1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-06, 15:03   Link #641
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoogleking View Post
Well, I'll say this.

I've been disappointed with R2 for quite some time. The episodes seem to lack the amount of plot progression, complexity and character development that Season 1 had.

That is, until this episode.

I forgive you for those crappy Ashford episodes, R2. This was worth a week's wait.
totally agree with you. I think this episode finally put the gears in motion. I can already tell that some massive action will happen next episode. Rolo or Jeremiah might even die. We also might find a bit more about this "god" thing VV was talking about.

btw wasnt shirley's dad killed around ep 13 last season? I rememeber there was a funeral for her dad in ep 13 (iirc). So Shirley pretty much followed in her dad's footsteps I guess.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:04   Link #642
kurukuru

Send a message via MSN to kurukuru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
no because the gun is on her hand. he'll think she shot herself.
Impossible. Why and how did she shoot her stomach?
kurukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:05   Link #643
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post

btw wasnt shirley's dad killed around ep 13 last season? I rememeber there was a funeral for her dad in ep 13 (iirc). So Shirley pretty much followed in her dad's footsteps I guess.
Correct, it was epi 13. {it's the family's rabbit foot curse}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:17   Link #644
cedec0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
Spoiler for the member's ability of Black Knights:
Kallen about Kallen's intelligence... Didn't she do really well in school (good grades, etc)?
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:19   Link #645
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
kinda torn on whether it's actual love or infatuation...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Infatuation fits the other, static females of Ashford. Shirley, however, didn't like Lelouch at first but found a reason for romantic feelings to develop, unlike the rest of the students.
Is there really any difference? Rising Dragon has a point - Shirley even shot someone to protect Lelou. Lelou's side, however, is much less developed. The most he's done is saving her from jumping off a building.

Looking at the abilities map, I'm surprised that Lelouch thinks so little of Kallen's charisma and intelligence - and so highly of Kaguya's!
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:19   Link #646
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedec0 View Post
Kallen about Kallen's intelligence... Didn't she do really well in school (good grades, etc)?
That may be refering to battle field intelligence, ie experience. It may also refer to intelligence like a network of informants. I think its the former, though.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:20   Link #647
TheMoogleking

Quote:
LMAO, Tamaki's stats suck.
TheMoogleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:22   Link #648
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoogleking View Post
Well, I'll say this.

I've been disappointed with R2 for quite some time. The episodes seem to lack the amount of plot progression, complexity and character development that Season 1 had.

That is, until this episode.

I forgive you for those crappy Ashford episodes, R2. This was worth a week's wait.
I feel that you are absolutely correct, things were slow and blah but now finally moving.

Was it me, or did this episode seem to be the embodiment of the theme forgiveness?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:24   Link #649
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

this ep feels a bit forced, what happen to the orange that i know, his attitude before and after is like 2 different people.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:24   Link #650
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
This is the same woman who walked out in front of a meeting between C.C. and two Chinese officials wearing nothing more than a towel.

That does not scream intelligence.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:25   Link #651
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
this ep feels a bit forced, what happen to the orange that i know, his attitude before and after is like 2 different people.
If you understand the conversation he had with Lelouch + his past history concerning Marianne then it makes sense.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:27   Link #652
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
the writting of these episode was pretty poor.
this eps theme was about forgiveness and comprehension, nothing can come out from only looking for revenger and hatred. but seriously it was so rushed it completely missed the mark and was rediculous.
jeremia swapping side felt seriously wrong " i worked for your mom and i failed her. i ll work for you...' wow can you say stupidity? why didnt he try to establish contact first? all this fake tension with him killing soldier fighting sayako making us think it was going for a final showdown... only to end up like this.

shirley making confession left and right spreading the holly parole of forgiveness was nice but not directed well enought due to a lack of time and the need to fit so much in only 22ish minute. if only they didnt waste so much time with all those completely worthless school episodes. the stupidity of her actions made me facepalm so hard i ll have scars. all of this only to place her in the circumstance that we know.

rollo killing her was completely forced i know this character is fubar from the start but in this eps his sole purpose was to kill shirley without any real logical (concidering his mental state asking for logic is a bit much but heh) justification just to turn her into a "martyr". all this forced writing to force a bit of character devellopement into lelouch, as well as maybe get lelouch x suzaku interaction start again from a new angle.

from now the path is pretty much set. i can see sunrise taking the easiest possible direction, but speculations belong to another thread so i wont comment on this. anyway next eps : emo lelouch going to go for mommy CC to ask for advices

reguarding kallen well since it s seems sunrise decide to take the easy way out it s obvious to deremine what she ll do
OP was ok not sure if i like it better than the previous one... the ED o m g... i havent hated a song harder since the gay opening from GSD...

eps was worth a 6/10 for me. at least the plot advanced a bit. but poor writting made it totally average eps far from the dramatic and epic eps the code geass universe has been able to (rarely) provide

edit :
anyone got anythoughs on the shot we had of shirley's wound after he used his geass to order her to live? was it her last drop of blood getting out of her body or are we going to have a lolsunrise with her body forcing the bullet out blah blah...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:28   Link #653
kurukuru

Send a message via MSN to kurukuru
Quote:
His allegence to Marianne is talked in Picture drama and Game though not in Anime.
kurukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:28   Link #654
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
If you understand the conversation he had with Lelouch + his past history concerning Marianne then it makes sense.
I know, but his past just poped out when it is convininent for lulu, i mean com'on.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:28   Link #655
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Is there really any difference? Rising Dragon has a point - Shirley even shot someone to protect Lelou. Lelou's side, however, is much less developed. The most he's done is saving her from jumping off a building.
Jumping off a building himself in the process.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:30   Link #656
DestinyFate
Shana <3

Tamaki's stats is funny!

and the OP sure does not look good. =(

Kallen on Britannia's side?
Old 2008-07-06, 15:31   Link #657
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
the writting of these episode was pretty poor.
this eps theme was about forgiveness and comprehension, nothing can come out from only looking for revenger and hatred. but seriously it was so rushed it completely missed the mark and was rediculous.
jeremia swapping side felt seriously wrong " i worked for your mom and i failed her. i ll work for you...' wow can you say stupidity? why didnt he try to establish contact first? all this fake tension with him killing soldier fighting sayako making us think it was going for a final showdown... only to end up like this.

shirley making confession left and right spreading the holly parole of forgiveness was nice but not directed well enought due to a lack of time and the need to fit so much in only 22ish minute. if only they didnt waste so much time with all those completely worthless school episodes. the stupidity of her actions made me facepalm so hard i ll have scars. all of this only to place her in the circumstance that we know.

rollo killing her was completely forced i know this character is fubar from the start but in this eps his sole purpose was to kill shirley without any real logical (concidering his mental state asking for logic is a bit much but heh) justification just to turn her into a "martyr". all this forced writing to force a bit of character devellopement into lelouch, as well as maybe get lelouch x suzaku interaction start again from a new angle.

from now the path is pretty much set. i can see sunrise taking the easiest possible direction, but speculations belong to another thread so i wont comment on this. anyway next eps : emo lelouch going to go for mommy CC to ask for advices

reguarding kallen well since it s seems sunrise decide to take the easy way out it s obvious to deremine what she ll do
OP was ok not sure if i like it better than the previous one... the ED o m g... i havent hated a song harder since the gay opening from GSD...
u speak my mind, and ty for that. I can understand that actions but everything in this ep seems very forced to me.
Old 2008-07-06, 15:31   Link #658
zalem

Quote:
I know, but his past just poped out when it is convininent for lulu, i mean com'on.
It didn't just pop out, it was revealed in the picture drama.

Here is a link to a summary of it:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...5-dvd-special/
Old 2008-07-06, 15:34   Link #659
etothex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Jumping off a building himself in the process.
That was a bit meh; i mean come on, he beat suzaku to the grab, the man who can lift KFs, outrun bullets, and run up walls. Shirley was technically not in much danger.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 15:41   Link #660
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
A normal person -- a real person -- would not just throw/cast away his rage/anger/hatred for someone with such ease upon learning something like that, basically it's like flip flopping and way too convenient, in other words, rushed.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote