AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-29, 08:55   Link #41
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oh. My. God. Not the Chryssalids! DEM ZOMBEHS GON EAT MAH BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINSSSSSSS!!

And now they can DISAPPEAR? How are these not going to be ridiculously overpowered? Hopefully their HP is nerfed to the point they can be killed in a single hit or maybe two. Because if they still have more than 6-8 HP, it's going to be a goddamn nightmare, especially now since they poison with every attack.
Old 2015-07-30, 02:32   Link #42
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Oh. My. God. Not the Chryssalids! DEM ZOMBEHS GON EAT MAH BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINSSSSSSS!!

And now they can DISAPPEAR? How are these not going to be ridiculously overpowered? Hopefully their HP is nerfed to the point they can be killed in a single hit or maybe two. Because if they still have more than 6-8 HP, it's going to be a goddamn nightmare, especially now since they poison with every attack.
Actually XCOM Chryssalids can poison with every attack, since they did only have one attack. However, they only zombify enemies they themselves killed.

The new Chryssalids on the other hand can turn anyone into cocoons so long as the affected one is killed while the poison is in effect.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 03:33   Link #43
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Been neglecting to provide info on this page, so here's one:

[Gamespot] XCOM 2 Exclusive Class Reveal: The Chryssalid

The Chryssalid now spawns THREE (3!) per cocoon... and can now burrow.

*PTSD INTENSIFIES*
Panic for you? More victims for me, I am an Overwatch addict. Every Turn: Ayy Lmaos, I'm done, Your Turn to Commit Suicide, please, my troops are tired of waiting.

Ever remember the time when an idiot muton thought it's a good idea to charge through a group that did nothing last turn? Or how about the time when a thin man decided to teleport in the middle of the said group? (Bonus points if he teleported within range of a MEC or Assault with an Alloy Cannon, 2x points if both happened.)

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 08:28   Link #44
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
and can now burrow.
Ha ha. No.

Grenade and rocket for all of them. I don't care if you can't get your research material, doctor.

That being said, the Long War Mod is awesome and I hope they implement some of those into the new games.
Old 2015-08-06, 05:04   Link #45
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

We don't have the actual gameplay vids yet.... but we do have an awesome, awesome vid on the strategy layer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

[Unable to parse info due to massive quantities of hype]

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-08-06, 07:03   Link #46
Corvo269

Quote:
Been neglecting to provide info on this page, so here's one:

[Gamespot] XCOM 2 Exclusive Class Reveal: The Chryssalid

The Chryssalid now spawns THREE (3!) per cocoon... and can now burrow.

*PTSD INTENSIFIES*
Fuck this motherfucker in particular. We need MEC units to stomp their asses
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 14:57   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Video showing off just the strategy layer with no commentaries:

YouTube

The vid kinda implies that the tutorial mission involves rescuing the Commander first.

Old 2015-08-09, 09:03   Link #48
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

That's sweet, now we can even customize the weapon.
Old 2015-08-10, 07:31   Link #49
SineMora
Wait for it...

You know what's awesome... GIVING THE AYY LMAOS THE TASTE OF THEIR VERY OWN MEDICINE.

Legal view-all-map... SUCK IT IN!

No more guessing games, their turn to play that game.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
Old 2015-08-10, 20:18   Link #50
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Really like the expanded customization options. And allocating scientists and engineers are great way to add more depth. The general consensus was that engineers were the better choices, hopefully this will change that.
Old 2015-08-10, 21:38   Link #51
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I wonder if they will ever think of giving a "Field of view Overwatch" instead of the current 360 degrees overwatch turret mode that everyone has. The new change in Overwatch, even though it helps in the gameplay perspective, feel weird.
Old 2015-08-10, 22:36   Link #52
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

is that how they changing the overwatch? Seems pretty op
Old 2015-08-11, 03:44   Link #53
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
is that how they changing the overwatch? Seems pretty op
The only confirmed change for Overwatch in XCOM 2 is that it will be sequential: only one target per soldier within range, unlike in EU/EW where everyone within range unloads on a single enemy.

Old 2015-08-11, 08:17   Link #54
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

That is a good change. Though shit was so funny when everyone starts shooting at the same thing like trigger happy maniac.
Old 2015-08-12, 06:12   Link #55
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

XCOM 2 now on Steam.

