AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 15:36   Link #621
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

There's already an anime of the day up.

Metropolisforever, can you please stop judging things at face value? There is NO sign of incest (yet, anyways), it is NOT lolicon, and the first episode is funny, well written, realistic, and has very high quality AIC Studio art. From what I've heard, it's not about moe but mainly more about how otaku try to fit into society.

As for Sora no Otoshimono, I heard it was good, but I don't think I'd want to watch it. I watched the first episode before, and the second season opening when I saw it posted in a blog, and my face was probably like this:
Old 2010-10-05, 18:48   Link #622
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There does look like there is going to be lolicon action going on from the picture provided There is going to possibly be "incest" if this story is mostly about the brother getting in good terms with the sister that seemed to hate him for some reason.
Old 2010-10-05, 19:37   Link #623
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

The manga is made to emphasize more fanservice, which is where the picture is taken from. The anime is following the light novels, which means it will be more storyline based.

Quote:
There is going to possibly be "incest" if this story is mostly about the brother getting in good terms with the sister that seemed to hate him for some reason.
How does "getting in good terms with the sister that seemed to hate him for some reason" equal to incest? Can there be no familial relationship development without incest? The relationship shown in Oreimo is that of a normal sibling relationship so far, and I'm disappointed in the amount of people who immediately just label this as "incest" and ignore it for that reason.

Also, talking to Metropolis is like talking to a brick wall. I give up.
Old 2010-10-05, 21:07   Link #624
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

It's your loss.

Also, I DO have confirmation from someone who read all the light novels that "Oreimo is not about incest. It’s about an evolving sibling relationship while showcasing aspects of the otaku subculture."

I'm so sick and tired of people labelling it as incest. Ugh.

Last edited by SuzushinaYuriko; 2010-10-05 at 21:43.
SuzushinaYuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:44   Link #625
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
How does "getting in good terms with the sister that seemed to hate him for some reason" equal to incest? Can there be no familial relationship development without incest? The relationship shown in Oreimo is that of a normal sibling relationship so far, and I'm disappointed in the amount of people who immediately just label this as "incest" and ignore it for that reason.
I said "probably" going to be incest, which means its either leading to incest, or a happy family relationship between the brother and sister.
Old 2010-10-06, 07:10   Link #626
christinemarie
Crazy One

Anime of the Day
Myself; Yourself

Myself ; Yourself is set in the fictional town Sakuranomori (桜乃杜?) in W Prefecture which is modeled after Wakayama Prefecture, Japan. The town is in a quiet, rural area on the southern tip of the prefecture and borders the Pacific Ocean. Sakuranomori is the birthplace of Sana Hidaka, a sixteen year old high school student, who grew up with his childhood friends Nanaka Yatsushiro, & Aoi Oribe, his best male friend Syusuke Wakatsuki, and his twin sister Syuri Wakatsuki. Sana left Sakuranomori when he was eleven years old, but returns five years later living on his own in the apartment building Aoi's family runs. Sana soon finds out that while some things have stayed the same, there are still just as many things that have changed.

The story about suicide attempt that I liked during 2007 since it has a more realistic approach than I expected, however before even K-ON emerged, one reason I watch the series on a weekly basic back then is on the anticipation of the group performing like in the opening, and the result is for everyone to find out.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:14   Link #627
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Cool

Anime of the day !

RANMA 1/2

On a training journey in the Bayankala Mountain Range in the Qinghai Province of China, Ranma Saotome and his father Genma fall into the cursed springs at Jusenkyo. When someone falls into a cursed spring, they take the physical form of whatever drowned there hundreds or thousands of years ago whenever they come into contact with cold water. The curse will revert when exposed to hot water until their next cold water exposure. Genma fell into the Spring of the Drowned Panda while Ranma fell into the Spring of the Drowned Girl.

Upon returning to Japan, the pair settle in the dojo of Genma's old friend Soun, a fellow practitioner of Musabetsu Kakutō Ryū or "Anything-Goes" school of martial arts which Soun passed on to Ranma. Genma and Soun agreed years ago that their children would marry and carry on the Tendo Dojo. Soun has three teenaged daughters: Kasumi, Nabiki and the hot-tempered, but helpful, martial arts practicing Akane. As Akane is Ranma's age she is appointed for bridal duty by her sisters. Their reasoning is that Akane dislikes men, and that Ranma is only a man half of the time; therefore, they are perfect together. Although both initially refuse the engagement having not been consulted on the decision, they are generally treated as betrothed and end up helping or saving each other on numerous occasions. They are frequently found in each other's company and are constantly arguing in their trademark awkward love-hate manner that is a franchise focus.

161 eps, 13 OVA's and 2 movies!

Great entertainment and comedy - all characters really leave an impression and you will miss them when you finally finish. Recommended to watch dubbed version.

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:31   Link #628
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

There's already an anime of the day.

I've never actually watched Ranma 1/2 even though I know its one of the classics in genderbending history. Also, I've heard of Myself; Yourself but I've never watched it. It sounds like a good romance/drama anime and I might add it onto my to watch list now.
Old 2010-10-06, 18:50   Link #629
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Uh judging by his location, it could already be tomorrow there due to time zone difference.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 18:54   Link #630
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Uh judging by his location, it could already be tomorrow there due to time zone difference.
Its really hard to tell different time-zones... Well this might be a new issue 2 animes being posted at the same time

Ranma 1/2 got me into The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya apparently... With all the gender changing the main character goes... I never did watch Myself:Yourself but I heard it was good.
Old 2010-10-06, 19:01   Link #631
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Ranma 1/2 was great but the (lack of an) ending was just godawful. I hate when stories get ruined because the author is too afraid to give any closure. Which, strangely, Takahashi is capable of doing as evidenced by some of her other, better (imo) works.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 19:22   Link #632
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Oh, sorry. I'll add Ranma 1/2 to the list, then.
Old 2010-10-06, 22:09   Link #633
Cellatore
Super Lurker

Imagine if somebody takes all of these animes of the day and actually finishes them in a day. Like they spend the entire day watching anime, finish the series and see who posts here the next day with another anime.
Cellatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 00:15   Link #634
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Its really hard to tell different time-zones... Well this might be a new issue 2 animes being posted at the same time

Ranma 1/2 got me into The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya apparently... With all the gender changing the main character goes... I never did watch Myself:Yourself but I heard it was good.
I hope we don't get into a Time Zone war.

But wait, the WHAT of Haruhi? I had no idea there even was such a thing...
Old 2010-10-07, 05:13   Link #635
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:

Oops, like others said, I am in a different time zone , GMT.

Old 2010-10-07, 05:16   Link #636
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellatore View Post
Imagine if somebody takes all of these animes of the day and actually finishes them in a day. Like they spend the entire day watching anime, finish the series and see who posts here the next day with another anime.
That's only possible with short animes of 13 eps (6.5 hrs ) or 26 eps (13 hrs )

With anime like Ranma 1/2 - 176 total in eps, OVA and movie, that ain't possible.
Assuming, each is 30 mins. , 176 X 30 = 5280 mins = 88 hours!

Old 2010-10-07, 08:13   Link #637
christinemarie
Crazy One

Anime of the Day
Bokura Ga Ita

The story revolves around Takahashi Nanami and Motoharu Yano, two high schoolers who unexpectedly fall in love. As the series moves on, we get to see the ups and downs of their relationship that eventually climaxes when both of them must truly mature or move on - the choice being particularly difficult for Takahashi. Throughout the story, the viewer is introduced to various problems every couple faces from past influences to jealousy -in the end it's quite a simple plot outline with very gripping dialog (for a drama, that is).
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 15:12   Link #638
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
That's only possible with short animes of 13 eps (6.5 hrs ) or 26 eps (13 hrs )

With anime like Ranma 1/2 - 176 total in eps, OVA and movie, that ain't possible.
Assuming, each is 30 mins. , 176 X 30 = 5280 mins = 88 hours!
Episodes are rarely 30 minutes. More like ~24-26, depending on the series.

Plus, if you skip the opening and ending songs like I do (and previews of the next episode), then you can cut about another 3-4 minutes off.

So, maybe 21 minutes per episode. You could do it in about 3 days.

176 episodes x 21 minutes = 3696 mins. = ~62 hours

Impossible to do in one day, but a 3-day marathon with less than 3 hours of sleep a night....
Old 2010-10-07, 15:48   Link #639
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Bokura Ga Ita sounds like an interesting anime if you are the type of person that is into romance, and like to see couples that produce at the beginning/mid part of the series. By the description, it could explain the many issues a couple can have, hmm.
Old 2010-10-07, 17:40   Link #640
Patch&Quilt

Bokura Ga Ita is my second favourite romance anime behind NANA. It's a brilliant show. Really loved the way it portrayed a teenagers love life, it felt so much more realistic than most other romances set in school.
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote