AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-05, 14:14   Link #6081
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Well despite how her actual commanding prowess is in practice, everybody seems to be intimidated of it now. They're letting her handle this whole operation herself with just a small squad, and nobody seems to be objecting to any of it.
Remember that she was critical in solving the JS incident. Something that threatened the entirety of Mid and beyond. That and everything that happened off-screen (she's been hailed as doing amazing things repeatedly) would make for quite a resume.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:14   Link #6082
LostSome

Somehow Aki, I can`t stop seeing Quatro`s despair when Nanoha`s SLB was coming. I don`t think that Cypha`s the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Well look at it this way. Touma's thinking is being shaped up just like Nanoha's. If the opposition is not willing to listen to reason, crush them and make them listen. Remember the episode with Fate, Vita and Vivio?
Can`t say I totally disagree with you on the fact that the darker side of the guest of being stronger is almost inexistant in Nanoha...
No drugs or illegal devices in Vivid ? Everyone is completely honest ? Wow ! Even kiddy shows have cheaters.
And someone with the wrong state of mind could easily twisted Nanoha`s teaching.
But what are the chances of that ? Not that I would mind, but it`s Nanoha !

Saying that... Why Nanoha is never with the rest of S6 when they are talking about Thoma`s link with the Hulks ?
What is her opinion on that ? She`s his instructor and no one asked her ?!
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:16   Link #6083
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Nanoha is too idealistic, that's why I don't watch it much.
Even Force, for all it Darker and Edgier, still carry with it a very idealistic tone.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:19   Link #6084
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post

No drugs or illegal devices in Vivid ? Everyone is completely honest ? Wow ! Even kiddy shows have cheaters.
And someone with the wrong state of mind could easily twisted Nanoha`s teaching.
But what are the chances of that ? Not that I would mind, but it`s Nanoha !

Saying that... Why Nanoha is never with the rest of S6 when they are talking about Thoma`s link with the Hulks ?
What is her opinion on that ? She`s his instructor and no one asked her ?!
Well, maybe we will have Touma to be the first to twist Nanoha's teachings with Divide Zero Ecplise. Also, Touma seems to be closer to the Wolken and the Nakajima family as compared to Nanoha, Hayate and Fate. Not surprising as the kid is part of the Nakajima family and the Wolkens feels alike when it comes to their past encounters(explored in the drama cd). Also, Nanoha is a good instructor in terms of teaching combat skills, but seeing STS again and how she teaches Subaru and Teana, I think she is not that good in psycological education so there.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:35   Link #6085
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Somehow Aki, I can`t stop seeing Quatro`s despair when Nanoha`s SLB was coming. I don`t think that Cypha`s the only one.
In Nanoha's case is comes out unintentional, she just wanted to blast the daughter of a bi***. Cypha's intention was more clear and focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Nanoha is too idealistic, that's why I don't watch it much.
Even Force, for all it Darker and Edgier, still carry with it a very idealistic tone.
From the heroes part, yeah, but innocence and idealism are fragile values that can be easilly twisted. Nanoha have experience and wisdom to stand against twisted beliefs and poisonus arguments but Tohma is still young. Worse, he's young AND unstable, searchign desperately for answers to questions he didn't even worded properly. He's finding things and reasons to live and fight for so he's on the way of becoming a man but he still moves mroe by his feelings.

His attitude to the Huckebein is clear proof of that, his feelings towards them seems to overrule his logic and spare them of responsibility for the actions they've commited as a consequence. Tohma already started to develope thanks to his experience being possesed by the Silver Cross which was a turning point for his character but it isn't enough. He need another defining turning point in characterization to finally be able to reliably put his feelings and his duty on a scale.

Quote:
Also, Nanoha is a good instructor in terms of teaching combat skills, but seeing STS again and how she teaches Subaru and Teana, I think she is not that good in psycological education so there.
It also helps Tohma is completely immune to her "cooling head" method xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 14:41   Link #6086
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
In Nanoha's case is comes out unintentional, she just wanted to blast the daughter of a bi***. Cypha's intention was more clear and focused.
I wasn`t talking about Nanoha, Aki.
Old 2012-05-05, 14:44   Link #6087
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
I wasn`t talking about Nanoha, Aki.
I know you were talking about the reaction she provoked on Quattro, i was pointing out that Nanoha wasn't even thinking on doing that xD

I wonder how Cypha will react to defeat, judging by her speech, personality and behavior seems to be someone already used to despair. So i guess she could have a wide variety of reactions, she could even find funny to find someone actually able to subdue her xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 14:50   Link #6088
rxrx

Or she will just laugh off the defeat and come back stronger.
Old 2012-05-05, 14:57   Link #6089
LostSome

If Veyron is any indication...
Breaking a Hulk spirit in battle is not easy.
Old 2012-05-05, 14:59   Link #6090
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Or she will just laugh off the defeat and come back stronger.
Uhm, yeah, that's more or less what i meant with "finding it funny" xD

Cypha could be the Huckebein's 2nd biggest determinator after Veyron, that guy have some serious guts xD.

