Notices

Old 2011-01-20, 14:25   Link #6041
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspark View Post
wow like ... the reverse shit thing
Spoiler for 120:

if Seo doesnt give a shit about the readers and its popularity and goes for any ending he chose . thats 1 point for seo , in my opinion :]
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 15:01   Link #6042
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

120 was okay. What was with the final bubble though... it doesn't make any sense??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
eventually

but unlike Suzuka I don't think they have a good place to pause the story
They just change the story. Instead of Yuzuki going to Tokyo, she stays. Unless they decide to start the anime after the manga ends, then it's a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
He was going to earn some man points and he was cockblocked by his sis...
He was doing good, he was! I think his hand was a little too premature but he was doing good.
Old 2011-01-20, 17:08   Link #6043
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for 120:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 17:32   Link #6044
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
He was going to earn some man points and he was cockblocked by his sis...
Haha thats just Aoi-onee-sama's (bro-con) sixth sense kicking in, she knew Haruto was about to get some so she enter stage right. she won't let any have any

Yea still holding on to the dream, lads

When Asuka asked "is that what you've been thinking about all this time?" that was Haruto's cue to reply "Hell yeah, you fell asleep last time, of course it's all I'm thinking about for this trip!!!"

Well since Akari and Kiyomi are basically very sub-characters now and 2 of my favorites for this series, I'm gonna go ahead and jump on the Akari X Kiyomi ship now
Old 2011-01-20, 17:51   Link #6045
dadarksider

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Or they could just go right next door to Asuka's room, since she lives alone and they would have total privacy to do whatever they want...

...but of course that would never happen.
haha he could but he is too worried bout clearing out the misunderstanding to his sis....
dadarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 18:11   Link #6046
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Or they could just go right next door to Asuka's room, since she lives alone and they would have total privacy to do whatever they want...

...but of course that would never happen.
Quoted for truth. Wonder if Seo realises or he's too far gone to give a damn anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
ffs those teasers of haruto and asuka he puts near the end of chapters is really starting to annoy me.
interesting suzuka cameo though. even though i have no memory of who those 2 are.
They're Yamato's cousin Miho and his aunt. Aoi and Asuka live in the same apartment complex owned by his aunt. I think Miho is a year or two older than Haruto since she was in college before he left Hiroshima for good.

A Yamato/Suzuka cameo would be cool since they still live there(or it seems so going by what Miho said)
Old 2011-01-20, 18:14   Link #6047
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

saw the development in chapter 120 from the 1st page and knew it was going to end just like it did, that chapter was maybe a little too predictable

also, I miss the feel of the manga that was present during the first part when haruto still like nanami, those were the good old days

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 18:31   Link #6048
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
A Yamato/Suzuka cameo would be cool since they still live there(or it seems so going by what Miho said)
I'm waiting for a faceless (probably only see his back) Yamato to give Haruto some hard learned advice. I don't think we'll ever see Suzuka or Yamato.
Old 2011-01-20, 20:13   Link #6049
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Where are you Shiori!? Please show the photos to Asuka so they could break up already...
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:16   Link #6050
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler for 120:
quite the opposite for me. It shows Seo's truly avoiding anything intimate and lasting between Haruto and Asuka.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:20   Link #6051
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
quite the opposite for me. It shows Seo's truly avoiding anything intimate and lasting between Haruto and Asuka.
Yea, there's always something getting in the way between their first . But this is Seo, I woudn't be suprised if all this teasing actually leads to the deed being done between those two. Then that would seal the deal for Suzuka er... I mean Asuka to win in the end.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 20:46   Link #6052
Nemuru

hmmm........... it feels like I'm on my last life line with this series, I don't have issue with the direction its heading towards but why does Asuka and Haruto relationship seems so force that its feels like it's been shoved down readers throats and being told to just accept.

wanting actually development where people act like couples is too hard for Seo to write >.>. After finishing Ai Yori Aoshi coming back to this series is like heaven and hell
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 21:02   Link #6053
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Yes... that is indeed the truth. Poor Haruto too... there goes one more notch on the belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
hmmm........... it feels like I'm on my last life line with this series, I don't have issue with the direction its heading towards but why does Asuka and Haruto relationship seems so force that its feels like it's been shoved down readers throats and being told to just accept.

wanting actually development where people act like couples is too hard for Seo to write >.>. After finishing Ai Yori Aoshi coming back to this series is like heaven and hell
You find it hard to accept because of the time skip. We saw no progression. It has nothing to do with Seo's writing ability.

And it's hard to compare Ai Yori Aoshi to this. The audiences are slightly different and the story itself is totally different. You are reading Umi no Misaki, right?
Old 2011-01-20, 21:13   Link #6054
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
Yea, there's always something getting in the way between their first . But this is Seo, I woudn't be suprised if all this teasing actually leads to the deed being done between those two. Then that would seal the deal for Suzuka er... I mean Asuka to win in the end.
then she gets pregnant and gets and abortion but haruto finds out dun dun dun. That's where it's meant to deviate from Suzuka and go to the Honoka character
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 21:30   Link #6055
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes... that is indeed the truth. Poor Haruto too... there goes one more notch on the belt.

You find it hard to accept because of the time skip. We saw no progression. It has nothing to do with Seo's writing ability.

And it's hard to compare Ai Yori Aoshi to this. The audiences are slightly different and the story itself is totally different. You are reading Umi no Misaki, right?
I am reading umi no misaki, beside that time skip is a relevant factor on ones writing ability since it is a writing decision when he could had chosen the alternative and actually show progression. To me Asuka has had at least 15 chapter although its more like 3 chapters are actually devoted to her doing nothing and the rest are on other character. Atm I'm willing to be tease with just random flash back that the audience never saw, when the main protagonist starts sprouting I love you and there's no reference where the audience can relate too it just becomes nonsense, am I suppose to start believing in magic now?
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 21:38   Link #6056
justavisitor

Quote:
but this time, seo uses Takashi to say that Haruto probably likes Asuka more...Honoka never got that treatment in Suzuka, perhaps there is hope for Asuka
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:06   Link #6057
Shadow5YA

Technically, Seo could go either way. However, if he chooses the Asuka route, then all the random cockblocks lose significance and become just random oneshot chapters that Seo writes to extend the series without progressing the main story. If he chooses Eba, then all the frustration he went through with Kazama means nothing with this reset... though honestly, I wouldn't mind a retcon of that horrible story arc.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:09   Link #6058
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
but this time, seo uses Takashi to say that Haruto probably likes Asuka more...Honoka never got that treatment in Suzuka, perhaps there is hope for Asuka
Hasn't Takashi been wrong almost every time?
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 22:21   Link #6059
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
I am reading umi no misaki, beside that time skip is a relevant factor on ones writing ability since it is a writing decision when he could had chosen the alternative and actually show progression. To me Asuka has had at least 15 chapter although its more like 3 chapters are actually devoted to her doing nothing and the rest are on other character. Atm I'm willing to be tease with just random flash back that the audience never saw, when the main protagonist starts sprouting I love you and there's no reference where the audience can relate too it just becomes nonsense, am I suppose to start believing in magic now?
The time skip was necessary to establish their relationship without wasting time. I would have preferred he skip a couple of months at a time but time skips are important to stories many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Technically, Seo could go either way. However, if he chooses the Asuka route, then all the random cockblocks lose significance and become just random oneshot chapters that Seo writes to extend the series without progressing the main story. If he chooses Eba, then all the frustration he went through with Kazama means nothing with this reset... though honestly, I wouldn't mind a retcon of that horrible story arc.
It would be great if he went Asuka but it is so unlikely. Seo should have put off Yuzuki's return. Or at least have her see Haruto without him seeing her, or something. His mind is now skewed because of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Hasn't Takashi been wrong almost every time?
He is a doofus after all. I wouldn't take advice from the comic relief myself, especially Seo's.
Old 2011-01-20, 22:24   Link #6060
justavisitor

I always thought Takashi is constantly on the wrong side when he is dealing his own issue...when it comes to Haruto, Takashi is quite right (when he is serious, of course)

and I thought the whole purpose of the character like Takashi is to say out what the author wants audiences to know XD

@Shadow5YA
those cockblocks (damn why I have to use this word also XD??) will not lose any significance as long as they make it happen during the trip...when the Eba saga is over and the story is reaching its end XD...Haruto will make sure Asuka remember her promise
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life