AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-09, 19:58   Link #41
Chosen_Hero

I don't get the hate for the friend, she was basically right about everything she said.
Old 2023-04-09, 20:22   Link #42
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I don't get the hate for the friend, she was basically right about everything she said.
For the most part, but she’s incredibly unsympathetic.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 05:27   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's hard to determine since close friends can seem assholes to each other from a spectator's standpoint, but the friends are actually fine with it because they are close friends and these kinds of friends are usually unfiltered with each other while still aware of one's boundaries.

Plus, along with what larethian said, Momo patted Akane's head after seeing her efforts.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 08:28   Link #44
Tenzen12

On top of that Akane seems to be pretty high maintenance friend. I would say Momo deserve credit for sticking with her and I think receiving few snarky comments is small prize to pay for such friend.
Old 2023-04-10, 13:38   Link #45
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ugh... I am not resonating well with these characters. Akane still being fond of Takuma is rather annoying; the way she decided to bend her life just to stay with him(which I find is superficial and unsustainable in the long run) didn't make me sympathize with her any better. I don't like her friend too much either, though its more her general personality, and not because she said/did anything wrong. They just aren't likable in their current state. I'll try to give them some time; at least until they meet IRL Rurihime(which I assume will happen at some point, but not sure how long that'll take).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 14:41   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Ugh... I am not resonating well with these characters. Akane still being fond of Takuma is rather annoying; the way she decided to bend her life just to stay with him(which I find is superficial and unsustainable in the long run) didn't make me sympathize with her any better. I don't like her friend too much either, though its more her general personality, and not because she said/did anything wrong. They just aren't likable in their current state. I'll try to give them some time; at least until they meet IRL Rurihime(which I assume will happen at some point, but not sure how long that'll take).
Akane strikes me as the type who invests in and basically throws 100% of herself in a relationship for good or bad, which really worked against her here, though hopefully now that she's decided to change she might actually be able to better herself .
Old 2023-04-10, 19:30   Link #47
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Yamada seems nice enough. Socially awkward but does the right thing when circumstances demand it.
Old 2023-04-11, 12:11   Link #48
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Akane strikes me as the type who invests in and basically throws 100% of herself in a relationship for good or bad, which really worked against her here, though hopefully now that she's decided to change she might actually be able to better herself .
I hope so. Perhaps I was being a bit too critical; I think the tossing of the necklace does signify she's grown a bit in this episode. Not exactly sure what that'll exactly change, but guess we'll see next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yamada seems nice enough. Socially awkward but does the right thing when circumstances demand it.
Yeah, I'll give him points for being okay, if a bit bland. Hoping he also grows out of his 'only gaming' mindset.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-11, 12:53   Link #49
jequirity

Reminds me a bit of Wotakoi, with an art style I associate with older josei manga. Excluding the tech, this could have been from 2010.

Even when I was actually in high school I preferred series that were set on Earth but in college or the workforce. Anime's focus on high school (10 years ago, at least) sometimes strikes me as sad on a meta level: there is life after high school, and so much stuff happens then that doesn't happen in high school! I like that the friendships cross that boundary. When I was in college I probably wouldn't have dated a high school student, but I would certainly have been open to friendship. I feel like I don't see those mixed-age non-familial groups in slice of life anime, only in fantasy.
jequirity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-11, 15:13   Link #50
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jequirity View Post
Reminds me a bit of Wotakoi, with an art style I associate with older josei manga. Excluding the tech, this could have been from 2010.
It reminded me a lot of Wotakoi. Especially the game.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-11, 17:45   Link #51
Tenzen12

Quote:
Yeah, I'll give him points for being okay, if a bit bland. Hoping he also grows out of his 'only gaming' mindset.
As long as this is supposed be love story He indeed need to get character development, but I don't think it's necessary to call it "growth". It would be more of sidegrade then upgrade.
Old 2023-04-11, 19:18   Link #52
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Fair warning but there is going to be at least a bit of school life stuff here and there considering Yamada is still a student and his school's 'cool beauty' or ice prince or something. It won't be overwhelming though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-15, 19:52   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Fair enough that Ruri ended up being a (good looking) guy. Kind of makes sense. Yamada seems like the type that would actually put time into a game like that because a friend is running the guild. Both in game and outside, he seems like a good person. Curious how he'll respond when noting what is kind of bubbling there between Akane and Yamada.

