AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-02-20, 13:23   Link #601
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Comparisons to manga/LN are fine, such removed scenes, as long as they are under spoiler tags. Discussing future content is not allowed period, even under spoiler tags.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-20, 14:07   Link #602
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Comparisons to manga/LN are fine, such removed scenes, as long as they are under spoiler tags. Discussing future content is not allowed period, even under spoiler tags.
yes, and there are discussion like that =)
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-20, 14:23   Link #603
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
wasn't there some rules that forbid to spoil novel in anime thread ? some of you clearly hint at what is comming in next episode and there is even spoiler tag discussing the novel (wich if i remember is not accepted).
If you’re talking about something I posted, it’s been a long time since I read it but I think it was already mentioned at this point in the LN. if not I’m willing to delete it. Just PM me with the future content and I’ll remove it. Either way my statement holds: rather than complaining about how little sense people think something makes before the arc even concludes it might just be better to sit and wait to see.

And honestly I didn’t get the feeling that the show was bending itself that hard to make Souma look good. He looks good yes, but it’s not THAT bad. And people aren’t just “oh you’re so amazing” all the time. I’d say the Euphoria sisters might be interested in what he has to say, or appreciate his perspective, but I can’t see them just kissing up to him.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-20, 14:41   Link #604
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Heh, Roroa finally makes an appearance. I can see how they can avoid violating the mankind declaration if Souma decides to marry her.

Honestly can't wait for the next episode
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 00:15   Link #605
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I would like to emphasize that this thread is to discuss the anime not whine about the parts of it that you don’t like. If whining is all you have to bring to this thread, then please take it elsewhere (VM, PM or make a social group).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 08:37   Link #606
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

...So what was the story that Souma was referencing about a woman inside a basket of carpets that was the same thing that Roroa did here? I'm not familiar with it.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 08:45   Link #607
Valkyrie29

This is the story of Cleopatra
Valkyrie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 19:06   Link #608
yuiichi9

Wonder how the countries around elfrieden will react to the merge with amidonia. How souma will resolve the food crisis amidonia have?

[*SNIP*]

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2022-02-21 at 21:04. Reason: Removed the off-topic part.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 19:20   Link #609
Frontier

I do wonder if Carla, who was initially depicted as a dramatic character who foolishly followed her ideals even to the point of putting her life and title on the line and willing to face execution for her actions...and then getting tasked with being basically the one person Souma trusts to take him out if he goes too far...really deserved getting turned into a comedy relief maid character for fanservice who gets dominated by a sadist maid.
Old 2022-02-21, 19:24   Link #610
yuiichi9

At least carla will be save since she will work as a maid rather than fight in the front lines in the event of a military conflict.
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 19:46   Link #611
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I do wonder if Carla, who was initially depicted as a dramatic character who foolishly followed her ideals even to the point of putting her life and title on the line and willing to face execution for her actions...and then getting tasked with being basically the one person Souma trusts to take him out if he goes too far...really deserved getting turned into a comedy relief maid character for fanservice who gets dominated by a sadist maid.
Yeah... I considered bringing up Carla the other day but figured the conversation wouldn't go anywhere particularly good. The series strength is its harem building so I'm going to ignore any aspect that has to do with anything other than adding waifus. Hopefully we get queen #5 before too long.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-21, 19:59   Link #612
Tenzen12

Harem is pretty much it's weakest part though. While Souma being able solve everything too easily to point it breaks suspension of disbelief, at least other nation politics (especially empires) make more or less sense. Harem shenanigans in other hand don't.
Old 2022-02-21, 20:35   Link #613
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Harem is pretty much it's weakest part though. While Souma being able solve everything too easily to point it breaks suspension of disbelief, at least other nation politics (especially empires) make more or less sense. Harem shenanigans in other hand don't.
I think the relationship building with Liscia is fine at least.
Old 2022-02-21, 21:45   Link #614
Tenzen12

Sort of, I can certainly believe she fallen for him, but honestly all things considered I am not buying she should be as fine as she is with him taking other wifes and even encouraging him to do so (it's bit of relieve last episode showed she does have some problem with it, but I don't think that's enough), given she herself grew in harmonious monogomaous family and by her own words it was monogamous due her father showing respect to his wife. I would have much less problem with it if her familly circumistancess were different.
Old 2022-02-22, 12:37   Link #615
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
The harem isn't justified well but its at least executed fairly well, or at least the wife collecting is. The politics stuff ends up being sort of mindless power fantasy because there's no real stakes - turning Carla into comic relief is pretty indicative of that. It also seems I was mistaken about her becoming a wife but I still think the series is best at being a harem and there's plenty more time to add a No. 5.
Old 2022-02-22, 14:52   Link #616
Tenzen12

That doesn't make any sense. How can it be executed well when it happening isn't believable due flimsy justification?

Well even putting that aside there isn't much chemistry going on. I can believe Juna, there are some good moments and Liscia though while believable is completely uninteresting (so not exactly good execution either).
Old 2022-02-22, 15:19   Link #617
Huh...?

I am not sure, why people are worrying about Harem stuff, when normally even general monogamic relationships are not handled properly in a Shounen Series.

Male-Female character relationships have always been a weak point for a Shounen Series, be it mono or poly, so no need to say whether its weak or unjustified.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-22, 15:22   Link #618
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

You guys are going to get the thread locked again...
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-22, 15:28   Link #619
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I am not sure, why people are worrying about Harem stuff, when normally even general monogamic relationships are not handled properly in a Shounen Series.

Male-Female character relationships have always been a weak point for a Shounen Series, be it mono or poly, so no need to say whether its weak or unjustified.
Well in shonen romantic relationship make like 1% of story, sometime not even that. That said if it's relevant enough and it's bad, you will still get people complain, that's not really matter of whether there is one waifu or five. What's bad is bad.

As for this show, it's only "bad" in sense that there is no reason to care. No matter who or how many new wifes join , I doubt anyone will give a damn. and if there are some... well, good for them I guess. Personaly I wouldn't care even if they died or divorced and went for someone else.
Old 2022-02-22, 15:49   Link #620
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense. How can it be executed well when it happening isn't believable due flimsy justification?
I think you're misunderstanding something, what I think it "executes well" is basically housewife Pokemon, not romance. In general I wouldn't compare isekai romance to your typical Jump shonen or something either but you guys are getting way off topic.