No preorder as of yet, but at least it has a page now.

Old 2015-08-12, 22:52   Link #56
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
That is a good change. Though shit was so funny when everyone starts shooting at the same thing like trigger happy maniac.
You know the rules, there's no such thing as OVERKILL, only OPEN FIRE, and RELOAD.

Cause some Ayy Lmaos just don't die when fired once, like Mutons. They need to be shot, repeatedly until their internal organs are paste.

Also:

Why shoot once if you can shoot them 46 more times?

-Wrex

Old 2015-08-15, 07:26   Link #57
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Seems pretty arbitrary nerf to overwatch. The main reason overwatch was so powerful in the original game is because you have unlimited turns and there's little to no benefit of moving quickly. I thought the addition of some time constraint in Enemy Within was pretty good to keep players on their toe and avoid falling back to same old tactic of creeping overwatch line.
Old 2015-08-15, 08:28   Link #58
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Seems pretty arbitrary nerf to overwatch. The main reason overwatch was so powerful in the original game is because you have unlimited turns and there's little to no benefit of moving quickly. I thought the addition of some time constraint in Enemy Within was pretty good to keep players on their toe and avoid falling back to same old tactic of creeping overwatch line.
What "nerf" you referring to?

The only confirmed mechanic change to overwatch as I noted above is the one-target-per-soldier mechanic, which means no longer will your entire squad unload all of their overwatch on a single alien.

This makes overwatch quite good at dispatching larger numbers of weaker enemies. Not really sure how the new system works with just a single enemy surviving one overwatch though, though I can imagine it's a lot more nuanced this time around.

Also, XCOM 2 is confirmed to have timed objectives as well according to one of the latest interviews, which along with the new disintegrating loot system means there's lots of incentive to actually move instead of just going into creeping overwatch.

Said interview btw:

YouTube

Old 2015-08-15, 11:34   Link #59
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
This makes overwatch quite good at dispatching larger numbers of weaker enemies. Not really sure how the new system works with just a single enemy surviving one overwatch though, though I can imagine it's a lot more nuanced this time around.
One target per soldier is a fairly significant nerf if you consider most aliens take more than one burst per soldier to kill, kinda defeats the idea of setting up ambush when aliens can still run through your whole squad because only one guy can shoot.

Either way, i think it's unnecessary limitation and late game tactic (for me) tends to devolved into stealth scout backed by snipers and heavies than overwatch camping.
Old 2015-08-15, 17:16   Link #60
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
One target per soldier is a fairly significant nerf if you consider most aliens take more than one burst per soldier to kill, kinda defeats the idea of setting up ambush when aliens can still run through your whole squad because only one guy can shoot.

Either way, i think it's unnecessary limitation and late game tactic (for me) tends to devolved into stealth scout backed by snipers and heavies than overwatch camping.
It's not so much a "nerf" because the mechanic change affects both sides equally. Consider this scenario that often happens in Enemy Unknown:

6 of your soldiers are in overwatch, and suddenly a Sectoid comes into view within their range. What happens? The Sectoid gets gunned down by all 6 of your soldiers, thus if another Sectoid moves into their range afterwards there's no one left to do overwatch.

Now with the XCOM 2 mechanic, in the same scenario only one of your soldiers will shoot the first Sectoid, and if another Sectoid moves in afterwards you still have reaction shots left. Assuming all your shots hit (heh), it means you have a potential six shots to play against six enemies, instead of wasting all 6 shots against a single alien.

Of course, this also affects your own soldier's movement options as well: say you want to break an enemy position with 2 aliens in overwatch. In EU, you can run a Lightning Reflexes Assault and break both their overwatch by running in (of course the 2nd one has a chance to hit). In XCOM 2 though, the same situation (assuming Lightning Reflexes makes it back) means that you only break the overwatch on one of the aliens, but in turn only one enemy is shooting at you, so your soldier's defenses are more effective.

We still don't know how the new system works if the first overwatch fails to hit the target, but as can be seen in the above examples the mechanic change isn't necessarily a "nerf", more a change with its own advantages and disadvantages in the tactical layer. Also, I know from the past two years in various forums that people have been asking for such a change to Overwatch, hence I disagree with the supposition that the change is "unnecessary".

Tags
turn-based strategy, xcom, xcom 2