It was also nice to get a chance to see a bit more of what happened that night. Of course Akane kind of ruined her good moment there by throwing up . But on the positive side she did get a lot of good moments there. The raw emotion definitely stirred up some feelings with Yamada. Though how much of that was overshadowed by the puking...who knows .

No shock that Akane isn't up for a random group date right now. Nothing against the guy showing interest (he's got good taste), but she's just not feeling that right now. With Yamada things are much safer because he doesn't show that much interest.
Old 2023-04-15, 21:13   Link #54
grecefar

Lol his FPS team are pretty hardcore, there were out for blood when yamada told them about akane, it was hilarious.

To be honest I'm not worried about the gothic lolita, I'm more worry about ruruhime.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-15, 23:19   Link #55
Frontier

It’s nice to see Akane out there and trying to move on with a group date…even though she’s obviously not into it. Ironically now she’s become that kind of person who is more into her online game than dating! Though it helps that Yamada is involved .

Momo saying what we’ve all been thinking about Ruri. And she was right! Minus him being old. Although I’m kind of glad the obvious suspect was just a misdirect .

Akane feeling like a third wheel between Yamada when she sees how close they are and wondering if they’re an item…and feels the first pangs of jealousy when she imagine Yamada with another woman .

Peak relatable moment when you see a guy you met at a group date and can’t remember his name while he’s still shooting his shot .

Can I just mention again how cute and stylish Akane is? Because I feel it goes without saying .

Natsuki Hanae as a pretty boy pulling all the smooth moves on Akane! Though he’s 100% a gamer, which makes more sense when you realize he and Yamada are buds. And funnily enough it makes Akane more comfortable around him .

An episode without Akane making a fool out of herself and getting into an awkward moment with Yamada? Of course not! Although that old dude challenging Yamada and being terrified of Akane was priceless. I don’t think Akane and the girl are going to get along though

Flashback! You have to admire Yamada for dragging a drunk and unconscious woman all the way back to his place and letting her crash on his bed while his FPS team rake him over the coals for having a woman over…though admittedly they do have a romantic moment together of Akane embracing him and Yamada not letting her go while she pours her heart out, though we were all waiting for the moment Akane said she had to puke to kill the moment .
Old 2023-04-16, 00:59   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So the guild finally decides to hold its offline meetup... and Akane will finally find out the faces behind the other people in the guild. I really really hope that Rurihime isn't some plot twist that "she" is the timid guy. I'd prefer that Rurihime IRL is actually just an introvert who texts like an extrovert.

Also we get to finally see some more details of Akane's "unintended sleepover" at Yamada's place. Gotta wonder if Yamada fell in love with Akane during that moment of vulnerability. At the very least we get confirmation that he actually has a heart... it's just that he thinks that romance is a general pain in the ass.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 03:21   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Easily the most interesting episode of the 3 so far IMO.
Old 2023-04-16, 06:21   Link #58
kuroyanagi

Not sure if the juxtaposition was intended on part of the creators, but ep 3 illustrates something that I can relate a lot to when it comes to dating and friendships: Akane intimidates the normie guy by being too much of a gamer, but is also too much of a casual to get the convo flowing with someone hardcore like the glasses guy lol.
Old 2023-04-16, 08:48   Link #59
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So the guild finally decides to hold its offline meetup... and Akane will finally find out the faces behind the other people in the guild. I really really hope that Rurihime isn't some plot twist that "she" is the timid guy. I'd prefer that Rurihime IRL is actually just an introvert who texts like an extrovert.
My guess would really be on her being the timid guy in the background but let's see.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 09:30   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Also we get to finally see some more details of Akane's "unintended sleepover" at Yamada's place. Gotta wonder if Yamada fell in love with Akane during that moment of vulnerability. At the very least we get confirmation that he actually has a heart... it's just that he thinks that romance is a general pain in the ass.
Rurihime totally is the guy (whom I didn't really find shy). He knew about "Akanecchi", he started a guild with a friend...

The gothloli is probably Yamada's little sister or something.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance