4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-15, 11:06   Link #41
QSTraderDG86

How would Kudelia get all that princess hair into a helmet anyway ?XD

Pretty damn good episode. Still sort of weird to see a Gundam get taken to its limit by some weird-ass non-gundam bucket of bolts piloted by a girl...but then again, Barbatos is pretty weaksauce as far as gundams go.

Also, Orga is far cooler than Mika. The dude's a badass through and through. I wonder if he'll ever pilot a gundam of his own, considering there are like 70+ of the things. Probably not.

Still no clue where the plot is going, and it's still hazy as to which factions are which. Seems multiple ones are fighting over Kudelia, while she herself is pretty f'ing helpless as far as battles are concerned.
QSTraderDG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 11:15   Link #42
Wandering Soul

That was a great episode. The fights were tense and while both Mika and Akihiro had tricks up their sleeve, neither of their tricks assured them victory. Twin tail girl actually put up a good fight against Mika.

Turbine might be a business man but even he has morals. He looked disgusted when he heard about what Maruba did to those kids.

Hope next episode we get to see the actual breach.
Old 2015-11-15, 11:24   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Somebody should tell Kudelia and Atra there's not much point in putting normal suits on if you're just going to fill the helmets with potatoes and leave them behind.
I personally just chalk it up to them wanting to have an excuse to have their head open, so we can see the girls' facial expressions without a helmet in the way. It's understandable, as there is a reason why 'no helmet' option exists in Bioware games after all.

See, the bigger head-scratcher is why didn't any of the bridge people have normal suits at all. So if the bridge people didn't see the need for normal suits, then I can forgive the episode for having Kudelia/Atra just being too lazy to change back to their normal clothes after deciding to go back to the bridge.

There's other stuff that bothers me more (asteroid field that dense for example)... I'll get back on those later.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 11:28   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I give props to the girl for putting up such a good fight against a Gundam. Made full use of her suits strengths and was basically going to prick Barbatos to death if Mika hadn't found a way to even the field. Of course his suit isn't at its best condition right now, but still that's a pretty big accomplishment.

It's kind of a good thing the fight ended where it did though. Both looked more than ready to continue even with how things were going. Someone was definitely going to die there. Probably the girl, but you never know, she is pretty skilled.

Props again for Orga coming up with a top notch plan. Figured out the one path they had and took it. Though I do wonder if they decided to pause the battle because Orga took the bridge or because that guy was sick of the crap Maruba was involved in? Or maybe a kind of mix.

Another good episode. Though I agree it's kind of pointless to go around in normal suits....if you leave the helmets behind with potatoes .
Old 2015-11-15, 11:29   Link #45
Skaddix

Come on real asteroid fields are boring they have bigger holes then tennis nets relatively.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 11:34   Link #46
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure there are some dense spots in asteroid belt, it's not really homogeneous place. You get two bigger piece of rock collide and in that moment you have plenty obstacles all around.
Old 2015-11-15, 11:39   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSTraderDG86 View Post
Still sort of weird to see a Gundam get taken to its limit by some weird-ass non-gundam bucket of bolts piloted by a girl...
To avoid spoilers in case you haven't seen previous Gundam series, I'll just say that it's not the first time it happens in the franchise .
Old 2015-11-15, 12:42   Link #48
Skaddix

Lol does that mean she is a better pilot then Mika? Sure Barbatos wasnt fully tuned but he still got direct brain connection and she is piloting a hunk of junk in comparison.

I noticed she also has weird food idiosyncrasies so please can someone else get some play dont need Mika to expand his Harem. At least when they usually do these plots the main dude is hot, Mika is may fourth or fifth in this group. Counting only Tekkadan and not counting Shotas.
Old 2015-11-15, 12:53   Link #49
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Everybody's reaction, except for Chocolate man ,to learning the kids were forced to have interfaces was THAT'S TABOO! What the frak was Maruba thinking when he spouted that fact? Seems like a crime likened to being a pedophile that people are willing to airlock you for that.
I wonder about the legality of such things. Seems likely to be legal on Mars at least (along with slavery). Seems almost unknown on Earth. Turbine seemed to familiar with the term "space rat" and the implications.

Seems Turbine is a daddy too from the next ep preview. Maybe that's part of the reason why he was disgusted - not just about the forced use of dubious operations but basically calling the kids expendable garbage. Teiwaz is apparently more like the Mafia though they seem to be somewhat honourable at least.

It's looking like Maruba got to where he was at the start of the series by being a horrible scumbag more than being a smart businessman.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 12:55   Link #50
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Somebody should tell Kudelia and Atra there's not much point in putting normal suits on if you're just going to fill the helmets with potatoes and leave them behind.
Well it's not like Kudelia could fit her hair in there anyway.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 12:57   Link #51
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I wonder about the legality of such things. Seems likely to be legal on Mars at least (along with slavery). Seems almost unknown on Earth. Turbine seemed to familiar with the term "space rat" and the implications.

Seems Turbine is a daddy too from the next ep preview. Maybe that's part of the reason why he was disgusted - not just about the forced use of dubious operations but basically calling the kids expendable garbage. Teiwaz is apparently more like the Mafia though they seem to be somewhat honourable at least.

It's looking like Maruba got to where he was at the start of the series by being a horrible scumbag more than being a smart businessman.
Well remember when the Cheif Engineer guy narrated the preview Maruba didnt start out awful also Orga said he wasnt actually that bad of business man unlike the First Company.
Old 2015-11-15, 12:58   Link #52
Dark Wing

Now that was an exciting episode. Mika looked like he was really going full on psycho on that girl but lucky Orga stepped in and soothed the savage beast within him.
Old 2015-11-15, 13:00   Link #53
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

I'm probably one of those in the minority but i thought that the battle was disappointing. I didn't voice out during the battle 2 episodes ago but i thought that for the 1st battle introduction of the char-of-the-series(?) the battle was simply lack luster. Mainly due to many things happening off-screen and poor transition of scenes. Much of the fight between Mika vs McGilis & Gaelio and Akihiro vs the Grazes happened off-screen, and personally i felt that there wasn't much tension and suspense to it. Not to mention the awkward battle choreography in the Mika vs McGilis & Gaelio fight. Back then I was thinking that maybe its still early in the series, maybe they will improve on it.

But nope. While I gottta admit that I quite like the fight between Barbatos and Hyakuri (there was lots of suspense in it). But damn am I supposed to believe that Akihiro survived so long alone against 2 enemies who basically butchered Akihiro the moment it is their screentime? As much as I am starting to think that this might be the next good Gundam series after 00, the way the director handles the battle is killingggg me.

EDIT: The first MS launch sequence and I thought it was damnnn sweet.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 13:00   Link #54
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You know, if you're here just to troll, at least do a good troll. Not a troll that can easily be proven false like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
I've been watching Gundam stuff since 2007, I am not a newbie.
If you go back and read all his/her previous Gundam post, it makes you think this guy/girl should just give up and think before posting.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 13:06   Link #55
Galaxian

I love that Mika and Akihiro both have a "berserk" mode. The latter pilot stole the show for me in the episode.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 13:17   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Mika's so popular. With guys. Orga's not the only one who wants to show off for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 13:32   Link #57
dienrachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
But damn am I supposed to believe that Akihiro survived so long alone against 2 enemies who basically butchered Akihiro the moment it is their screentime?
For the most time, Akihiro was simply stalling them. Due to the nanolaminate armour, mobile suits can survive ranged attacks pretty well; so Akihiro kept his distance and pecked away at the opposing suits, who reacted in like. He was probably pushed back all the way, but he wasn't taking serious damage and more importantly, he was distracting them from the ships.

When his opponents realised that and made an honest effort to catch up to the ships, Akihiro was suddenly left with no choice. Shooting away at the suits wouldn't do any good; he also had to do something to tie those two up.

So he made a suicidal charge, and was quickly picked apart in CQC.

tl/dr: he was in a losing battle all along; but as long as it was just a shooting battle, his Graze didn't take serious damage.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 13:32   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Lol does that mean she is a better pilot then Mika?
No surprise there, really. This kind of thing happens several times in the franchise. One example being how...
Spoiler for Gundam Wing plot-point:

Quote:
Sure Barbatos wasnt fully tuned but he still got direct brain connection and she is piloting a hunk of junk in comparison.
It's not a junk if it's properly maintained. Unlike Barbatos before Tekkadan.

Quote:
I noticed she also has weird food idiosyncrasies so please can someone else get some play dont need Mika to expand his Harem. At least when they usually do these plots the main dude is hot, Mika is may fourth or fifth in this group. Counting only Tekkadan and not counting Shotas.
The Gunpla manual for Hyakuri said she's already the girlfriend of a certain someone.

