AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-29, 18:32   Link #621
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I guess some thoughts about the first two speculations.

1. I don't think there is any risk at all of the club being disbanded if he falls in love with Airi. In fact, Airi is a member of the club, and she joined (basically) for his sake! She'd presumably have no problem continuing to stay around if it's important to Shingo (since that's pretty much why she's there; ref: conversation between Hayata and the principal in Episode 7). Nor do I think there will necessarily be a "bad atmosphere" between Airi or Miu if either one of them are "chosen". If it did come down to a choice between the two girls, I think Shingo would just have to choose -- but I have a hard time imagining what would compel him to choose either. Other than the end of the show approaching, he has endless time (and he hasn't particularly shown a real drive to get a girlfriend), and he would probably choose neither to avoid a bad atmosphere developing.
I have been really brief in my spec, I know. I agree with you that there are no risks for the club, friendship or anything, but I was guessing on Uryuu way of thinking. I mean, people tend to be more preservative when they have to face their soft spots or fears, and if love is involved everything looks bigger and emotional. so it could happen that a judgment results to be a misjudgment in the end. My assumption on club and all were meant to be Uryuu's, who in a way or the other will be involved more deeply than before (and it looks he starting to be involved) so much to be less accurate in his presumptions. On the other hand I'm expecting something (a bad atmosphere) to stress him out. Something that will compel him to choose. I'd like to see it. First because I want ( ) a closure, second because in other case Uryuu will not have his solution, like the other characters had and, I'm expecting, will have. And I agree he doesn't show any urge to get a girlfriend (and in a way this is a circumstantial evidence that until now (ep 8) he had no feelings for any girl (until now). But what will he do when he has?)

Quote:
2. I don't think Sana's feelings are hurt primarily because he's at risk of choosing Miu, nor will she feel better if Shingo chooses Airi. The issue with Sana is that she wants him to choose her. So I can't imagine him staying away from Miu for Sana's sake, because that really solves nothing at this point. If he did that thinking he was being "kind" that would only make things worse.
Here is the same, your point of view follows Sana's pov and mine Uryuu's. But taking in count the slammed door, Uryuu has not that sort of (wrong) kindness. And I admit as speculation it was not so strong.
Quote:
To be honest, this story has been primarily driven by crises, so if they're going to drift away from the Sana/Miu route and back towards Airi, I think the only way is that there has to be some sort of crisis that gets Shingo's attention focused back on her. As he works to resolve that crisis, he'll find himself getting closer to that character, and eventually decide that he loves her. That's basically the way things have been progressing with Miu so far (and with Airi before), but it basically depends on whether the story diverges before they hit that point of no return.
I had to agree with your logical analysis, even if my hopes rely on my previous words instead of something so measured. But having read your previous posts, so accurate and hit on the nail, I know mine are vain hopes

As a marginal note talking about miu/airi timing, what comes up to my mind is True Tears. Hiromi too was early in his timing ...

Last thing, cause I'm seeing to many spoilers, I have to stay away, it's about Akane-iro
Spoiler for Akane-iro:

EDIT: Ok, I couldn't resist and I opened the last previous spoiler tag. Luckily was a very nice view
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 19:03   Link #622
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A little late this week; watched this episode in the airport while waiting for my next flight. But anyway...

Spoiler for Episode 9 (with minor game comparisons):
Old 2011-11-29, 20:20   Link #623
Brimstone
Banned

Spoiler for Based on Episode 9:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-29 at 22:51. Reason: Out of consideration for non-raw viewers
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-29, 23:27   Link #624
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Spoiler for Based on Episode 9:
Spoiler for Episode 9 with some minor game comparisons:
Old 2011-11-29, 23:47   Link #625
Brimstone
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 9 with some minor game comparisons:
Spoiler:
Brimstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:24   Link #626
Vena
Carpe Diem

Everyone is far to praising, I feel driven to be critical just to even out the mood.

Spoiler for Bored, and because I love to be that guy:

After this is over I need to find another adaptation to watch as all this talk has gotten me in the mood for more drama, recommendations?
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:31   Link #627
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for I know that feel:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:39   Link #628
hyl
reading #hikaributts

@vena: after you finish reading the VN, you will understand why Sakuno's or Ange's story would not have fit in the anime
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:42   Link #629
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
@vena: after you finish reading the VN, you will understand why Sakuno's or Ange's story would not have fit in the anime
That's fine, and only helps my point of saying that pacing was a little off with how they even bothered to include Ange.
Old 2011-11-30, 00:45   Link #630
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I doubt that it can be said that the 2 half episodes focusing on Ange has ruined the pacing of the entire serie of 12 episodes though.

edit:
Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2011-11-30, 00:51   Link #631
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
I doubt that it can be said that the 2 half episodes focusing on Ange has ruined the pacing of the entire serie of 12 episodes though.
I would hardly say that ruined it, especially since I never said the show had ruined pacing to begin with. Just questionable decisions with regards to how things were paced. Ange's two half episodes (that is to say one whole episode of twelve, or 8.3% of all our time (to make it sound more intimidating)) being examples of but in no way is it limited to or wholly because of it.