Talking about Veyron i think his profile lied to us. It said he's so evil even his fellow Huckebeins are wary of him and that he's generally an unpleasant person to be around... Turns out it's almost the opposite, aside of the Church thing and his first fight with Tohma where he hams up like there's no tomorrow, Veyron seems to be a pretty cool-yet-snarky guy, have a good deal of "moments" with other Huckebein mebers and he's the one with something closer to an "Heroic Resolve" among them so far. Did Tsuzuki lied about him on purpouse? Or he simply changed his mind on the way and decided to make Veyron the coolest Huckebein.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 15:05   Link #6091
rxrx

Who knows? The church thing feels more like a taunt to Touma so that he will fight and he might not be the killer. Maybe the profile is just a lie as the Hukes seems okay with each other.
Old 2012-05-05, 15:16   Link #6092
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

There's also Fifth's unresolved fate after being rescued by Veyron and Arnage. Seeing that Arnage have her own built-in reactor and Veyron lacks one i can foreshadow a future upgrade for him xD

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-05-05 at 15:36.
Old 2012-05-05, 15:34   Link #6093
LostSome

Telling that someone is evil is an awful way to descript someone...
You can be evil in SO many ways.

Veyron is clearly a lone wolf with a bad mouth.
He speaks his mind and I can see it being a problem.
He did say that he didn`t care about Curren`s schemes and even later said that leaving Thoma with TSAB was maybe a mistake.

I don`t think just anyone can react with a plug.
Maybe Thoma will have a plug harem.
I`m trying to imagine Thoma with robotic arms...
Old 2012-05-05, 15:36   Link #6094
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Oh yeah, i just remebered, rxrx i want to ask you a favour. There's a panel in Ch. 24 where Signum shows with her AEC-Equipement in which appears that Agito unisoned with her but Signum's jacket didn't dissapeared and the fire wings are nowhere to be seen. Did the dialogue explains why that happened? I wonder of what use Agito could possibly be as her spells are practically useless agaisnt Cypha xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 15:57   Link #6095
Justin_Brett

It'd be funny if Touma just never fights Veyron again and that was all a red herring.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 16:14   Link #6096
LostSome

Well, Thoma wanted to fight Veyron for revenge, probably why Veyron misled him so he would chase him.
For them to fight each other seriously, something major needs to happen.
Seeing him failed so much against the Grendels, I`ll say really big !

I`ll just say that there is no cure for the Eclipse and the only reason that Thoma is ok so far is because his infection level is low and Lily keeps it under control.
The Hulks are high level infected. Arnage said that the Hulks are all higher than Marky.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:18   Link #6097
Justin_Brett

I'm surprised he didn't show up here instead of Cypha. Yeah, we get Signum fighting her because of it, but surely the hero's enemy would take precedence.

Quote:
Remember that she was critical in solving the JS incident. Something that threatened the entirety of Mid and beyond. That and everything that happened off-screen (she's been hailed as doing amazing things repeatedly) would make for quite a resume.
That other stuff is the problem. They hail her as this super commander even though we rarely see it, and the stuff we do isn't that great.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 18:21   Link #6098
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Sems that Tsuzuki likes to take a lot of stuff for granted, forgetting that it's necessary to still have a minimum of onscreen action to support the claims of a character's competency.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2012-05-05 at 18:56.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:34   Link #6099
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
That other stuff is the problem. They hail her as this super commander even though we rarely see it, and the stuff we do isn't that great.
Yeah I think we all agree that Tsuzuki's lousy at writing an actual good military commander.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:50   Link #6100
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
In all fairness, she did pretty well in StrikerS. We tend to heap a lot of flak her way for losing the RF6 base, but we tend to do so forgetting that hindsight is 20/20. At the time, the main target of any attack (mind you they only had a vague prophecy to go by, no actual intel) was the ground headquarters. There was no clue that RF6 would be a direct target as well, yet we act like she should have known and ignore that Hayate still left two AA+ mages -a substantial force- behind to guard the place.

Though yeah, Tsuzuki sucks at writing actual military command.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force