Quote:
I'm probably one of those in the minority but i thought that the battle was disappointing. I didn't voice out during the battle 2 episodes ago but i thought that for the 1st battle introduction of the char-of-the-series(?) the battle was simply lack luster. Mainly due to many things happening off-screen and poor transition of scenes. Much of the fight between Mika vs McGilis & Gaelio and Akihiro vs the Grazes happened off-screen, and personally i felt that there wasn't much tension and suspense to it. Not to mention the awkward battle choreography in the Mika vs McGilis & Gaelio fight. Back then I was thinking that maybe its still early in the series, maybe they will improve on it.

But nope. While I gottta admit that I quite like the fight between Barbatos and Hyakuri (there was lots of suspense in it). As much as I am starting to think that this might be the next good Gundam series after 00, the way the director handles the battle is killingggg me.
For me, Gundam 00 & G-Reco's fights are still the best (in terms of series, not OVAs or movies). But I think the fights in IBO is not bad. Some derpy movements and animations here and there which is normal for a mecha series from Sunrise Studio 3. But I think choreography is solid.

Quote:
But damn am I supposed to believe that Akihiro survived so long alone against 2 enemies who basically butchered Akihiro the moment it is their screentime?
Maybe because those two didn't aim to kill? All I heard is the lady saying she'll "spank the children". Now, Lafter on the other hand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
If you go back and read all his/her previous Gundam post, it makes you think this guy/girl should just give up and think before posting.
IKR
Old 2015-11-15, 13:41   Link #59
Irenesharda

This show...this show. I could just cry because of how good it is. After having a Gundam drought for so long, and suddenly an oasis!

We really get more and more nuance with our Band of Brothers crew of Tekkadan. All of them shined this episode, and it wasn't just for their good points, but for their bad points too. We finally meet the guy in the pimp suit and find that conveniently, he is Naze Turbine of The Turbines, a subsidiary of Teiwez. His crew seems to be all women, which is an interesting rare occurrence in Gundam.

The girls are interesting, and the three that went out somehow reminded me of Azula's Angels from Avatar:TLA. Did anyone else get that vibe?
These three lovely ladies had our boys on the ropes and Mika was in the hardest fight that he's ever been in before. But I guess it can't be helped that Barabatos wasn't fully repaired yet either.

The argument between Biscuit and Orga was an interesting one, and I can see both sides of the argument. Now that Biscuit knows more about Orga and Mika's relationship, he knows that the moment Mika said that he didn't want everything to be broken up, negotiations were over. Orga said once that if Mika was against the plan, then that basically decided it. The same thing happens here. Orga is caught and trying to decide what is best, especially with so many counting on him and Mika watching him. Biscuit wanted to negotiate more, which I admit would have been a better course of action under better circumstances, however, at this time, I don't think it would have worked. Naze wasn't going to listen to them, and his "offer" would have put all the orphans in the exact same position they were when they started, with someone owning them. Also, CGS property, probably also includes the Human Debris kids that were recently freed, I can't agree to any offer that might lead to them back in bondage again.

Orga is right in that if they don't make a stand here and become their own entity, no one will acknowledge them or take them seriously, which will spell doom for the company and the kids. Orga is fully invested in Tekkadan and making it a home for all the boys under him. He's not going to dissolve it after only a few weeks. And in the end, even Biscuit goes along with him, as all of Tekkadan would follow Orga to Hell and back.

I knew the minute that Orga disappeared off the bridge and wasn't seen for a while that a plan was getting cooked up. Akihiro and Mika against Azula's Angels (yes I'm going to keep calling them that. ), while Eugene and the crew fought off the ship, but that one last fight with the smokescreen, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't work in space, but whatever, was such an awesome moment, especially the Wrath of Khan moment where the two ships were about to collide!
And then the fact that Orga and his team boarded the ship in mid-collision? And Mika's eyes when he was about to outright murder that girl?! It was a good thing Orga's voice pulled him out of it or it might have put a wrench into the negotiations. Aw man was this episode awesome!

Next week it looks like Orga is going to negotiate the down and dirty way as he seem to have taken the enemy ship. And I think Naze might just agree as he seemed pretty disgusted when he found out that Marbura was forcing his young employees to get the A-V system. And I think that Tekkadan has more than impressed him. Naze's crew seem pretty nice when they're not trying to murder our Orphan heroes. We'll have to see how they get along next episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-11-15 at 13:57.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 13:50   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think there was much room for negotiation. What was Pimp Suit willing to offer except more slavery? For him to offer more, he had to believe the Tekkadan could cost him in a fight, which he didn't.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote