Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 23:05   Link #6101
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasaki View Post
You mean the object of her desire, and shes really plotting to kill Villetta.
lust and love are very different things, lust tends to make people do stupid things, love (in its truest form) is something that a person needs to understand. kallen needs time to understand that, that's why she's still with the order and defending lelouch even if its hopeless. shes sorting it out in her head.
cupahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:06   Link #6102
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Send a message via AIM to Hasaki Send a message via MSN to Hasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupahe View Post
lust and love are very different things, lust tends to make people do stupid things, love (in its truest form) is something that a person needs to understand. kallen needs time to understand that, that's why she's still with the order and defending lelouch even if its hopeless. shes sorting it out in her head.
And she's going to side with the order in the end.
Hasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:07   Link #6103
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
people never just up and leave their family for the people they love, they need time to sort out themselves you can hardly blame her for not just chasing after him when the order is like her family. especially ougi who is like a brother to her.
Fuck that.

Oghi didn't give a shit about Kallen when she was taken prisoner. He didn't lose any sleep over her. He was focused on Viletta the entire time. All of his actions were about getting action from her. Rakshata had to remind him about Kallen right before the Tokyo battle. He's a bastard and he failed Naoto.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:09   Link #6104
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
and you look like a troll go hide under a bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Fuck that.

Oghi didn't give a shit about Kallen when she was taken prisoner. He didn't lose any sleep over her. He was focused on Viletta the entire time. All of his actions were about getting action from her. Rakshata had to remind him about Kallen right before the Tokyo battle. He's a bastard and he failed Naoto.
ougi is what i'd call blind lust not love. and he's also an idiot.

id like to think kallen is a bit above the garbage that is ougi and villeta, wouldnt you? being a kallen fan from what I can tell.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:10   Link #6105
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Quote:
and you look like a troll go hide under a bridge
Kallen: Mother, Brother, Ohgi, my life, all of it has been for the liberation of Japan and the Japanese. Lelouch just makes my panties wet sometimes, well I must think of the priorities. Besides, he has CC.

** Kallen dies the role of a hero **
Old 2008-08-26, 23:11   Link #6106
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:

id like to think kallen is a bit above the garbage that is ougi and villeta, wouldnt you? being a kallen fan from what I can tell.
No she isn't. Second time she abandoned him.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:12   Link #6107
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
Kallen: Mother, Brother, Ohgi, my life, all of it has been for the liberation of Japan and the Japanese. Lelouch just makes my panties wet sometimes, well I must think of the priorities. Besides, he has CC.

** Kallen dies the role of a hero **
true love > family

if you've ever read any romance story worth its weight then youd know that the common method of showing someones true love is to have them manage to face everything, think everything through, and chose love over their past bonds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
No she isn't. Second time she abandoned him.
first time she turned around and cried for him too.

you clearly have no idea how tender a girls heart is when they lay out their feelings for someone
Old 2008-08-26, 23:14   Link #6108
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
It's possible. I believe that Kallen is essential to that group. They recently lost Asahina...if Kallen were to leave...they would be down to only two decent pilots. Chiba and Todou. From a battle point of view...they would be extremely weak. So I think Kallen may have to stay with them for the sake of the plot.

Hasaki, that post you just wrote was worthless though. I suggest you delete it.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:14   Link #6109
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
true love > family

if you've ever read any romance story worth its weight then youd know that the common method of showing someones true love is to have them manage to face everything, think everything through, and chose love over their past bonds.

you clearly have no idea how tender a girls heart is when they lay out their feelings for someone
Kallen was willing to die with Lelouch despite her dreams for Japan and her mother.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:14   Link #6110
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Quote:
true love > family

Blood is thicker than water.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:15   Link #6111
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:

First of all, she cried because he had used her. Second, she kills people mercilessly (with a smile on her face every time she uses her radiation arm).
Old 2008-08-26, 23:15   Link #6112
TheDisruptiveOne

Who is her family in the order? Oghi? I could easily see her choosing Lelouch over Oghi if that choice ever came up. Tamaki, Minami, and the random other dude...I have never seen any signs that her relationship with them is all that great.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:15   Link #6113
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Kallen was willing to die with Lelouch despite her dreams for Japan and her mother.
One could argue that she was willing to die for Lelouch because she sees Lelouch as the only thing that can fulfill those dreams.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:16   Link #6114
cupahe
Banned

Quote:
First of all, she cried because he had used her. Second, she kills people mercilessly (with a smile on her face every time she uses her radiation arm).
she cried because he shattered her heart to save her, thats why she turned around and pleaded with the order to stop when she heard his last words. she understood why he broke her in her weakest moment.

and she killed people for him, she said so herself.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:17   Link #6115
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Who is her family in the order? Oghi? I could easily see her choosing Lelouch over Oghi if that choice ever came up. Tamaki, Minami, and the random other dude...I have never seen any signs that her relationship with them is all that great.
Must be blind. They all share he goals and dreams. On the other hand, shes known from day 1 of R2 that Lelouch couldn't care about her and their motives at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
One could argue that she was willing to die for Lelouch because she sees Lelouch as the only thing that can fulfill those dreams.
Oh snap!
Old 2008-08-26, 23:20   Link #6116
zalem

Quote:
Then why would she go into that heartfelt speech asking Lelouch what she is to him? Are you seriously questioning her feelings about him? I think they are plainly obvious.

It's understandable that Lelouch's feelings are unclear in the scene. He certainly views her as a friend and wants to save her, but is she more then that? It's not obvious from the scene. I think we need more scenes between the two to establish anything like that.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:21   Link #6117
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Then why would she go into that heartfelt speech asking Lelouch what she is to him? Are you seriously questioning her feelings about him? I think they are plainly obvious. It's understandable that Lelouch's feelings are unclear in the scene. He certainly views her as a friend and wants to save her, but is she more then that? It's not obvious from the scene. I think we need more scenes between the two to establish anything like that.
Safe to say he views her somewhat as a good person. She is obviously head over heels in love with him but acts very strangely to prove that. Lelouch said it best, Suzaku you are my first and last friend XD.
Old 2008-08-26, 23:23   Link #6118
Stretch5920

Quote:
I believe it's a mix of both. When Zero gave her the Guren he basically said "believe in me who believes in you" and that's pretty much when she became a Zero fangirl. And she came back in season 2 because he's the only one who's ever accomplished anything against Britannia so they need him. But it's also obvious that Kallen's feelings are part of her motivation.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:25   Link #6119
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Then why would she go into that heartfelt speech asking Lelouch what she is to him? Are you seriously questioning her feelings about him? I think they are plainly obvious.

It's understandable that Lelouch's feelings are unclear in the scene. He certainly views her as a friend and wants to save her, but is she more then that? It's not obvious from the scene. I think we need more scenes between the two to establish anything like that.
Idk I suppose a romance is also possible but I am just playing devil's advocate and saying that it is also possible that there was nothing romantic about that scene at all and was based on friendship at most.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 23:25   Link #6120
zalem

Quote:
Safe to say he views her somewhat as a good person. She is obviously head over heels in love with him but acts very strangely to prove that. Lelouch said it best, Suzaku you are my first and last friend XD.
I think he views her more than just a "good person." He cares for her. Just as he cares for C.C. Does he view either one romantically? There just isn't any evidence for either side on that front imho. At least at the moment. I'm thinking it'll simply be unresolved.

As for Kallen, I think she is confused and perhaps not even fully aware of her feelings herself. I do think she will ultimately side with Lelouch though. Her love will win out in the end.