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 9:
Spoiler for Ep. 9:
Old 2011-11-30, 00:54   Link #632
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Watched episode 9 again now that I'm settled, and a few additional thoughts... well, more like a second round of commentary.
Spoiler for Episode 9:

And incidentally, regarding Ange, I think there are a few main reasons they did it:

1. To help develop the theme of Shingo's kindness/consideration (started with Airi, developed further with Ange, and then refined/re-explored with Sana and Miu.)

2. Because it brought Ange closer to Shingo and Sakuno, and made her even more part of the "gang" (so it was natural for her to join the club)

3. It was also a chance to show a bit more Sakuno as well, since part of the plot took place at Shingo's home

4. It might also be a way of bringing the cast back together in a way at the end (since she still may wish to be Shingo's master for Shingo to be her master ( ) even if he ends up with someone else).

So I think one could argue that they could have excised it, but I don't think it hurt the overall story in a significant way. I guess the only thing that might have made it stick out a bit more than it might have otherwise was that they split it over two half-episodes with a minor cliffhanger, rather than giving her a sort of standalone ("filler"?) episode. So it seemed like she could have had an even larger role, but they ended up taking the exit rather quickly. If it was contained to an episode, you'd know it'd be over when the episode was done, and next time it'd be "back to our regular story".

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Spoiler for Ep. 9:
Spoiler for Episode 9:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-30 at 07:55. Reason: fix obvious error...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 00:56   Link #633
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Spoiler for Ep. 9:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-11-30, 01:05   Link #634
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Spoiler for Nine:
Old 2011-11-30, 01:13   Link #635
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for Nine:
Spoiler for Episode 9:

Edit: Oh yeah! Totally unrelated, but did everyone catch the clever marketing move? At the point where Sana asks Shingo if he wants a copy of her picture, the text on screen says (basically) "Those of you who want a copy of Sana's photo can go get it on our website." And here it is. It's formatted for smartphones. Nice tie-in!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-30 at 01:25. Reason: add tie-in
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 01:16   Link #636
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Spoiler for Miu:

edit:
Quote:

Edit: Oh yeah! Totally unrelated, but did everyone catch the clever marketing move? At the point where Sana asks Shingo if he wants a copy of her picture, the text on screen says (basically) "Those of you who want a copy of Sana's photo can go get it on our website." And here it is. It's formatted for smartphones. Nice tie-in!
Yes i noticed after seeing the episode. I posted the link to that before i saw this week's episode

Quote:
Sana wallpaper for smartphones o_o
and app, but i can't use that one
http://www.mashiro.tv/news/index.html#news52
edit: i somehow managed to get that wallpaper app on my smartphone, but i think this app might show us a different picture when it get's closer to the dvd /BD sales date. Because the app is 15 MB, and i doubt something that big only contains a clock and 2 images.

more edits: uploaded nuko radio 5 and i had to split it in 5 parts because youtube disallowed me to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes due an AMV that i uploaded earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3C7fd574IY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQFZN5E3lbs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o-bU4dLBGo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfbUGrFeEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBw0fWlmb74

guests ChouCho and Marble

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-30 at 02:09.
Old 2011-11-30, 01:24   Link #637
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Spoiler for Double checked:

Last edited by Vena; 2011-11-30 at 01:44.
Old 2011-11-30, 02:28   Link #638
amoirsp

Quote:
4. It might also be a way of bringing the cast back together in a way at the end (since she still may wish to be Shingo's master even if he ends up with someone else).
This quoting isn't intending to nitpick, but I certainly chuckled when I read this as "hm, Ange as Shingo's master eh?" I can't possibly imagine. (Of course you meant Shingo's maid/servant or Shingo as her master). And then I remember the Ange imagination scene. Uh yeah.

As you guys have pointed out, there was so much Sana and Miu that I almost forgot Ange is even there.

And uh
Spoiler:

I would think the route format is sealed if this were episode 10, but it's not. However, as you guys have analyzed, even though there *are* slots/openings to input to drive to another route, it would appear too shotgun.

Or, or! ... Sana ending. (Nevermind I said that).

But as you guys have also pointed out, it's possible to not even have an ending (unlikely).

If it goes one route full throttle I'd be fine with that.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Shotgun questions.

Spoiler:

Oh that marketing. More amusing since the smartphone background was pointed out before I watched it.

Last edited by amoirsp; 2011-11-30 at 02:45. Reason: Additional Inquiry.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 03:02   Link #639
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler for answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2011-11-30, 04:07   Link #640
elior

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 9:

Spoiler for Episode 9:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-11-30 at 08:04. Reason: please edit rather than double-posting
elior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, romance, seinen