Link #58
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

I ship kaneki with the centipede, is that wrong??
Old 2015-01-08, 21:59   Link #59
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
I ship kaneki with the centipede, is that wrong??
That's already legit o3o
Old 2015-01-08, 21:59   Link #60
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not to bad of a start for the second season