AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-08-19, 17:08   Link #661
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
90% of the shown chars are funny in some way or another, but i know what you mean, plus he has a really cool move,

but the "uniqueness" doesnt need to be forever, i mean the speciality of his was the 5 times shorter activation time which increased the range, if someone has a similar trion mastery (which i think is the key for this technique) than he should do the same feat
Well yeah, but it also means If there is someone with greater mastery it can possibly get even longer. 40 meters is not mentioned to be limit
Old 2016-08-19, 17:13   Link #662
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nitckpick: 15m/1s and 40m/0.2s means it's not exactly inverse proportionality.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-19, 19:11   Link #663
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^i actually think the leader of the other team is going after the chika in purpose, think about it, why didnt he activate bagworm?
he could have attacked while staying undetected, exspecially since chika can blow up any cover with ibis, so bagworm is the logical option,

my guess is that he wants to lure osamu out, afterall, the sniper of the other team is rather good, so a 2vs1 tactic would have been best on either sniper, but thinking about osamu makes the things a bit harder,

think about it like this:
if they go after each one, the chances are high that it will become more difficult, and once kuga gets to them, they will lose, so the option is to kill them fast, unfortunatly they cant do that,
going 2 vs 1 would result in a sniper interfering and trying to get points, by the enemy-sniper it would result in MAYBE chika interfering but it would mostlikely result in chika helping kuga which means that they kill chika but get killed by kuga,
if they go after chika it will result in enemy-sniper "helping" chika or the enemy-sniper helps killing kuga, even he cant defeat 2 attacker+1 sniper at the same time, and osamu could attack them too,
and lets say it works, it would still mean that 2 attackers fight against 2 attackers + 1 sniper, not good,

BUT if they "fake" their attack and osamu shows up either one can get a point thanks to direct 1 vs 1 with osamu, than going after chika while one protects the attacker against the enemy-sniper and the other one gets the points,
than going after the other sniper while kuga fights the 2 attackers,
after that it would be kuga vs 2 attackers vs 2 attackers, the best option of the lowest-score-team,

all in all, if i would be the leader of the team that attacks the snipers, i would not go after them right now, at least not with 100%, i would use it in order to lure out the annoying prey that keeps messing up others plans

i hope others can understand this whole stuff, im a bit sleepy :/

PS: isnt world trigger a great strategy-battle manga?
Mostly makes sense .

It leaves an interesting set of choices for Osamu. It could be either a feint, real intention to go after Chika, or both. If they approach properly it is possible to close the distance on Chika without getting nuked. And also at the same time it helps potentially lure out Osamu.

Of course it's also possible they've forgotten about Osamu amidst the chaos. All those explosions have done a number on the amount of wires that were set up (at least I thought I saw wires getting knocked down amidst all that fighting). Taking out the snipers allows an easier time. And their positions are blown right now which makes it a possible course of action.

I'm curious to see what Osamu chooses to do. He could get back to setting up the net, but at the same time if Chika gets taken out that will limit their options. And if he handles it correctly it could pay off.

That's the difficult things. You have to figure out what the other side is strategizing (and there are 2 enemy teams which complicates it further) and figure out your best move at the same time.

The strategy and tactics side of it really does make this a fun manga to follow.
Old 2016-08-19, 22:31   Link #664
p-kun

It's hard to predict what will happen next week without guessing Osamu's position. From the last panel, it may be that he's in the west and thus, it's unlikely that he will have time to protect Chika. The Ikoma Team wall that Osamu uses to keep Ouji Team away will backfire in this case and slows Osamu in backtracking to Chika. Alternatively, he's back in the south east where he spread his wires for the first time, which means he may be able to help Chika as long as Chika can hold on her own for some time.

I think Ouji team purposedly approach without bagwork and then using bagworm at the last minute to keep the opponents guessing on who they will hit. Oki? Chika? or both.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 09:42   Link #665
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Of course it's also possible they've forgotten about Osamu amidst the chaos. All those explosions have done a number on the amount of wires that were set up (at least I thought I saw wires getting knocked down amidst all that fighting).
i doubt that they did, i mean the enemys captain was even able to accurately read osamus movements, him forgetting osamu all of a sudden kind of seems like CIS :/
btw, i didnt see any wires getting cut in this chapter, all enemys moved out of that area...
Quote:
Taking out the snipers allows an easier time. And their positions are blown right now which makes it a possible course of action.
but it wont be easy, exspecially if they have close range abilitys, chika with lead-hound will be a difficult enemy...
Quote:
I'm curious to see what Osamu chooses to do. He could get back to setting up the net, but at the same time if Chika gets taken out that will limit their options. And if he handles it correctly it could pay off.
yeah, but i think he will choose to use the opportunity of enemy sniper vs enemy-attacker in order to get points (which would be great) but it will let chika be in danger :/ difficult choices and the possibility of him getting killed by either of the other two is also high
mostlikely he will be forced to show up and assist chika fighting the enemy-guy...
Quote:
That's the difficult things. You have to figure out what the other side is strategizing (and there are 2 enemy teams which complicates it further) and figure out your best move at the same time.

The strategy and tactics side of it really does make this a fun manga to follow.
true, strategy such as this is really impossible to find in any other manga, i really hope this story will get a lot more popular, for hells sake, we are at CHAPTER 154!!!
boku no hero academia is at 103 and people are freaking out whenever a new chapter is online,
i wish WT will reach that level too exspecially since it deserves it to 100%
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 11:37   Link #666
Tenzen12

Alright I believe this is actually Osamu's first point isn't it? Anyway nice combination.
Old 2016-08-27, 12:57   Link #667
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Alright I believe this is actually Osamu's first point isn't it? Anyway nice combination.
It's Osamu's first point in this match but Osamu's 4th point in all rounds.

Chika is growing really fast since the past 10 chapters or so from her old yes-girl persona, when she made a decision for her team to accept Kido's terms. And now, she's finally contributing some thoughts for her team strategy. Osamu has shone in the past round. Yuuma has shone in all rounds. I have high expectation that this is Chika's turn to blow our mind.
Old 2016-08-27, 16:18   Link #668
LevelSeven

i like how the story manages to find so many different ways of "osamu defeating b-rank fighters without letting it look like a MC-plot-forcing",
chika will be superhelpful while osamu will give his best to survive against the captain, a really interesting fight will happen

but yeah, chika really started to grow a lot in the past 10 or so chapters, and the idea of the author to prevend chika from becoming OP was also a good one, only a lot of time will change her opinion, so she simply needs to push forward until it resolves in the future

PS: kuga is a experienced supersoldier, he will shine in any team (unless it is made out of Jin and the #1 attacker)
Old 2016-08-27, 16:44   Link #669
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Speaking of Chika, I wonder why she isn't using better shields? We've seen complete coverage. From Kitora, of all people, so it can't be a trion issue. Does it require more skill?

And Kuga'd better show more super-soldieriness soon. He's facing a whole upper B team on his own. Things aren't looking good.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 21:37   Link #670
p-kun

Perhaps shield skill is not what she is prioritizing at the moment, given her limited time to train. As a sniper, her priority should be accuracy, and then mobility. A good sniper should not need shield very often. Case to point: Azuma in round 4. We do know that Chika's basic accuracy is not even at B-rank level, because she has not fulfilled the graduation criteria despite her non merit based promotion. So I imagine accuracy will be her biggest concern right now.
Old 2016-08-28, 07:16   Link #671
James Rye

I really liked how Chika's little jump was just a bluff to buy time and it worked so well because her pursuer was so cautious about Osamu's wires. Osamu even helps without being there. xD

Their teamwork was great, Osamu being there for shielding to give Chika two free hands to create big cube of doom and Osamu to finish off the job of immobilized target. Good show, guys!

Yuuma seems to have a hard time as well against the teamwork of Ikoma, even falling for the old Asteroid shout while in truth those cubes were meteorids. This really shows no matter how good you are, if you have constantly to look at your back against superior numbers and in this case talented as well, then sooner or later you will get done in.

While it would be interesting to see Osamu and Chika try to win on their own in case of Yuuma getting killed by Ikoma team, I don't think they are there yet with their current ability despite their shown growths.
I even doubt they will be able to take out Ouji at least not with some injuries or even casualties on their own side.
Old 2016-08-28, 08:55   Link #672
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Perhaps shield skill is not what she is prioritizing at the moment, given her limited time to train. As a sniper, her priority should be accuracy, and then mobility. A good sniper should not need shield very often. Case to point: Azuma in round 4. We do know that Chika's basic accuracy is not even at B-rank level, because she has not fulfilled the graduation criteria despite her non merit based promotion. So I imagine accuracy will be her biggest concern right now.
Wasn't she doing pretty ok during the joint sniper practice? (ch 118, rank 19)
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 09:01   Link #673
LevelSeven

