AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-22, 12:14   Link #641
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Wow Sakurako's songs are soo much better than Himawari's it feels kind of unfair . 365 KO is one of my favorites of the character songs up there with Kirakira☆everyday and Cool Number, and "Kirai janai mon/I don't hate you" is pretty good too. While Hiwamari's songs are definitely good, but felted a bit lacking comparatively to Sakurako, overall so far I'd rank character songs:
Kyouko > Sakurako > Yui > Akari > Himawari > Mirakurun > Chinatsu
LOL, actually, I felt the exact opposite when I listened to the songs Sakurako's "I don't hate you" was a bit too hyperactive for my taste (I bet the lyrics are interesting though) and I preferred Himawari's "Day by Day". But I agree, 365 KO is pretty good; "Onegai Catch Me" was okay, but didn't stand out much. I suppose I'm just not a fan of energetic songs and prefer songs with a nice, flowing melody xD (which explains my current ranking: Yui > Himawari > Sakurako > Akari > Mirakurun > Chinatsu = Kyoko ---- and since I've already listened to Ayano's and Chitose's songs in last week's DJ Tsuda I think their songs will be somewhere between Himawari, Sakurako and Akari)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It seems to be something they did when they were children, as they wrote their names in kana and their handwritings are unpolished. Would also explain the doodles.
Sakurako's details are written on the left along with the picture she drew of Himawari and Himawari's details are written on the right. Sakurako's "occupation" is "lord", Himawari's is "candy shop owner". They filled this in as a lovey-dovey couple little children and Nadeshiko (Sakurako's older sister) signed the registration form (apparently, this was explained in the latest manga chapter)
Old 2011-09-22, 14:04   Link #642
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Enjoyed all Ayano x Kyouko moment (even when i'm actively shipping for Yui x Kyouko):
  • Ayano's reaction before enter the bath,
  • Ayano's reaction AFTER seeing Kyouko stepping out of the bath (her affection toward Kyouko is not platonic ),
  • her kiss on the cheek
  • and her conversation before sleep (i was chanting "take her offer!!", "take her offer!!")

The most hilarious moment is Sakurako and Hiwamari stepping into the bloody room, especially Yui with the. But damn it, lots of Kyouko x Yui flag were killed during that sequence. Yui tried to prevent Kyouko being kissed is good, but then she offered Kyouko to Ayano. In return Kyouko seems rather embarrassed and amused seeing Yui being tounge-raped by Chitose =/

S2 please, or lots of OVA at least
I kinda of enjoyed them somewhat too, but I'd never see it comparable to Kyouko x Yui until Kyouko actual drops her "guard" emotional towards Ayano like does to Yui , and personally I thought Kyouko and Yui didn't care about kiss on each other since they had obivously done it before just like Risa and the teacher, that went something like this comic </delusion> .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:07   Link #643
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

For character songs, I tend to sway favourites towards the ones that fit the theme of the show best. For that reason, I favour the upbeat ones for Yuruyuri. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into Himawari's songs, no matter how hard I try. I really wish I did like them as much as the others, because it's gonna be the only one up to date that I don't leave on my iTunes. ;_;

Anyways, order of favourites? Um...
Kyouko>Yui>Sakurako>Akari>Mirakarun>Chinatsu>Himawari
Old 2011-09-22, 19:34   Link #644
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So, did anyone catch on the drama CD that featured Akane voiced by Yui Horie?
Old 2011-09-22, 19:57   Link #645
Kagayaki

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15684418

I was not ready for "Oneechan-chan daisuki" and "Gyuuuuuuu"

Last edited by Kagayaki; 2011-09-22 at 20:14.
Kagayaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 21:57   Link #646
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15684418

I was not ready for "Oneechan-chan daisuki" and "Gyuuuuuuu"
>_> blocked for me. FML
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 07:27   Link #647
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's not just for you, the video's been deleted due to copyright infringement. Incidentally, I don't think we're allowed to link to that drama CD, as the series is licensed.
Old 2011-09-23, 09:09   Link #648
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Surprisingly enjoyable show. Final episode packs a lot of fun. Akari falling down the side of the hill reminded me of that old WB cartoon where a coyote falls down a cliff.

Chinatsu fainting and unable to put up any resistance to the kiss got me laughing so hard too. On a slightly serious side of things, I'm wondering how Ayano and Kyouko character development will continue (assuming this show gets a S2).

For now.. No! Can't believe it's over.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 02:47   Link #649
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Surprisingly enjoyable show. Final episode packs a lot of fun. Akari falling down the side of the hill reminded me of that old WB cartoon where a coyote falls down a cliff.

Chinatsu fainting and unable to put up any resistance to the kiss got me laughing so hard too. On a slightly serious side of things, I'm wondering how Ayano and Kyouko character development will continue (assuming this show gets a S2).

For now.. No! Can't believe it's over.
The Road Runner Show! Wow, you've managed to hit me with a burst of fruity nostalgia goodness, I thank you. Chinatsu passes out and Chitose continues kissing her- is this...um...illegal? XD Additional win when Kyouko openly let herself get attacked. I'd say Akari got revenge on Chinatsu for what happened in Episode 5, but we all saw her tears here again. :P

This show did surprisingly well, so here's hoping for an S2. Funny how I picked up this series very casually and it grew to be this enjoyable.
Old 2011-09-24, 05:00   Link #650
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

LOL good thing kyoko x ayano remained one-sided. Yui and kyoko had long since married. yui's just want to share for ayano's sake. XDDD Anyway, Namori still ships mah ship. LOL

ova anyone?? it would be nice if it contains yui x kyoko goodness. muehehe. YUI X KYOKO FTFW!!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:25   Link #651
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Just finished watching this show, was brilliant, solid and fun, much better compared to a-channel.

7/10. The best adaption from a yon-koma is still Kanameno but this show deserve more episodes.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:39   Link #652
Midonin
Last Engage

I don't know why you're bringing Kanamemo and A Channel into this, as Yuru Yuri was never a 4-koma in the first place.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 15:58   Link #653
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Probably because it followed a similar slice-of-life idea and it was from the same season, that's all.
Old 2011-09-25, 21:48   Link #654
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
LOL good thing kyoko x ayano remained one-sided. Yui and kyoko had long since married. yui's just want to share for ayano's sake. XDDD Anyway, Namori still ships mah ship. LOL

ova anyone?? it would be nice if it contains yui x kyoko goodness. muehehe. YUI X KYOKO FTFW!!
Yui and Kyoko had long since married, eh? Hmm... *start to fantasize*

Yui get back to her apartment after her uni class, found Kyouko in her kitchen cooking up something. And Kyouko will greet: "Ah Yui, you are home. Sorry, I ate your ice cream, so i made dinner today instead. Almost finished cooking now. You want dinner first, or a bath or (jokingly put up her suggestive pose) ... me". And then Yui will just barge in the kitchen, turn off the stove, pull Kyouko hand with her, and push a slightly shocked and confused Kyouko onto her bed. She then climb over Kyouko body, moving her face closer to embarrassed Kyouko's before saying... "At this age... I won't take your joke so lightly anymore"......

...oh wait, what are we talking about again? I almost dozed off into unconscious REM phase right there.
Old 2011-09-27, 03:00   Link #655
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Not going to be original here, but this series was really charming. There were some genuinely funny moments, but Yuru Yuri was always at its best when it focused on the chemistry between all of the characters, and not just in a relationship sense. Episode 3 and 11 in particular really stood out for me as they really brought on a darkhorse pairing in Yui X Kyoko, whom I honestly feel have more chemistry with each other than they do with Chinatsu and Ayano respectively. I wish that every episode was on the same level as 3 and 11, but thankfully everyone from the tsundere duo to the president and teacher really knew how to play off each other's quirks to keep this show fun to watch.

I feel like there's something I forgot to mention, though...
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 08:13   Link #656
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
Not going to be original here, but this series was really charming. There were some genuinely funny moments, but Yuru Yuri was always at its best when it focused on the chemistry between all of the characters, and not just in a relationship sense. Episode 3 and 11 in particular really stood out for me as they really brought on a darkhorse pairing in Yui X Kyoko, whom I honestly feel have more chemistry with each other than they do with Chinatsu and Ayano respectively. I wish that every episode was on the same level as 3 and 11, but thankfully everyone from the tsundere duo to the president and teacher really knew how to play off each other's quirks to keep this show fun to watch.

I feel like there's something I forgot to mention, though...
You forgot to mention the twins Chitose and Chizuru. But other than that, i think you got pretty much everyone

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-09-28 at 07:22.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 11:21   Link #657
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You forgot to mention the twins Chitose and Chisuze. But other than that, i think you got pretty much everyone
You mean Chizuru, not Chisuze.

Anyway, this show is doing reasonably well in terms of BD sales so far: 8k for Volume 1.
Old 2011-09-27, 22:26   Link #658
liro
Super Driver

Poor Chinatsu.

Old 2011-09-28, 07:21   Link #659
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
You mean Chizuru, not Chisuze.

Anyway, this show is doing reasonably well in terms of BD sales so far: 8k for Volume 1.
And i thought that her name is Chisuzu. But any way... fixed....

8k for a series like this is quite amazing. Probably need more material for S2, but hopefully it will open pathway for yuri manga adaptation
Old 2011-09-28, 07:29   Link #660
Shadow5YA

Akari is the best supporting character ever.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri