AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-01, 23:34   Link #6221
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
Now I've never read Suzuka (I plan and need to) so when you were making a connection, did you imply that Nanami/Asuka will make a come back like Tsukasa in Ichigo 100% or are you saying Eba will be the final since it's obvious?

Maybe I should pick up Suzuka over the weekend...
Lol, Tsukasa never made a comeback she was always winning >.>, geez I'm wondering if I read a different manga to everyone else.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 02:22   Link #6222
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Lol, Tsukasa never made a comeback she was always winning >.>, geez I'm wondering if I read a different manga to everyone else.
It's been awhile since I read this but even the ending surprised me of Ichigo 100%, I thought for sure Aya(?) was going to be the final girl. And I still felt like Tsukasa did have to make a come back, she went to a different school and broke up(?) with Junpei correct?? and then she went to Paris (but at that time, I felt something towards her being the ending)??? going to a different school while theres the girl he's always been looking for and it happens to be Aya(?) all along?!? Followed him to a lesser school for the sake of being with him???!? haha that's enough flattery to make a married man a little nervous in my book.

When Tsukasa was revealed that she was the ending girl and limp wimpy Haruto... whoops, Junpei (Almost the same man except Haruto likes cooking and Junpei like movies) waited for her for 4 years, I thought that was one of the biggest plots twists in romantic manga history! (I seriously need to re-read that manga)

Didn't mean to go on such a tangent in a Kimi no Iru Machi forum but if Seo can pull off an Asuka win for the end, it would rival that of Ichigo 100% in shockness and would make Seo a much better writer in my opinion (IF he can pull it off) 'cause we all know if Asuka and Haruto part, it's a 100% guarantee an Eba ending and then the story will end boringly, unlike Ichigo 100% which literally had me guessing til the last chapter basically.

"That's all I got to say 'bout that." has Forrest Gump would so happily put it

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 02:46   Link #6223
Nemuru

Quote:
It's been awhile since I read this but even the ending surprised me of Ichigo 100%, I thought for sure Aya(?) was going to be the final girl. And I still felt like Tsukasa did have to make a come back, she went to a different school and broke up(?) with Junpei correct?? and then she went to Paris (but at that time, I felt something towards her being the ending)??? going to a different school while theres the girl he's always been looking for and it happens to be Aya(?) all along?!? Followed him to a lesser school for the sake of being with him???!? haha that's enough flattery to make a married man a little nervous in my book.

When Tsukasa was revealed that she was the ending girl and limp wimpy Haruto... whoops, Junpei (Almost the same man except Haruto likes cooking and Junpei like movies) waited for her for 4 years, I thought that was one of the biggest plots twists in romantic manga history! (I seriously need to re-read that manga)

Didn't mean to go on such a tangent in a Kimi no Iru Machi forum but if Seo can pull off an Asuka win for the end, it would rival that of Ichigo 100% in shockness and would make Seo a much better writer in my opinion (IF he can pull it off) 'cause we all know if Asuka and Haruto part, it's a 100% guarantee an Eba ending and then the story will end boringly, unlike Ichigo 100% which literally had me guessing til the last chapter basically.

"That's all I got to say 'bout that." has Forrest Gump would so happily put it
I suggest you read the ichigo 100% thread. Aya had the default girl feel to her being the first one that Junpei laid his eyes on. However, romance is developed over time which cannot be changed.

Spoiler for ichigo~:

Well I'm going to say you’re alone on that one if you felt it surprise you. I'm sure people are more disappointed than shocked.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 09:59   Link #6224
justavisitor

actually, even if Asuka becomes the end girl, it's not as "shocking" as ichigo 100% imo....in here, at the very least, Eba broke up with Haruto and she was gone missing for 10+ chapters...in ichigo 100%...aya was always there

But these two mangas are completely different anyways...ichigo 100% is more hilarious and ecchi while this manga is "supposed" to be a more pure teenage romance manga...besides...Aya was the victim from the author trying to milk more cash because the ichigo was pretty popular....so she couldn't confess until volume 18 ...but I don't see Seo has this problem XD...I think he has a timeline of ending this manga, and believe me, no one will ask him to drag out more (probably the publisher will tell him something like "ok, 180 chapters is the max, do what you want in those chapters" XD)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 10:15   Link #6225
Dorsai

Ichigo was shocking only for idiots who read too much harlem, triangle,ecchi manga and expect to end it in similar way, like always... It was enough hints to expect who can win... But Ichigo even with more realistic ending was still only next harlem, ecchi manga, like hundreds in market... Kimi isnt this type of manga and its not good to compare it to Ichigo...

Quote:
.but I don't see Seo has this problem XD...I think he has a timeline of ending this manga, and believe me, no one will ask him to drag out more (probably the publisher will tell him something like "ok, 180 chapters is the max, do what you want in those chapters" XD)
And thats why i like Seo... He have guts and isnt afraid of useless complains from his fans... He had plan for this manga from begining and consistently realised it...

Quote:
Junpei (Almost the same man except Haruto likes cooking and Junpei like movies)
Lol in which way they are similar? They are different type of main hero...

Spoiler for Ichigo and Anedoki:

Last edited by Dorsai; 2011-02-02 at 12:58.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 11:39   Link #6226
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

haha guess I stand alone here, oh well, Ichigo 100% was one of my first harem ecchi mangas so I guess it got to me? But I don't believe Seo has a timeline, I don't think he has planned it all out completely yet, otherwise I think he would have done a little better with the Kazuma arc

Even though I don't hate that arc like other people, I still felt like it could have been done better and maybe it was a little rushed, it at least should have had a better build up instead of being over as quickly as it begun

I think Seo has a decent outline planned out, but with spots with room to extend and post-pone the end

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-02-02, 11:54   Link #6227
justavisitor

No you are not alone here...this is from a huge Aya fan in ichigo 100% (I was in a huge shock and disappointment XD)

As for the timeline issue...let me clarify a bit here...what I tried to say is, this is not ichigo 100%...no one will force Seo to milk it because of the popularity issue...Of course, Seo can milk it for himself..but what I wanted to emphasize on is that I don't think there is any demand from anyone to urge him keep going

On other side, I think Seo is doing ok that his work won't get cancelled prematurely...so basically he can do anything he wants (as long as he is reasonable)...the worst thing he can do is to drag out his work beyond tolerable level and then someone will come out and demand him to end it (kind of like Suzuka at the end, but I think/hope he learns his lesson)

so far I think he is doing alright...so I am not worrying that he has to change the plot because someone wants him to end this manga now/drag it out more..he can still do what he wants to do...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-02-02, 12:13   Link #6228
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
so far I think he is doing alright...so I am not worrying that he has to change the plot because someone wants him to end this manga now/drag it out more..he can still do what he wants to do...
I can see what your saying, I do believe he has a chance to end it very well or it could all blow up in his face, hopefully it won't be the latter of the choices

I feel like right now that he may be doing a little too much at one time (with Eba's re-appearance, sexual situations with Asuka, and this new girl Shiroi who hasn't got much screen time yet at all), but then again, he may need all of this to end Asuka x Haruto in a realistic legit way

this is the first romance manga that I've read chapter to chapter so I never really have dissected any story while it's still being released

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-02-03, 15:42   Link #6229
dadarksider

Quote:
I can see what your saying, I do believe he has a chance to end it very well or it could all blow up in his face, hopefully it won't be the latter of the choices

I feel like right now that he may be doing a little too much at one time (with Eba's re-appearance, sexual situations with Asuka, and this new girl Shiroi who hasn't got much screen time yet at all), but then again, he may need all of this to end Asuka x Haruto in a realistic legit way

this is the first romance manga that I've read chapter to chapter so I never really have dissected any story while it's still being released
ya dude i know what for some reason i feel the same thing is going to happen. Remember the part haruto asks nanami why she didnt date him and end of the chapter she slapped him saying you dont care about me and made haruto realize that he is in love with Eba. I have a strange feeling that something is going to happen like that to haruto again.
dadarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 16:32   Link #6230
SidVicious
Anime addict

Meh...I don't like Rin.
Old 2011-02-03, 17:07   Link #6231
Jarppa

I think that Rin is awesome character. You always need someone who likes to mess things up

And she is cute too..
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 17:41   Link #6232
Johnny
Working the bags...

ch 122...

Wow, look another situation where Haruto is a big dumbass. Who would have thought it would happen again...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 18:06   Link #6233
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Chapter 122 is out...
Spoiler for Chapter 122:
Old 2011-02-03, 18:26   Link #6234
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

This latest chapter made realize I'm still on team Asuka...

But Rin's appearance does make it much more interesting. I think this is where the manga will get out of it's newly formed rut and get back to being fun again

Hopefully...

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
Old 2011-02-03, 19:16   Link #6235
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So did this piece of shit get readable?
I just saw the title had "bombshell" in it, so i had to skip through it immediately.
And damn, Rin-chan's a looker now O.o
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 19:38   Link #6236
justavisitor

@LeaD36
I think you are the only one who can decide whether to follow this manga or not

imo, this manga is very readable lol...it may not be the best, but at least every week I am eager to find out what happens next and never miss it...unlike some other mangas like naruto or bleach, sometimes I actually forget that they exist and I will pick them up 3 or 4 chapters later XD

so you decide
Old 2011-02-03, 20:27   Link #6237
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Holy hell Rin.

Those puppies just popped up out of nowhere, didn't they?

Can I take them home with me?

:3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 20:44   Link #6238
dadarksider

I fucking hate rin she ruins everything just like the time when she let her big mouth on and ruin everything between nanami and haruto; now i think she is here to do it agin. she really needs to mind her own business. I swear to god if she ruins everything with asuka i will fucking kill her(even tho its not possible....rofl) but i still think she needs to mind her own business. so agrees with me quote me if u do and if dont screw you lmao just kidding(not)....hhah<------------------------------ dont take it personally.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:0,s:0
dadarksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 20:56   Link #6239
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadarksider View Post
I fucking hate rin she ruins everything just like the time when she let her big mouth on and ruin everything between nanami and haruto; now i think she is here to do it agin. she really needs to mind her own business. I swear to god if she ruins everything with asuka i will fucking kill her(even tho its not possible....rofl) but i still think she needs to mind her own business. so agrees with me quote me if u do and if dont screw you lmao just kidding(not)....hhah<------------------------------ dont take it personally.http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:0,s:0
i say good riddance. The Haruto/ Asuka romance is boring and not moving the story anywhere.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 21:05   Link #6240
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
This latest chapter made realize I'm still on team Asuka...

But Rin's appearance does make it much more interesting. I think this is where the manga will get out of it's newly formed rut and get back to being fun again

Hopefully...
Of course it will. Rin will be the catalyst again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@LeaD36
I think you are the only one who can decide whether to follow this manga or not

imo, this manga is very readable lol...it may not be the best, but at least every week I am eager to find out what happens next and never miss it...unlike some other mangas like naruto or bleach, sometimes I actually forget that they exist and I will pick them up 3 or 4 chapters later XD

so you decide
This is definitely readable, and quite enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadarksider View Post
I fucking hate rin she ruins everything just like the time when she let her big mouth on and ruin everything between nanami and haruto; now i think she is here to do it agin. she really needs to mind her own business. I swear to god if she ruins everything with asuka i will fucking kill her(even tho its not possible....rofl) but i still think she needs to mind her own business. so agrees with me quote me if u do and if dont screw you lmao just kidding(not)....hhah
I think you need to calm down a little... cause even if Rin doesn't shake the boat, something will happen and Asuka will get the bad part of the deal (or the good part, since Haruto isn't exactly the ideal guy, right? haha).

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life