AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-30, 04:51   Link #581
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Nono I meant I saw some spoileriffic questions and I was wondering whether or not to run before people start answering them.
is the anime still following the game?

sorry I didn't manage to remember the story in the game. It felt like phatasy star to me that I only played it for the sake of playing it. I didn't bothered with the story.
Old 2015-09-30, 09:53   Link #582
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Not even close. There's some traces of it with the Aegis Project, but Lindow, Alisa, and Schicksal might as well be completely different characters.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 12:38   Link #583
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post

sorry I didn't manage to remember the story in the game. It felt like phatasy star to me that I only played it for the sake of playing it. I didn't bothered with the story.
Yes, it is, but in a different manner. It's adding more stuff and character background, not to mention the first encounter with the Dyaus Pita. Adapting a game is always difficult, and when it comes to one that consists in exterminating big ass mutant foes in missions, they have to be more creative instead of the usual one mission per episode method.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 01:40   Link #584
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Nono I meant I saw some spoileriffic questions and I was wondering whether or not to run before people start answering them.
Same here, I just hold myself from in-depth discussion with the anime because it can lead to spoiler boom.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 05:55   Link #585
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Last Four Episodes of God Eater Delayed Until Winter 2016
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 06:29   Link #586
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
WHAT The H........ JUst when it reach the good part..............
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 06:36   Link #587
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Didn't we already know this?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 07:13   Link #588
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Um, no? At least I don't remember it...that sucks, I can't recall any single cour being split over two different seasons, but whatever, it's better than not having anything at all...I guess.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 10:18   Link #589
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Um, no? At least I don't remember it...that sucks, I can't recall any single cour being split over two different seasons, but whatever, it's better than not having anything at all...I guess.
It's not really split. They just fucked up the production so much they couldn't air the remaining episodes. God Eater is an enormous blunder.
Old 2015-10-03, 10:39   Link #590
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
God Eater really is just something that is better off being marathoned at once it's finished. There has just been so many delays.
Old 2015-10-04, 03:34   Link #591
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
But.. They said it at the end of episode 9. We even talked about it in this very thread.

On a side note, I wouldn't call this show a blunder just because they messed up the scheduling. That doesn't actually take away from the quality of the show itself. :facepalm:
Old 2015-10-04, 04:04   Link #592
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
On a side note, I wouldn't call this show a blunder just because they messed up the scheduling. That doesn't actually take away from the quality of the show itself. :facepalm:
It doesn't matter what you call it, it is a blunder. If you can't turn in an episode on time in this industry, you've failed. You don't seem to understand how big a deal it is. When it happens four times in the span of 13 weeks, it's a complete disaster.

You think it's ok because they didn't make the mistake of airing unfinished or rushed episodes (like what happened with Dragon Ball Super recently), but what happened here is even worse in the eyes of the profession.
Old 2015-10-04, 06:45   Link #593
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well I'm so very sorry for not understanding how some scheduling issues somehow make the visuals ugly or the audio ear bleeding. Maybe you can explain how that works?
Old 2015-10-04, 10:05   Link #594
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Well I'm so very sorry for not understanding how some scheduling issues somehow make the visuals ugly or the audio ear bleeding. Maybe you can explain how that works?
Err, they don't? It seems you have some serious reading comprehension problems. I'm precisely trying to explain to you how being forced to delay episodes is just as bad as turning in episodes with terrible animation. In both cases, the show is regarded as a disaster. It doesn't matter how pretty the animation is.
Old 2015-10-04, 10:25   Link #595
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Why doesn't it matter? Why does one bad thing invalidate all the good things? That's awfully short sighted.

I judge things based on the quality of the actual work that was actually put into it.
Why would I call a series bad just because someone decided it's not fast enough? Who gets to decide that anyway?

Maybe I just can't understand this. It feels a lot like entitlement. If it's not.. Well at least understand why it feels that way.
Old 2015-10-04, 13:28   Link #596
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Err, they don't? It seems you have some serious reading comprehension problems. I'm precisely trying to explain to you how being forced to delay episodes is just as bad as turning in episodes with terrible animation. In both cases, the show is regarded as a disaster. It doesn't matter how pretty the animation is.
I'd blame that more on Bamco for rushing the anime to promote God Eater Ressurrection.
Old 2015-10-04, 18:50   Link #597
csuree
The Most Hated™

Quote:
Then let me tell you a perfect example of this. Naruto vs six path of pain fight. I know the rest of the episodes and their quality. But when i saw that fight i just wanted to vomit. The animation at times was so sub standard that even a 4 year old can draw better than that.

And thank god they did not do something like that here. If they brought out sh!tty animation just to be on schedule we would be even more furious. Better late with quality than to be on time with some cr@p.
Old 2015-10-04, 18:54   Link #598
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So.... you basically agree with me.
Old 2015-10-04, 19:33   Link #599
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Why doesn't it matter? Why does one bad thing invalidate all the good things? That's awfully short sighted.

I judge things based on the quality of the actual work that was actually put into it.
Why would I call a series bad just because someone decided it's not fast enough? Who gets to decide that anyway?

Maybe I just can't understand this. It feels a lot like entitlement. If it's not.. Well at least understand why it feels that way.
Speaking from a fan's perspective, you might have a point, but from a business perspective, Kanon is correct, God Eater has blundered badly.

Producing a product in a timely fashion is the cornerstone of business. Messing up once is one thing, but multiple times? It speaks to a critical failure somewhere in the process.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 19:51   Link #600
Shadow5YA

Quote:

I also appreciate the unique style that went into this, but it's pretty obvious with the way the show was written that they were cutting corners due to a lack of time.

Remember all these God Eaters Lenka commanded to victory in episode 8? Can you name them all? Or their defining personality traits, fighting styles, etc.?

How about Kota? Even with no knowledge of the rest aside, we see him in the OP and have an early appearance in the show, which should be enough to conclude that he should have some level of importance in the show. So why has he had little screentime so far?

Animation involves more than just visuals. It also involves storyboarding and a script, something which has been clearly lacking.

Tags
action