^^yeah, i also doubt that osamu and chika can survive alone,

the most likely to happen scenario is that osamu and chika have a hard time against the captain guy while kuga is slowly losing against the other team, and in the end they will fail,

but instead of induvidual new boosts they will get hyuse as new team member which will boost the overall strength of them by a lot, or at least enough in order to reach the top 2 of the of the b-ranks (mostlikely only because the strategys possible with hyuse will not be countered by other teams in a mere 2 battle-timespan, i guess if there was a longer time (like with kuga+osamu+chika team than there would be effective counters and tamakoma2 will reach the upper-mid-ranks again (at least for now))
Old 2016-08-28, 09:10   Link #674
p-kun

^^ Unfortunately, Azuma doesn't allow "pretty ok" sniper graduate to B-rank (unless you have favoritism from the top brass). To be promoted to B-rank, she needs to be rank 18 or above for 3 joint practices (with different themes) in a row. She has not managed to do that even in that latest joint practice, where 2 top snipers sand bagged and many top snipers didn't even come (at least 4 to 5 A-ranked snipers skipped that joint practice).

I saw someone listed down all known snipers from BBF and found that a few C-rank snipers ranked above her in that last joint practice which she scored rank 19.
Old 2016-08-29, 09:46   Link #675
Proto

Quote:
To be promoted to B-rank, she needs to be rank 18 or above for 3 joint practices (with different themes) in a row.
Do you mind reminding me which chapter that was mentioned in? I totally forgot.
Old 2016-08-29, 12:20   Link #676
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Do you mind reminding me which chapter that was mentioned in? I totally forgot.
Chapter 42, when Natsume complained that she would never reach B-rank because it's impossible for her to place at top 15% for 3 weeks in a row. Presumably joint practices are held once a week (not sure) so that's where 3 weeks come from. If there are more joint practices in a week, then the hurdle is higher.

Also not sure how it's counted if the top snipers sandbag hard like Touma and Ema. Let's assume that Azuma is generous about that and counts rank in one joint practice rather than actual sniper position rank.

In second to last practice, we found out that there were 128 snipers participating. So rank 19 was the cutoff point for the top 15%. I think Chika ranked above 19 there.

In the last joint practice, 127 participated. As it turned out, I remembered wrong in my older post. Chika did reach top 15% there. The first out of 3 for her.

Anyway, excluding Chika who is not a full fledged B-rank sniper, Border has 18-19 B-rank snipers out of at least 128 snipers, almost precisely 15%. Most sniper trainees would never graduate, ever, which makes snipers rare. It's telling that in BBF, skill of 7 will give you master class attackers/shooters/gunners/allrounders, while skill of 7 will only give you bottom of barrel B-rank snipers like Taichi, thanks to the ridiculously high graduation requirement.
Old 2016-08-29, 14:44   Link #677
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chika's little bluff was really smart. She could be a top tier fighter if only she could shoot people with real bullets.
Old 2016-08-29, 15:12   Link #678
LevelSeven

^she isnt really that good at sniping, her trion level allows her to spam a lot but from a sniping point as in "making every shoot count" (granted, she cant shoot people so we wont be able to compare her to other snipers due to never seeing her in a similar situation) she is far from being top tier, but from her practive points she doesnt seem to be that bad
Old 2016-08-29, 16:13   Link #679
Kanijo

Pretty sure the only requirement to become B-Rank is to get 4000 points for your weapon.

Natsume's complaint was about how many points she gets for her weapon is dependent on how good she does in practice. Like the most amount of points she can get from training is 50 points, but is doing pretty poorly, so she only gets 10 points toward her weapon. Her complaint of never making it is just her points are increasing at an incredibly low rate.

Chika is a full fledged B-Rank, because she has over 4000 points.
Kanijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 19:33   Link #680
Proto

Quote:
^she isnt really that good at sniping, her trion level allows her to spam a lot but from a sniping point as in "making every shoot count" (granted, she cant shoot people so we wont be able to compare her to other snipers due to never seeing her in a similar situation) she is far from being top tier, but from her practive points she doesnt seem to be that bad
We indirectly know that she just doesn't spam when in that chapter I quoted she only got shot 3 times. Spamming your weapon as a sniper is equal to putting a huge mark on your back and inviting everyone to shoot you. That she only got shot thrice is a sign of the opposite, she makes her shots count and moves frequently/effectively between them.

Tags
action, shounen stargate